Chapter 22

A Twisted Fairytale

Haneul entered a ddeokbokki shop to see Jinyoung drunk on the table murmuring to himself.

"Oppa... why are you here?" She asked and sat down on a stool.

Jinyoung looked up, his eyes were full of tears."Are you Haneul?"

"Do i look like someone else?" She asked.

"I knew it." He sighed.

"Oppa... why are you-" Haneul frowned.

"Why are you dating Baro?" Jinyoung cut her off.

Haneul blinked. "Is that why you're drunk?"

"I like you too. Why is it him who got to you first?" Jinyoung banged his fist on the table.

Haneul's heart froze. "You... you like me?"

"If only i confessed first, you would accept my heart, wouldn't you?" He cried.

"Oppa..." Haneul bit her lip as Jinyoung reached for another bottle of soju.

"Yah, don't drink anymore." She snatched the bottle away. "Let's go home."

"Why must i?! Nothing matters anymore." He stumbled away clumsily.

"Oppa..." She sighed. "Let's go." She grabbed his arm and pulled him out of the shop, apologising to the ahjumma on the way out.

Jinyoung walked clumsily, swaying from side to side, occasionally stopping for a while.

After walking for several minutes, he started regurgitating.

Haneul patted him on his back soothingly. "Oppa, are you okay?"

Jinyoung stood up and looked at Haneul. "How can i be okay? My heart has been ripped into half..." He suddenly collapsed into Haneul's arms.

She was stunned for a moment. "It's rare for a guy to fall into a girl's arms." She muttered and supported him with her shoulders. She walked him all the way home to where he lived.

His noona opened the door. "Oh, why is he so drunk?"

"I'm not sure..." Haneul replied before handing him over.

"Thanks for bringing him home." She smiled and closed the door. Haneul nodded and started to walk home. The moon shone down on her as she reflected on her actions.

"Did i do the right thing?" She asked herself.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Jinyoung walked up to Haneul. "Sorry for yesterday. You must have had a hard time carrying me all the way back."

"Not really. Don't look down on me, i'm pretty strong." She smiled.

"Did i say anything that's not supposed to be said?" He asked with embarrassment.

"Eung... i don't think so." She replied.

"That's good. I was worried." He rubbed his nape awkwardly.

Haneul laughed. "Relax." She patted his shoulders.

Jinyoung smiled. "Thanks anyway. I wish you all the best with Baro." His eyes seemed to water as she smiled and walked away. Haneul stood still and watched him as he walked into the distance. "Oppa... i'm sorry..." she mumbled under her breath.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"What's this?" Haneul looked at the shopping bag in Baro's hands.

"It's a present." Baro smiled sheepishly.

"Why are you spending money on presents?" She pouted.

"Because you're my girlfriend." He replied.

She shuddered. "You're so mushy!" She gave him a slight shove before accepting the present. She peeped in and took out a new sling-bag. "Oh..."

"It's a school bag for you! Look at yours." He lifted her bag and wrinkled his nose.

"It's perfectly fine." She puffed her cheeks.

"Fine?" He pointed at the thousands of stitches.

"I salvaged it." She argued.

"Just take it and stop arguing." Baro chucked it to Haneul. "And say your friend gave it to you instead of me. Hwamin might get jealous." He added, grinning widely.

"Of course." She smiled and kept the bag back nicely in the shopping bag. "Thanks so much!" She gave him a tight hug.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

HEY~ Sorry my absence. I know i've not updated this for a long time. I'm so sorry. I've been so busy these few days i had to squeeze time out to write this. D: 

Just to prepare everyone, i'll be going on a hiatus somewhere at the end of September until the middle of October. That's because i'll be busy preparing for my end of year examinations, so i hope you'll understand. 

Oh, and i'll be posting a one-shot some time soon. It's going to be a depressing one, so i was just wondering who you might like to be the guy? It would be nice if you gave suggestions. But i'm warning you beforehand, the one-shot is a depressing story and she won't end up with the guy in the end. Please give suggestions in the comments~