Chapter 7

Pandora Box

Her eyes were filled with hatred and the way she glared to Seohyun it was like she's trying to tell Seohyun that she's going to slap her to death. Seohyun wasn't scared to face her. She held her head up, telling herself that Si Yeon wasn't someone she should be scared of. The both of them stayed still for a moment then Si Yeon sighed, slightly looking away from Seohyun.

"What's going on between you and Yunho?" She asked. Her tone was cold, colder than her eyes.

"Nothing." Seohyun answered, trying to be calm and controlled.

"Nothing?" She scoffed as she folded her arms on her chest. "There is something and whatever it is, it'd better stopped."

"What?" Seohyun's eyes widened with disbelief. "What's your problem with me?"

"I don't like you around him." Si Yeon stepped forward; her eyes were staring deep into Seohyun.

"Well, we didn't get along because we want to. We didn't plan to be around each other either. It happened without we're even trying." Seohyun knew what she just said could make Si Yeon angrier and she would hate her more.

"You don't know anything about Yunho. Because unlike me, his childhood friend, you just met him." Si Yeon hissed. Her goddess-like face had turned into something evil. "Who are you to be at Yunho's side?"

Seohyun was slightly shaken. Si Yeon had her there. She didn't know anything about Yunho. She only knew that he didn't have a mother anymore. Other than that, she had no idea. Her heart ached as she thought of it more. The woman who's in front of her, whom Yunho had known for his entire life, seemed to be more eligible to be at Yunho's side. Seeing from the way she dressed and behaved, Si Yeon was also as rich as Yunho. Seohyun was nowhere close to their social class. It's not like Seohyun was poor or something, she just started to feel insecure.

"Now you're thinking?" Si Yeon scoffed as she threw her hair to the back of her shoulder. "You shouldn't feel comfortable yet around Yunho."

Seohyun looked away, not knowing how to respond to Si Yeon. Her heart was tearing up but she tried to hold still, waiting Si Yeon to finish her words.

"I don't know what you've done for him but he's probably being nice to you because of that." She rolled her eyes. "Of course, you wouldn't know. He wouldn't let you know either."

"Maybe you're right that I just met him; that I know nothing much about him but I know that Yunho isn't that kind of guy." Seohyun tried to get a grip of herself. Si Yeon was being too bold on pushing her and it made Seohyun wanting to fight back even more.

"He's broken right now. He needs to release his stress somewhere. Could it be... You didn't know he have a problem?"

Seohyun's mind wandered back to the night she met Yunho at the park. His face was tired, exhausted mentally. She sensed something was wrong with him but he didn't tell anything else but 'some problem at work'. Could it be then? Seohyun didn't want to force Yunho to answer, that time she didn't have the right to. Even now, she still thought that she didn't have the right yet.

"You don't know." Si Yeon dropped her hands, sighing deeply. "You really don't know anything."

"Even if I know, you would still confront me, wouldn't you?" Seohyun looked away. "It's alright. I will do what I think right to do. Even if it means I have to be such pain for you. Until Yunho tells me himself, I won't go anywhere yet."

"Aren't you a confident one?" Si Yeon laughed in disgust. "Fine by me if you want to do whatever you think right and it's you who should be prepared if you want to be a pain for me."

She threw an evil smirk to Seohyun as she walked away. Even though there's nothing she regretted of saying, Seohyun felt uneasy. She's worried about Yunho. She didn't know how broken Yunho was but to wake a man in a middle of a night, it must be quite a complicated problem. She wanted to run to him but she couldn't do it. She's going to build a bad atmosphere if she's there. Si Yeon could probaby hold herself to scream at Seohyun but it's just not the right thing to do. Seohyun sighed, running her fingers through her hair desperately. She turned around and headed to the elevator. She decided to go home.

***

Yunho couldn't sit and calm himself. He's holding onto his phone, waiting. Seohyun didn't come last night. She didn't respond to his texts and calls. He was planning to go her apartment last night but Si Yeon wasn't leaving until Yunho fell asleep. When we woke up, he had to go to the office afterwards then left to the airport by lunch break. He shoved one hand into his pocket as he took a deep breath and let it out slowly. He's worried about her, he's worried if he had done anything wrong to her, he's worried if she got sick and he didn't know it.

Yunho held up his phone and dialed Seohyun's number once again. He listened carefully to the dial tone, hoping it would stop once Seohyun finally picked up. But there was no answer. Yunho frowned quietly as he hung up.

"Yunho!" A woman's voice called out his name. He turned around to find Si Yeon walking gracefully towards him and hugged him tightly.

"Thanks for sending me off." Yunho said as Si Yeon pulled back and smiled to him.

"Of course, three important men in my life are going to leave me alone. I must send them off." She chuckled elegantly then she leaned up to kiss Yunho's cheek and whispered, "Especially you."

"Hm." Yunho half-smiled. "Your father's waiting for you. We're boarding soon; you'd better go to him."

"I know that." Si Yeon smiled once again before she went to her father, who was talking with Yunho's father.

The two of them were the founders of J&P Group. They had been close friends since high school and of course, it came across their mind to matchmake Yunho and Si Yeon, seeing both of them were their first child and that time, the only child as well. But both Yunho and Si Yeon refused because they were still focusing on their study. Ever since, Yunho and Si Yeon had been closer than ever, thinking they had the same goal in life. About what would happen in the future, he wasn't sure. He still wanted to improve his career.

Yunho checked on his watch when the announcement of their departure was echoing in the waiting room. Then Yunho checked on his phone, there was nothing. Not even a text. He pursed his lips together as he stood straight. When he was about to walk to the gate, his phone buzzed and he picked it up right away.

"Hello." He said calmly.

"Have a safe flight, Yunho. I'll be waiting for you." Seohyun's voice was as calm, like there's nothing wrong and it confused Yunho.

"Why haven't you replied my texts and responded to my calls?" His voice started to sound worry. He just couldn't hide it. "I'm worried about you."

"I'm sorry. It's a long story." She exhaled. "You don't have to worry now. I'm fine."

"You're not smiling. I can feel it."

"That's funny." Seohyun chuckled softly. It was true that she hadn't been able to smile lately. She had to force it for Yunho even though he didn't see her. "Can you feel it now?"

"Let's say so." He smiled to her question. "I'll be back soon. Take care of yourself."

"I will. You, too, take care."

"I have to go now." He said when he saw his father leaving to the gate with Si Yeon and his father. "Bye."

"Bye."

Both of them hung up. Then Yunho followed his father into the gate. There was one thing Yunho didn't know. Seohyun was there, watching him from afar. When she arrived, Yunho was already with Si Yeon and she couldn't get her feet to walk to them. She had no reason to if Si Yeon was there. So she decided to stay where she was and called Yunho when Si Yeon wasn't around. At first she was scared that Si Yeon would be around him all the time. Fortunately, she finally had the chance to bid him farewell, even it's just through the phone.

 

Yunho sat on his seat in the plane. He put his suitcase next to him as he turned off his phone. Yunho leaned back against his seat as he opened today's newspaper. There was one article that caught his attention. It was about the company. Thankfully it was a good article saying that the company seemed to be going well as the financial balance wasn't damage by the marketing problem going on in Seoul. Yunho's name was written there along with his father's name and Si Yeon's father's.

"You still haven't found my child?"

Yunho turned his head to his father who was on the phone with someone. Yunho sighed as he closed the newspaper.

"Father, turn off your phone, please." He said, half-whispering.

"One moment." He held his palm up to Yunho and continued his conversation. "Even the slightest bit of information? You haven't been able to find anything?"

"Father." Yunho repeated. He hated to see what Si Yeon had told him before came true. His father put all of his heart to find his second child who he had been neglected for years.

"I said one moment." His father didn't bother to look at him. He just continued. "My wife's sister didn't tell you anything? Hmm... She's really presistent about hiding my child. I'm begging you. Please, help me to find my child. Yes. Thank you."

Finally, he hung up his phone and turned it off. He glanced slightly to Yunho who was still staring at him in disbelief.

"Why can't you just let it go? Aunt Yoo Eun doesn't want you to find that child. Besides, you're not responsible for that child's life since that child was born after the divorce." Yunho looked away from his father.

"If I can have my family to be together again, why not?" He answered calmly.

"You're just feeling guilty." Yunho rubbed his forehead, sighing wearily.

"You can say that." His father sighed deeply. "At least, to find the child I've been neglected and to apologize, I can die peacefully then. Oh, and to see you married with Si Yeon, too."

"Father." Yunho startled. He looked around to see if Si Yeon's father was there but thankfully he was in a different place. "I do not plan on marrying Si Yeon. We've known each other for too long and we've called it off long time ago."

"That was because you're still a mindless rascal back then. A beautiful and successful woman like Si Yeon, who doesn't want her?"

"I don't." Yunho answered quietly. "I already have someone else."

His father looked surprised as he glanced to Yunho. "You already have someone?" He laughed. His laughter somewhat filled with joy. "You should bring her to see me once we're back to Korea."

"I will do that." Yunho nodded to his father.

Somehow Yunho felt his father was changing. His father used to be so serious and quiet before. But lately, he had loosened up. Was it because he believed that he had the chance to rebuild his family that he had ruined at the first place? Yunho felt sorry for his father. He didn't know if he should let his father keep looking for that child or not but if his father could really change into someone better and happier, he'd surrender.

The plane started to move. Yunho fastened his seatbelt and rested his head against his seat. He glanced slightly to his father. Could this also be the time for Yunho to rebuild his relationship with his father? He turned his head to the front then he rubbed his forehead. Could he do it? How would he do it? He's not very interested in finding his lost sibling but this was quite crucial for his father who wanted to have his family back. His aunt, however, wouldn't be his source since she had declared that she didn't wish to talk to anyone from Jung family. He would try finding a way or simply hoping he accidentally bumped into him -or her- on the street. He exhaled deeply, trying to think about it later as he closed his eyes and got himself to relax.

 

 


The name of the family members are not real (yes, there will be names for the family members)

So don't try finding Aunt Yoo Eun on Google hehehe^^

by the way, I still need a poster but I don't know who's the best graphic artist around here... *sigh*