Chapter 3

Pandora Box

 

             Yunho slammed the door of his apartment's room then he threw himself to the couch. His mind was a mess. Was it really a lie? It was possible for the baby to be saved and survived the accident. When was it? Was the baby on its 9th month when it happened? Yunho had no one he could ask about it. His mother's family refused to keep in touch with any of his father's family members, including him.

              He let out a deep sigh as he stood up and walked to his room. He took off his suit and then he loosened his tie. He was too lazy to bend down so he kicked his black leather shoes off of his feet recklessly.

            He sat on his bed and noticed the blinking LED light of his Blackberry. He grabbed his phone and unlocked it to see what's on the screen. There were three missed calls from his father, five missed calls and three text messages from Si Yeon, some more missed calls and text messages from others and the last one was a missed call from an unknown number. It took a second for him to remember whose number it was; Seohyun, the young woman with real flowers in her apartment.

Somehow, he decided to text her rather than just saving her number.

"This is Yunho. I just got home and I've saved your number. Also, I didn't miss my lunch break. Have a pleasant evening."

He pressed the send button.

Why the hell he told her about his lunch? As if she's curious about it. Yunho was just a drunk guy that she met and helped in a random night. Whatever. The message was sent and Yunho was curious to see what kind of reply he'd get.

Not too long after that, the LED light blinked. On the screen was a notification of a new message from Seohyun. He opened the message and chuckled as he read her reply.

"You didn't miss it? That's great! \(^o^)/ I was worried if you'd missed it, Mr. CEO. (You dropped your business card in my room. How could that happen? Kekeke). Have a pleasant evening for you too."

           He felt awkward. He wasn't sure what to reply. Should he be as playful? Or should he keep it cool and CEO-like? He shook his head as he exhaled calmly. When he was about to type, suddenly his apartment's bell rang. He decided to check on the door first so he wouldn't be bothered while texting. He looked to the monitor near the door and found Si Yeon was there, carrying her Louis Vuitton bag and wearing black shades. He muttered to himself then he opened the door.

"Do you have to wear shades to my apartment?" He asked as he let her in.

"This is my style and you know it." She went into the room and then she sat on the couch and put her bag next to her. She took off her shades and from the way she stared, Yunho knew she wanted to verify one thing.

"I heard you have a sibling from aunt. Is that true?" She crossed her legs and leaned back to the couch.

"I don't want to talk about it." He said as he walked to the kitchen. "What do you want to drink?"

"Nothing yet." She answered. "I wonder if that person really exists. That sibling of yours. Why did he have to be revealed now?"

"He?" Yunho raised an eyebrow as he leaned against the counter, facing Si Yeon from the opposite direction.

"Let's just say it's a he, okay? I accept no 'she' in your life except myself. And since it's being told out of the blue, I think it's a he." She intertwined her fingers on her lap. Her eyes were sharp like a fox. "Say... A candidate for the next J&P Group President?"

             Yunho scoffed. "Ha! Out of nowhere... That's really funny. I believe this has nothing to do with J&P Group. And no one knows if it's a he or a she."

"Then... Why?"

            He looked away from her. Yunho didn't know either. It was too sudden. After twenty five years, why did something like this must happen? Why did his mother's family even keep it a secret and suddenly blurred it out like that?

"Maybe it's just the time." He looked to the floor. Si Yeon tilted her head, looking confused.

"Time?" She chuckled. "Time for what? For telling your father that he has a child that he's been neglecting for twenty five years? And then what?"

            She started at him but Yunho was quiet. Nothing could come out from his mouth. He didn't have the answer. Even his brain couldn't think of anything that made sense.

"You should be careful. You and your father." She sighed in depress. "What if it's a fraud to take down the company? You know how guilty your father was towards your mother's death! If he puts his heart into find this 'child', the company might lose its balance."

          Yunho pressed his lips together and threw his fist onto the counter. "What are you suggesting me to do!?" He yelled, letting out of his stress and anger. "I have no idea whether it's true or just a lie! This person..." His voice started to disappear. "If this person really exists..."

            No. Yunho didn't know what to do to that person. He was drown in burden and the feeling of being lonely. He was being left out as well. He's always being the last one to know. Things were too complicated to be explained at once. Slowly... Everything will be explained.

Si Yeon sighed. "I can try finding this person if you'd like."

"No need to." He shook his head then he took a deep breath and let it out slowly. He covered his face with both hands and rubbed his eyes. "I'm tired. You should leave."

            Si Yeon walked to Yunho then she pulled down his hands, revealing his face. Yunho looked messy, for sure. His eyes looked tired as they stared at Si Yeon.

"If you want me to find this person, just tell me." She said softly. Then she leaned up to kiss Yunho's cheek. She rubbed her thin palm against his cheek then she turned away and left the apartment.

          The moment Yunho was alone again; he let out a deep groan as he sunk himself into the bed. He felt tired, mentally. He decided to check on his phone before going to bed. There were two unread messages. Both were from Seohyun.

"Did you fall asleep? You must be very tired! Don't forget to have breakfast tomorrow ^^"

"Oh and tomorrow, there will be a flower exhibition in town. You should come. The flowers are blooming beautifully. Good night."

 


Posted! x)

I hope there's nothing odd in this chapter ><

I've tried my best to build on the argument ^^v

*alignments got screwed when I tried to justify the paragraphs (boooo-__-)