Chapter 12

Pandora Box

Yunho's eyes were closed. He tried not to remember what just happened but it was horrible. It haunted him. The pieces of the broken vase were slightly covered in blood that soon covered Yunho's palm as he lifted Si Yeon's head and shook her body with panic. Her eyes were shut closed. No matter how many times he called her name, they wouldn't move an inch. Soon, he realized, she wasn’t even conscious anymore.

It haunted him.

Yunho opened his eyes and the first thing he saw was his palms. They were still covered in blood, not only Si Yeon's but also Yoo Jae's. Yunho couldn't hold himself, he just had to do it. His fists swung without any control. They went all over Yoo Jae. But before Yunho got any furious, Donghae separated him from Yoo Jae. Yunho wasn't able to stop but that old man could die if Yunho kept going. All he did then was taking Si Yeon to the closest hospital.

Suddenly, Yunho felt someone grabbing him by his collar. He pulled Yunho to stand up.

"How can this happen!?"

Yunho lifted his head and found Leeteuk staring at him furiously.

"Answer me! How can you let this happen, huh!?"

"I was careless... I didn't see it coming." Yunho answered quietly. Seeing all the blood was already a burden for him.

"You bastard." Leeteuk pushed him. "This isn't fair. If she doesn't make it-..."

"SHE'LL MAKE IT!" Yunho cried out. His eyes were teary. He didn't want to hear it. He didn't want to think about it.

"You care about her now?" Leeteuk scoffed. "If she doesn't make it, I'll make sure you're next."

Leeteuk turned away and left to Si Yeon's room. Yunho fell to the chair. He covered his face with his palms and he screamed out his heart. He felt guilty but he felt worried more than anything. He had never thought something horrible like this would happen. He believed in her, that she would survive it, that she would make it for him. It sounded selfish that he hoped she'd do it for him when he barely did anything for her.

The cold breeze in the corridor slowly became warmer as Yunho felt himself was being wrapped by the arms which the warmth he knew so well. Yunho cried on Seohyun's shoulder. Then Seohyun his back gently.

"Everything will be alright." She whispered softly.

"It's my fault. She shouldn't have run to me. She shouldn't be in a coma. I should be..." Yunho cried harder.

"Don't be like that. Whatever you say now won't change anything. We can only accept what had happened and try our best to live with it." Seohyun pulled back and looked into his eyes. "You want her to survive, don't you?"

Yunho nodded. His heart ached to see how Seohyun still wanted to care when the red mark on her cheek was still there. Yunho put his palm on her cheek and caressed it gently.

"I'm alright." Seohyun smiled to him as she took his hand in hers. "Be strong for her. She will survive if you're strong enough to make her survive."

"Seohyun..." Yunho brought her hand to his lips and kissed it gently. "I love you."

"I love you too." She leaned in and pressed her lips gently against Yunho's lips.

"Stay with me." He said as he pulled her down to sit on his lap. Yunho wrapped his arms around her waist as he rested his head on her shoulder. "Your cheek is still burning. I'm sorry."

"It's nothing. It's not as painful anymore."

"Still. I'm sorry I've hurt your feeling. I should've been on your side."

"It's fine. I understand." She smiled. "We're both on Si Yeon's side right now. Even though she hates me, I will still look after her."

"Thank you." Yunho felt his heart had calmed a little. He, too, had stopped crying. He's glad Seohyun came. She probably came with Leeteuk and she probably saw everything earlier but she didn't bring it up. He felt relieved.

"You should wash your hands." Seohyun held his hands as she stood up and pulled him up gently.

Yunho took a deep breath then he let it out. "Okay. I'll be right back." He kissed her forehead and left.

Seohyun sighed quietly as she walked to Si Yeon's room. She silently watched from the small window on the door. Leeteuk was inside, sitting next to her bed, holding her hand. Once in a while, he checked her heart rate then he sighed. The other person in the room was In Gook. He leaned against the wall. He blew his cheeks then he lowered his head. Seohyun pursed her lips as she opened the door and entered the room.

"How is she?"

Both of them turned their head to Seohyun but then In Gook looked down again.

"She's alright for now. Well, she's in coma but the doctor said there's a chance for her to wake up..." Leeteuk nodded. "She's alright."

Seohyun put her hand on Leeteuk's shoulder, it gently. From the outside, Si Yeon looked fine. The bandage only wrapped her head, nothing else. But the impact of the hit could be pretty bad. It's already a miracle for Si Yeon to be in a coma. Some other people couldn't even stay alive after being hit like that.

“What will happen to the person who hit her?”

“Uncle Dae Jin put him in jail.” In Gook answered. There was sadness in his voice. “He couldn’t accept any of this.”

“Of course. Si Yeon is the one he treasures the most after his wife died. If I were him, I would have killed that man.” Leeteuk burst out.

“Leeteuk.” Seohyun glared to him.

“You, too. If it was Yunho who got hit and become like this, you would have killed that man, wouldn’t you?”

“It’s enough. Don’t put any more pressure in this room.” In Gook sighed deeply. “Uncle Dae Jin and my dad are taking care of him. That’s why we’re here, to look after noona. Not to bother thinking of killing him.”

Leeteuk pursed his lips and then he nodded. "Fine. Whatever you say. But, really. If something goes wrong with Si Yeon, he's dead."


Two weeks had passed since the accident happened. Si Yeon, however, hadn't regained her consciousness yet. She just laid there on the bed with everyone watching her day and night, hoping she would wake up soon. The company would be taken care of by Yunho and his father until Si Yeon woke up. Then her father would be back to the company. Leeteuk, too, almost handed down the flower shop to Seohyun and Luna but Si Yeon's father didn't like the idea. He wanted for Leeteuk to go on with his usual life.


Seohyun walked along the corridor with a fresh flowers bouquet on her hand. It had become a routine for her to change the flowers in Si Yeon's room once in a while. She believed flowers brought positive energy for everyone. Even though Si Yeon was still in her deep sleep and couldn't see the flowers, at least they brought a smile on Si Yeon's father's face. A smile. It gave Seohyun a peaceful feeling.

Seohyun finally reached the door. Before she opened it, she peered in from the window to see who's inside. Usually, the first and only person she'd see in the room was Si Yeon's father but this time, it was Yunho.

He was sitting on the chair uncomfortably. It wasn't because the chair was uncomfortable, it was because he's worried. His eyes said it all. His hands were holding Si Yeon's hand. Yunho lowered his head as he sighed. Seohyun didn't have the will to enter the room somehow. She just stood there, waiting, watching.

After a while, Yunho stood up, still holding her hand then he leaned in to kiss her forehead. He did it again for several times, like he's telling her that he was sorry, that it was his fault. Seeing it, Seohyun's heart ached. It felt like silently, Yunho was sharing his heart. But then Seohyun shrugged off the thought immediately.

Yunho stood straight and as he let go of her hand slowly, he turned and walked to the door. Seohyun turned away from the door and hid herself. She was surprised. She couldn't understand why she hid from Yunho.

Once Yunho had left, Seohyun entered the room quietly. Her eyes locked on Si Yeon who was sleeping peacefully. Her face was as beautiful as ever. A soft smile was drawn on Seohyun's lips. She took a deep breathe and her smile got even softer. Seohyun put the flowers in the vase on the small table next to Si Yeon's bed and then she looked at her.

"Yunho is yours." Seohyun sat on the chair then she rubbed her fingers against the back of Si Yeon's hand. "Why wouldn't he be? He's never left your side. Even when he's with me, he can't seem to pass one day without thinking about you. He's very worried right now. You were brave. Very brave. For him, you risked your life. I, too, if I were you, I would do the same."

Seohyun sighed quietly. She patted Si Yeon's hand.

"Si Yeon, you really have to wake up soon. Who's going to slap me if you keep sleeping?" Seohyun pursed her lips. Her eyes started to tear. "You're really something, too. Aren't you too much? Being like this to get Yunho's attention. Stop it already. Wake up now..."

Seohyun held her hand tightly as tears ran down her cheeks. "Wake up... I'm worried, too. You usually get angry when I scold you. You should get angry too, now. Wake up..."

 

 

He walked back and forth in the room. He had been uneasy lately. Very uneasy. He was seriously disturbed by the condition. He scratched his head then he growled and threw his fist on the table.

"SERIOUSLY! Why did you have to show up raging like that?" He yelled to the old man who was sitting in front of him.

The old man was quiet. He lowered his face, not even bothering to glance to him. He intertwined his fingers as he took a deep breath. The younger man waited for him to say something but there was nothing. He growled again.

"Really, father. I don't want to yell at you. But really, father, that was the stupidest action you've ever taken!" He yelled. "I've told you, I'd definitely find the culprit. I've told you, I'd get you back into the company again. How can you be so reckless? More than that, you almost killed Si Yeon! Look where you are now, in prison!"

"I just lost my mind." The old man said finally.

"Yes! You obviously did! This could ruin everything."

The old man became silent once again, only for a while before he said, "That woman... I didn't see her running."

"Even if you did, you wouldn't be able to stop yourself." He frowned. "Forget it. You did well. You did." He mocked him.

"You are, too, running to him. You're giving Yunho such a brotherly affection." The old man chuckled silently. He still hadn't lifted his head yet. His gaze was still on his fingers.

"You don't know how well I did." He chuckled sarcastically.

"You did well." The old man smiled. "You must do well. While I'm here, you take all your time and all your opportunities to defend our family's pride."

"Of course. I'm Seo Yoo Jae's only son.” He smirked. “I will defend everything we have. So just behave well here. I'm sorry I can't get you out."

"It's alright.” He inhaled calmly. “Our money... Don't use it for me. You keep it. Make the best out of it."

He simply nodded.

"I know. I'm going now. I have to visit Si Yeon." He bowed slightly then he walked to the door.

"In Gook." Yoo Jae called him and he turned to him. "Take care."

“See you soon, father.” In Gook opened the door and the he left the room.

 

 

 

 


I was actually wanting to keep things mysterious~

But I don't think it's necessary in the future of this story

Please enjoy reading the chapters in the future as I will always do my best to make it interesting^^

THANK YOU<3