Chapter 13

Pandora Box

Now that you guys know who In Gook really is, in this chapter, you will read more about him :)


"Thank you."

"What for?" Seohyun glanced to Leeteuk after she was done with the flowers.

"Taking care of Si Yeon." Leeteuk smiled wearily. "Hasn't she been mean to you? I heard about the slap."

"Such a hot issue, isn't it?" Seohyun chuckled lightly. "It's fine. I don't hate her, anyway."

"I'm glad to hear that. Si Yeon doesn't have many friends. It's good you can probably be her close friend once she wakes up."

"I hope so." Seohyun simply smiled then she gave the flowers to Leeteuk. "Here! Replace the flowers from three days ago with these."

Leeteuk took the bouquet from her hand. "Alright. Take care of the shop today. I'm counting on you."

"No need to worry." Seohyun smiled. "You, too, take care of Si Yeon."

Leeteuk winked playfully at her then he left the shop. Seohyun watched him until he's completely gone then she went to sit down on the sofa near the cashier. She exhaled heavily. It had been almost three weeks and Si Yeon was still unconscious.

Seohyun leaned back, looking up to the ceiling. She felt lonely lately. When Yunho was with her, things were supposed to be joyful. But they weren't like that anymore. They laughed at times but once Yunho got quiet then that's it. He's thinking about Si Yeon again. Of course, Seohyun felt bad if she wanted to have all of his attention. She couldn't do much at the moment.

"Seohyun, are you alright?" Luna stared at her for a while then she sat down next to her.

"Sort of." Seohyun looked at Luna then sighed.

"What's wrong?"

"Actually, nothing. I'm just thinking too much." She chuckled.

"If it's about Yunho and Si Yeon, I think you should take it easy and calmly. You're facing lifetime friends here."

"I know. That's why." She sighed again. "What if Yunho's feeling grows to love Si Yeon more? Will he leave me?"

"If it happens, he will do it now. Because if he does it after Si Yeon is awake, that's feeling guilty. But he hasn't done it yet. So, I don't think he'd leave you."

"You think so?" Seohyun fixed her seat as she tucked her hair behind her ears.

"He looks sincere about you. Does he look sincere towards Si Yeon?" Luna raised her brows.

Seohyun nodded. "He does."

"Then why isn't he with Si Yeon from the beginning?"

"Because they've been friends for too long?"

"Probably." Luna pursed her lips.

"Why isn't he?"

"He just doesn't have it, Seohyun. The heart to love Si Yeon as a woman. That's why they're never together as lovers."

Seohyun stared to the floor. She thought of it and somehow agreed. But something didn't feel right. She wasn't sure how to say it but something just didn't feel right. She bit her lower lip, rubbing her teeth against it. Sure she had been feeling uneasy lately. She thought it was because Yunho seemed to realize something else in his heart. But, no. The uneasiness had grown not only to that.

"I don't know." Seohyun tilted her head. "Let's forget that for now."

"Well, if that's your final decision." Luna nodded slightly then she stood up as she patted Seohyun's shoulder and left.

Seohyun exhaled deeply. She'd try to be calm for now. She only needed to be uneasy about Si Yeon's condition since her relationship with Yunho would probably be normal again as time went by. She hoped so.

Seohyun took a look at the clock.

"Luna, I'll be leaving in two hours."

 

In Gook stood behind the fence. His eyes gazed around, scanning the city from the top of the hospital. He paused for a moment as he enjoyed the view and the silence in his loneliness. Then he pulled out something from his pocket and he chuckled lightly as he took a look at it.

"You think I'll let you hurt your heart so soon, hyung?" His lips curved into an evil grin as he locked his eyes on the picture, a sonogram that once Yunho found in the guest room. "It's not supposed to be done but hell, this is fun."

He lit up the lighter and slowly, he brought the tip of the fire under the sonogram. He watched the fire slowly turning the corner of the sonogram into a black and light orange color.

"Good thing I got you drunk that night, hyung. Either way, you wouldn't have given me this." In Gook chuckled lightly.

As half of the sonogram was burnt, In Gook let go of it and gave it to the wind that brought it away from his sight.

"Hyung, I'm the best brother in the world, aren't I?" He praised himself as he walked away from the fence and went back inside.

In the corridor to Si Yeon's room, In Gook spotted Yunho walking in front of him. He smirked as he paced calmly to Yunho.

"Hyung!" In Gook called cheerfully as he threw his arm around Yunho's neck.

"You're here?" Yunho looked at him in surprise.

"Yeah. I'm here everyday, hyung. Day and night." He smiled.

Yunho didn't answer. He just stared at him, watching his expression. "How can you look so cheerful?"

"Huh?" In Gook's smile faded. He cleared his throat. "Can't I?"

"You!" Yunho's eyes widened.

"Noona likes me cheerful the best. She said I'm cute. That's her first compliment to me."

"That doesn't explain anything."

"What I'm trying to say is that we shouldn't be all gloomy and uh..." He scanned on Yunho for a while. "...lifeless. Who would want to wake up for people like that? We have to still be cheerful and handsome as we are."

"Have I been lifeless?" Yunho raised his eyebrows.

"Yes." In Gook nodded. "Even to Seohyun, you're a complete walking dead."

Yunho froze. The both of them stopped walking. He didn't blink for a split second and it scared In Gook a little. But in his heart, In Gook smiled a sweet victory smile as he realized that Yunho was having Seohyun in his mind.

"Why are we stopping? The door is right there." In Gook grinned awkwardly as he pointed at the door.

"To Seohyun..." Yunho pursed his lips.

"Ah... Hyung, it wasn't a big deal. Seohyun understands you."

"That's the big deal. She understands me more than I want her to. " Yunho frowned as he looked away from In Gook. "I'll be right back."

Yunho released himself from In Gook's arm as he turned around and rushed to the elevator. He scratched the back of his head as he waited. He felt guilty for not realizing sooner that he had acted in the way that could hurt Seohyun's feeling. He frowned again. As the elevator door was opened, Yunho went in right away without noticing that there was someone inside. He bumped into the person, pushing her against the elevator's wall.

"I'm sorry." Yunho looked down to the person. The moment he saw her, he smiled.

"You look like in a rush." Seohyun giggled gently.

"I was running to you." Yunho leaned down and landed his lips on Seohyun's. Then he pulled back. "I was supposed to apologize."

"Why?" Seohyun looked at him then she turned her head to the elevator's door that was closing. "We should get off."

"Wait." Yunho held her hand, preventing her from getting off. "I hurt you again, didn't I?"

The elevator's door finally closed completely and it went to the lower floor.

He gazed into her eyes. He was feeling uneasy before but then he heard Seohyun let out a soft laugh and smiled to him. He couldn't help his heart to feel even more uneasy. There's always something behind a girl's smile.

"No, you didn't." She smiled gently even though she was a little hurt but then again, she kept telling herself not to complain.

He sighed deeply. "Honestly?"

"Mm-hm." Seohyun's lips curved into a wider smile. "You know I will always tell you everything truthfully."

Yunho chuckled lightly. "Yeah, I do."

"Let's go back up." Seohyun smiled then she pressed on the button with number four on it.

Yunho intertwined his fingers with hers as they stood in the centre and they waited for the elevator to go back up. He glanced slightly to Seohyun. She was watching the digital number on the small screen above the row of the buttons. Her face didn't show anything else but a soft smile that was always there. Her eyes, too, were lively. Yet Yunho still didn't feel good. He turned his head to the front then he sighed quietly. He couldn't get himself to ask more.

Soon, they reached the fourth floor. Both of them got off and went to Si Yeon's room. In the room, there were Leeteuk, In Gook, and of course, Si Yeon's father. Seohyun bowed politely to him then she went closer to Si Yeon's bed with Yunho. In Gook, who was always next to the bed, scooted a little to give both of them a space to come closer.

Seohyun held Si Yeon's hand and brushed her thumb gently on the back of Si Yeon's hand.

"Thank you for the flowers, Seohyun." Dae Jin smiled to her.

"No problem, Uncle." Seohyun smiled back to him but her smile faded slowly as she noticed how tired Dae Jin's eyes were. He didn't get much sleep since he was always waiting for the moment Si Yeon would wake up.

"You can take a rest now, Uncle. We'll watch over her." In Gook walked to the sofa where Dae Jin used to sleep and he fixed the sheet for him.

"Alright then." He nodded as he stood up from the chair. "Thank you for being here everyday, In Gook." He added as he laid down on the sofa.

"I don't have any reason not to be here." In Gook smiled then he walked away from the sofa.

"How long has it been?" Leeteuk asked. His eyes were on Si Yeon, watching her.

"Almost three weeks." Seohyun answered.

"I wonder if she'll wake up." He sighed deeply.

"She will. Noona will definitely wake up." In Gook told them calmly. "We have to believe so."

None of them were talking then. They just kept watching Si Yeon sleeping peacefully. Too peaceful for her to even bother to wake up. Even though so, the doctor was sure that she would wake up one day. But no one knew when exactly.

 

"How is Si Yeon?" Yoo Jae looked at In Gook, watching him walking back and forth.

"She's still not waking up." In Gook bit on his thumb, thinking. "I'm having a hard time right now."

"What's wrong?"

"I've been going around in the company but I couldn't find anything." He sighed. "I assume I could find some information in the President's office but it's not easy."

"Have you been a good son to President Jung?"

"Yes, I have. He even bought me a car." He sighed again, deeply this time. "But like what I've said, it's not easy. He's not giving me the space to move around further in his office. He never leaves the office unlock whenever he has to go out."

"Well..."

In Gook stopped to look at his father. His face was calm but In Gook knew he's about to tell him something vicious. In Gook sat down on the chair and he gave him a sign to start talking.

"You have to make him give Yunho the authority to access his office. You should be comfortable enough with only him in there, right? Therefore, President Jung has to not be able to go to the office." Said Yoo Jae.

In Gook understood right away. "What are you suggesting then?"

"Come closer." Yoo Jae leaned in to In Gook and In Gook did the same towards him.

He whispered something. In Gook listened carefully and nodded to let Yoo Jae know he understood. After Yoo Jae finished his words, he pulled back and sat back on his chair.

"I'm counting on you, son." Yoo Jae threw him a fatherly smile. "We're already accused of being criminals. So let's be real. This should be easy."

"I'll just have to do what you say." In Gook took a deep breath and let it out calmly. "Well, I'd better leave now. I'll see you soon, father."

In Gook stood up then he left the room. He rubbed the back of his neck and sighed. He wanted his father to be freed as soon as possible but the process to it was long and tiring for him. He hated seeing his father being deceived by others. It brought back bitter memories of his mother whom he had always hated for abandoning the family without any reason. Ever since, his father worked as hard as he could for In Gook's life. Now it's his turn to pay his father back.

"What are you doing here?"

In Gook looked up and stopped in surprise when he saw Yunho was standing in front of him. In Gook got himself together quickly before doing something suspicious. He put his hand into his pocket and looked back at Yunho calmly.

"Hyung..." He said carefully.

Yunho's face was hard to read but he shouldn't be scared by it.

"What are you doing here?" Yunho asked again.

"I was visiting Mr. Yoo Jae." He said calmly.

"Why?" His tone was sharp. In Gook was slightly startled but he held it in.

In Gook cleared his throat, leading his mind to focus on being the Seo In Gook of Jung family.

"I couldn't get myself at ease, hyung." In Gook pursed his lips. "Like you, beating him up after he hit noona, I want to do that too."

"So... Did you do it?" Yunho raised his eyebrows even though he's not falling for his words.

In Gook chuckled. "Of course not. I didn't beat him up. I asked him questions instead." His eyes wandered to directions before stopping at Yunho. "What's wrong with you... Why did you do it... Stuff like that, hyung. How about you? What are you doing here?"

"I saw you silently leaving the hospital so I followed you to make sure you're not going somewhere irresponsibly. But then I saw you coming here, I got even more terrified." Yunho chuckled in disbelief.

"I'm about to go back though. Besides, Mr. Yoo Jae's answers displeased me. I should've stayed at the hospital." He smiled. "Let's go, hyung. I miss noona already."

 

01.45 A.M.

In Gook knocked the door of room number 113. The wooden door was pretty old, probably as old as the building itself. He felt a cold breeze brushing his spine and he shivered. So he pulled up his jacket's zipper up to his neck, burying himself in it.

The hallway was quite dark for there was only one lamp that worked perfectly while the others barely lit. He was usually brave but the building had its own horror for him. He just hoped the owner of room 113 was a human and would open the door quickly.

In Gook knocked again. There was still no answer. He sighed deeply, trying his best not to bother looking to his sides whether there was a person or a non person, he couldn't care.

"Baek Won Young!" In Gook called out carefully as he knocked again.

No answer.

"Aish..." In Gook gulped nervously.

When he was about to knock again, the door opened slowly. Just like in the horror movie. In Gook backed away from the door. At first, it was pitch black behind it then before the room got any brighter, - because it didn't seem to have a lamp on - a man appeared in front of him.

In Gook was completely startled by the man's appearance. He was hoping that his father would tell him to go to a neat or at least a normal looking person, not to a person who looked as old and rotten as the apartment room's door.

"Who are you and what do you want?" Asked Won Young directly. His voice was more to mumbling than speaking but In Gook didn't have any problem catching it since in a dread place like that, even the sound of him catching his breath was loud already.

"I-I'm In Gook. S-Seo In Gook." He stuttered. Won Young seemed to scare him more than a ghost could.

"Seo?" Won Young raised an eyebrow. "Don't tell me you're Seo Yoo Jae's son."

In Gook nodded quickly. "My fa  ther told me to pick up the...uh-...viper?"

"The viper, eh?" He scratched his head. "Does he want to kill your mama?"

"What?" In Gook looked at him confusedly.

He chuckled. "Nah. I'm just kidding. Your mama is safe. I'll get it for you. Just wait here."

Won Young went back into his room.

In Gook took a deep breath as he leaned his back against the wall. He actually didn't know what 'the viper' was. His father just told him to get the thing and In Gook would know what to do.

After a while, Won Young was back with a black small bag in his hand and then he threw it to In Gook who caught it immediately.

"There's your viper. Use it carefully. Now leave." He said then he shut the door before In Gook could respond.

In Gook stayed there for a moment to open the small bag. He took out the viper carefully.

"Huh?" He held it up close in front of him. It was something like a perfume - since it was in a small perfume box-. But then he decided to sniff it and he put it back in the box in shock.

He was lucky to notice the small label that said chloroform right away. And yes, now In Gook understood what to do next.

 

 


- Next Chapter in the progress -

- Kindly check out my blog post -

- Please don't bach there *scared author* -