Shoulder to Lean On

Secretly Married
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A week had passed. Me and Dahyun became more closer. We always text each other. But recently, I noticed that it took her a long time to reply to my texts.

And I just remembered that she told me that she will be busy after this week.

I wonder why.

I should have asked about it though.

"Guys, look! JYP will form a new girl group!"

That's Jin hyung.

Everyone gather up in front of the TV, except me.

I rolled my eyes and just stared at my phone. I'm actually waiting for Dahyun's reply.

I texted her this morning and it's already 6 in the evening and still there's no reply from her.

"The two remaining trainees are Park Jihyo and Kim Dahyun. Who will be on the minor team and who will be on the major team?"

Wait what?

Did I just heard Dahyun's name?

Nah. That's impossible.

Still not looking at the TV screen, I decided to just look at my phone gallery. A smile formed on my lips as I stared at Dahyun's hilarious selcas.

Seriously this girl is driving me crazy.

One minute, she'll kill me with her cuteness and aegyo and the next one, she'll kill me from too much laughing at her jokes and hilarious facial expressions.

This girl is a human meme.

I saw a decent selca of her and decided to use it as my phone wallpaper. I can't help but admire her beauty. She looks simple yet very attractive.

"The one who will be on the major team is... KIM DAHYUN."

Again, I heard her name. And this time, I finally looked at the TV screen.

I dropped my phone on the floor and my eyed widened as I saw the clear face of my fiancee on the TV screen.

"Jungkook, you okay?" I heard Suga hyung asked me.

Am I? Am I okay?

Then I heard Taehyung gasped.

Oh right. He's the only one who knows about Dahyun and our relationship.

"Okay seriously, what's going on?" Namjoon hyung asked. He knows that I won't utter a word so he looked at Taehyung, or more like glared at him. "Taehyung, spill it out."

Taehyung gulped and shakily pointed at the TV screen where Dahyun's face is still clearly shown. "T-That girl is... S-She is..."

"I don't know her." I angrily said as I get up from the sofa and went to Taehyung and I's shared room, slamming the door shut.

So this is what she meant when she told me that she will be busy.

Why? Why does it have to be like this? Why does it have to be her? Why does it have to be JYP Entertainment?

I know you're all wondering why I'm being like this. It's because I feel bitter to all JYP artists and trainees.

JYP Entertainment is my dream agency.

But my dream got shattered when I got rejected during auditions.

I tried to audition for 5 times but still they won't accept me. Saying that I still lack a lot of things.

I clenched my fist as I remember all the harsh words the panel told me during my auditions.

And because of that, I grew to despised JYP Entertainment, including the artists under them and most especially the trainees they accepted.

I can't help but feel betrayed knowing that my fiancee, the girl that I like... is a JYP trainee and now is competing to be on JYP's new girl group.

---

Another week had passed.

Another week of avoiding Kim Dahyun.

She has been texting me since SIXTEEN aired. And I have been ignoring them all ever since.

She called me last night. But I rejected her call and turned off my phone.

I know this my sound childish, but you can't blame me.

I have reasons why I'm acting like this.

Reasons that I don't care who the hell will understand me.

I sighed for the nth time. We're inside the van, on the way to Mnet building. We're invited by M-countdown to have a special stage.

We practice the song and dance for a whole week which helped me to divert my attention away from Dahyun.

As we reached the building, I told our manager that I will go to the comfort room first.

As I made my way to the comfort room, I heard someone crying.

I stopped for a moment to make sure I heard it clearly. Then I decided to follow the sound where it came from.

It's near the comfort room.

I slowly walked my way there but hide quickly when I saw two female figures rushing to get inside the comfort room.

"Dahyun! Are you okay?"

"She's crying again. Jungyeon, what should we do?"

"I don't know. She has been feeling down since last week."

"She's not eating properly, heck, I think she doesn't have any decent sleep!"

"Dahyun! Please come out. We're getting worried."

I was left speechless. They're talking about the same girl, right? They're talking about my Dahyun, right?

I was contemplating if I should show up and forcefully open that door and get Dahyun out, but that will be a reckless move.

All of us will get in trouble if we're caught talking or being together.

I sighed and frustratingly run my hand through my hair.

I shouldn't have ignored her texts and calls.

I'm so selfish. I'm only thinking about myself, I didn't even ask if she is doing fine.

You're an idiot, Jeon Jungkook!

Suddenly the door slowly opened, revealing a wrecked Dahyun.

From the spot where I'm hiding, I can see the side of her face. She lost a lot of weight and I can see her skin getting more paler and the dark shade under her eyes are so visible.

She sniffed a little and forced a smile. "I'm fine. Sorry for making you two worry."

"Stop lying!"

I think that girl is Jungyeon.

"Dahyun, it's obvious that you're not okay. Just tell us what's wrong, hmm?"

"N-Nayeon unnie... I-I'm fine..." Dahyun said as she started to tear up.

This is my first time to hear and see her crying. And I don't like the sight that I'm seeing. It really hurts to see the person you like the most crying and what's worse is that you don't know what to do to cheer her up.

"I said stop lying, Kim Dahyun." Jungyeon said again with a worried tone.

"Just tell us what's wrong." The girl named Nayeon said.

Dahyun bitterly smiled. "I-I just got ignored by s-someone... s-someone that I l-like the most... I'm actually h-having a hard time r-right now... e-especially with my p-parents... you know very well that they d-don't support the idea of me being an i-idol... and now... the only p-person that I'm y-yearning to c-cheer me up is... is ignoring me..." she started to sob. "It just hurts... I-I don't know why h-he's ignoring me... "

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter