Eggnogs?

Between the Lines

“Listen to me kid. It’s very unusual for me to impart my wisdom. This is a one time thing.” Yuri said as her hand stopped Seulgi who was about to open the box that’s on the living room table to take a bite of the brownies that Wendy baked earlier.


“Okay I am listening.” Seulgi her lips as her stomach growled, why do these unnies always visit when she’s hungry, she couldn’t understand.


“Two rules kid, one, never kick your own member out.” Seulgi almost snorted at that one, “Right. Okay unnie.” Yuri squished Seulgi’s cheeks and yelled: “Are you even listening to me?!” to which Seulgi replied with fast nods but her eyes are still on the box.


“The second one would be never to fall in love with your own member.” As soon as Yuri was done with her sentence, Irene sauntered off from her room wearing very short shorts with tight tank top leaving both Yuri and Seulgi gaping as their eyes never leaving the sight of Irene walking towards the kitchen.

Yuri then awkwardly coughs and said: “So, where was I again?”

“The part where you told me not to fall in love with my fellow member.” Seulgi deadpans eyes on the kitchen area.

“Right, that, hahaha let’s go to the kitchen now.”

Yuri leads the way and not noticing that Seulgi already consumed a brownie on the way to the kitchen.

 

*

 

“The rascals are here.” Yoona whispered at Wendy as they were both busy besting each other in an impromptu eggnog contest. Wendy panicked when she saw Seulgi already eating the brownies she had done earlier.

“Yuri unnie, I told you not to let Seulgi eat what’s on the box, those are just for you and Sooyoung unnie!”

“Huh?! “ Yuri turns around and almost choke Seulgi who immediately finishes the brownies and quickly downed it with water.

Irene just smiles and quietly helps Yoona preparing the eggnogs.


*

The living room is now silent, Joy crept out from her room, sat on the living room couch and turns on the TV. She notices the half opened box at the table and smelled the food, she immediately ate the brownies as she continues surfing the channels. Getting bored, she ditches the TV and returns to her room when it hits her that she should start putting the candles on the floor and begin the ritual.

*

“What’s wrong with the brownies? They don’t taste that bad.” Seulgi frowns as she pulls away from Yuri’s grip on her. Yuri just scratches her head and sighs in frustration: “You’re right kid, they’re not stale, but let me know if you feel odd.”

“Why would I feel odd?” Seulgi eyed the eggnog cookies that are freshly baked and started stuffing them in . Wendy looks at her worriedly while Yuri’s full attention is on Yoona now.

 “Yuri unnie, why would I feel odd?” Seulgi munches the eggnogs noisily as she notices Yuri making heart eyes towards Yoona but the latter is oblivious at Yuri’s acts as she’s busy making eggnogs with Irene.

“Wendy please make some more of those brownies, they are so good. I feel like crying.” Seulgi said dramatically.

“Enough. You’ve eaten enough.” Irene gazes at Seulgi and Seulgi felt like Irene’s lips moved in slow motion and damn her if it doesn’t make Irene even more attractive, not that she wasn’t attractive before, but now she’s extra attractive and what the hell, is she even making sense anymore. Irene bats her eyes before glaring but Seulgi thinks it’s the prettiest thing she’s seen in her entire life.

 

Holy . Irene is Jesus.  

 

With this new revelation, Seulgi went to fetch three cans of Pringles and goes to her room, still eyeing Irene who’s now weirded out by her behavior. Seulgi knocks on Joy’s door but the girl won’t answer so she chose to go to Irene’s room.

 

*


An hour later, they all turned their heads when they heard some noises coming from Irene’s room.

“Irene unnie you should go check up on Seulgi.” Wendy nudges the older girl as the latter just whined: “Why are you ordering me around? I am the unnie here.”

“We are still not done baking.” Yoona chuckles as her competitive side kicked in bringing Wendy to focus more on making quick batches of eggnogs.

 

“Do you need some help Yoong?” Yuri interrupted.

“Nah, it’s cool.” Yoona smiled.

 

Then came another half an hour of awkward silence.

 

“I’ll go check up on Seulgi, you stay here.” Yuri told Irene as she’s feeling rejected.  She immediately notices the almost empty box at the living room and yelled at Irene: “Irene did you ate the brownies?!”

“I am here in the kitchen, how am I supposed to eat that?”
 

Yuri immediately dashed to Irene’s room and found Seulgi with headphones on and wearing a dopey grin on her face with two empty cans of Pringles as she’s devouring the third one.   


“, Seulgi are you okay?” Yuri pokes Seulgi as the latter just grins cheekily, removes the headphones and speaks slowly: “All is good.” Causing some Pringles’ crumbs to fall into bed and Yuri wonders who will clean this mess up later.


“Huh, do you feel anything odd?” Yuri sat on a chair facing Seulgi who’s now lying in bed: “Irene’s bed is so so so soft. “


“Do you like Irene?” Yuri chews her bottom lip as she asked.

“Do you like Yoona unnie? I saw you earlier, like, you could pass off as the heart eyes emoji long lost twin when you stare at her.” Seulgi grins again.

“It’s not that…”
“And you advised me not to fall for a fellow member.”
“Yah!”

 

Some loud cheers from the kitchen can be heard and Seulgi immediately stood up and ran out of the room, as Yuri was left alone in the room: “Is there an emergency? Is Irene hurt? We gotta dial 911?”

Irene frowns as she looks at Seulgi who’s all giggly while asking the question and right now is again eyeing the bunch of freshly baked eggnogs that Yoona and Wendy are counting fast like they were gold coins, and immediately wolfs them down, Okay, edible gold coins.

“Seulgi! Stop! We are on a contest on who baked the most amounts of eggnogs!” Yoona wailed as she watch Seulgi devour both her and Wendy’s shares.

 

“I’m not sorry. Even my feet feel numb right now. I’m hungry. These are magical!”  Seulgi chews even more annoying Irene to the extreme as she retreats to her room.

 

“Yuri for ’s sake you are already 25! You must not pin heart shaped Pringles at my bedroom door!!” Irene yells.

 

“What? I was just sitting down here! It wasn’t me! It was Seulgi! Ohmygod!”

 

***
Sort of p
rologue to this