Limited Edition

Between the Lines

Seulgi began to be suspicious of Joohyun as the latter has been spending three consecutive nights sleeping in the same bed with her. No fooling around, no making out and definitely no ing, just literally sleeping together.

Every night, at exactly 9pm, Joohyun would knock at her door and immediately begins to fix the bed much to Seulgi's disappointment because a) she's not the type that sleeps early but it will be a shame to wake Joohyun up when she sleeps late and b) Joohyun smells really nice that she is resisting the temptation to snuggle up with her everytime they sleep and c) Joohyun sleeps in weird positions plus Joohyun snores, very loudly.

Right now, Joohyun is in her pink pyjamas as she smiles timidly at Seulgi and pats the empty space next to her and Seulgi just awkwardly complied. Oh yeah and even though the bed is really small for two people, Seulgi has never been glad that Joohyun is really tiny.

 

Joohyun is now facing her as she whispered: "Thanks for letting me sleep with you, Seulgi."

"No problem."

"But the airconditioning is too cold, can we-"

"Unnie, I can't sleep in a humid temperature..." Seulgi almost whined at Joohyun.

"Okay."

"Okay?"

"Okay."

 

After about 20 minutes of silence, Seulgi turned to Joohyun's side expecting the girl to be fully asleep but found her bundled up in her blanket and is still staring at Seulgi.

 

"Seulgi..."

"Yes?"

 

"If we can't turn down the airconditioning, can I.. can I hug you instead?"

"Of course."

 

Seulgi woke up the next morning with Joohyun still hugging her tightly.

 

Seulgi googled if it's possible to worship an aircon that afternoon.

 

x

 

Their spooning routine went on until that damned 7th night when Joohyun shouted: "Seulgi! Did you changed your comforters?"

 

"Yes, I did earlier." Seulgi entered her room looking confused.

 

"Why?"

"Why? It needs to be cleaned?"

"Why??!"

"Why? What's the matter?"

 

"See I've laundered it with the last batch of that limited edition fabric conditioner and the stores won't be stocking it until next month." Joohyun looking like a kicked puppy said while she's sitting in Seulgi's bed.

 

"Oh." Seulgi looks disappointed too.

 

"Oh so that's why you've been sleeping here this week... (goodbye spooning nights...)" Seulgi muttered to herself.

 

"What was that?"

 

"Nothing." Seulgi then dialed a number and went out of the room leaving Joohyun to sulk alone in Seulgi's room.

 

Before dinner, a series of knocks echoed in their dorm and Joohyun hurriedly answered the door.

"Hello."

"Oh what brought you here Unnie?! Hello!" Joohyun bowed and welcomes their visitor.

"See that silly kid asked me some favor and-"

"Taeyeon unnie! You came!" Seulgi smiled widely and bowed.

 

"Yes, well how can I refuse your request. Hehehe!" Taeyeon lets out her ahjumma laugh and handed Seulgi a huge plastic bag.

"What's that?" Joohyun tries to peek at the bag.

"It's for you." Taeyeon smiled.

Seulgi then handed the bag to Joohyun and the latter almost hops from excitement.

 

"The limited edition fabric conditioner! Thanks Unnie!" Joohyun almost choked Taeyeon into a hug and the latter just awkwardly patted Joohyun's .

 

Seulgi coughs a bit too loudly at the contact and Taeyeon grinned sheepishly and stopped.

 

"Alright I better get going! I am a very busy person see, ah, doing Downy home delivery should be a sideline!"

 

"Really, thank you Unnie." Seulgi smiled warmly at Taeyeon.

"Are you two dating?" Taeyeon whispered.

"No."

 

"Not yet? Damn."

 

"I can hear you both, you know." Joohyun said while smelling the bag that Taeyeon gave.

 

"." Seulgi panicked.

 

"Ohohohoh BYEEE! I gotta go!" Taeyeon immediately tiptoed like a ninja and closed the door.

 

 

That night, it was a surprise for Seulgi to see Joohyun entered the room by 9pm just like the usual.

 

"Why are you here?" Seulgi asks when they were already lying in her bed.

"The other bed felt empty without you..."

 

x

 

3 months later.

 

"I said I've already searched online for that limited edition fabric conditioner and yes I already placed an order so you won't sulk anymore." Seulgi huffs in frustration.

"Is that possible?" Joohyun stared at Seulgi like she just performed a miracle.

 

"Yeah, it'll ship in a day."

 

"Alright, and we need to buy new comforters too for the rest."

"Okay."

“Okay?”

“Okay.”