Invitation

Unexpected

I didn’t go back to the dorms that night. I began dozing off in Hojeong’s arms on the couch and he carried me up to his room, where I felt him gently place me on his bed. I heard him call Choa and tell her I was okay before I fully fell asleep. The next morning, I woke up to find Hojeong next to me, wearing a t-shirt and sweatpants, the blanket covering mostly me. Hojeong woke up right after me.

“Morning Joo. You look like a mess,” he laughed. I felt my messy hair and laughed as well.

“Morning. I could say the same for you too Jeong,” I pointed at his hair, which was sticking out in random directions. He got out of bed and helped me out, showing me towards the bathroom.

“Go take a shower. I promise I’ll guard the door for you so the hyungs don’t try to open it while you’re in there.”

“Thanks Jeong,” I said as I stepped into the bathroom. I the shower and stepped in. After a few minutes, I could hear Hojeong’s voice from the other side.

“HYUNG GO AWAY!”

I laughed silently as I finished up and stepped out, only then realizing that I had no clothes to change into. I quickly dried my hair and wrapped a towel around my body. I opened the door a tiny bit. Hojeong stood up and looked at me through the crack.

“Jeong, I don’t have anything to change into and we’re gonna be late…” I began to explain awkwardly.

“Um…” he looked around. Then he took off the white shirt he was wearing, leaving him shirtless, and handed it to me. “Since we’re running out of time, just put that on for now and I’ll find you Taehyun or Sungwoon’s old leggings for you, hopefully they’ll fit…”

He took off running into his hyung’s rooms. I closed the bathroom door and out on the shirt, which reached down to my mid-thigh. I stepped out of the bathroom and went back to Hojeong’s room and sat down on the bed. He arrived a minute later, still shirtless, clutching a pair of black leggings.

“Here Joo, these should fit, good thing Sungwoon saved them…” he handed me the leggings and stepped outside, closing the door behind him. I put on the leggings, which surprisingly fit me, and opened the door. He looked up from his phone. I saw his abs and began to turn red, covering my eyes and turning away.

“What’s wrong Joo? Oh… sorry” he took my shoulders and gently guided me away from the doorway. I heard him enter his room and close the door. I uncovered my eyes and waited. A minute later, he emerged from his room, wearing another white shirt. He tucked his phone into his pocket.

“Alright, we should run to class. Good thing you have your shoes still,” he told me as he began to lace up a pair of sneakers. When he was finished, we began to run. We just made it when the bell rang. I saw Seungyoon already there, his bag and my bag in his lap, along with my sketchpad. I sat down next to him, Hojeong on my other side. Seungyoon silently handed me my bag and sketchpad. I put it into my bag and listened to the lecture, not in the mood to take notes. I glanced over at Seungyoon, who was writing down stuff the professor said. After the lecture, Seungyoon took my hand and handed me his notebook.

“Here.”

“What’s this for?” I took the notebook anyway.

“You weren’t taking notes. I don’t want you to fail class. Your drawings show how much it means to you.”

“Oh… thanks Seungyoon,” I gave him a hug and he left. I returned to the classroom. Taking out my sketchpad, I flipped to the last drawing I had done under the tree. Well, I thought it was my last drawing. I saw a faint outline of a drawing on the next page and turned to it. It was a sketch of a model that looked similar to me. She was wearing a cheerleader type of outfit. The white shirt was short and asymmetrical and the skirt was red and knife pleated, with a white stipe around the hem. I saw Seungyoon’s signature at the bottom right hand corner. I turned the page and caught a glimpse of an elegant long dress before I saw the teacher come in. I set the book away and took out a pen and paper, feeling happier. Gunwoo sat down next to me.

“You look happy today. Why is that?” he asked me as he poked my cheek.

“No reason,” I replied as I poked him back. We settled down as the teacher dimmed the lights and began a slideshow. I copied down the bullet-points as Gunwoo sat there relaxed, putting his feet up on the chair in front of us. I kicked at his leg and he winced as he lowered it down. When the teacher brightened the lights again and left, I took out the sketchbook again to continue looking at the drawings the WIN members had made. Gunwoo leaned over.

“You wanna see mines?” he flipped to a page and I saw the long dress I had seen just before the lecture. Hojeong leaned over as well.

“I’ll admit it, it’s pretty nice,” he said. We looked down at it. It was a snowy white color. The long skirt part had a high slit part on the right leg and the top was split sleeve.

“My masterpiece,” Gunwoo said proudly. He pointed to the right bottom corner, where we saw his signature. He glanced at his phone. “I gotta get to class. See ya later.”

He stood up, grabbed his bag, and ruffled my hair before leaving and being replaced by Rokhyun. He sat down next to me as the teacher passed out a worksheet. I finished it quickly and turned it in. I sat back down and went to the next drawing, which was Rokhyun’s. It was a navy blue tunic, knee-length dress, paired up with wedge heels.

“Nice drawing,” I showed him his drawing. He shrugged.

“We were bored.”

He turned in his worksheet to the teacher as she walked by. When she left, he turned to me. He looked at the shirt I was wearing.

“Where’d you get your outfit?”

“Oh… I stayed at Hojeong’s place last night and I had nothing to wear this morning so…” I awkwardly trailed off. Choa turned to me.

“Isn’t that Hojeong’s shirt?” she asked me, looking at my back.

“How’d you know?”

“His last name is on the back, I’m surprised you didn’t notice.”

“We were in a rush…” Hojeong tried explaining.

“Just wait until Seungyoon hears about this?” Rokhyun grinned devilishly at me. I began to panic and shook my head, clinging onto him.

“Please don’t,” I pleaded.

“I was just joking, you can let go now,” he winced. I relaxed my grip and then let go, sighing.

“Don’t scare me like that!” I hit him on his arm as he laughed.

“Your reactions are cute though,” he teased me. The bell rang and he picked up his bag. “Bye guys.”

He walked out of the door. A few minutes later, Siwoo came in and sat down. He took out his phone and began texting someone.

“You’re not texting them about me are you?” I asked him. He looked at me then back down.

“No.”

I sighed and tapped my pen around. Just one more class then long break time… I continued looking through WIN’s drawings. I stopped at Siwoo’s. It was a deep red bouffant style with a halter neck dress. It was simple yet elegant at the same time.

“Wow, Siwoo, this is really pretty!” I told him. He looked over and saw what I was talking about and I saw a faint blush on his cheeks.

“Thanks,” he muttered. I beamed and leaned closer. He leaned away, not meeting my eyes.

“Joo!” I heard Hojeong call me. I turned to him.

“Sup?”

“Did you wanna go back to the dorms during break? Just so that way…” he looked at the shirt I was wearing.

“Oh! Sure, why not?”

We reviewed yesterday’s lesson in class. When we finished the lesson and he bell rang, Hojeong and I stood up. Siwoo left first and we followed him out. Hojeong took me up to my dorm room floor. When we exited the elevator, Seungyoon was sitting right outside my dorm room door. He stood up and rushed over to me, giving me a hug before stepping back, glowering at Hojeong’s shirt that I was wearing.

“Rokhyun texted me about something that really irked me…” he began advancing towards me and Hojeong and we both started backing away. Ugh I should’ve known Rokhyun would’ve done it either way! Hojeong’s phone suddenly began to ring.

“Just bring the shirt back round my place when you’re done okay Joo? I’ll catch you next period!” he said as the elevator door opened and some people exited as he went in and the doors closed. Seungyoon waited until the people went into their rooms before continuing his advances on me. I backed away until I bumped into my door. Then he stopped. I quickly turned around and unlocked the door, pulling Seungyoon in with me. He began to look through my closet as I sat on the bed and began to explain what had happened since yesterday. When I got to the part where I found Hojeong asleep next to me this morning, he stuck his head out of my closet.

“HE WAS NEXT TO YOU?” he yelled.

“Well, he didn’t do anything!” I began to yell back.

“AND YOU’RE WEARNG HIS CLOTHES RIGHT NOW!” he argued back.

“BECAUSE WE’RE NOTHING MORE THAN FRIENDS AND HE WAS HELPING ME!” I began to feel frustrated and tears welled up in my eyes like they usually did whenever I got mad because I rarely got mad at people, blurring my vision. Seungyoon’s face immediately softened and he came over to me, wrapping me into a comforting hug, apologizing as my tears started flowing.

“I’m sorry Hyo, I really am, I didn’t mean to yell at you…” he said over and over. The door opened and Daesung and Rokhyun came in. They stopped when they saw me crying but rushed over. Daesung pulled Seungyoon away and Rokhyun took his place in the hug, talking over each other.

“We heard yelling—”

“We had a feeling it was Yoon—”

“So we came in here—”

“Why am I not surprised?”

“No, it was just over a misunderstanding—” Seungyoon tried explaining as Daesung guarded me from him. I quickly rubbed my tears off and got out of Rokhyun’s hug, going over to Seungyoon and clinging onto him.

“He’s right, it was all a misunderstanding.”

Daesung and Rokhyun looked at us suspiciously. I looked at them. “Really!”

Daesung sighed. “If you say so…”

Rokhyun didn’t looked convinced. “You didn’t brainwash her did you Yoon?”

Daesung smacked him on his head. “Don’t be ridiculous.”

I laughed, which led to everyone laughing. Daesung saw my closet door opened.

“Were you trying to find a new outfit or something?” he asked. I walked over to it and pulled out a random dress.

“I’ll be right back,” I stepped into the bathroom and locked the door. I looked at the dress I had picked out. It was a light purple dress flutter sleeves. I put it on and stepped out, where the boys were looking at photos of my family.

“Who’s this Hyo?” Seungyoon pointed to Hyunseong. “Ex?”

“No! He’s Hyunseong, my brother…” I said as my phone rung. Speak of the devil… I answered my phone. “Oppa!”

“Joo, get your phone away from your ear, you’re on video chat,” he began to laugh. I laughed as I brought the phone away from my ear and held it up, seeing my brother’s face. Seungyoon wrapped his arm around my shoulders as we looked into the phone together.

“Who’s this?” Hyunseong asked.

“Uh… we’re just…” I didn’t know how to start.

“I’m Hyojoo’s boyfriend, it’s nice to meet you,” Seungyoon said. I looked up at him, panicked.

“Really? Well, I can’t talk for long, I just wanted to say that I’m coming over soon to visit Joo,” Hyunseong said.

“Ah, really?”

“Yeah, I might buy a house so we can stay together in as well.”

“Ok, I’ll see you soon oppa. Bye!” I quickly hung up the phone and looked up at Seungyoon. I started to speak but he cut me off.

“Why don’t you call me oppa?” he asked.

“Because…” I really didn’t have a reason.

“Start calling me oppa from now on okay?”

“Um, sure?” I said. We could hear the bell signal for the last 5 minutes of break.

“We should leave Hyojoo,” Daesung said. I had forgotten that we had the last class together. We left the dorm first. We got to class and sat down. Daesung slid me an invitation.

“This Saturday, so it’s tomorrow, it’s a formal dinner, be there okay?”

“Ah, sure…” I put the invitation in my bag. Then after the lesson, Choa and Hojeong came up to me.

“Let’s go grab something to eat!” Choa grabbed my arm and she dragged us off to a nearby coffee shop. We ordered a snack and as we waited, I filled Choa and Hojeong in on what had happened during break earlier.

“So what should I wear tomorrow?” I picked the invitation out of my bag and read through it. Choa took it out of my hands. Her eyes went wide.

“Hyo, you better dress your best! This dinner’s gonna be at the Kang mansion!” she exclaimed.

“Is that a good or bad thing?” I was a bit scared at her reaction.

“Not a lot of people have been there, only certain people get to go. Since he’s a part of WIN, of course the WIN members have been there a lot. I heard it’s amazingly huge, bigger than a castle!”

“So do I have to wear like a ball gown or something?” I joked.

“Well it is a formal…” Choa said. Then her eyes focused on something behind me. Before I could turn around, a pair of hands covered my eyes, making me stiffen up.

“Seungyoon?” I asked hesitantly.

“Who are you?” I heard Hojeong ask the mysterious person.

“Surprise!” the hands let go and I turned to see Hyunseong behind me, smiling widely.

“Oppa!” I jumped out of my seat and gave him a hug. He dragged a chair from another table and sat down next to me. “Hojeong, Choa, this is Hyunseong, my brother. Oppa, this is Hojeong, I met him on the plane, and Choa’s my roommate and classmate.”

They all shook hands and our orders arrived. As I split my muffin with my brother, I asked, “How’d you find me here?”

“I was going to the dorms to surprise you but I was a bit hungry after the plane trip so I decided to stop by here before heading there. And look who I ran into!” he bit into the muffin. Talking with his mouth full, he continued. “Mom and dad let me use their money to buy us a house here. It’s small but it’s just the two of us so it’s fine.”

“Really?” I was shocked.

“You’ve already been here for two days and you’re leaving the dorms already!” Choa clung onto me as we laughed.

“You can always visit,” I patted her head.

“It’s not that far from here actually, only a few miles away from this place,” Hyunseong said. “I’ve already dropped off my stuff, you can repack everything and we can drop it off later.”

“My butler can drive it there for you, it’s fine,” Hojeong interrupted. Hyunseong looked at him before shrugging.

“We’ll help you get packed up,” Choa offered. We finished our snacks and left the shop. We headed to the dorms, where we began to pack everything I had back into the suitcases. Hojeong called for his butler to come. After we had packed everything, we brought it downstairs, where the limo was waiting for us. We loaded everything into it and he took off after Hyunseong gave him the address. When the limo disappeared out of sight, we walked back to Hojeong’s place, where Choa and Hyunseong gawked at it before stepping into the house. Yoonsan greeted everyone and gave me a hug as we sat down in the living room. After a few more minutes, everyone had gathered in the room.  I began to tell them about the formal dinner I was going to tomorrow.

“But I don’t really know what to wear to a formal dinner and I doubt I’ll have any nice dresses for it…” I explained my problem.

Sungwoon stood up suddenly and looked out the window. “It’s still light out. Let’s go shopping!”

“Huh?” I was confused, but Hojeong’s brothers began to get excited.

“We can go to that one mall!”

“Oh yeah they got plenty of dresses!”

They began to file out of the room. Hojeong stood up, taking me along with him. Choa and Hyunseong also followed, not knowing what was going on. We piled into the limo as the guys talked excitedly amongst themselves.

“Should we drop by Jong’s place? We haven’t seen him in a while. Plus he’s got some real nice dresses,” I heard Junhyuk say. We drove for a few more minutes and then we stopped. I got out first, Hyunseong following me out. Junhyuk got out last and led us into a building. It turned out to be a huge shopping mall, with the designer labels and things that weren’t even officially out yet stood in shops. I looked around with Choa and Hyunseong as Junhyuk and the rest led us to a shop at the opposite end of the mall.

“Junhyuk!” I heard a voice. A man with blond hair gave Junhyuk a hug and the rest. He stepped back and looked at me, Choa, and Hyunseong. “Newbies?”

“Friends. Guys, this is Jongjoo, our cousin. Jong, this is Choa, Hyunseong, and Hyojoo,” Junhyuk introduced me, Choa, and Hyunseong. We shook hands. I studied the guy more carefully. His hair was a bright blond color and he was around the same height as me.

“So what can I do for you guys today? More suits?” Jongjoo asked, clapping his hands together.

“We can’t fit any more suits in our closets anyway hyung. We’re actually looking for a formal dress for Hyojoo. If you have some of course,” Taehyun said.

“I got plenty. I’ll just take your measurements first, can you step up here please?” Jongjoo gestured to a pedestal. I stepped up onto it as he began to use a tape measure to measure my body. After he was done, he went to the back of the store. I stepped back down and sat down next to my brother and Hojeong. After a minute, Jongjoo came back with a lady, holding a few black garment bags. He handed them to her and gestured for me to get back on the pedestal. I got up and stepped back on. The mirrors around us suddenly began to move and formed a circle around me and the lady. She hung the bags on a hook and ped one. It was a periwinkle colored tiered chiffon halter gown. She helped me into it and then pushed a button. The mirrors began to move again until they formed a semi-circle around me, exposing me to the rest. Jongjoo stood up and circled me. He shook his head.

“The color doesn’t really suit you. Next!” he stepped out of the circle and the mirrors closed around me again. The lady picked out a few bags and hung them on another rack. She went back to the original pile and ped the next dress. It was a bright aquamarine colored strapless column dress.  After I put it on, the mirrors moved again. Jongjoo stood up and did the same thing. He saw how uncomfortable I looked.

“Not a strapless person are we?”

“Not exactly…” I awkwardly said.

“Next dress then.”

He exited the mirror circle. The lady did the same process. I went though many dresses: a gold colored ruffled chiffon dress, a blue jersey gown, a black mesh ball gown, and many more. Exhausted from the heavy dresses, I looked at the lady with pleading eyes.

“Just this last one miss…” she ped the last bag. I found myself looking at a beautiful one shoulder gold and silver dress. The top was gold with beads. The skirt was gold and had mesh layers of silver covering it, giving it full volume. The part with the shoulder strap extended to form a petal sleeve. I eagerly tried it on. It felt light and comfortable. When the mirrors moved for the last time, I saw Hojeong stand up wide eyed. Yoonsan pulled him down back in his seat as a blush started to creep up Hojeong’s face. I spun around on the pedestal. Jongjoo looked satisfied.

“This is the one, I can feel it,” he said, closing his eyes.

“We’ll take it then. We can never doubt your fashion sense,” Junhyuk stood up and went to the counter with him as the lady moved the mirrors back and ped me out of the dress. She hung it onto a hanger and put it in the huge garment bag. She brought it over to Jongjoo as I quickly slipped into my regular outfit and pressed the button to move the mirrors back. When I stepped out, Hojeong draped his arm around my shoulders as we walked to over to Jongjoo, who was talking with Junhyuk.

“Thank you so much for finding me this dress Jongjoo,” I began to say.

“It’s no problem, you’re Hojeong’s girlfriend after all aren’t you?” he said, his eyes focusing on Hojeong’s arm around me. He looked down as I looked at his arm and he quickly put it down, both of us shaking our heads in unison. Jongjoo laughed as he ruffled my hair. “I was just teasing.”

As I fixed my hair, Hojeong punched his hyung playfully on the arm. As Taehyun grabbed the bag off the counter, Choa and I began to fangirl over the dress.

“You’re gonna blow them away tomorrow!” she squealed.

“Hopefully!” I was excited. Hyunseong came over and patted my head.

“You better get a good night’s rest then,” he said, walking to catch up with Timoteo. We piled into the limo and dropped Choa off at the dorms, then the boys at their house. We were driven to my new home, which looked nice and cozy for me and Hyunseong to share. He led me to my room, where I had my own bathroom. I washed up quickly, deciding to text Seungyoon about my new place.

Me: Seungyoon? It’s Hyojoo.

He sent back a reply almost instantly.

Yoon: Hey, still awake? You ready for tomorrow?

Me: Yep, I got a dress ready and everything. I just wanted to tell you I’m not at the dorms anymore.

Yoon: I heard from Choa, she came to my room just now to tell me.

Me: Ah okay then, I’ll cya tomorrow, nite nite Yoon! ^^v

Yoon: Night :)

I plugged my phone into the charger and then fell asleep, wondering what tomorrow would bring.