janeloveexo: My BFF

✾ poison apple review shop ✾
MAIN HEADER

Poison Apple

 

Genre: Friendship, Comedy

 

Characters: Kris, Kyungsoo, Chanyeol

 

Status: Ongoing

 

Hello, I'm Kris, known as the third idiot! Let's meet my 2 partners : Park Chanyeol and Do Kyungsoo, the first and second idiots. These 2 turned my life into something I've never expected, into something crazy but fun, painted it with a lot of colors, and filled it with a lot of magical things! Don't believe me? Listen to my story.

Notes From Reviewer

 

Please don't take my review too seriously to heart. My opinion might be different from what other people think about your story. If you want me to re-review your story after you write more chapters, I would be happy to. 

Title (03/5)

I thought this title was not the best, because you could have at least spelled out the 'BFF' to make it seem more professional. However the title does connect to the theme of comedy, light heartedness and friendship. I still feel like it only refers to only one person. Yet there are two people. It could be a fantastic title but it doesn't work well for me. 

Description & Foreword (09/10)

I feel like the description and foreward could have been better formatted. I swear it might just be me because I am crazy about how a story physically look. This is part of what I see when I open your story and I don't like how it looks with all the colors and it just hurts my soul a little but its not you, just my personal opinion. However, your d + f does tell me what the story is about, it is not cliche about love or someone changing someone. It is fresh and I would continue to the fic. Good job on content, despite the color scheme. 

Plot (5.5/10)

I think the plot is original because it is nice to see something that is not about love but I barely felt a conflict in this story. Yes they wanted Kris to somehow get them out of school but this story even felt random at moments. There are some plot holes and wow I feel like I went on a whirlwind ride. I think it is just the fact this story needs to be more organized with timing to help build the plot up and down the story mountain. The characters are too cliche and I did not seem to like or connect with any of them which made it hard to like the plot. I could mostly give you some points for being original but the planning out of the plot was a big issue for me. 

Writing Style (12/20)

You write in first person which is fine, but I think I had the biggest issue with description with people you meet. Like how do people look and dress because yes I know you are using idols for the fics but if I have no idea who the idols are and just went by name. I would not be able to see anyone or their faces. I honestly think that is your biggest issue, it is your lack of description and detail with your words. I can't bring myself to give you any more than my current score, I had an issue with the description and just could not imagine your story in my mind. 

Characterization (05/10)

You have characters but I feel like you focus too much on the idol's story instead of the character's story. The characters all feel a little cliche and 2D. They do not seem to have any fears or motivation, even the main character already is being seen a person all the girls flock around. This is almost cliche and overdone with many fics. The comic relief is like Chanyeol and the logical friend is Kyungsoo. I did not find any character original or far from the stereotypical characters that associated with those idols. 

Flow (04/10)

Your flow is almost feels rush, while i was reading this I feel like i was being pushed through the story. I could not even take a breather for a second. There was no build up and things went quickly and I just got confused at moments. The timeline of the story seems unrealistic to me. I think you need to time things better. 

Personal Enjoyment (02/5)

I just could not connect with this fic enough. It was just a little too all over the place and lacked good characterization. You focused on comedy to carry your story along but there was little substance in the story that I found realistic or enjoyable. I'm sorry but this is just my opinion, your many subscribers might feel differently from my words. 

Overall (40.5/70) ~ 58%