jege2401: Ten

✾ poison apple review shop ✾
MAIN HEADER

Poison Apple

 

Genre: Angst & Romance

 

Characters: OC, Lay, EXO

 

Status: Ongoing

 

10 years old was when I first met you
10 seconds were all it took for me to fall in love with your warm brown eyes
10 days were those days I’d spent to make you talk to me for the first time
10 weeks.. Will you fall in love with me in my remaining days? 

Notes From Reviewer

 

Please don't take my review too seriously to heart. My opinion might be different from what other people think about your story. If you want me to re-review your story after you write more chapters, I would be happy to. 

Title (5/5)

i like your title, it relates to your descroption but is not too long. It also does not give away too much of the plot so i give you full score! Keep up with the great work!.

Description & Foreword (06/10)

Your description is catchy with the repetition of the number 10 but I have an issue with the description, it is too vague. You did not mention the characters, nor did you mention the conflict or the issue with your story. It doesn't not give me a clear idea about what the story about but is indeed eyecatching so I can't complain too much about it. I still recommend rewriting the description into a small blurb similar to books you see in stores or in the library. Foreward could have been organized more cleanly in my opinion. Format is not consistent so it does not look as attractive. 

Plot (03/10)

Just based of description, the plot is alright because the idea of someone getting sick and finding love in a short period of time is "new" but it is not completely generic like boy meets girl and boom love. So don't worry, i'm ot gonna judge the idea too harshly because you made the centered around the number 10 which is really good and interesting. I read up to chapter 5, the plot is not fresh, captivating but is interesting within reason. It is predicable and seems too generic and kdrama like. The story also seem to progress so slowly with 5 chapters dedicated to one day of the story. It would have been better if there was better characterization. You have something there, just need to make it more detailed and less predictable and perhaps the fact you made her some sort of centered character in EXO's life made it unbelievable. if you find yourself thinking whether something is predicatble or not, think whether you would find the situation more of a fantasy instead of realistic. 

Writing Style (10/20)

You are good at writing details but I find that I am reading your story with a very passive voice. It seems a little too choppy at moments due to short sentences, I recommend you write a little more about the surroundings (How does the room look like?) rather than just what the two characters are doing. You are good at writing about the main leads' interaction but you seem to forget to describe other characters as detailed like Lay's Appa. This can become an issue and make your story seem 2D. 

Characterization (03/10)

I feel Byul is too 2D, you do not know much about her besides her love for Yixing, which I understand is the core of the story but this is just too much of her character. Does she have any other motivation besides Yixing? How did she even become close to the rest of EXO anyways? it was never explained and leaves a big plot hole. It makes her seem like one of those girls that are in AFF stories where all the guys seem to surround them and love them. That is a litle unrealistic. Characters aren't written with depth and seem to be characters you see in movies instead in real life. However, you have some basic characterization there but i just wish you can expand a little more on them and explain more about their personality. You have a start, just need to continue before adding more characters. You work more about the main character than the rest of the characters and this is a weak point in this section of the review. 

Flow (07/10)

The flow is a little trite and a little slow, it flows from chapter to chapter. It is not bad but be careful of always trying to "surprise" readers with something new such as character. It can become very annoying and messy to read. 

Personal Enjoyment (2.5/5)

I could not get up to the most recent chapter, there is just too many issue for me personally. I'm sure your subscribers might feel differently but it was very hard for me to read your story. I wanted to give you a 3 but it would be lying to you and i want to be honest with you. However, your idea is creative and did draw me in and made me want to read. So don't feel like I hated your story, it was just not my cup of tea. 

Overall (36.5/70) ~ 52%