Notebook

Between Black and White -HIATUS- again... (SORRY)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Three:

"You know, I don't remember your wrist being this big," Yerim said while trying to catch her breath underneath a tree's shade.

"Have you ever held my wrist before?" Jay raised his eyebrows at her and gave the tall girl an amused look.

"Wait, what?!" Yerim flipped her head around and immediately dropped his wrist. She stared blankly at the guy she managed to dragged out of the crowd in surprised, not knowing how to react. Well, this is quite a catch... Yerim sarcastically thought. "Jay?"

"Yes? And you are?" Jay inquired.

"Yerim," She replied, still heavily breathing from the running. "Where the heck is Chanmi?" She started to look around.

"Who?"

"My friend," said Yerim. "It was an accident. I didn't mean to pull you out of there. I mean, it's a good thing that I did get you before you get chewed up by those thirsty girls, but that wasn't really my intention."

"Are you sure?" Jay smirked. 

"Yes, I'm sure," Yerim assured him. She knew all of the AOMG crew quite well as she is a fan, but she never really had any other thoughts than just listening to their music; at least until now. Sure, it's fun and game to fangirl and stuff, but in a situation like this, she was no better than Chanmi at reacting. Am I supposed to act cool and let it go or grab the chance to get to know him? She wondered. 

"Anyway, I got to go help my friends with the mess I made now," Jay gave her the parting words and jogged back to the booth. And there goes my chance, she sighed. This was perfect. Perfect. I got him Jay Park and all his muscles and tattoos right there and I let it go. Yerim forgot all about her friend for a moment and just stood underneath the tree in disappointing disbelief. 

~*~

"I can't believe that Gray grabbed your hand while I accidentally grabbed Jay's," Yerim laid on her small bed and stared into the dark. She could faintly make out the layout of the room as her eyes adjusted to the dark. It was already midnight and the two girls had returned to their dorm much earlier than the other freshmen because after the incident, about a dozen of people bombarded them with questions. Chanmi did not really blame them because she knew people were just naturally curious, but being an introvert, staying in the middle of a crowd, having to interact with her crush, and then being in the middle of attention of people were all things that exhausted her. 

Yerim on the other hand, was just filled with regret about not having the chance to talk to Jay that she just wanted to go back. Besides, she had already checked out most of the clubs she was interested in. 

"Tell me about it. It was so embarrassing," Chanmi recalled her shaky behaviors as she tried to ditch Gray as fast as possible. It was as if she was some deer running away from a hunter.

"Embarrassing for you? You're not the one who grabbed his hand," Yerim took her pillow and buried her face into it. "It sounded so much like an excuse when I said I got the wrong person," her muffled voice cried underneath the pillow.

"We both sure made a a good impression at our first Club Fair," Chanmi sarcastically said and let out a breath of air. She wished she could just find a hole and bury herself in it so she does not have to go to class tomorrow because she could already picture more people inquiring her about the incident. "Anyway, can you tell me a bit more about AOMG? You were dying to get a flyer before," Chanmi decided to change the topic.

"Oh, apparently the club is only for performers so there's no hope for me," Yerim replied. "I took the flyer and they said auditions are next week. Do you want to go watch?"

"Auditions?" Chanmi mumbled. "I'm surprised people here actually are into stuff like this. By the look of it, aren't everybody here just focused on academics?" Chanmi remembered an article she read while trying to do some research on SKY University, which is something she should have done way before accepting their offer to study here. She found out not only is this school super expensive, it is also a studying hell, ranking at number three for universities with the highest level of stress and was somewhere in the top ten for suicide rates. She can not believe she is taking out a bunch of loans just to study here. If it was not for the scholarship that helped pay for part of her tuition, she would have already cancelled everything and moved back home already.

"Yeah, students here are kind of crazy, but after the spikes on suicide and bad repution, the university has been trying hard to invest more into social clubs and events since a few years ago. It didn't work for some clubs, but it worked for others, like AOMG. That's why the school loves them."

"But I heard they do diss battles and freestyle rapping and all. That seems like more stress to me," Chanmi smiled. Still, she was interested and wanted to go watch. 

~*~

"So? Who is that girl everyone is talking about?" Soo-mi walked over to Gray after the club audition and quesioned. Soo-mi is one of the most notable female rapper in AOMG. Not to mention, she could catch anyone's attention with just her look before she even open . Long curly black hair and a small face with a tall slim sloping nose, Soo-mi looked like an ulzzang. 

"What girl?" Gray turned around to see his friend. 

"I think she meant the one you grabbed during the Club Fair," LOCO snickered.

"Oh, Chanmi?" Gray smiled at the thought of her name, causing even Jay to pay attention. "She's this freshman who just got lost on the first day of school and like the whole thing at Club Fair was an accident, because," Gray turned to Jay and gave him a look. "Someone was so smart that he created World War Three by setting the flyers down."

"Okay, it was a hot day and nobody was helping me out, okay?! Especially you!" Jay complained and glared at Gray.

"You never asked!" Gray retorted.

"Stop it, guys." Soo-mi giggled. "So it was nothing. I was getting a bit suspicous with all the rumor. I mean, Gray interested in a girl? And a freshman at that?" She raised her eyebrows in amused disbelief.

"Well, it's not like that." Gray assured them. "But you can't fully say that I am not interested." 

Everyone immediately raised their eyebrows, exchanging looks. Jay and LOCO were obviously amused while Soo-mi tried to hide her sudden annoyance.

Soo-mi and Gray were never a thing, but she had liked Gray since junior year. When they first met in freshman year, it was the opposite though because Gray was the one who was head over heels for the popular, charismatic, and beautiful Soo-mi. She had this pretty smile and charming dimples that had guys trailing behind her everyday so she never paid much attention to Gray, who was simply known as Lee Sunghwa back then. However the chief reason why Gray fell so hard for this girl was because she reminded him of his first love

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter