A Small Crush

Between Black and White -HIATUS- again... (SORRY)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter One:

"I was busy unpacking so I forgot to call you yesterday. Sorry dad. Anyway, don't worry, I got this all figured out," Chanmi assured him one more time with a white lie as she zipped her backpack and ran toward the elevator that was just one second too quick for her. "I got to go now. Call you later!" Looking at the cracked phone screen, she checked the time to confirm that she has just about ten minutes left to find her math class. Trying to outbeat time, even though she knew the chances were low, she took a deep breath to prepare herself to run around like a fool. 

It has been only one day since she had arrived at this place and the university has already resumed the school year. Of course, it is a given that students are supposed to move into the dorms a lot sooner than just one day before school starts, but Chanmi's annoying boss from her part-time job insisted that she finished her job or else she would not recieve a cent from her salary that month. Along with that and having to also prepare her younger brother for middle school, Chanmi had been so wrapped up with all her responsibilities that she did not even have to chance to prepare herself for college life, nevertheless, a life in a city so far and different from home that it is like a new planet. Thus, like a human landing on Mars, only without a gas tank, she is taking her first steps around and obviously, falling quite hard. As a result, Chanmi is now just scurrying around campus after sleeping in by accident, trying to get to her first class. 

Oh, map, please don't fail me now. She opened up a large piece of paper that outlined the layout of the school. What kind of foreign language is this? Chamni bit her lips. She was never good at reading maps or finding directions and this really is not the time to test her worst skill. Forget this, communication is better. Although Chanmi dreaded making new friends and talking to strangers, this was not the time to hesitate. Desperate time calls for desperate measures, so she just went for it and tapped on the shoulder of a girl with long brown-mocha hair.

"What?" The girl turned around, conspicously annoyed, causing Chanmi to become even more nervous. 

"Sorry, but I'm kind of lost," Chanmi managed to say without stuttering, something she had been trying hard to get over when talking to stranger.

"Okay?... Do you need help?" The girl relunctantly replied, raising her dark left eyebrow.

"Yeah, do you know where this building is?" Chanmi quickly pulled out her schedule and pointed to her math class location.

"Oh yeah, sure." She nodded. "You just have to go over there, then make a left turn until you see the tallest building painted in light blue." She pointed West and instructed. 

"Thank you so so so so much!" Chanmi bowed to her, assuming that she was a sunbae since she knew her way around school already. "I would be doomed without you!" She smiled with relief.

"Haha, sure..." The girl replied with a smirk. Ha, don't thank me. It's your fault you're late. Don't blame me for this, I only need to teach you a lesson since you're wasting my time on the first day of school. 

Chanmi, cluelessly followed the girl's directions and ran nonstop until she was able to spot the building. Through the stairs, she dashed up to room 24B without taking a break, too impatient to wait for the elevator. It was only third floor anyway. 

Rushing to the door, Chanmi immediately twisted the knob and opened it as fast as possible, ready to just find a seat in the lecture hall and settle down among the hundred of students. 

Instead, she was faced with around thirty faces staring back at her in a silent room. The room definitely was not a typical lecture hall, but instead, a small room filled with laptops and large desks. 

"Who are you?" Chanmi's attention was turned toward the professor. "Do you need anything?"

"Isn't this... Room 24B?" Chanmi slowly asked in fear. She could already sense something was wrong. Worst yet, everything seemed wrong and not a single eye has budged.  "Isn't there a math lecture here today?" Her voice turned down the volume in half this time as she felt her cheeks warming up. This time, a few giggles and chuckles were passed around the room as the eyes start moving again. 

"This is room 24B, but of the upper division building." The professor corrected. "And this is a computer class for seniors." He added with a faint smile. "You're in the wrong place, I'm sorry to say."

WHAT?! Why? Isn't this the tall light blue building? Chanmi mentally slapped herself and cringed at her own mistake.

"I'm sorry to break it to you, but if you want to go to the math lecture hall for freshman, it would be across campus," the professor continued.

"Oh..." Chanmi wanted to throw everything on the ground and called it quit right there and then, but still somehow manage

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter