Dream Chaser

Between Black and White -HIATUS- again... (SORRY)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[GIF credit] 

Chapter Two:

"So, how was your day?" Chanmi's roommate, Yerim, asked as she entered her dorm. Yerim is a tall girl with chestnut brown hair that was a little dry due to swimming and a frank attitude. With an open and easy-going personality, she was a lot more comfortable with Chanmi than Chanmi was with her. However, Chanmi was still grateful she was paired with such a nice and outgoing roommate. 

"I was late for my first class. . . Not such a good start," Chanmi sighed and threw her backpack onto her bed. The lecture was so long and confusing that she could not imagine having to go through them for the rest of the year. It was only the first day of school, she did not get why the professor was going all out on calculus already.  

"Ouch," Yerim made a face and closed her laptop. "Don't worry, I'm sure the professor was lenient since it is only the first day."

"Oh, he was. But the bigger thing was that before I was late, I walked right into the middle of a full class of seniors," Chanmi moaned.

"No way."

"Yes way," Chanmi replied. "The only good part was this nice guy who called himself Gray walked me to my class and explained everything to the teacher for me so everything went smoothly after that," Chanmi elaborated and took a sip of cool water.

"Wait, did you just say GRAY?" Yerim exclaimed.

"Yeah..?" Chanmi closed her water bottle. "Don't tell me you know him too. It's like everyone knows him, but me."

"I don't know what is more shocking," Yerim gaped. "The fact that Gray walked you to class or the fact that you don't know who Gray is."

"Well, I do now," Chanmi defended herself. She was always known to be the one who lived under the rock in her high school, it cannot be the same here as well. "The strange thing is that some girl actually gave me the wrong directions to go to the senior bulding on purpose!" Chanmi suddenly remembered and pointed out. 
 
"I'm not surprised," Yerim chuckled.

"Why?" 

"Because it's SKY University," She instantly replied as if it was a given.

"What do you mean?"

"Girl, you're in one of the most pretigious university in Korea. Everyone here is neck to neck trying to kill each other," Yerim pulled her chair over. "Of course, we're only freshman right now, but those seniors has been through three years in such an environment already that they see everybody as a competition. Who knows, maybe you and I will be rivals too one day," She jokingly said with a friendly glare.

Is that what he meant by telling me not to trust anybody? Chanmi wondered.

"Then why is Gray so nice?" She recalled.

"Because he probably doesn't see anyone as competition, especially not a lost freshman. He's like God here, okay? He won more awards than we can count in one hand and he has already made a name for himself in the tech industry. Not to mention, he's a freaking awesome rapper," Yerim could go on all day. She was not the girly type of girl who drools over any handsome guy, but she has heard enough about Gray to admired him as well.

It seems like I am not the only one who has a crush on him, Chanmi realized what a typical girl she was. 

"Anyway, you coming to the Club Fair? It's in front of the Gym. All the clubs are advertising themselves," Yerim changed the topic.

Like Chanmi, Yerim traveled from a different city to Seoul in order to attend university so she did not know many people either. However, unlike Chanmi, Yerim was one of the typical students at SKY that is groomed for success. Clubs, sports, debate, orchestra; she did all of them. Although she did not like to brag, she was one of the top students at her school.

"I mean I guess should," Chanmi replied. "Give me a moment to go change first because I have been running around all day."

~*~

After changing into a pair of khaki short shorts and a large navy blue cropped T-shirt that ended right below her belly button, Chanmi set out with Yerim with a cap to fight the summer sun. The two of them arrived at the crowded area that was packed with people and booths, just in time for free ice cream from the Karate Club.

"So, do you play any sports?" Yerim asked Chanmi as they passed through the sports section.

"Not even if my life depended on it," Chanmi replied with a meek smile.

"I did swimming in high school, but I am not sure about continuing because everything in university is so competitive," Yerim contemplated.

"Well, if you really like it, then go for it," Chanmi blatantly said.

"You're kidding right?" Yerim gave her a smile of disbelief. "I don't even know if I'll make it into the team. I don't think people at SKY choose what they want to do purely based on if they like it or not. They go things as if their lives depended on them." Even though Yerim said those words herself, she did not want to believe them either, but that was how things really

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter