Ways 13-18

Prompted Series: 4) 100 ways to say I love you

 

2011, June

13. Sorry I’m late.”


Yunho was impatiently tapping his steering wheel, trapped in traffic on the Olympic Bridge. Rush hour really .

"Come on, I'm already late", he muttered, eager to get to his date with Jaejoong.

When the cars finally started moving again, Yunho finished the fifteen-minute drive in less than ten. Stepping out of his car in front of the restaurant they'd chosen, he smiled when he saw Jaejoong waving at him.

"Hey, babe, sorry I'm late", Yunho said, slightly winded from jogging across the street.

"You're here now. That's all I care about", Jaejoong said, smiling and wrapping his arms around Yunho's.


2011, June

14. Can I have this dance?”

 

It was only when Jaejoong yawned that they realised how late it was. They had been having a movie marathon, and as the third movie ended, it was already well past two in the morning.

"Wanna go to bed?" Yunho asked.

"Not yet."

"You wanna watch another movie?"

"No, I don't think I can stay awake that long, I just don't want to go to sleep just yet."

Glancing around the room for no particular reason, the stereo caught his attention. Wiggling out of Jaejoong's arms, he got up and their song.

As the intro to Lucky started playing, Yunho went over to Jaejoong and reached out his hand.

"Can I have this dance?" he smiled.

Jaejoong simply smiled back, accepting the invitation for a twirly midnight dance.

 

2011, June

15. I made your favourite.”

 

From: Yunnie

This day . They went with Heechul's proposal, and he's so smug I just wanna shove those blueprints up his .


From: BooJae

Aww poor bb. I'll make it up to u when u get home <3

 

From: Yunnie

How?


From: BooJae

Surprise... You'll see.


Yunho could sense the delicious smell the second he stepped out of the elevator. I know that smell… Jae's the best…

When he stepped inside the apartment and saw Jaejoong put the pot of pork bone soup on the table, all his annoyance went away.

"I made your favourite", Jaejoong smiled, wrapping his arms around Yunho's neck and reaching up for a kiss.

"I love you so much", Yunho said, meaning every word.

"I love you more".


2011, June

16. “It’s okay. I couldn’t sleep anyway.”


Yunho had been turning in bed for almost forty-five minutes. He had just come home from a planning meeting in Jeju, and he was still in flight mode. Not having Jaejoong next to him didn't make sleep come easier.

The shorter male was at the café, hosting a promo party. Yunho would have enjoyed that tons more than the tiles and wallpaper samples he'd been staring at all day.

Another fifteen minutes passed until Yunho heard the front door open and closed, followed by keys being tossed into the bowl on the drawer. Sighing contently, Yunho finally allowed himself to drift off to sleep. It lasted for about seventy-nine seconds, until Jaejoong tripped over himself in the dark bedroom, cursing loudly.

Yunho just smiled and the lights.

"You okay, babe?" Jaejoong was rubbing his knee.

"I'm fine. Sorry for making a ruckus."

It’s okay. I couldn’t sleep anyway.”


2011, July

17. Watch your step.”


The hike up Halla Mountain turned out to be trickier than they had expected. Loose rocks and protruding tree roots covered the path in some places, making it easy to slip and fall.

In one particularly tricky spot, loose rocks and gravel had fallen onto the path. Yunho turned around, reaching his hand out to Jaejoong.

"Watch your step".

"What am I, Bambi on ice?" Jaejoong joked, but took Yunho's hand anyway. Three steps later, he tripped and fell on his , after which Yunho insisted on piggy-backing Jaejoong past the treacherous bit.

Jaejoong's protests were only for show.


2011, July

18. “Here, drink this. You’ll feel better.”


Even with his desperately congested nose, Yunho could smell the wonderful chicken curry soup being prepared in the kitchen.

When Yunho had woken up with a nasty case of summer flu, Jaejoong had ordered him on bed rest, pulling his blankets up to his nose, despite it being well over 25 degrees outside. Not that it mattered, since Yunho had been having fever chills all morning.

Soon, a gently humming Jaejoong entered the bedroom, carrying a tray. After propping up Yunho's pillows, Jaejoong sat on the side of the bed to better be able to feed his boyfriend.

Here, drink this. You’ll feel better”, he said, blowing on the spoonful of soup to cool it off.

"Danks, dweedy"** Yunho said before taking a sip of the hot liquid.


**"Thanks, sweetie"