Ways 1-6

Prompted Series: 4) 100 ways to say I love you

2007, autumn

1. “Pull over. Let me drive for awhile.”

“Pull over. Let me drive for awhile”, Jaejoong said. Yunho had been driving for several hours, and it was late. Jaejoong could see Yunho's eyes go reddish from overexertion.

"I'm fine, sweetie", Yunho replied, yawning so hard Jaejoong could have sworn he heard his boyfriend's jaw crack.

"Fine, my . I could park the car in your mouth the way you're yawning. Come on, it's still far to Gwangju. Let me drive the last couple of hours. Get some sleep."

"Alright, I guess I could use some rest. I'll see if I find a good place to stop."

After about five minutes behind the wheel, Jaejoong glanced at his boyfriend, who was sleeping like a log. Fighting the urge to sing "I told you so", he simply ran a finger down the sleeping man's cheek and turned his attention back to the road ahead.

 

2007, autumn

2. It reminded me of you.”

"For me? What's the occasion?" Jaejoong smiled when he accepted the red Cartier bag Yunho had handed him.

"Just because", Yunho replied cheekily and kissed the shorter man with a loud smack.

"It's wonderful", Jaejoong said when he pulled up the bracelet. "I love it."

"It reminded me of you", Yunho said, earning himself a long, sweet kiss.

 

2010, December

3. “No, no, it’s my treat.”

"Babe, are you ready to go?" Yunho asked as he waited by Jaejoong's front door, coat hanging over his arm.

"Yep, all set. I'll just go get my wallet."

"No, no, it's my treat."

"You sure? You don't have to do that, I know money's been a little tight for you lately."

"And now it's not anymore. I got my salary a little earlier this month, what with the holidays and all. And I want to treat my lovely soulmate to dinner with the bonus money."

"Your money, your call", Jaejoong smiled, always happy to eat for free.

"Yes, it is", Yunho smiled back. "Let's go."

 

2010, December

4. Come here. Let me fix it.”

Yunho had spent the last fifteen minutes trying to perfect the knot around his neck, cursing whoever invented ties to high heaven.

"Come here. Let me fix it", Jaejoong said, smiling at his boyfriend.

Yunho put his hands in his trouser pockets while Jaejoong worked his magic.

"Something tells me it's more than just the tie", Jaejoong said while twisting and looping the silk band.

"I'm just nervous, that's all. I mean, I've only been at the company for two months, and this is my first big party with the higher-ups. I want to impress them."

"You just have to stand and look handsome for them to be impressed. Besides, if you don't impress them, they can always look at me", Jaejoong added with a little tease in his voice. "I've been told I make quite the picture." Jaejoong slapped the taller man's with that last comment.

"Oh yeah? Who told you something like that?" Yunho asked, equally teasing.

"No one special. Just some tall guy from Jeolla who was trying to score a date with me."

"Oh, that guy", Yunho added with a smirk. "I know him."

"Yes you do. There. All set." Jaejoong patted the intricate eldredge knot and went to the bed to pick up his tuxedo jacket. "Let's go impress some oldies."

 

2011, 22 January

5. I’ll walk you home.”

"We should get going. I wanna get at least a few hours of sleep before hell breaks loose", Jaejoong muttered as he looked at his watch.

"What time do your parents land?" Yunho asked, pulling out the chair for his boyfriend.

"Five forty-two AM. Which means I have to be in my car by three thirty."

"Ouch."

Jaejoong simply cocked an eyebrow in response. The beautiful man would never be a poster boy for morning people, that thing was certain.

"Man, I want to go to Bora Bora too", Yunho pouted enviously.

"Sure beats this cold." Jaejoong wrapped his coat tighter as he stepped out into the January evening.

"At least they made it home in time for your birthday. It's been a while since I met them, it's gonna be so good to see them again."

"Sure, but why must they come in the middle of the night? You know, when sensible people sleep?"

"Come on, I'll walk you home, sweetie", Yunho chuckled, rubbing warmth into Jaejoong's arms.

 

2011, March

6. Have a good day at work.”

It was almost rude how much Jaejoong enjoyed lying in Yunho's bed and watch the other man hurry through his morning routine.

The bookstore-slash-café Jaejoong owned together with his brother Junsu was closed for the day, since the new coats of paint needed time to dry. Jaejoong intended to thoroughly enjoy his day off.

Currently, Jaejoong was amusing himself by pointing out all the things Yunho needed.

"Cuff links are on the drawer. Take the ones with obsidian. Don't forget your glasses. You have some toothpaste left on your lip."

"Having fun?" Yunho muttered amusedly.

"Immensely." Jaejoong made a show of yawning and stretching and snuggling into the pillow.

"I'll see you tonight." Yunho leaned in to kiss Jaejoong on the temple.

"Have a good day at work." Jaejoong waved — more like shook his hand randomly in the air — and smiled smugly as he went back to sleep.

"Don't strain yourself being lazy."


A/N

So... My muse is busy today

Enjoy, and PLEASE comment