The Students

Bad Blood [ON HOLD]

Plain white stained with red. Red looks so vibrant when paired with white. But white is supposed to be pure. Why is there red in this white? What is this red? It smells awfully familiar.

Blood?

There’s no mistaking it. The red is thick and smelled like metal; the smell of blood. Whose blood is this? Is it mine? But I don’t feel wounded or anything. Why is there blood on the snow then?

“Little Boy…” a deep and unfamiliar voice called and I instantly looked up. “Are you lost?” he asked and for some strange reason, I felt frightened at the presence of this man before me. Who is he? Why is he here? Where is here?

“I’m thirsty, Little Boy.” He said again and smiled wickedly, revealing sharp teeth, sharper than normal teeth. Teeth aren’t supposed to look like that right? Why is his different? Why do I feel like I am in danger?

The unknown man before me suddenly took a step and on instinct, I stepped back. I don’t want him near me. He’s scary. He’s dangerous. He’s not human. He’s a vampire.

I don’t know why I know what they are called but that’s what this person is: A Vampire. A Vampire is a monstrous creature that lived centuries ago and still to this day. They lurk mostly at night and feed on the blood of humans.

“Let me drink your blood Little Boy…” the monster said and if his teeth weren’t abnormal enough, his eyes turned into a bright shade of red.

I did what any normal seven year old would do; I screamed and attempted to run away. But Vampires have amazing speed and strength; he caught me by my hair and lifted me up from the ground.

I don’t want to die! I don’t want to be eaten! Someone please help me! Mom! Dad! Where are you?!

A gust of wind suddenly emerged from out of nowhere. The wind felt so strong that I thought it would slice my skin, but it also felt comforting, even for a little bit. The Vampire who held on my head suddenly dropped me on the ground.

“You are a disgrace.” I suddenly heard a voice; a young yet deep and commanding voice. The Vampire before me turned around and I looked up from my fall to see a handsome young man.

He looked like a teenager to me. He had silver white hair, penetrating red eyes, and a calm and collected look.

“Prince S-Sehun…” The Bad Vampire’s voice quivered and before I knew it, this young teenager had plunged his hand through the Bad Vampire’s chest.

Blood splattered on the ground and on my face but I didn’t pay attention to any of it. My eyes were glued to the mysterious creature before me. I knew instantly that he’s also a Vampire but I didn’t feel scared of him.

“Are you alright?” He asked and held out his hand for me to take.

It’s bad to go with a Vampire. Every Vampire is evil. Every Vampire will kill you. They’re dangerous. They’re scary. But why doesn’t it seem that way with this boy? Humans should never associate with Vampires. But why do I feel like getting close to this Vampire?

I looked up to see him smiling down at me and his eyes that were red before were now jet black. He looks so peaceful yet I know he is powerful and also destructive. But still…

I took his hand.

 

****

 

"LUHAN. LU. HAN. LUUUUUU~" Luhan heard a voice whispering in his ear so automatically, his face scrunched up. I am sleeping; don’t interrupt me and my dreams.

"Leave me alone." The black haired doll murmured and a few seconds later, he felt pain on his head.

"OW! HEY!" Luhan yelled, annoyed at who it was that suddenly woke him up. Only, his professor seemed more annoyed at him than him at her. Crap.

"LUHAN! Stop sleeping in my class!" Miss Kwon; the 4th year chemistry professor yelled and pointed a stick towards Luhan’s face so he immediately sat up to avoid the sharp end.

"I’m sorry Ma’am. Won’t happen again." he bowed as an apology and Miss Kwon sighed.

"I know you and Kim are guardians and watching over the school at night is a tiring job but seriously? Do you both have to sleep in my class?" she said and placed her hands on her hips.

Luhan looked back to the seat where his partner usually sits in and he understood why Miss Kwon’s really pissed. Kai is sleeping as well. Actually, whether they’re in class or not, that guy is always asleep.

"back to page 89, problem 5." Miss Kwon then said so Luhan turned his attention back to the class.

It’s not like he doesn’t find Chemistry interesting for him to fall asleep so very often; but like Miss Kwon had said, Luhan is a guardian. And as a guardian, he patrols the school every night and then usually returns to his dormitory at four in the morning. Then classes start at nine so he has at least a few hours of rest.

Intercross Academy is not an ordinary school that’s why it has Guardians or prefects. Take a look at the name and it showcases weird already. But there is a reason for that name and it’s because this Academy is the sister school of Cross Academy in Japan.

Intercross and Cross Academy have one purpose and that is to create a bond between humans and vampires. Vampires as in Dracula, Blood ers and Edward Cullen; though the Vampires they have don’t sparkle when exposed to sunlight, they turn to ash and they really exist. They have been for a few years now.

Intercross Academy; like Cross Academy, have what you call the Day Class and the Night Class. Day Class, obviously, is for the human students and the Night Class is for the Vampires. Day Class classes usually last up to five in the afternoon then the Night Class takes over until three in the morning.

Day Class student have no idea what the origin of the Night Class students are. The chairman says that a time will come for that, but for now, this Academy exists to show that Vampires can coexist with humans, peacefully.

Luhan’s adoptive brother; the chairman, believes that not all vampires are bad and should be killed. He believes that they are capable of being socially responsible citizens that knows the dos and don’ts of society.

Luhan believes him. He believes that not all vampires are bad and should be killed.

Why?

Because he was saved a vampire once.

"Luhan, you’re spacing out again. Are you alright?" his roommate; Kris, asked. 

"Oh. Sorry about that. I guess I’m just really sleepy today." The latter chuckled and Kris nodded in response.

"Asleep in the morning, awake at night. You and Jongin are like vampires.” Kris suddenly blurted out making Luhan’s doe like eyes wide as saucers.

"YOU BELIEVE IN THAT STUFF?!" he asked frantically.

"They're nothing but a myth Luhan." Kris gave him a disbelieving look and Luhan sighed in relief. Vampires are not yet accepted in the society; preferably the generation today. But Luhan bets that Kris’ grandparents probably told him stories about the Vampires, he just doesn’t believe them.

Kris is the type of guy who just sits quietly in a corner but there’s more to him than meets the eye. He’s very skilled in basketball since he’s a whooping six feet tall, he is also fluent in Korean, Mandarin, English and Cantonese.

As for Luhan, living in Korea made him fluent in using the language but he also knows Mandarin since Lay is Chinese and the chairman usually speaks to him in Chinese.

Luhan wondered before why Intercross Academy wasn’t built in China but Lay said there aren’t many Vampires in that country. He highly doubts it though since the Vampires are everywhere; you just don’t know it. They could be anyone you know.

 The bell rang for the end of the period and Luhan sighed in his head. It was time to be a guardian and face his dreaded duties.

"Luhan hyung, let’s get going…" he heard Kai say and when Luhan turned around; Kai was already at the door.

“JONGIN! WAIT FOR ME!” the elder yelled in alarm and got up from his seat. "Kris, can you take my books back to the dormitory?" he asked and the latter nodded in response. Luhan bowed as thanks before running to catch up with Kai or Kim Jongin; a friend of his and another guardian of the academy.

Of course, being a guardian, Kai knows about the Vampires in the Night Class but he hates all of them. He believes every vampire is a spawn of the devil and should be put to sleep with a bullet on their heads from his Hunter Gun. He wouldn’t even be in the academy if not for his debt of gratitude to Lay and Luhan for taking him in.

Kai is a Vampire Hunter or at least his parents were, and they were the best in their jobs. Although one winter night, Kai and his family got attacked by a powerful Vampire, the Vampire killed everyone he loved and left him wounded. Lay took him to their home and ever since then, Kai has lived with Luhan as his younger brother. Though he looks more mature than the latter, he is still younger by a year.

Kai hates Vampires and Luhan intends to change his beliefs, but it’s been a few years and he’s still nowhere near in convincing him. Will he ever get a chance to convince him? Will he even be convinced?

 

****

 

The Moon Dormitory where all the Night Class students are staying had huge golden gates that sealed shut, not until the time for them to go out comes. But even the impenetrable closed doors of the dormitory couldn’t hold the crazy fans of the Night Class back. So that’s where Kai and Luhan come in.

“STEP BACK PLEASE! IT’S ALMOST CURFEW SO PLEASE GO BACK TO YOUR DORMS!” Luhan exhaustingly yelled and stretched his arms wide to not let the students of the Day Class go any further. Even if the day is about to end for them, the Day Class students are really energetic.

“NO FAIR LUHAN! STOP TAKING ALL THE NIGHT CLASS STUDENTS FOR YOURSELF!” a young girl yelled and Luhan sighed. He’s not doing this for himself, he’s doing this for them.

It’s not like he doesn’t trust the Night Class but having guardians is just a precaution since sometimes, most of them cannot control their thirsts and cravings.

The Day Class students on the other hand, only knows that the Night Class students are part of the rich, prestigious and famous families all over the world; that is why they are called as “fans” in Luhan’s book. He doesn't blame them for thinking that way though since when he looks at the Night Class students, he feels the same way.

"TAKE ONE MORE STEP AND I SWEAR I WILL MAKE YOU CRY." Kai warned a female student and she stumbled backwards with her knees shaking and looking pale; as if her soul was drawn out of her body.

"STAY STRONG KRYSTAL! DON’T LISTEN TO HIM!” the girls cheered her on but the girl was too afraid to move now because of Kai’s warning.

Most of the Day Class students present are the girls, mainly because most of the Night Class students are made up of boys. There are also female Night Class Students but only a few of them exist.

“RETURN TO YOUR ROOMS DAMN IT!” Kai yelled in pure annoyance and glared dangerously at the students; making them back away a few steps but not actually leaving. Kai is an impatient person. He hated the fact that the humans in the school had no idea what danger lies ahead of those golden gates.

Luhan sighed as he watched the younger lose his temper. He knows Kai like the back of his hand and the day to day task was probably pissing him off. He just can’t say it in front of the chairman’s innocent face. Lay once told Luhan that if it weren’t for him, there wouldn’t be anyone in this world that could chain Kai down when he gets mad.

Suddenly, the gates opened from behind and the screaming intensified making Luhan curse in his head. He’s late again; he didn’t get to make the Day Class leave on time. Luhan turned to the Day Class students; if he can’t make them leave at least he could ask them to behave properly.

Though when he turned around, he saw the strangest thing; the Day Class students were properly lined up like there was some sort of red carpet premiere night. They were like a bunch of well behaved photographers and reporters in a red carpet event. Cameras aren’t allowed but in Luhan’s imagination, the situation seemed that way.

"Uhm. Okay then.” was all Luhan could say as he stepped aside for the Night Class students to finally pass by.

"Hey girls!" a tall brute with white, shaggy hair and dark brown eyes smiled and greeted the students.

“OH MY GOSH!! CHANYEOL OPPA!!" the students screamed and Luhan fought back the urge to cover his tiny ears.

Park Chanyeol looks like an eighteen year old, but of course Luhan knows he’s older than that since he's a Vampire. Chanyeol is the only son of one of the Purebloods that existed a long time ago and based on Luhan’s observations, he has got to be the noisiest Vampire in existence.

"Please stop." the small one next to him said and flipped another page of a book.

This little Vampire is someone you cannot judge easily. Byun Baekhyun is a quiet person but once you get on his bad side, you’d see hell. He had dirty blonde hair and ash grey eyes, which makes him a little more intimidating than some others.

People say that Chanyeol and Baekhyun are an item since the smaller is always right next to taller wherever he goes. Baekhyun always has his nose stuck on a book and couldn’t be bothered by the people around him. And Chanyeol; is his complete opposite.

"OH C'MON BAEKHYUN! All the ladies here waited for us and they’re all so cute! Why don't you say hi?" Chanyeol draped an arm over Baekhyun’s shoulder and that did it. The students turned into pterodactyls and waved wildly at the two who were passing by.

"THE SIBLINGS ARE SO HOT!!" a group of pterodactyls screeched so Luhan turned around to see two more Night Class students with the same height but with different features.

Kim Jongdae and Kim Minseok. Again, people say they’re an item but there is no clear rule about in the Vampire World. The students refer to the siblings as Chen and Xiumin.

Minseok or Xiumin is the vice-president of the Moon Dormitory and his parents and forefathers are a part of the Vampire Council. Xiumin is a kind and gentle person, you’d usually see him smiling shyly at the Day Class Students; making them coo over his cuteness. He is also quiet but sometimes you’d see him scolding his younger brother or Chanyeol.

Chen or Jongdae on the other hand, is just like Baekhyun. He sticks by his brother’s side more often and has his head in the clouds. Literally, he really likes to stare at the clouds while walking or doing anything. That’s why people always see Xiumin holding on to him or him holding on to the latter.

Luhan watched as the siblings passed by and then he saw him.

His silver hair that was pushed back, his snow white skin that glowed; even if Luhan knew only Vampires in movies do that it still seemed that way to him. And his eyes, his gorgeous black eyes that caught Luhan’s heart the moment he laid eyes on them.

"Good work today Luhan hyung." He greeted and Luhan’s heart melted in an instant. He knows the latter’s probably decades older than him but he still calls him hyung and it makes Luhan feel so special and fluffy on the inside.

"t-thank you..." Luhan stuttered and bowed low until they had passed.

As soon as Luhan lifted his head back up, he saw another small boy that jumped down from a tree. Luhan looked curiously at the smaller boy. He had forgotten his name and the unknown student usually appears right after the Night Class students exit the gates and pass by the Day Class students. He assumed he was Sehun’s bodyguard but he didn’t really know.

Oh Sehun. He’s the reason why Luhan is alive. Not to make it sound like it’s coming from a lovesick teenager but it’s the truth.

Luhan doesn't remember much before the age of seven. He was wandering alone when a rogue vampire attacked him out of the blue. He cried desperately for help and tried to escape but the rogue had caught him and was about to kill him. His life was supposed to end there that night but help came. The vampire was put to a stop when a hand went through his chest. It was Sehun’s hand.

Sehun saved Luhan and brought him to Lay. Ever since then, Luhan’s heart longed to see Sehun every day.

Sehun was his beginning.

 

****

 

 Nine o'clock in the evening and Luhan’s patrolling the school grounds. Day Class students are all asleep except for Kai and himself.

Speaking of Kai, after the incident at the Moon Dormitory, Luhan didn’t see him around anymore; though he’s pretty sure that the tanned hunter’s just sleeping and slacking off again. Luhan knows he can’t patrol the academy on his own even if he knows how to fully defend himself. It’s still dangerous at night. He knows the Night Class students won’t attack but there’s a reason why the academy has Guardians.

“I’d better find that idiot.” Luhan mutters to himself before walking towards the balcony; ready to jump down so he could start his search.

However, Luhan heard a fit of giggles and tiny squealing somewhere below him. He looked over the railing and sighed when he spotted the familiar black and red uniform of the Day Class.

He jumped down immediately and held on a tree branch before swinging down, surprising the hell out of the two troublemakers. "HEY YOU TWO! According to the school rules; Day Class students are not allowed out of their dormitories after curfew. It's dangerous at night, return to your rooms." he warned so the students sighed and gave the guardian an apologetic look. They both stood up right after but one of them ended up falling back down again.

"Are you okay? Are you hurt?!" Luhan yelled in alarm. He can’t have those two around at that time of the night, and one of them is injured!

“It's just a scratch." The girl replied but Luhan pulled them both up and pushed them to start walking. He knows that even a scratch is not good when it comes to Vampires, the slightest form of injury could trigger blood spill and that would mean ultimate trouble.

"RETURN TO YOUR DORM NOW! IT'S NOT SAFE!" Luhan said when he felt a familiar, dangerous presence.

"WHO’S THERE?!" the Guardian in Luhan surfaced and he grabbed his Hunter Rod. It extended long enough for both of his hands to hold on to them and he swung it around the threat.

But it was abruptly stopped by a strong wrist. “Calm down Mr. Guardian. It’s just us.” The Night Class student grinned and the electricity from the rod attacked his hand but he didn’t pay any attention to it.

"NIGHT CLASS STUDENTS CHANYEOL AND BAEKHYUN!! OH MY GOSH!" the pterodactyls disguised as students screamed and Luhan gritted his teeth. If only they knew what kind of trouble they’re in right now.

"We just smelled something sweet so we went out to check." Chanyeol said and completely held on the Hunter Rod.  Anti-Vampire weapons are harmful to Vampires so smoke came out from Chanyeol’s hands; result of the weapon’s effect on him, but he still didn’t mind and walked closer to where Luhan was standing.

“Did you hear that?! He said we smelled sweet! Oh my goodness!” the girls whispered in delight, completely oblivious to what Chanyeol actually meant.

"Go back to your class Chanyeol." Luhan ordered. He can’t let this go on any further or there would be serious consequences.

"Why are you so cold Mr. Guardian? You’re the one that brought me here.” Chanyeol teased and held on Luhan’s hand.

"The blood we smelled..." he grinned and pulled the guardian close “…was yours.”  

Luhan’s eyes went wide when he saw the blood on his hand. He didn’t notice it before because he was busy scolding the students but when he grabbed the tree branch, he accidentally cut himself on the bark.

“CHANYEOL! This is against the rules! Return to your class!" Luhan yelled as soon as Chanyeol inhaled the scent of blood from his hand. He tried to pry his hand off but being a Vampire; Chanyeol was at an advantage, he wouldn’t budge. Chanyeol smirked and the humans saw the sharp fangs protruding from his mouth.

CRAP! There are Day Class students present! An alarm set off in Luhan’s head and he attempted to punch Chanyeol off, only to have the latter dodge while still holding on to him.

"FANGS?!” the Day Class students screamed in fear and Luhan looked back in horror. How was he supposed to explain this to them!?

Chanyeol's fangs pierced his skin making Luhan turn his head back to the troublemaking Vampire. Chanyeol then eagerly drank Luhan’s blood, the sweet and warm taste was addicting that it didn’t matter to him that he was breaking one of the academy’s golden rules.

"CHANYEOL!!" Luhan yelled and dropped the Hunter Rod to push the Vampire’s head away but to no avail.

"V-VAMPIRE!? NO WAY!" the girls yelled again and then there was a loud thud.

"They fainted." Baekhyun said; he was leaning on a tree, reading a book. He had no intention of butting in the situation so Luhan knew he had to help himself. Luhan felt his energy wash away but he needed to get Chanyeol off his hand and stop drinking his blood.

Suddenly, someone pulled Luhan away and even if he was saved, Luhan cursed in his head when he heard the cocking of a gun.

"Chanyeol, drinking of blood on campus is prohibited. Did you forget that... vampire?" Kai angrily said while the mouth of his gun was pointed at Chanyeol’s head. "Losing yourself to the taste of blood, you really disgust me." he added and Luhan knew he had to stop this before it gets even worse.

"That’s enough, Jongin. We have other things to worry about." he held on Kai’s sleeve with his one good hand to try and nudge him away.

"Oh. It’s the scary guardian. You really hate us don’t you? Well, whatever. I already had a taste of Luhan’s delicious blood anyway."  Chanyeol smirked and Kai didn’t hesitate to pull the trigger.

"KAI!" Luhan yelled in alarm but Kai’s eyebrows narrowed and he glared at Baekhyun who apparently; intervened. Baekhyun raised Kai’s arm in time for the bullet to hit the tree behind them instead of Chanyeol himself.

Luhan let out a sigh of relief and he thanked the heavens for Byun Baekhyun and his speed. Because killing of vampires on campus is also prohibited.

"Just try and test my patience Vampire Hunter." Baekhyun glared dangerously at Kai and his eyes that were ash gray before turned to blood red. The lights from the lamps around them started to suddenly shine brightly, making the bulbs scatter to pieces.

Vampires from the Pureblood Family and the Noble Family have these unique and special powers other than increased speed, strength, sight and hearing; and Baekhyun’s special power allows him to control light.

"BAEKHYUN. CHANYEOL." all of them suddenly heard someone speak and when they turned to face whoever it was; Luhan immediately felt his heart race.

It was Sehun. He was with the siblings and that kid Luhan couldn’t remember the name of. Baekhyun immediately stepped away from Kai and Chanyeol looked paler than usual when he saw Sehun behind him. Xiumin and the others heard the gunshot earlier and when they went out to check, they were surprised to see Sehun walking towards the same direction as well.

"Thank you for catching these two. I'll see to it that they're punished." Sehun said while looking directly at Luhan, making the latter blush a little. But thankfully, he managed to nod in response. “Can you put that away now Mr. Guardian? Anti-vampire weapons can really kill us you know?” Xiumin added so Kai retracted his gun and returned it inside his jacket.

"As for those two, I'll have Kyungsoo erase their memories and bring them back to their respective rooms as compensation for what happened. Is that alright, Mr. Guardian?" Sehun asked Luhan felt more flustered than when the latter calls him hyung.

"O-Okay! That’s okay! Thank you!" Luhan quickly replied with a bow.

"Sorry you had to see that Luhan hyung." Sehun looked disappointed and Luhan wondered why. It was a part of his job as a guardian to experience stuff like that, it was normal for him.

"I-It’s okay… it's part of my job so..." Luhan replied nervously when Kai suddenly pulled him away and off to another direction.

“Kai!” Luhan yelled but the hunter just dragged him away.

"What gives Kim Jongin?! You didn’t even properly thank Sehun for what he did." Luhan said when they were completely away from the others.

"The smell of blood reeked, it’s disgusting." Kai annoyingly replied while still tugging onto his good hand. Even if the others helped them resolve the issue earlier, Kai still doesn’t like them and couldn’t stand being in the same room as them.

Luhan guessed it’s really hard for Kai to accept Vampires since his family was killed by one. But not all Vampires are bad and Luhan knows it and for him; Kai should one day believe it.

"Be careful next time hyung. Those blood thirsty devils don’t have hearts and they think like animals. They’d kill you in an instant." Kai then warned before bandaging Luhan’s hand with his necktie.

Luhan remained still and quiet after that, thinking about how he can possibly convince Kai that not all Vampires are bad when his hatred is just that strong.

 

****

 

The classroom is dead silent. Every student of the Night Class continued to mind their own business despite the punishment that was happening right at the back of the room. Chanyeol kneeled and hung his head low in front of the Pureblood Prince. He knows what he did was unforgivable and for that, he will be severely punished.

"Kyungsoo..." Sehun said in a commanding tone.

The smallest Vampire nodded and walked right in front of the lower Pureblood. Kyungsoo held out his hand and hit Chanyeol right across the cheek, causing the latter to draw his head sideways. Kyungsoo’s fingernails left a deep slash on Chanyeol’s face but it didn’t last long since the mark quickly healed, but Chanyeol knows it isn’t over yet.

Kyungsoo hit him again, creating a mark on his left cheek. It healed again but Kyungsoo would hit him once more.

“Sehun, don’t you think that’s quite enough?” Xiumin said but Sehun didn’t listen so Kyungsoo took it as a sign and continued.

“If only he didn’t bite down on Luhan, he wouldn’t be receiving such treatment from the Prince.” Baekhyun pointed out and flipped the page of his third book that day.

"Speak for yourself, Baekhyun. You were also there yet you didn’t stop him from doing such a thing.” Chen retorted

"You know we have no right to dictate to our Masters on what they have to do. Besides, I didn’t think he was dumb enough to bite the human.” The shorter male answered and hastily avoided a strong blade of wind coming towards him.

"Baekhyun, just behave okay? This is on me." Chanyeol said and Baekhyun immediately shut up.

A hundred and fifty was the live count on Kyungsoo’s hits on Chanyeol’s face before the latter stopped and returned to Sehun’s side.

"Do that again and I swear; I will hit you myself. And even you wouldn’t want that to happen." Sehun’s blood red eyes glared at Chanyeol so the latter lowered his head completely.

"Sehun, I’m sure there’s no need for that. Chanyeol’s learned his lesson.” Xiumin helped Chanyeol up as he continued to self heal. Kyungsoo’s hands are small but they sure pack a lot of power.

"That boy is special to Sehun, isn't he?" Xiumin then says

"Why?" Chen asks but his brother just shrugged. He had no idea why Sehun was so attached to Luhan but he didn’t mind at all as long as Sehun seemed happy by the human’s presence.

"We're here to protect whoever is special to you, Sehun. Aren't we?" Xiumin asked and turned to the other Vampires inside the classroom. Their red eyes glowed in the dark and they bowed to the Prince while their right hands were on their chests; a symbol of surrender and loyalty to the Pureblood in charge.

Nobles are a slave to Purebloods and it has been that way for centuries. Purebloods are the start of the Vampire race. They are the alphas, the head, the dominant, the beginning. They are also the strongest and rarest form of the Vampires.

After the war between Hunters and Vampires, many of the Purebloods died because they were usually what the Hunters targeted the most. Sehun and Kyungsoo’s parents were one of those who died, leaving them both orphaned.

Chanyeol is also a Pureblood and his parents died as well in the battle. But everyone knew Sehun is way more than a mere Pureblood, he is also a prince. He is what they call the Vampire of Vampires. He possesses many abilities, other than controlling wind. He is the strongest Vampire and he is the leader of the said race.

Nobles; on the other hand, are the next class of vampires to the Purebloods. They have a hint of human blood in them since when the war was on going, Vampires created newborns to increase their man power. Although Nobles’ blood is 85% Vampire and 25% Human.

Purebloods are the ones that created the Nobles. They are trained to control their thirst for human blood and protect their Masters. Nobles serve as bodyguards to the Purebloods. They have this strong bond that’s created once a Pureblood turns them into their Noble. It's like a Master-Slave relationship.

Chen and Xiumin are Sehun’s first and only Nobles. It was Sehun who turned them into vampires in accordance to their parents’ wishes. They usually act like Sehun’s right hand men.

In Kyungsoo’s case, he was born two days before the war began and Sehun had to take care of him while their parents fought with the Hunters. Since their parents died, Sehun took the responsibility of raising the younger one on his own. That’s why Kyungsoo sticks to him like glue and follows his brother’s will without a doubt.

Baekhyun, on the other hand, is Chanyeol’s Noble. They have been together since they were children and they have been in a relationship since they turned into teenagers. Noble and Pureblood relationship is not looked down upon in the Vampire World. In fact, it is actually preferred because chances are; when a Noble gives birth to a child, there would be a chance that the pure blood of the Pureblood would dominate the system of the Vampire child.

Same relationships are also not looked down upon. Vampire males can get pregnant although their process of birth is different from the usual human process of child bearing.

“I can still smell the blood of Luhan on you.” Baekhyun annoyingly said and scrunched his eyebrows

"I’m sorry. I couldn’t help myself back then." Chanyeol teased before nibbling on Baekhyun’s skin; breaking his flesh for a little bit and sipping on his blood.

 Baekhyun moaned at the sensation and tilted his head a little higher. "If the Prince hears you, you’re dead.” He then warned the latter.

“Don’t worry. I won’t do that again. I’m all yours my precious Noble.” Chanyeol responds before Baekhyun’s neck in order for it to close the puncture wounds.

“Can’t you two wait after class?” Xiumin then butts in and separates the two.

“Oh come on hyung. You’re just jealous ‘cause you can’t bite Chen without him zapping you into ash.” Chanyeol teased and the next thing he knew, his head was frozen in a block of ice.

****