Chapter 5

I See You

 

 

 

JaeJoong stepped out of the bathroom, a white towel that reached just above the knees were covering the most private part of his body. He took a few steps until he reached the closet, subsequently he bents down. It showed off his smooth and pale as a milk thighs. And it instantly catches the attention of a certain someone.

 

ChangMin gulps. And then he stared down on his crotch. God if this continues. He swears mentally and tried his best not to look at such temptation. “JaeJoong... Can you puh-please dress up… fa-faster?” ChangMin requested nervously as he crossed his legs, trying his best to hide his so-called shame. 

 

“Why, ChangMin? Do you want me to help you with something?” JaeJoong asked his eyes widening after seeing how much the latter was sweating and panting so hard while he rushed to put his boxers on.

 

‘Help me with something?! GAH! This is ridiculous… ChangMin! If he sees your… your… whatever –you are done for!’ he screamed at himself. “No. Nothing’s wrong… JaeJoong don’t mind me!” ChangMin replied with a smile while he tried his best to cover and tame his growing bulge by covering it with his left hand. ‘Damn why won’t he just get on with it and dress up?! Is he torturing me or something?!’

 

JaeJoong eyed ChangMin once more. That instant, he noticed how much discomfort the taller male was feeling. “If you’re sure… ChangMin.” He continued and dubbed as he looks at the latter’s sweaty and flustered face. He moves until he was a feet away from ChangMin while wearing only his boxers, making ChangMin feel more uncomfortable.

 

“What are you doing in front of me Jae-JaeJoong?” ChangMin tried his best to stare at JaeJoong’s face and only at his face as he asked. He kept his legs crossed and his hand remains on his crotch as he did. Secretly, he wished that JaeJoong didn’t notice his continuous struggle with his… little problem.

 

JaeJoong pushed again and again. “What’s the problem?”

 

“No-no-NOTHING! JaeJoong!” He hollered then laughed in such a fake manner that JaeJoong should’ve noticed. But then the smaller male noticed that was beginning to stare at him from head to toe.

 

JaeJoong began to scan his own body. He stares at whatever ChangMin is staring, and when their eyes meet, he failed to notice ChangMin’s overly embarrassed expression. Instead he asked a “Why are you staring so much? Is there something wrong with my body ChangMin?” JaeJoong asked so innocently that ChangMin seriously wanted to slap himself for the smaller male’s insensitiveness.

 

‘Yes! Yes you insensitive there is something wrong! Your iness is driving me insane! And on top of that your innocence is killing me and I can’t do anything about it because I can’t touch you and that means I can’t corrupt you the way I want to!’ ChangMin inner diva’s screeching inside his head and he didn’t like what it said. He cringed at his own dirty thoughts. Dear Jesus, if only he could touch himself, he would… so badly want to slap his away. “No… Nothing’s wrong. Really.” Again, he lets out a series of fake laughs. “I guess… I just wish that you’d dress up faster…” He paused. Just because he noticed his JaeJoong’s pink and taunting s, making him blush. “So… so… we can maybe go to my house and I’ll let you meet my –PARENTS! I mean parents!”

 

“Sure whatever you say, ChangMin.” JaeJoong smiled at him without noticing his ual innuendoes and failed cover-ups in his –parent slip. But instead of dressing-up in a way that a normal human being would, JaeJoong did it in such a slow manner that ChangMin wants to bite his freakin’ s off.

 

It’s freaking ! Just that it’s more of the teasing and less likely to be stripping! The taller male grunted mentally as he watched JaeJoong put on his last bit of clothing. The usual, as JaeJoong calls this so called fashion statement. Which is mainly composed of a shirt, thick animal printed hoodie, jeans that hugged his thighs and legs but not so tight, and his favorite accessories of course, his ever so favorite white bonnet and red and white scarf.

 

ChangMin sighed in relief but he didn’t stand up yet… and that’s because he has to wait until his little friend subsides from being so naughtily eager. Finally, at long last, he found enough strength to stand up and face JaeJoong as if nothing naughty happened. “You ready, JaeJoong?” He asked with a toothy sneer.

 

“Let’s go!”The smaller male answered enthusiastically. He grabbed his wallet from his bedside table and rushed to the door. After almost running down the stairs, he bid goodbye then kissed both of his parents as he steps out of the house. And ChangMin was by his side all along

 

15 minutes later

 

FLASHBACK

 

“You know what Mom, someday I’m gonna find my perfect lover and when I found him I’m never letting him go!” A chubby boy with tan skin beamed at his mother as he said this proudly. His smile only widened when his mother kissed him on his right cheek.

 

“Of course my Minnie-boo-boo. You’ll find that person someday… and then you’ll live happily ever after.” Mrs. Shim gently touched her little boy’s shoulders. She then kissed ChangMin’s forehead, and soon after that she leads the little boy inside his room. “Good night, my little sweetheart.”

 

“Goodnight Mommy.” Little ChangMin replied sleepily before climbing his bed. He hugged his pillow tightly, pretending that he’s hugging a cloud. Soon enough, he closed his eyes and falls in a deep slumber.

 

END OF FLASHBACK

 

It feels as if someone was screaming so close to his face. Then he realized it was just JaeJoong. “Yah! Hey! ChangMin, are you okay?” JaeJoong waved his hand to and fro as he stands in front of ChangMin.

 

“Yes. I-of course I am… Why wouldn’t I be?” He answered with a raised brow though he was smiling.

 

“You spaced out on me! It’s not good to space out while walking without snow boots you know…” JaeJoong’s voice was filled with concern. If only ChangMin was in his own body, he would’ve pushed the other male against the cold snow just to have ChangMin’s attention back to him.

 

“Yeah…” The taller male acknowledged it. He then feels a little sheepish, and then he wondered if he should say it or now. “I just had a short flashback. You know… like those moments when I was still a kid.”

 

Suddenly, JaeJoong’s cheerful expression turned dark. His childhood wasn’t really flashback material. It’s more of a move-on and never remember this kind of memory. “Oh…”

 

‘Did I say something wrong, was it something I said?’ The taller male mused as he tried to recall the things that he said that brought such a dark expression on JaeJoong’s usually cheery smile. He continued to stare at JaeJoong who was now sporting a pout. All quiet and all, and ChangMin doesn’t like it by one bit.

 

Though instead of lingering on it, the two of them kept on walking, with ChangMin starting a new conversation that sparked JaeJoong’s interest. And thankfully, the said topic was enough to put back that smile on JaeJoong’s face. He then promised himself that he’ll never want to see that pout. Never. Never ever.

 

+++++

 

The two of them were still walking but this time there’s an awkward silent between the two of them. JaeJoong can’t seem to look at ChangMin in the eyes when the taller male mentioned that they’re only a few blocks away from the latter’s home.

 

‘Now, what seems to be the problem?’ ChangMin thought to himself. “JaeJoong…. Are you okay?” ChangMin reached out to JaeJoong, but he refrained when he recalled that he’s out of his body. If he continued then his fingers would just pass through JaeJoong. And the thought saddens him, but instead he just said “JaeJoong, why are you so quiet suddenly? Is there something wrong? Talk to me…”

 

But JaeJoong didn’t even bother to reply. The smaller male didn’t even bother to look at him…

 

With an inherited stubbornness of a Shim, ChangMin decided to ask again. “JaeJoong-ah what’s the matter you can tell me…. I’ll listen.” He reasoned with the pale teen that’s walking beside him. In a matter of seconds, JaeJoong stopped walking. His gaze diverts at ChangMin… and without noticing it himself, his tears were starting to fall. It made ChangMin stop on his tracks as well. He remained still, shocked at was he’s seeing. He tried to reach out for JaeJoong once more. And even though JaeJoong knows that ChangMin can’t touch him, he still flinched back and screamed. Tears were still continuously flowing down.

 

“So what if you have parents, you idiot! So what if you have a Mom… and… and a freaking Dad to come home to, I don’t care!” JaeJoong let’s all his frustration out in one breath as he screams and stomps his feet against the snow. He clenched his fist, and then he stared directly at ChangMin’s shaky eyes. The boy who’s standing in front of him remains frozen on the spot.

 

“You… you’re an idiot ChangMin!” JaeJoong screamed at ChangMin. Then and there, he felt it rushing in inside him. Guilt. He stared at ChangMin’s wide, unblinking eyes. As well as he stared at ChangMin’s parted lips and all in all expression that exudes confusion. It made JaeJoong bite his lips in utter embarrassment and self-loathing. He realized that he screamed and got mad at his friend without the latter doing anything that’s worth all the anger. ‘I’m such an idiot!’ JaeJoong hissed mentally as he scrambles to get away from ChangMin. He begins to run, in a pace which he hoped is fast enough to lose ChangMin.

 

“JaeJoong don’t run! It’s dangerous!” He heard ChangMin’s warning from behind but he ignored it and choose to run faster. One thing that he didn’t realize is that ChangMin is a fast runner.

 

“JaeJoong stop running right now!” ChangMin’s command sounded so demanding that JaeJoong had to look back. And because of it, he lost his footing and slipped on his own footing. But before he can stand, he couldn’t stop himself from rolling downhill.

 

A voice trailed down behind him after he stopped rolling. He realized that he was almost at the end of the hill. He was about to stand up but then he heard ChangMin screaming. “JaeJoong-ah! I’m coming! And don’t you dare runaway!” The smaller male was about to move, but then he tripped again. He simply gave up and decided to just lay there on the snow filled ground, and just as randomly, he began to make a snow angel.

 

‘What is going on with him?’ ChangMin thought as he begins to move closer to an oddball such as JaeJoong. He then noticed that JaeJoong was laying face first against the ground, and even though he tried to hide it, the smaller male’s actually shaking from the cold.

 

The moment he was close enough, he sat besides JaeJoong. He then tried to calm JaeJoong by forcing himself to sing –as awkward as the act may seem.

 

Fallin' out, fallin' in
Nothing's sure in this world no, no
Breakin' out, breakin' in
Never knowin' what lies ahead
We can really never tell it all no, no, no
Say goodbye, say hello
To a lover or friend
Sometimes we never could understand
Why some things begin then just end
We can really never tell it all no, no, no

But oh, can't you see
That no matter what happens
Life goes on and on
So baby, just/please smile
Coz im always around you
And ill make you see how beautiful
Life is for you and me

Take a little time baby
See the butterflies color's
Listen to the birds that were sent
To sing for me and you
Can you feel me
This is such a wonderful place to be
Even if there is pain now
Everything would be all right
For as long as the world still turns
There will be night and day
Can you hear me
There's a rainbow always after the rain

Ohh, whoa

Hittin' high, hittin' low
Win or lose you should go, yeah yeah
Getting warm, getting cold
Weather could be so good or bad
But baby this is life now don't get mad no, no, no

Coz oh, cant you see
That no matter what happens
Life goes on and on
So baby, please smile
Coz im always around you
And ill make you see how beautiful
Life is for you and me

Take a little time baby
See the butterflies' colors
Listen to the birds that were sent
To sing for me and you
Can you feel me
This is such a wonderful place to be
Even if there is pain now
Everything would be all right
For as long as the world still turns
There will be night and day
Can you hear me
There's a rainbow always after the rain

Life's full of challenges
Not all the time we get what we want
But don't despair my dear coz I know now
You'll take each trial and you'll make it through the storm
Coz you're strong my faith in you is clear
So ill say once again this worlds wonderful and
Let us celebrate life that's so beautiful, so beautiful
Ohhhh

Take a little time baby
See the butterflies' colors
Listen to the birds that were sent
To sing for me and you
Can you feel me
This is such a wonderful place to be
Even if there is pain now
Everything would be all right
For as long as the world still turns
There will be night and day
Can you hear me
There's a rainbow always after the rain

 

After he was done singing… just because he can no longer bear to sing more. Because he’ll die out of first hand shame if he does, he stopped and stared at JaeJoong. Thankfully JaeJoong’s breathing and is now somewhat stable. So again, the taller male asked “JaeJoong… please, get up or you’ll surely have a nasty cold tomorrow.” He warned carefully and tried to sound warm as much as he possibly can.

 

“Don’t want to!” JaeJoong rolled on his side until his back was lying against the snow. He then looks at the taller boy beside him. And then ChangMin finally saw how red JaeJoong’s nose was, and how blue his lips were. And even though he wanted to get angry, he laughed. And as surprising as it is, JaeJoong laughed with him.

 

“ChangMin-ah?” JaeJoong called out ever so gently. And it instantly caught the taller boy’s needed attention.

 

“Hmm?” ChangMin answered, his eyes never losing its contact with JaeJoong’s. He pondered on how cute the smaller boy is as he laid there on the snow. His arms spread on and his lips partly open. At the same time, JaeJoong thought of ChangMin as adorable. The said male’s sitting down while his long arms were holding his legs until his thighs touched his stomach. His chin’s resting against his knees.

 

“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to freak out on you like that…” He admits with a bashful smile, breaking the long eye contact that’s been going on for too long. He stood up, shrugged and pats and dusts off all the snow on his clothes. He then copied ChangMin’s sitting position. He lets out a tired sigh as he held it in, and then he continued to speak. “I freaked out because… because you see, my parents… they’re gone. They’re dead.”

 

ChangMin’s forehead creased at JaeJoong’s confession. His eyebrow rose in confusion, and he tries to confirm his question by asking a rushed “But you just kissed your parents goodbye at your house.”

 

JaeJoong huffed and then he lets out a loud yawn. He watched as moist and puffs of breath came out of his mouth before he answered. “They’re not my real parents. They just adopted me because Uncle Siwon is my father’s brother. My real parents died because of a car accident that happened when I was still young. That’s when Aunt Hangeng and Uncle Siwon adopted me. That made me feel… somehow… and then I became best friends with my cousin, YooChun. But then he had to leave because he wants to get married. Junsu wanted marriage you see, and so does he. So he left… and I’m all alone again.” After the long confession, JaeJoong’s eyes turned cold and dark. He buried his face in between his knees, covering himself with both of his arms right after.

 

“I’ll be here for you!” ChangMin declared with a huge grin. “I won’t ever leave you.”

 

The smaller male turned to ChangMin, a bit shocked with the taller boy’s impulsive promise. “Hmm?” He pretend that he didn’t hear anything and asked a “I didn’t catch what you said the first time…” and tried to sound as innocent as he could.

 

“I said I’ll make you happy… and that I’ll never, ever leave you… with TaeMin and Minho and with the others too… You’re never alone. And you’ll never be alone again.” ChangMin looked so serious. His words were warm and comforting and it made JaeJoong smiled so silly.

 

“Thank you ChangMin!” JaeJoong was just so happy, he jumped up and hugged ChangMin, completely forgetting that the taller boy’s just a soul. He realized this too late, his body was already passing through ChangMin’s own. And then his face landed on the cold snow covered grown, some of the snow entered his nose. “GAH! So-so Fi-fe-freaking cold!” JaeJoong stuttered and shivered as he sneezed because of the snow on his nose. It made ChangMin laugh like crazy, but JaeJoong didn’t mind it all. The taller boy’s laughter made JaeJoong feel happy and contented as it is.

 

“I swear when you get back on your body I’ll hug you so tight that you won’t be able to breathe!” JaeJoong swore with a pout, then he stuck his tongue at as ChangMin continued to laugh.

 

“I’ll remember that!” The taller male answered as he stands up and waited for JaeJoong to the same. After all that, they begin to walk together again. 

 

 

 

_______________________________

 

 

I'm so sorry for such a late update... ;AAA;

PUH-LEASE DON'T HATE OR KILL ME>.... ;AAA;

And comments.... I love comments... ahohohohoho~ ;D