My Dorky Spawn Of The Devil's Little Brother

Best Friends Forever

Breakfast went by with laughter despite Jinki's still nursing his hangover. His two housemates looked extremely concerned about whether he was just putting on a strong front, but truth be told, he wasn't. Taemin was acting as if nothing had happened at all, pulling jokes and acting so naturally silly that Jinki got pulled along at the younger's pace. With each laugh that Taemin got out of Jinki, it was almost as if each upset thought of his had simply vaporized along with it. The thoughts were still there at the back of his mind, but with Taemin constantly distracting him with strange antics, it was almost as if he had no time to ponder over them. 

Their afternoon was spent slightly more mellowed down. With Jinki laying on Taemin's lap to rest his throbbing head, the two watched a movie in the common area. The duo tended to give their own commentaries to movies that they watch - so much that they'd be a nuisance to anyone else who dares to join them. Yet, it was because of that that made it difficult for either of them to watch movies with anyone else apart from one another. No one else seem to understand their jokes. As was expected, Jonghyun and Kibum had made up some excuse to leave the two alone in the living room while they went back into their room. However, it was because they were left in the privacy of each other's company that Taemin touched on the topic he hadn't realize was sensitive. 

"Watching the movie with Minho hyung wasn't quite as fun," he says idly, twirling his fingers through Jinki's hair. Jinki tensed up for a moment, but when he processes the meaning of those words, he felt his heart flutter. 

"Was it that bad?" Jinki dared to ask softly. He watched Taemin roll his eyes. 

"He's a nice guy, I'll give him that. But urg, he kept treating me like a girl. If paying for everything and taking away my wallet wasn't bad enough, isn't it general knowledge by now that every marvel movie must be watched till the end even after the creditsarrow-10x10.png roll?" Taemin complained. "I didn't get to watch the final cutscene yesterday because he kept insisting that we go." Jinki laughs at the way Taemin pouted. 

"It's okay; we can go and watch it again," Jinki offered. "You know, with added commentaries from yours truly." 

"Oh yes, please," Taemin agreed. "I really missed you yesterday. Didn't think I would, but our hang out session got cut short, and I don't usually watch movies with anybody else but you, you know that, right? It felt strange having someone sit next to you but not having that someone to laugh at the same stuff as I do." 

"Yea, I know what you mean. I... Yesterday..." Jinki sighed, thinking over how to phrase his words. "I'm sorry about yesterday." Taemin paused, looking down to face Jinki's embarrassed expression. It was then that Jinki could clearly read the worry that etched on the younger's face. Jinki felt a pit of regret bubble in his tummy. He has made so many people worry over him yesterday. 

"No, hyung. I'm sorry I wasn't here for you," Taemin sighed. "But, are you feeling better now? Is everything alright now?" Jinki nods his head lightly on Taemin's lap with a small smile. 

"I'm feeling much better now. Thanks for coming over, it really means a lot to me even though I may not express it well. I don't think I would have had the energy to laugh as hard as I did over breakfast if you weren't here," Jinki confessed. "I really appreciate it." 

"I'm glad I could be of help; but next time, call me whenever you want. I'll drop everything and come over if need be, and if that's not possible at least I can be there to listen to you whine or complain however much you'd like. You can even just call me to cry if you want; I wouldn't mind at all. I just really wish I could have been here for you yesterday too. You're my best friend, hyung. You know you can depend on me anytime, right?" Taemin comforted, his fingers still gently combing back Jinki's long fringe away from his eyes. 

"Yea, I know," Jinki replies in a small whisper. "Thank you, Taemin-ah, I'm really grateful that you are around. It's just..." Jinki sighs softly, opening his mouth to speak again, but it was as if he was afraid of voicing them out. Finallyarrow-10x10.png gathering the courage, he speaks, "I'm sorry. I lied to you yesterday. There was no family emergency. I... It was something else, and even though I felt horrible lying to you, it was not something that I felt comfortable sharing with anyone... I just needed to tell you that it wasn't that I didn't trust you; I just had other reasons why I couldn't and can't tell you, and I'm really sorry for having to hide it from you even though you've been so worried for me."

"It's okay, hyung," Taemin soothed in a heartbeat, not even baring the thought of being upset with Jinki. "It's okay. I understand. You don't have to apologize so hard over something like that. You don't have to tell me what it's about if you don't want to, I'll still want to be here for you even if I don't know what's makingarrow-10x10.png you so down... You've been feeling really bad about it, haven't you?" Taemin asked gently. "But you have already apologized to me yesterday in your sleep so I have already long forgiven you since then." Jinki just chuckled lightly. 

"What did I say yesterday?" He asked calmly, not at all like how his insidesarrow-10x10.png were a jumbled mess of panic over the thought of him unknowingly confessing in his sleep. 

"Nothing much. You just kept calling my name and repeating that you were sorry over and over again," Taemin answered, leaving out the part where Jinki had asked him not to go so as not to further embarrass the already blushing man laying on his lap. 

"You know, Taem?" Jinki paused, turning back to look at the television so that he wouldn't have to face Taemin. "You can be a total dork and the spawn of the devil's little brother at times, but... I'm really glad that you're my little dorky spawn of the devil’s little brother.”