I'm Your Dork

Best Friends Forever

 

Welcome to the chapter of my lame-o jokes. Ding Ding Ding, you got it right, this is the one crack chapter I mentioned about. I had fun writing it, but sometimes my jokes are a little... 

Oh well, hope you enjoy nonetheless. 


 

 

When morning rolls around, Taemin blinks awake to the same scene he had fallen asleep to - that of the sleeping face of Lee Jinki. Although he had gone to bed later than the elder, it seemed like the alcohol had done a good job in knocking Jinki out cold, and he remain fast asleep longer than he usually would. Taemin picked off the towel he had left around Jinki's neck the night before, and made his way to the bathroom to wash up before the elder awakes.

Jinki wakes up in a less dignified manner, his head pounding against his ears, his entire body aching, and damn, his bladder feels like it's going to burst. He kicks off the comforter restlessly and rolls off the bed, whining and groaning all the way. He stumbles to his feet, barely squinting his eyes open against the strong throbbing of his head, and spots the painkiller set on his bedside table. He whines again as he clumsily grabs the pill with his entire hand, gathering it up on his palm before popping it into his mouth. He grabs the glass of water and takes a gulp to swallow down the pill but immediately regrets the action because he is reminded once again of his urgent need for the bathroom.

"Whyyyyy," he complains, scolding himself for his own stupidity. Setting the glass back down, he fumbles and tumbles towards the bathroom, colliding with the wall numerous number of times while he continues to complain to himself things like 'how did you even think this was a bad idea, Jinki?' or 'what has my life come to, urggg,' or 'my pee is gonna shoot out with as much pressure as a fire hose; god why isn't the toilet closer?'

Eventually, he reaches the bathroom and pushes the door open. Without much thought, he pulls his boxers down to empty his bladder, not taking note of the sound of the shower running in the same room. Instead, he goes on to whine to himself. "This is why I hate drinking. Urg, I should have settled with the movies, why did I seek the damn alcohol? Nng... My head is killing me, I wanna dieeee. Alcohol is the bane of all existence, I tell 'ya."

It takes him awhile to finish his business, pull up his boxers and flush the bowl. Turning on the tap, he takes his own sweet time to wash his hands while still mumbling to himself. Finally, it seems the younger could stand it no more as he peeks his head around the shower curtain and calls out. "Hyung."

"AHHH!" Jinki screams in surprise, jumping away from the sink and clutching against the wall for protection. "HOLY MACARONI! WHAT IN THE LIVING HELL?!"

Despite the stiff situation, with Taemin completely behind the shower curtain, and Jinki staring at him with shell-shocked eyes, the younger couldn't hold back his laughter. "Oh my-... Ahahaha! I- I didn't mean to scare you but-... Hahaha, you should have seen your face, hyung!"

"T-Taemin?! Wh-what...? Wh-why are you here? How long have you been here?! WERE YOU SPYING ON ME?!" Jinki covers his clothed chest with his arms as if feeling exposed. Taemin just continues laughing hysterically, unable to stop himself as he bows over while clutching tightly to the shower curtain that is covering for his ness.

"Hey, hyung," he finally managed to speak through his laughter. "I should be asking you that question, or do you want to join me in the shower, hmm?"

"What?! I-I..." Jinki sputtered, only now taking a real look at Taemin hiding behind the curtain that shadowed his figure's shape, and he proceeds to blush beetroot. As quickly as he could, he turns his head to look away but the action emphasizes the pounding in his head. "Ahh... Stupid hangovers..." he mumbles and Taemin simply sniggers behind him.

"Shut up, you," Jinki mockingly scolds. "Or I'll really come and invade your shower time," he threatens.

"Ohhh," Taemin mocks back. "You're more than welcomed to." Jinki hears the sound of the shower curtain being drawn back and he hurriedly cover his eyes with his palms.

"I WAS JOKING! I'M LEAVING! DRAW THOSE CURTAINS BACK, YOU LITTLE PIECE OF !" Jinki scrambles out of the way, walks into the door once before finally escaping the evils of Lee Taemin who has taken the reigns over his bathroom. Once he closes the door, he shouts back to the echoes of Taemin's laughter, "YOU'RE THE SPAWN OF THE DEVIL'S LITTLE BROTHER, I'M TELLING YOU! YOU'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO BE THE DEVIL'S CHILD!"

"That would make me the spawn of an angel, hyung!" Taemin pointed out, with his hysterical laughter following after.

"Urggg!" Jinki groaned, kicking the wall in frustration. "Ouch!... What on earth am I doing?!" Jinki decides he should stop being stupid, and get some food to fill his  rumbling tummy. He leaves his room mumbling complains to himself, only this time, it's about that spawn of the devil's little brother whom had positively scared the drowsiness out of him.

"What was that all about?" Jonghyun's teasing tone greets as Jinki enters the common area.

"Goddamn Lee Taemin, that's what," Jinki mumbles and Jonghyun simply laughs. Jinki enters the kitchen to see Kibum cooking up some eggs for breakfast and he greets nasally. "Morning Kibum."

"M-morning, hyung," Kibum greets back nervously, still not over Jinki's outburst from the previous day. Jinki pauses his footsteps towards the refrigerator and veers his direction back to the younger instead. Stepping towards the younger, Jinki reaches up to ruffle Kibum's bowed head of hair.

"I'm sorry about yesterday," he apologized. Kibum peeked up at Jinki hesitantly.

"Ar-are you feeling better now, hyung?" he asked.

"Much better. Thanks, Kibum," Jinki responded with a gentle smile.

"Um... I'm sorry too, for yesterday," Kibum mumbles nervously.

"Don't worry, it wasn't your fault," Jinki smiles at Kibum again, and this time the younger smiles back shyly.

"Jonghyun bought home chicken for you yesterday. We left some for you in the fridge," Kibum offers, figuring what Jinki came to the kitchen for.

"Chicken?" Jinki seemed to brighten up just at that thought. "Thanks Jjong!" he calls over his shoulder before making his way over to retrieve his favorite dish. But before he could even heat up the meat, he hears a too familiar voice calling for him.

"Hyung! Jinki Hyuuuunggg!" Taemin's voice echoes from the depths of his room. Jinki playfully ignores the younger as punishment for earlier, and continues to pop his chicken into the microwave. "Jinkiiiii! Hyungniiim! Yonggam-nim! Baby Jinki! Dubu Jinki! Tokki Jinki! Dubu Onew!"

"Aish, this kid," Jinki hisses once the younger starts picking up embarrassing nicknames his mother used to call him as a child. "What do you want, Ttaemiri(towel)-sshi?" Jinki teased back, using Taemin's childhood nickname.

"I need clothes!" Taemin demanded more than requested, knowing that Jinki would take no offense to that.

"Wear the floor mat as a cape," Jinki instructed jokingly although he had already started his way back to his room to get some clothes for the said boy.

"Okay!" came the reply.

Taking it as a meaningless joke, Jinki didn't expect to enter his room to face a Taemin with his towel wrapped around his waist and the a face towel pulled over his shoulders.

"What the-" Jinki blurted out in stunned surprise. "Buahahahhaa! What are you doing?!"

"What?" Taemin smirked. "You told me to wear it as a cape, didn't you? The floor mat was kinda disgusting, so I found a substitute."

"You're such a dork, you know that?" Jinki laughed. He dug out a shirt and a pair of shorts, throwing it at Taemin. "Here, go change and come out for breakfast."

"Hey, hyung?" Taemin called out before Jinki could exit the room. Jinki turns around to face Taemin once again.  "I may be a dork... but I'm your dork," he winks and struts back into the bathroom.

"You're just an ," Jinki teased, but he couldn't hold back the large grin on his face, as if all sorrows of the day before had just vanished into thin air.


 

 


Fun fact! When I first wrote this, the word dork was actually written as idiot because that is how my bestfriend and I "insult" each other like: you're such an idiot, you know that? But then after much consideration, I figured that it may not be the right word to use in consideration of those who actually do have mental disabilities in regards to their learning abilities and that was why I changed it. 

Anyway, the next chapter would be the last, and I want to remind you once again that it would seem to be an abrupt end. I reread it again myself and yea, I'm going to keep it that way. So till then, ciaos.