chapter one

The Evolution of Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

chapter one
nice to meet you - g.na & wheesung

“I can’t believe you’re making me do this.” You grumbled with your arms crossed as you stood in front of a small building, side by side with your father. He threw an arm around your shoulder wearing a cheeky grin on his face.

“Oh c’mon sport, it’ll be fun!” He exclaimed enthusiastically, with a wide smile plastered on his face. “And besides, you’ll know how to kick .”

You laughed at his last comment as you peaked inside the building and saw a bunch of kids wearing thick white robes practicing their punching and kicking. Your father made you sign up for some martial arts class so you can, and I quote, “learn how to defend yourself”.  You thought was a stupid idea, but nonetheless listened to him anyway because you were an angel of a daughter. And also because he wouldn’t take no for an answer and would’ve dragged you all the way to the class by your leg.

You turned a 180 and quickly replaced your smile with a frown, “But Daaaad!” You whined, “It’s a bunch of little kids! I don’t want to be the only 18 year old in the class!”

He just let out a laugh and ruffled your hair, “And that’s why I signed you up for the next class, which is all teens, you’re very welcome.”

Rolling your eyes, you mumbled something along the lines of “You’re unbelievable”, hoping that your father hadn’t heard it. But unfortunately he did, and you knew when he put in a head lock in just a blink of an eye.

“You already agreed to this, sport! You can’t back out now!!” He told you as he tightened his grip on you.

Parents that were waiting for their children’s lesson to be over started at you and your father like you two were crazy. You honestly didn’t care because you were used to the embarrassment and you main priority was to be able to breathe right now.

“Dad!” You somehow managed to choke out as you brought your hands to his arms, trying to pull them off of your neck. “Let go, I c-can’t breathe!”

Your father let out an evil laugh before letting you go, “See? If you take this class, you’ll be able to get out of that.”

“Whatever,” You scoffed and rolled your eyes once more. “And I’ll have you know, I only agreed because you threatened to cancel my credit card!”

He grinned proudly, “One of the reasons why I love being a parent.”

You were going to reply some witty comment back to your dad, but you got cut off by the door slamming open, which made you jump in shock. A bunch of little kids came running out, laughing and happily conversing with each other, talking about the new karate moves or whatever they had just learned. Your dad let out and excited squeal, which weirded you out since you have never heard that kind of noise come out of your dad’s mouth before.

“Look like it’s time for your classes!”

You groaned before turning to him, your hands formed as if you were praying, and your knees bent just a little, since it would’ve been too embarrassing to actually go on your knees. “Please don’t make me do this, I’ll do anything!”

“Ha, nice try kiddo but you already agreed and I already paid 3 months of lessons in advance, since I had a feeling you would want to back out last minute.” You father said, very confidently, with a smirk on his face.

“But-“

“Now go!” Before I really drag you in, because you know I will.” He spoke as he spun you around and pushed you towards the entrance.

You forcefully dragged your feet into the building and looked back at him with a pout. The man was just waving at you with a big smile on his face, “See you later, sport! Call me when you’re finished so I can come and pick you up.”

Seeing how happy he looked made you smile. You decided that you’d do this for him and that maybe martial arts class wouldn’t be so bad. You laughed and waved back at him, “Alright, see you later!” And with that you both turned around and went your separate ways.

You entered the room that had a sign that read “Martial Arts Class” on it. You thought you were the first to arrive, but as soon as you stepped into the room you saw a bunch of boys your age in those thick white robes you saw the little kids wearing earlier. You were slightly confused on where they got them from and wondered if you were supposed to bring your own. You dad didn’t mention anything regarding that. You stood by the door awkwardly, not sure on what to do next.

“You look a little lost.” A voice suddenly said, making you jump a little out of shock. You turned around and saw a boy with light brown hair, probably a few years older than you, standing there with a smirk on his face. He chuckled at your cute reaction before slowly walking towards you.

You widened your eyes as you watched him slowly move towards you, “I-I, um,” You stammered, taking a few steps back. “W-was I supposed to bring my own white robe thingy?” You asked in a quiet voice, looking down at your feet, too intimidated to make eye contact with the boy.

To your surprise, the boy let out a laugh. He immediately clasped his hand over his mouth when he realized that he had laughed a little too loud. You shot him a small glare. Was he making fun of you?

“Why are you laughing?” You asked him in an icy tone, which shocked him a bit since you looked so shy and scared 5 seconds ago. You watched as he nodded his head towards something behind you, and following his gaze you spotted a clothing rack that had many of those white robes hung on hangers. Almost immediately you felt your ears turn pink in embarrassment. That was the thing about you, when you felt embarrassed or shy, your ears turned pink, not your cheeks, which was kind of okay since you can hid it with your hair.

“Oh, I-I knew that, pft.” You quickly turned around and walked towards the clothing rack. You heard the boy yell out after you, “And it’s called a Karategi!”

You didn’t turn around and reply to hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter