chapter four

The Evolution of Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

chapter four
I think i'm in love - juniel

 

"So.... where are you taking me?" You hesitantly asked Baekhyun, who has been driving you for 15 minutes without even saying or hinting on to where he was taking you. You were pretty sure that your friends were very curious about why Baekhyun was at your school, and why he picked you up. You wanted to text Jongdae to let him know that you were fine, but Baekhyun made you turn off your phone so there wouldn't be any distractions when you are with him. You didn't know why he wanted to spend time with you in the first place, but you would be lying if you said you didn't want to spend time with him. You were honestly really nervous right now, since this was the first time in a while that you were spending alone time with a boy, that wasn't your dad, Jongdae or Kyungsoo.

You watched him shrug, "I don't know." He spoke in all honesty, his eyes locked onto the road in front of him with a little smile on his face.

Raising an eyebrow you slowly repeated his words, "You don't know?"

He just laughed, his eyes turning into cresents. "Well, what do you feel like doing? Are you craving anything specific?"

You grinned sheepishly, "Well~ there is one thing I've been craving for a while now."

The car stopped for it was a red light, and Baekhyun tore his eyes away from the road and turned his head to look at you. "And that is?"

"Bubble tea." You smiled shyly at him, a bit embarrassed about your teenage cravings, afraid he was going to tease you for craving that out of all the different foods and drinks in the world. But to your surprised, he smiled back at you.

"Great, I love bubble tea." He said, before pressing on the gas again once the light turned green.

"Yay!" You cheered happily, and he let out a laugh at your cute reaction.

Baekhyun drove for another few minutes, and you struck up a casual conversation with him, feeling surprisingly comfortable around him, which was unusual for you since you were always shy and awkward around people you just met. He was really easy to talk to though, making it much easier for you. Whenever you would shy away or when there would be an awardly silence (to you, at least), he would always come up with something interesting to say. He made you feel like you've know him for a while already, and you were honestly having a fun time with him already, even though it was just the two of you talking in his car. He then ended up taking you to a bubble tea shop that you've never been to before, and you never knew it existed even though it was pretty close from your school.

"The best bubble tea in the city." He grinned at you as the two of you walked into the cafe.

You scanned the place and couldm't help but think how cute the place looked. It was neat looking inside with white walls and cream colored furniture. The place has a homey and cozy vibe to it that made you feel at ease. There were shelves by the walls that held many types of books and picture frames with beautiful photography in it.

"Wow," You cooed. "It's so nice in here. How have I never been here before?"

Baekhyun chuckled as he approached the front counter, scanning the menu that was held above. "What do you want?"

You took the empty space that was beside him, also scanning the menu. "Hmm, I'll have a regular milk tea with boba." You excitedly because you haven't had bubble tea in a while. He laughed at your actions and asked, "Are you sure you just want a regular?"

Shrugging, you smiled at him, "I'm plain and boring. How about you?"

"I'll just have a Taro milk tea with boba." He leaned down closer to you before whispering, "It's my favorite." You laughed and was about to take out your money and hand  it to the cashier, but Baekhyun was quick in stopping you. "Don't." He shook his head before smiling at you. "My treat."

"But-" You couldn't even speak, because the boy already handed over his money. Another employee that was working behind the cashier came over and handed you two the drinks.

Completely ignoring your pout, Baekhyun beamed at the sight of his drink. "Wow, that was fast!" He grinned and thanked the worker before turning around the find a place to sit, which was by the window. As he sat down across from you, he finally took notice of your facial expression and laughed.

"What's wrong?" He asked, still chuckling.

You quickly took a sip of your drink before answering him, "I was totally capable of paying for myself. You didn't have to do that, you know."

He shrugged, "Yeah, but I wanted to."

"But why?" You furrowed your eyebrows at him.

"Because I like you." He grinned.

Feelling your heart beat faster, you stared at him with wide eyes and your mouth slightly open, not knowing what to say or do. He was doing it again.

He laughed at your reaction to his words before taking a sip of his drink and winking at you, which made your heart beat even faster. You finally snapped out of it and looked away, feeling frustrated that he was always doing this to you. By little words and actions, he had the ability to make you feel something you've haven't felt in a while.

"Next time, I'm paying for myself, okay?" You told him, trying your very best to pretend as if his words and actions from 5 seconds ago didn't affect you, even though you were positive that you were failing.

"Great," He grinned from ear to ear. "That means that there will be a next time." You mentally facepalmed yourself since you basically set yourself up for that one. "But you know, the reason why I picked you up from school was because I want to get to know you better." He spoke again.

"You want to what?" You asked him, a bit shocked.

He chuckled, "I want to get to know you better. I mean, we barely know anything about each other, so why not learn?"

You wanted to asked him why, but you already know his response. "Because I like you." And you didn't want your mind to get all confused again. You really didn't want to overthink anything, but was it possible that he does like you? Or was he just teasing you and doesn't really mean it?

You awkwardly cleared your throat, "Y-Yeah, I guess so."

Baekhyun then leaned his elbow on the table in front of him and rested his chin on the palm of his hand. He curiously examined you, making you feel very self cautious.

"W-what?" You asked, curling a strand of hair behind your ear, exposing your red and embarrassed ear.

He chuckled softly before asking, "Do you always order regular boba? Or do you feel like rebelling sometimes and order another flavor?"

You almost laughed out loud at his random comment that eased the awkward atmosphere that was building up. "What?" You asked him, taken back a little from the randomness.

"This is me trying to get to know you." He explained with a boyish grin of his face.

You let out a giggle before answering, "Yes. I don't think I've ever tired another flavor before... I just always order a regular milk tea."

He closed his eyes and groaned, "Oh, no, that is not good. You're missing out!" He then took his drink and held it out to you, "Here, try it."

You blushed at the immidate thought of indirecting kissing him and shook your head, "O-Oh, no thank you. I'm fine."

Rolling his eyes, Baekhyun brought the drink closer to your mouth, "Come on Sohee, you don't know what you're missing out on! It's really good, I promise."

"But I still have to finish mine and-"

"Just drink it." He spoke, slightly getting annoyed about how stubborn you were. "I think you'll like it." He added with a grin on your face.

Defeated, you gave in a took a sip of his drink. Baekhyun smiled and took his drink back, sipping the straw as well, not seeming to care about the indirect kiss the two of you just shared. He looked at you in anticipation and wonder, "So? How is it?"

You nodded your head and smiled, "It's really good." You admitted.

"Ah, see?" He chuckled. "I told you you'd like it."

"Guess you were right." You laughed. You secretly really liked it and wanted to drink some more, but you held yourself back from asking him if you could sip his drink again.

"So next time we go out, you'll order it?" He asked.

You forcely ignored the words 'go out' and chuckled, "I don't think it's to that extent."

He titled his head to the side a little, not believing your words. "Ey, come on now. I know you want some more of my drink. You keep glancing at it." He let out a laugh.

Feeling flustered you scoffed, "W-What? No, I don't!"

Baekhyun laughed once more before stealing your drink out of your hand and replacing it with his. "Why don't we switch? So that I can be plain and boring like you."

You held back your smile, "Plain and boring? I remember you saying that you thought I was interesting." You smiled at him coyly as you drank out of his straw.

He drank your drink as well and grinned, "Ooh, you got me this time."

Baekhyun stared at you with a smile as you laughed, covering your mouth shyly with your hand. Once you caught his gaze your laughter slowly died down and you started to get all shy again. Your heart beated faster under his gaze, but you couldn't get yourself to look away. "You know, you look really beautiful when you laugh." He suddenly spoke.

"O-Oh," You were taken back from his blunt words and started to feel nervous, not knowing what to say. You curled your hair behind your ear, revealing it's redness once again. "T-Thank you."

He chuckled before sipping your drink again, "You should do it more often."

You just

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter