Healed

Healed

“I NEED TO SEE LAY NOW!” Haneul screamed from the door across the practice room. Her milky-white skin turned red as she narrowed her eyes to the bunch of guys sitting together on the floor at one corner of the room.

 

“Yo Haneul-noona!” One boy with brown hair named Baekhyun greeted her.

 

“Where is he?” Haneul commanded, her voice shook the whole studio.

 

“Who?” She heard one voice said.

 

“Yixing! Where is Yixing?” she called to his name, short and clear.

 

“Here!” After few seconds, brown-haired Lay raised his hand amidst of the twelve boys who were sitting closely together. He stood up and stayed there, glancing at Haneul.

 

“Come!”  She demanded him to come outside the practice room indicating that she wanted to have private talk. Haneul waited for Lay to walk to her and she grabbed him by his wrist, dragging him outside.

 

Behind the closed door, in the empty and dark hallway, they both stood facing each other. Haneul looked at Lay with a serious look.

 

“What’s up, Haneul? You look so serious!” Lay narrowed his eyes to his favourite girl, giving her a confused look.

 

“THIS IS SERIOUS!” She widened her eyes to him, her voice raised. She wondered if she should talk to him about this now. She noticed beads of perspiration on his forehead; she realized that he probably was having a short break after practicing.

 

“Whoa, whoa calm down. Tell me about it,”

 

‘This can’t wait.’ She thought alone. She sighed, her eyes looking directly at Lay.

 

Haneul took a deep breath before she began, “Lay-ah… Yixing-ah, actually… I don’t know how to say this,” She trailed her words as she turned around, her back facing Lay. “Your medical examination results were released this morning and… the doctor said your health is getting worse.”

 

“Nothing new.” Lay said. He smiled again. “It always has been like that, one day it’s worst, one day it’s good. No worries, Haneul, I’ll take care of myself more after this. I’ll start taking the medicine Suho recommend me—“
 

 

“He said you need to stop what you are doing.” She interrupted him. That was the highlight of this matter.

 

“What?” Lay muttered, grabbing Haneul on her shoulder from behind, beckoning her to face him. She did not turn around yet, she needed to finish her last word.

 

“He said, it’s not too late for you to start your recovery process. He asked you to focus on your health first.”

 

Silent. No response from Lay, which made Haneul turned around. Her eyes teared up when she saw dumbfounded and shocked Lay, looking at her.

 

“I don’t get you, Haneul.” His eyes were full of fear and doubt. He knew what she was talking about but he was afraid to face it and doubtful to believe it, “What do you mean by stop? Stop what?”

 

“Lay-ah…” She called out to him, trying as hard as she can to fight her tears. She knew it would be hard to explain this to Lay, she knew it would be hard  for him to go through this but she didn’t know that controlling her emotions when she sees the man she loves break down would be harder. At times like this, Lay needs strong people around him so if she cried, he will be weaker.

 

He shot her a look, not wanting to understand, wanting her to not say anything that he doesn’t want to listen to.

 

“You need to stop this. All of this.” She bit her lips, her sob stuck on , threatening to come out, “Singing, dancing, all of this.”

 

He sighed, palming his face with his two hands, "Don't overreact, Im Haneul."

 

“I know it’s going to be hard, Lay but you have to…”

 

“I won’t stop, Haneul. You know, too. This is all I dreamed of. I came this far, I won’t stop now, no, I can’t stop now.” He finally spoke out, eyes fixed on the solid ground. “Those things are the reasons I want to continue living for, Haneul. Please don’t take those from me, Haneul.”

 

“Lay-ah, this is so urgent, YOU HAVE TO STOP! Your health is on the line, Lay.” Haneul shook Lay’s shoulder, “Look at me.”

 

Lay looked at her, right into her eyes. Haneul saw lines of disappointment, sorrow and shock in his eyes. Not to mention, his eyes turned red probably because his tear glands started to generate his precious beads.

 

“You must stop. This is not for us, this is for your sake, Lay-ah,” Haneul’s hands reached for his cheeks, "Please..."

 

Lay grabbed Haneul’s hands which were cupping his cheeks, pulled it down and put them in his grasps, “I am so sorry but I can’t. You know I can’t, Haneul,”

 

“Lay!” Haneul looked at him in the eyes, “Don’t you understand? YOUR HEALTH IS ON THE LINE!”

 

“Haneul, I told you I will take care myself more after this! I swear!” Lay convinced; his eyes full of determination and promise.

 

“I don’t care! We’re heading back to China by next week and I am going along with you to makesure. I’ll call your mum tonight, she’ll agree with me, I am sure.”

 

 “Haneul-ah… Don’t do this to me. You said you love me,” Lay caressed Haneul’s hands which were in his grab.

 

“Yes, of course! I do! I still do! We all do, Xing! We all love you! That’s why… Because we love you, you have to stop. We care about you. You know it too, if anything bad happen to you, I cannot imagine what I would do…”

 

“Han—“

 

The girl interrupted, knowing Lay would proceed with his protest. “Stop being selfish. You know what will happen to the 11 boys inside if something bad happen to you," Haneul pointed to the studio door, signaling she was actually referring to the EXO members, "And your fans, too. What would they feel if something unpleasant happened to their favourite person when in fact it was because of that person’s selfish decision?”

 

She continued to give Lay hint of consequence that would happen if he denies her request. “Don’t even think about this. Just stop, Lay. I am going to tell the others and the producers, I am sure the fans will understand as well."

 

Lay took away his hand from hers and walked away, his head down, his eyes fixed on the ground.

 

“Lay-ah…” Haneul called out, “Please?”

 

Lay shook his head a bit and disappeared to the practice room, joining the rest of his friends.

 

---

Haneul who was sitting on the cafeteria who was arranging EXO’s upcoming schedules was suddenly approached by Suho.

 

“Haneul.” The boy started.

 

She smiled to the leader of the group that is under her management. “Hey, Suho. Have a seat.” 

 

“Haneul-ah. Do you have something that you want to tell me?” Suho settled himself on the chair opposite of Haneul. “Haneul, what’s wrong with Lay? Since you talked to him this afternoon, he keeps on dancing. You and I know what that means right?” Suho asked, concerned.

 

Lay Zhang Yixing, a tough guy. He, who, dances his heart all day and night whenever he feels down and frustrated. Zhang Yixing, the innocent guy whose smile as beautiful as moonbeam, with the deep dimple he owns. Lay, the dancer, who appreciate dancing art more than anyone else, the one who knows when to have the real move and when to not.

 

"That he dances when he's upset? Of course, I know Suho." She nodded slowly, her facial expression hardened, "Suho-yah, I have something to tell you but I am not sure if I can.”
 

 

“Are you speaking on behalf of Im Haneul, the manager of EXO or as Im Haneul, our best girl friend?”

 

“Both.” She sighed. “I know I should not hide anything from you guys from the first place but I am not sure if you guys are ready for this piece of news.”

 

Suho placed his hand on Haneul’s, “Haneul, Lay is not only my fellow member but now he is part of me. He is my best friend, Haneul. Please, do tell me.”

 

“Junmyeon-ah…" She changed the way she addressed him, more as a friend tham a manager. You must remember when you and I brought Lay to the hospital for full body check last month, right?”

 

Suho nodded. Now his face turned sour. He can detected it; something is wrong with Lay’s health condition.

 

“Well, the results were released this morning. I was called by the doctor to see him as soon as possible and he also told me to bring Lay along,” Haneul looked down and sighed before she continued, “but since you guys had schedule this morning, I went alone.”

 

Suho held in his breath for few seconds, because he knew something unpleasant was coming up.

 

“When I went to the doctor, he told me that Lay’s health condition is getting worse.” Haneul informed.

 

Her mind flashed back the tense situation happened at 9.30 that morning and words flowed out of narrating back the story to the black-haired leader in front of her.

 

‘Mr. Zhang's condition is not well. I expected this even during the checkup. The fatigue that builds up won’t contribute anything for faster recovery. I suggest he should rest. The fatigue he got from his irregular working schedule and sleeping pattern would give bad effects to his health condition. He should also stop giving his waist and pelvic area too much stress,’ the doctor with the nametag Kim Han Guk spoke to Haneul on Lay’s health. The pen on his hand pointed few things on the paper that was laid on the table.

 

'Doctor, those are really the unavoidables in his occupation. He is an artist, he works until late at night for shoots. He is a dancer, he uses all his body parts to move.' Haneul explained to the doctor, hoping he will change his words. It was as though Haneul thought Lay's health condition can be regulated freely by the doctor and that he can change his decision about Lay's condition right away.

 

‘Haneul-sshi, his condition is not fine to begin with… therefore, adding up fatigue will definitely worsen it. If these activities continue then, I’m afraid, the consequences are not so good.'

 

The girl ran her hand through her hair, sighing in despair. Just how will she tell Lay this piece of news?

 

She took a deep breath, asking another question to see if there's hope for Lay to get better.'If he were to rest, how much years you think he needs to recover?’

The doctor turned grim,

‘Looking at his conditions now, I would say 2 to 3 years. Well, we are aware of his long-term illness; thus his body needs proper rest at regular interval everyday. I am suggesting 2 to 3 years also because of his waist problem. He overworked them these past few years and he told me, he never rest for more than 2 days. Mr. Zhang is experiencing Trochanteric Bursitis. His hips condition might get even worser.”

 

'What is Trocha- what is that disease? Is it serious?' Haneul gave up pronouncing the illness's name.

 

The doctor gave a small smile, "Don't worry, Ms. Haneul. This is not a serious illness, this is only inflammation on his hips. And it is a treatable but it requires time. But the pain due to inflammation thus can affect his daily life activities, he can feel pain during climbing the stairs, when sittting with his legs crossed, when standing for a long time and even when sitting for a long time!"

 

Haneul gasped silently, "Oh my poor Xing..."

 

"There is a swelling on the right side of Mr. Zhang's hips and you can help him by making sure he is doing his ice treatment every day. But it's better to reduce the symptoms as soon as possible before the Bursitis reaches the phase where surgery is needed.'

 

‘All right, doctor, I’ll talk about this to him.’ Haneul took his words slowly to her brain. She is finally convinced that the only method to save Lay is to let him rest.

 

‘It's not too late for him to start his recovery process but we need urgent action, Haneul-sshi.’

 

‘I understand doctor.’ Haneul nodded. She needs to bring Lay home.

 

Back in the cafe, sitting across Haneul, Suho's head drooped as well his mood, "No wonder Lay was so down.”

 

"Please don't tell the others first." Haneul looked at the leader in the eyes, "Lay should tell this to the rest himself. I am telling you because you and I have to cooperate."

 

"For what?"

 

"To bring Lay home." Haneul said in determination.

---

Dinner time arrived finally.

The other EXO boys were already out for dinner at the cafeteria. Only Sehun stayed back in the dance studio because he had stomachache. Only then he realized Lay's peculiar behaviour. 

 

"Hyung, let's sit down." Sehun, the youngest tried to ask Lay to sit down. His face was full of worry and anxiety. Lay was doing it again; dancing until he's beat.

 

Sehun thought alone, 'This is not good for his hip.' He remembered the last time Lay did the dancing all night thing and the next day, he was rushed to the hospital since he was in too much pain in his hip. Sehun shook his head, praying hard that it won't happened again.

 

"Hyung." Sehun tried again, "Let's go out for awhile. Let's have samgyeopsal that you crave now. It's on me." The younger boy offered earnestly.

 

Lay, wiped his forehead full of beads of perspiration ignoring the youngest one's words.

 

"Hyung." Sehun dragged his voice so as to sound like he was tired, "I'm tired. Let's go home. Come on, hyung. We can return here later."

 

The EXO boys have to wait 2 hours after dinner before they can continue their practice. Sometimes 3. Especially when their comeback are still faraway. So they can go home and have a rest after dinner time before coming back to the studio before midnight.

 

"If you want to go home, go ahead." The Chinese boy said, "I'll come home later, when I feel like it."

 

Just when Sehun was about to continue persuasion towards Lay, the door of the studio was squeaked open revealing a man by the position of leader; Suho.

 

Sehun who was sitting on the floor, previously eyeing on Lay the whole time ran towards Suho.

 

"Hyung." was Sehun's first word to Suho, he kept his voice as low as possible so that Lay won't be able to hear him. "It's impossible for you not to notice that Lay-hyung has been dancing the whole time. What is wrong, hyung? Is he upset? Is it about Haneul-noona or--"

 

"Sehun." Suho stopped Sehun immediately, "Go home. I want to talk to Lay about something. Go home and rest."

 

"Hyu--"

 

"Go home. We'll talk later." The leader firmly stated to which the youngest responded by leaving the studio with heavy footsteps.

 

Lay just kept on dancing until he noticed that only Suho and him left in studio with Suho's face turned serious. Now, this is Suho we're talking about. He is the man of affection; he smiles a lot to people whom he cares about. Lay who realized that Suho was staring at him by the mirror reflection with a frown immediately stopped his dance on the spot.

 

"Junmyeon, what is it?" Lay voiced it out to Suho. His eyes stared at Suho's by the reflection of the dance mirror. Lay dared not to turn around just yet.

 

"You and I need to talk, Lay." Suho said, approaching Lay from the back. His hand then grasped Lay's wrist to bring him to the side to talk, "Come here."

 

"I don't wanna." Lay refused, he withdrew his hand from Suho's grip, "I don't want to have this talk."

 

"Lay!" Suho's voice raised a bit, his eyes widened to show how serious he was to have the talk, "I said come here!" He just dragged Lay with force to the side.

 

When Suho was about to bring Lay to sit down on the floor with him, Lay shook his head, "Spit it out, Suho. I don't have the mood to sit down."

 

Suho sighed as he thought, 'This is going to be hard.'

 

"Lay..." Suho began, his head drooped down to gather strength and not long after that, he looked up to meet Lay's eyes.

 

"I talked with Haneul earlier today." Suho slowly said the words so that he and even Lay won't worked up, "It's about your health."

 

"Suho, that's normal." Lay cut however, not letting Suho continued his statement which will be of the same wavelength as Haneul's. "You know it, too. Some days my health condition is good and sometimes is not. It fluctuates day by day. It's nothing new."

 

"The doctor said--"

 

"I couldn't ing care less about what the doctor said. Is he me? No. Does he feel what I feel? No. Does he know how it feels after years of long hardwork and finally being able to do what he wants and then he has to go back home, back to zero because of stupid things? No. So there you go; zero reason for me to give a ." Veins on Lay's neck surfaced out showing how tense he was at that moment.

 

"Lay..." Suho sighed again.

He expected this. Lay is not going to listen to anyone, only if it involves his passion of being an entertainer. If you ask him to stop playing basketball because he would injure his leg, he would listen to you and stop playing basketball. If you ask him to stop drinking alcohol because it's not good for his health, he would listen to you and stop drinking alcohol. But if you ask him to stop dancing, stop singing, stop staying up late to write songs, he would never, NEVER listen to you, no matter who you are. Haneul tried (both as his special friend & as his manager). All EXO members tried. His mum tried. His managers tried. His friends tried. But Lay NEVER listens.

 

"You have to let me speak, Lay." Suho frowned, not satisfied by the way Lay addressed this thing, "This is serious. This is about you health. And your health is NOT a STUPID thing."

 

"Oh, I see. I forgot that I am currently speaking with the health-conscious Kim Junmyeon." Lay raised both his arms in despise.

 

"Oh, come on, Lay..." Suho palmed his face in frustration, "Why don't you sit down and we'll talk about this calmly without you trying to be so emotional and start cutting my words over and over again?"

 

Lay gave in and settled himself across Suho, "I am just letting you speak but that doesn't mean I am listening. I am telling you this to let you know that you're simply going to waste your breath."

 

Suho rolled his eyes in discreet, it's as if Lay was trying to test his patience, "Lay, we can discuss this thoroughly okay?"

 

Lay gave his indifferent look, spacing out as he lets Suho talked.

 

"Look, the doctor said you have to rest for 2 to 3 years and it was only a suggestion from Haneul for you to go back to China for that."

 

No response.

 

"But for all I know you don't have to go back just to rest." Suho continued.

 

Lay's focus fell on Suho. Suho held in the smile of victory that he managed to bait Lay's attention.

 

"We can discuss with the managers so that you won't be joining any promotion or concert for 2 to 3 years..." Suho started to voice out a suggestion.

 

He looked over to Lay and spotted that Lay was actually paying attention to him.

 

"We can definitely discuss so that our promotion for these 2 to 3 years would be solely in variety programs. Instead of concert, we can have fanmeeting to interact with the fans."

 

Lay has a habit of humming when he is thinking. And guess what, he did at that time! Suho was pleased with that and continued his ideas. Actually even Suho himself was not sure if his suggestion would be accepted by others but numero uno, he has to convince Lay to be in positive light in embracing this situation.

 

"We can discuss to the coreographers to give you short or easy dancing part for the time being. We can inform the fans about your information so they will know how your situation is and will give cooperation to help your recovery," Suho said, "so that they will know what to expect during those comebacks; that you will not be dancing."

 

Silent from Lay, but his hand was rubbing his chin, clearly showing that he was giving Suho's words a thought.

 

"Or you know, we can go for ballad pop like you always wanted." The leader chuckled in his effort to ease the situation. "So... What say you?"

 

Lay turned to Suho. And without himself realizing it, Lay asked the leader, "Can we really do those?"

 

"Lay, I will do anything to make everything possible." Suho tapped Lay's shoulder lightly.

 

"Okay." Lay nodded, he smiled a bit but not wide enough to show the presence of his dimples. "What do I, I mean, WE need to do first?" 

 

Suho beamed,"First of all, we have to get you a loooooong rest!" He led the Chinese boy and helped him to stand up. "Then we'll discuss about this tomorrow."

 

The dancer agreed as he finally saw the light of hope given by the leader named Suho. The leader and the dancer left the practice room and headed to their dorm.

 

You thought it is over just like that? No. Not yet.

---

Haneul punched in the code for her house. She rest her hand on her scalp, pushing her hair up. It was a long day for Im Haneul and now, she had to think of how to convince Lay to go back home.

 

She pushed open the door and at once welcomed by the sight of the red couch to which she walked towards and sat down on.

 

She grabbed a picture frame on the coffee table across the couch, Lay and her. This guy named Lay or whom she affectionately refers as 'Xing' placed himself in a very special place in her heart; he is more than a bestfriend and he loves her and understands her more than lovers does towards one another. Simply put, Lay is her other half.

 

She retrieved her phone for her sling bag, quickly ringing Suho's number.

 

"Haneul." Suho immediately said as soon as he picked his call up.

 

"How's Xing?" Haneul asked. Only after she realized what came out from that she slapped her head as a punishment to herself for being so stupid.

 

"Xing?" Suho chuckled, teasing the girl.

 

He knew Haneul only referred Lay as Xing when she finished her job as EXO's manager at the end of the day, returning herself back to the normal Im Haneul. But when she's working, she is very professional that she calls him Lay. No one will suspect they are romantically related when they're working.

 

"Oh I see, this is Yixing's girlfriend speaking..." The leader smirked. 

 

"Ha. Ha. Ha." Haneul rolled her eyes, feeling annoyed at Suho's hopeless teasing, "Junmyeon, how's Yixing?" Now she used Lay's full name, not wanting to sound like a sick girlfriend of Lay's to Suho. Haneul became their friends since they met 3 years ago and only started to date Lay after a year after she became their manager.

 

"He's alright!" Suho said in his full-of-relief voice, "I managed to talk it out with him and he listened! I even asked him to rest and he is now!" Suho turned to his back to check on Lay who was sleeping in his room in their dorm because Suho didn't wish Lay to be disturbed by the other guys.

 

"Oh really?" Haneul stood up and strolled to the the window of her living room, looking down at the quiet dark street, "Wow, that's fantastic. I don't have idea how you talked with Xing but you're amazing Junmyeon. "

 

"Thanks, Haneul. It took you a very long time to acknowledge that I am amazing."

 

"But you have to remember that he needs to go back." Haneul reminded, "No matter what happens, he will have to go home. We will arrange the flight --"

 

"Whoa whoa whoa." Suho stopped Haneul on the track. "I thought that was a mere suggestion. I mean, going back to China 2 to 3 years just to rest is ridiculous, isn't it?"

 

"I think the otherwise." Haneul shook her head, disagreed with Suho's opinion, "I want to give him a real healing process; away from the media and even away from us. I want him to be HEALED properly, Junmyeon-ah. I want him to find who he is those 2 years."

 

"Haneul, Lay wants to stay!"

 

"I know! I want the same thing, Junmyeon, trust me." she replied, "But, the only thing that I am afraid of is the availability of the practice room here. Lay would keep coming back to dance, that's not good."

 

"But in China, our company have dance practice rooms too, what makes you think he would not come there?"

 

"We're sending him to Changsha, not Beijing." Haneul explained, as she reminded Suho of their company's headquarter in China is situated in Beijing,"Besides his mother is around. We can ask her to prevent Xing- I mean Lay from going out."

 

"Mrs. Zhang will listens to whatever Lay want to say, Haneul! If he says he wants to go dance in other places, Mrs. Zhang will allow him to!"

 

"I will talk to her, personally, Junmyeon." Haneul tensed up, annoyed at Suho who was negative at all opinion that she suggested, "Don't worry about any other thing, just focus on persuading Lay to go home."

 

Suho sighed deeply, "I understand. I'll try my best. See you tomorrow, Haneul."

 

"See you." Haneul said, "Goodluck, Junmyeon."

 

"You, too." Suho replied and then he hung up.

 

He put down his phone and laid down beside Lay.

---

Days passed and eventually a week passed after the news about his health broke to Lay.

 

Despite Suho's encouragement to him that he doesn't need to leave, Lay was not confident that he is able to stay in Korea. He had this  feeling that told him, he would still need to go home.

 

He glanced to Suho who was on his phone, talking to someone. His eyes followed Suho who finally went outside, for privacy Lay guessed. Lay stood up for he was thinking of going to the washroom.

 

"I know, Haneul." Lay heard Suho said as soon as he opened the door, "I need to make him leave."

 

Lay peeked through the door and saw Suho's back was facing him which means he will not see Lay.

 

Lay came out of the door slowly so as to make no sound so that Suho won't notice him. He then slipped himself away to the one hidden corner beside the door of the practice room. He believed this conversation of Suho and Haneul - possibly his Haneul- will be worth listening to.

 

Suho who was oblivious about this continued to converse with Haneul through the phone.

 

"You must do whatever it takes, Suho." Haneul responded, her voice full of pleadings, "Lay listens to you the most."

 

Suho sighed, "I don't think Lay will this time around."

 

"Please, Suho, make him so!"

 

The leader was silent for few moments before he opened his mouth, "Haneul, can we discuss about this later? I'll meet you after practice."

 

"Err, wait a sec..." Haneul looked glanced at the clock "How about 5 pm and," She then look at the schedule of recording studio which was on her table, "studio 2. It's unoccupied until 6."

 

"Okay, 5pm, studio 2. See you there." Suho nodded.

 

"I hope you can start your planning now! Goodluck, Suho."

 

"You, too, Haneul!"

 

Suho disappeared to the practice room, leaving Lay alone in the practice room.

 

Lay has heard the phone conversation, only from Suho's respond however. Lay frowned. It was already two times that he heard Suho answering 'you, too' at the end of the phone call with Haneul; one when he slept in Suho's room, another one just now.

 

To Lay, the only possible way for Suho to answer Haneul with 'you, too.' is that Haneul said 'I love you' to him.

 

Lay spoke to himself angrily, "So, you're getting rid of me to be with Suho, Im Haneul?"

 

His mind quickly picked up on the details he heard from Suho just now, "Studio 2. 5 pm." He mumbled alone staring at the spot Suho was standing at for moments.

 

---

"Oh Haneul!" Suho was greeted by the sight of Haneul crying on the chair as soon as he opened the door to studio 2.

 

Haneul was sobbing hardly, with her palms covering her face.

 

The leader approached Haneul as he sat on another chair across her, "Shh... What's wrong, Haneul?"

 

She lifted her face and face the pale-skinned boy across her, "It just that I am so upset at myself. I can't even do anything else aside from forcing Lay to leave. I am a horrible friend, am I not?"

 

"Of course not! You know you're doing it for the sake of Lay."

 

"You know that I don't really want him to leave right? You know that right?"

 

"I know." He nodded as reply, "But you said so yourself; his health comes first."

 

"I am afraid, Suho. What if Lay hates me for this? For taking away things that he loves the most for him, for forcing him back home, for shutting him from the world he belong, what if he hates me?"

 

"Don't be silly, Haneul. You are not one to blame. I am in this as well. But we know and perhaps he knows too that this is for the best." Suho expression softened.

 

"Am I doing the right thing then, Suho?"

 

"I am not sure about that, Haneul." Suho shrugged his shoulders. "Now, c'mere woman. Stop crying."

 

"Thanks, Junmyeon." Haneul leaned closer to Suho and embraced him back. At times like this, Suho is the only one Haneul can lean on among the EXO members; for one he is the leader, he is the most mature and he knows what to do when situation gets complicated.

 

BANG! The door opened with a bang, as it was pushed open with force.

 

Lay barged into the room and saw Haneul and Suho was hugging each other.

 

"I knew it." He mumbled, his eyes full of disappointment, "Both of you are getting rid of me so you can be together, isn't it?"

 

Both Haneul and Suho who were surprised at Lay's sudden barge-in pulled away from the hug and turned towards Lay.

 

"No, Lay." Suho stood up from his seat, "It's far from what you're thinking."

 

Lay glared at the leader, "How do you know what I am thinking?"

 

"Lay, you entered at the bad timing..." Suho tensed up.

 

"Oh." Lay smirked sarcastically, showing how pissed he was. "Wow. So if hugging is bad timing then the good timing is when you are giving her a shag?"

 

Haneul gave Lay a look of disbelief but didn't react much, in fact she just stood still.

 

"Lay?!" Suho rubbed his hands together, begging for Lay to understand. "Please don't say anything like that. I was hugging Haneul only because I was consoling her. Isn't it Haneul?"

 

The leader turned to Haneul to ask for a supporting statement from her.

 

Haneul who didn't say anything from the moment Lay entered, finally spoke out, "You're right..."

 

Suho then turned back to Lay, glad that Haneul said that, "See, Lay? Haneul and I--"

 

Haneul cut his words and then let out a shocking statement, "Lay. You're right. I am cheating on you and yes, I am trying to get rid of you so that I can be with Suho."

 

"Im Haneul!" Suho widened his eyes in disbelief, "What's gotten into you?"

 

Haneul raised from the chair and made her way out of the studio, leaving the 2 men left in the room.

---

Only after 2 in the morning that the EXO boys returned to their dorm after practice.

 

 Lay was already lying down on his bed, his eyes closed but he was not asleep. He can't believe Haneul, another woman after his mother that he loves the most in this world would cheat on him.

 

He would choose not to believe it but the harsh words that came out from Haneul's own mouth made him rethink again.

 

"Lay. You're right. I am cheating on you and yes, I am trying to get rid of you so that I can be with Suho."

 

The look on her face when she said that. Her tone. And she turned around and walked away from him just like that. Was she being true?

 

And Suho's explanation. Lay never doubt Suho. Not in this lifetime.

 

"I was hugging Haneul only because I was consoling her. Isn't it Haneul?"

 

Was he being true? Was Suho saying that to cover his relationship with Haneul? Or was it really true that he was consoling Haneul?

 

Finally Lay stood up. He finally decided to get to the bottom of this. His feet brought him to the doorstep of the leader's bedroom. He gave it a knock and pushed it open.

 

Lying in their own beds were Tao and D.O. But Suho was cleaning his medicine box on the floor. The leader was not sleeping as usual. Suho only sleeps when Chanyeol is asleep for the latter always stayed up late to compose songs because Suho always have to make sure Chanyeol sleeps on his bed not the desktop.

 

"Suho, can I talk with you for a moment outside?" Lay suggested. He really didn't want any of the members to eavesdrop their conversation thus outside is the best place. Suho nodded grabbing his jacket and followed Lay outside.

 

"Is it true that you're only consoling Haneul?" Lay voiced out after arriving outside, at the most secluded place.

 

The leader nodded, simply.

 

"Why? What's wrong with her?"

 

"She is upset, Lay. Can't you tell?" Suho said, his voice raised in frustration.

 

Lay was shocked to hear that. "Why?"

 

"She is upset that she can't do anything else but make you leave. I swear, I can see she is trying to find a reason to keep you here, but she can't. Haneul is thinking of a way to save you, Lay. She pushed aside feelings and put your condition first."

 

"Then, she should have see me, tell me what she is upset about! Why would she go to you?"

 

"Because she asked me for help to persuade to come home to China. She said you listen to my words he most. And I believed that she is wrong. I mean, what happened in the studio earlier was one prove, wasn't it?"

 

Lay's face flushed with embarrassment and anger. He clenched his fist and stayed silent, not trusting himself to talk anymore.

 

"Now, listen Lay. I don't have right to decide that you should go home to China or not. But Haneul does. Haneul is our manager and she is thinking the best for us. So before anything else, you might want to consider her suggestion. And Haneul would not simply give up on your talent as an artist, even after you leave for China and finished your recovery, I am sure she would work hard to get you your spot back. She did it for Tao, remember?"

 

Lay nodded as he remembered the time Tao was very sick before their debut time and the company said that if his condition persists, they would replaced him with someone else and they even already considered to refilm the MVs and songs with the new replacement member but Haneul fought for Tao. She made it possible for Tao to stay in the group which the rest of EXO didn't know how and thanks to her, Tao debuted with the other 11 as EXO.

 

"Junmyeon, I am-"

 

"Sorry? Lay, you didn't do anything wrong to me. But you did to Haneul." Suho placed his hand on Lay's shoulder, "Save your sorry for Haneul, XING." Suho chuckled.

 

"Yah!" Lay frowned a bit and then smiled before he punched Suho lightly on his chest.

--

Haneul arranged to meet with the director that afternoon to discuss about Lay and his status; whether to let him stay or leave.

 

"Is it possible for him to stay?" Haneul asked after her long explanation of Lay's health condition and the doctor's advice.

 

"No. I'm afraid I have to say no, Ms. Haneul." The Director voiced out his decision, "If he causes controversy, we can cover it up. If he does wrong, we can issue an apology statement. But if health issue is the reason, I won't be able to allow him to stay."

 

"Bu-"

 

The director cut he however and continued, "This is a different case for Mr. Lay, Ms. Haneul... You are aware of the ailment he suffers for a long time, isn't it?"

 

Haneul nodded as she watched the director placed a file with few pages of paper in it.

 

"This is Mr. Lay's contract." The director explained. "Since he is sick since his training period, we added this condition." His finger pointed at the statement nearing the bottom part where signatures are made.

 

It stated in the contract, that 'if health complication arises any period when this contract is still valid, the contractee is allowed to receive any treatment suitable to the ailment.'

 

"Ms. Im Haneul, I am a director and I have to make a decision that is good for everyone." The Director explained, "I believe this decision benefited Mr. Lay the most."

 

"But how about EXO?"

 

"I have to withdraw him out of EXO." The Director turned grim, "Stupid decision? Yes, I admit. But you see, I can almost feel that Lay's disability to join their comeback will put halt in EXO's activities later on."

 

"I understand, Mr. Director." Haneul sighed. "I will discuss this case with my team and the rest of the members."

 

"Should you have any other conflict, please do consult me." The Director kindly offer, "We will need to release an official statement as soon as possible and send Mr. Lay back home according to the doctor's advice."

 

"I understand." Haneul stood up. She understood now. There is no hope for Lay to stay; he must leave.

---

"Hyung." Lay approached one of his manager-hyung, "Where is Haneul?"

 

After the incident in the studio yesterday, he only caught the glimpse her once that morning on her way to the office upstairs. He heard she was going to meet the director that morning. He knew it was because of him.

 

"Haneul? She went home. Emergency leave. She said she's having bad headache." The man replied.

 

"Huh? She is?" Lay immediately turned worried, "Hyung, what time will this schedule finished?"

 

"8pm. Why?"

 

Lay glanced at the time on his phone.

 

'5.40 pm'

 

Lay grunted. He wanted to run to see if she's okay. But he had no choice; he had to finish his schedule. The schedule proceed with Haneul on Lay's mind.

 

Once the schedule finished, the Chinese man immediately went separate way than the other members. He asked one of the manager of his to fetch his car beforehand so he can go to see her with his car.

 

Lay rang the bell of Haneul's house and in the matter of time, the door squeaked open from inside.

 

"What do you want, Lay?" Haneul asked him coldly.

 

He, on the other side, beamed to her.

 

'Ugh, the smile!' She thought alone. Lay's smile is her weakest point; she would do anything in the world if he beamed at her like that. She was also surprised to see that but maintained her indifferent expression.

 

"Lay, I am having a bad headache now. If you have nothing to say, you better leave."

 

Lay held out the bouquet of flower which he hid on his back. He managed to bought from the florist then on his way there. Tiger lily is Haneul's favourite flower.

 

"Xing's sorry." He mumbled out, feeling bashful addressing himself with his nickname 'Xing'.

 

Haneul was about to melt but she didn't sway, "What are you sorry about, LAY?" She said the last word louder.

 

"Baby, it's cold out here, aren't you letting me in?"

 

Baby? Baby? He called her  'baby'?! Haneul was about to scream and jump with joy for she loves when Lay calls her 'baby'. You see, Haneul and Lay is not a very affectionate couple because they met often as a professional artist Lay with his manager Haneul not as boyfriend Lay and girlfriend Haneul. Thus words like 'baby' comes out very rarely despite Haneul liking it.

 

"Come on in then." She said as she mentally slapped herself for giving in after Lay showed her his smile.

 

Haneul sat on the red couch before she was joined by Lay, who sat by her side. The still-unaccepted bouquet of tiger lily was placed by Lay on the coffee table.

 

Silent fell. Not long after that, Haneul flinched from Lay's sudden action; his hands creeping around her back and towards her head.

 

"Is it bad?" Lay suddenly asked as his hands swiftly moved on her forehead, giving her gentle massage.

 

"Huh?" Haneul questioned.

 

"Your headache." Lay asked, "Is it really bad?"

 

"Oh... Not really."

 

"I'll be back with the oil." Lay stood up to search for the oinment in Haneul's room but the girl stopped him while grabbing his wrist.

 

Lay turned around and returned back to his seat, "Are you alright?"

 

Haneul did not say anything and immediately pulled her partner into a hug. Before she knew it, she was sobbing to Lay's shoulder.

 

"I am sorry, Xing." Haneul said managed to word out in midst of her sobbing, "I am sorry that I can't help you to stay here. I am sorry I can't take away the pain from you. I am sorry you have to fight this by yourself." her voice was full of hint of regrets, "I am sorry, Xing that I can't do anything other than watching you battle this alone."

 

"Hey..." Lay carressed his woman's head softly, "Why are you saying sorry? This is not your fault and not anyone's. This thing happened because it's my fate. I cannot go against fate, can I?"

 

The woman sobbed more harder but managed to calm herself down in few minutes. She pulled out of the hug and looked at Lay.

 

"I didn't cheat on you, Xing." Haneul's right hand was held out, showing she was swearing that her words are right. "I swear, Xing. The hug happened in short moment and he was actually consoling me --"

 

Lay shook his head to stop Haneul talking, "I understand. Suho had explained everything."

 

"I am sorry for accusing you cheating on me." Lay apologized. "I am so stupid to even think about that."

 

Amidst of her tears, Haneul smiled and nodded. She wiped her tears away and directed her eyes towards the tiger lily on her coffee table. She grabbed it and observed them with a touched smile.

 

"Of all things that I like, you remember this the most; my favourite tiger lily." Haneul chuckled.

 

Her 'Xing' is different than any other boyfriend; he is forgetful or actually 'confused', according to Lay himself. Well he is partially true; he confused Haneul's favourite colour and his favourite colour, his is blue while Haneul's is red. He confused Haneul's car name which is Spectra with Tiffany-sunbaenim's car name which is Quatro.

 

Even for their date, which they usually does during Lay's zero-schedule days or after work -when both of them are not tired- Haneul has to constantly remind him. But Haneul loves him for that; he makes she feels as if she is really needed in his life.

 

Lay nodded proudly at Haneul's statement and observed her for awhile before he held in his breath. He must say out his decision whether to stay or go home to China. He doesn't want to make his loved ones sad anymore because they suffered enough on their own , thus:

 

"Haneul." Lay called out, "I agree to go home."

 

Haneul turned to Lay with a rather difficult facial expression to be read; happy and sad at the same time. Haneul wanted Lay to recover and go home but deep inside, she doesn't want him to leave her but there was no other way.

 

Haneul embraced Lay's words as a positive news and thus she reached out for his cheeks to caress them. "Thank you, Xing. Thank you sweetheart."

 

She looked into his eyes with her eyes glistened with tears; how much will she misses this man when she leaves him alone in China? Oh yes, very much in fact endless.

 

Lay pulled Haneul closer to him by gently drawing her face by the chin. He placed his lips on her forehead for a long time.

 

"No, it is me who supposed to say thank you." Lay trailed his kiss to Haneul two eyelids, "I love you, Haneul. I don't know what I will do if it wasn't for you. You're amazing and I am thankful to God for sending me a very wonderful woman to be with. Thank you, Haneul."

 

Haneul let out stream of tears. This time around, she will let the man talk because she can tell, he had many things on his head to talk about.

 

Lay placed a kiss on the bridge of her nose, "I love you, Haneul. You always give me your support and brilliant ideas. You are always there through my ups and my downs. And you showered me with your love. Thank you, Haneul."

 

Lay wiped tears from Haneul's cheeks and left a kiss on her right cheek, "I love you, Haneul. I wish to give you only happiness. But despite the pain and sadness that I gave you, you stayed with me. Thank you, Haneul."

 

Lay kissed her left cheek, "I love you, Haneul. I don't have any speck of idea why you are with me; a typical Chinese man like me amongst those perfect men out there. I have nothing to offer but you accept me the way I am. Thank you, Haneul."

 

Haneul breathed in and out, her tears flowed down faster than before. She's got it; those words from Lay were not simple 'I love you' and 'thank you' speech, rather they were the words of goodbye from Lay.

 

"Haneul." Lay's lips hovered Haneul's, not touching them just yet. "I love you, Haneul. You are beautiful. Your long hair, your eyes, your cheek, your nose, your lips, your scent, your soft hand. Your heart. Everything about you is beautiful; inside and out. You don't know how many times I wanna walk out there with you and show to the world how beautiful the lady that I love is and she loves me back. Thank you Haneul. I love you. I really really do."

 

Finally the dancer's lips which was hovering on her lips came crushing down. He nibbled her lips in slowly, drinking her in.

 

They moved to her bedroom to let him show her how much love he has for her after that.

--

Lay woke up to the sound of his own ringtone. He opened his eyes and found himself laying down in Haneul's room.

 

"Lay-hyung?" Byun Baekhyun called early in the morning.

 

"Oh, Baekhyun-ah..." Lay rubbed his eyes and yawned sleepily, "What's up?"

 

"Where are you hyung? Why aren't you home last night?" Baekhyun asked.

 

"Oh, I am at Haneul's." Lay answered. He looked to his side but spotted Haneul's side was unoccupied, only a trace of comforter being pushed away was left.

 

Baekhyun hooted boyishly, "So did you do it with noona?"

 

"Did what?" Lay bashfully replied.

 

"So you did it, huh?" The younger boy erupted in laughter, "Aigoo, listen to your fake innocent voice! You did it! I hope you used protection."

 

Lay shook his head, smiling as he mouthed 'Byuntae'

 

"Baekhyun, if you have nothing else to say, I'm hanging up." Lay pretended to ignore the Gangwondo boy's reckless remark.

 

"Hyung..." Baekhyun's voice turned serious, "Have you found out anything? Did you read the news today yet?"

 

Lay was a bit startled listening to Baekhyun "News? What news?"

 

"I see that you haven't..." Baekhyun concluded, "Hyung, go talk it out with Haneul-noona. We were shocked when we found out."

 

"What? What is it about, Baek?"

 

"Haneul-noona. Haneul-noona will know."

 

And the line was off..

 

"Haneul?" Lay called out loudly, so that his voice will echoed throughout the house.

 

No response.

 

Lay stood up and put on his boxers and pants before he came out of the house and found Haneul on the dining table scrolling down her iPad with her left hand and making call with her phone by the right.

 

"Director, what is going on?" Haneul frowned, talking someone to the phone, "I thought we agreed to not release any statement until we reach agreement. This is ridiculous."

 

Lay sat down across Haneul, eyeing her carefully. She gave him a small smile acknowledging his presence.

 

"I AM EXO'S MANAGER! I have the right to make decision." Haneul tensed up to the phone, she removed her left hand from the iPad and ran it in her hair, "Mr. Director, we have not reach any agreement during the discussion. My team has not release any decision regarding this. "

 

Lay grabbed iPad from Haneul's hand and read what was on the screen.

 

'Lay to leave EXO due to health complication.

 

One of the Chinese member of EXO will be leaving the group by next month. According to the representative of the group's label company, Lay is having a health complication and he is advised to have a long rest which will then affect his presence in his group.

 

Since this morning, the fandom of Exo's are trending #getwellsoonlay #prayforlay #staystronglay to show their support for the member.

 

Lay is allowed to finish the remaining schedule with EXO for this month. The representative also informed that Lay is welcome to join the group back at later date. Let's bring our hands together to pray for Lay's fast recovery.'

 

"Haneul." Lay voiced out.

 

Haneul held out her hand, asking Lay to wait for a while.

 

"Of course I am not pleased!" Haneul widened her eyes, "You released the statement even before we reached agreement!"

 

She continued, "You said we need to act faster. I said I'll talk it out with my team. And now you released this ridiculous statement today without noticing me beforehand and you asked me to calm down? I know I am only their road manager but anything that concerns EXO as whole is part of my responsibilities."

 

"Haneul." Lay tried again.

 

"Yes. I know." Haneul nodded, "He has to go back to China but you know, we can postpone his departure. We'll have it planned so that we don't have to make Lay's sickness look so severe that he has to leave ASAP."

 

Lay waited awhile and was about to interrupt Haneul again however the latter widened her eyes, a sigh of sarcasm and disbelief escaped .

 

"Of course, it is not!" Haneul almost screamed to the phone. "You know how it is. It is not as if he laid on the hospital bed waiting for Death to come to him! He is still as healthy as normal people are, he can walk, he can even run and last night, last night alone, he did well in-- hey Xing!" She looked at Lay who snatched the phone away from her.

 

 "Wow, really? Are you really going to tell the director about last night?" Lay switched her phone off and pocketed it away. "You're going overboard. I think you don't need to give much details about last night."

 

Instantly Haneul turned pink, "Well, you know, I was just giving him a real testimony that so far you hips are still alright and works real good- okay, fine, maybe slightly overboard. But they are making such a big deal about this one. It is as if you are severely sick that you are not able to even stand without anyone help. I am not going to stay low and make them say untrue things about my man!"

 

"Haneul, even finishing the schedule until the end of this month is a blessing to me. It's not easy to be able to get that. That's why, I need you by my side more after this. Fight with me."

 

"Xing, I am always here for you."

 

"No doubt about that." Lay nodded, smiling. "Do I have schedule today?"

 

"Yes. We need to leave soon. I'll call Kijin-oppa to pick you up after I leave. The last thing I wanted is reporters spotted us coming out together from MY apartment." Haneul stood up. "I am going to hit the  shower."

 

Lay smirked a bit, looking at her being flirty. "And so am I."

---

"HYUNG~" Tao sobbed into Lay's chest. "Hyung, don't go."

 

Finally it's the time for Lay to leave. The rest of the EXO members decided to send him off to the airport. And they didn't use the VIP gate so that the fans will be able to send him off too.

 

Tears and sobbing filled the part near the compartment near the departure gate.

 

"Tao-yah. Enough. It's my turn." Teary Baekhyun pulled Tao with force away from Lay. "Hyung. I'll make sure Haneul-noona won't cheat on you. I'll miss you hyung."

 

"She won't, Baek. I know that." Lay grasped even more tightly around Baekhyun's body. "I'll miss you too. I promise I will be back soon."

 

Both let go and other members one by one started to hug Lay by turns and said things they wanted to say.

 

"Hyung, come back faster and safely." Said Sehun.

 

"Lay-ah, rest more and think less. We will be waiting for you here." Assured Luhan.

 

"I won't let anyone replace you here in EXO."  Xiumin comforted.

 

"You cannot be more cool than I am. You may try but you'll mess up. Trust me. Get well soon, buddy." Joked Kris.

 

"Hyung, I promise I will come to you once a week for guitar duel." Chanyeol said to which the rest of EXO scolded him as they cannot afford tickets for him.

 

"Hyung, I hope you still remember our dream to stage a dance concert for both of us. I need you if I want to make it happen." Kai added.

 

"Hyung, after you leave I will only have 10 people to troll but it became 8 because Baek and Yeol are my friends. Then it became 6 because Kai and Sehun will troll me back instead. Then it became 5 because Kris -hyung won't get my joke. Then it became 4 because Suho-hyung is stupid- sorry, old-fashioned to realize he is trolled," Jongdae corrected as Lay shot him a look. "Then it became 3 because Kyungsoo is able to kill me. Then 2 because Minseok-hyung is an old geezer. Then 1 and it is because Luhan hyung is gullible. I will miss trolling you and fooling you with made-up Korean words. And one last thing hyung 'ganjang (간장)' is soy sauce and 'ginjang (긴장)' is nervous, I am sorry that I did not correct you when you said 'I am so soy sauce' whenever you were nervous."

 

"Hyung. Take care. Be well. Come back faster. I'll miss you." Short and simple were D.O's words.

 

Then the leader's turn finally arrived. Instead of letting him say things, Lay started first.

 

"Junmyeon, I owe you a lot. A lot. You were there when I was happy and sad, sick and healthy. When I was tired, you know what to do to entertain me. When I was sick, you nursed me the most amongst ths others. You took care of me and the rest despite your size."

 

"You didn't owe me anything. I am your leader, it's my responsibility to take care of all of you." Suho nodded his head. "Lay, I want you to remember this. We are here rooting for you wherever you are. If you have hard time or miss dancing and singing suddenly during your stay in China, fight it through. Remember, the stage here is for you and will always be waiting for your return. Just stay patient, rest well and when you are fully recovered, we will all be together on that stage again. As 12."

 

"As 12." Lay smiled before a disturbing sob came from behind Suho. "Oh, darn it, Tao stop crying! You're so embarrassing. It's not that I am not going to come back at all!"

 

Lay turned to the managers and hugged them as well, exchanging words of goodbye. Then his eyes met Haneul's red teary eyes. Haneul insisted to come along with Lay at first to make sure he go straight back to Changsha but Lay refused saying that he won't be able to bear watching Haneul depart from China later on thus he'd rather leave alone.

 

"Don't cry, Haneul. You know I'll be back right?" Lay patted her head, trying to keep as little skinship as possible as the fans are watching.

 

Haneul nodded quickly, "I'll come and visit next month." She hugged him for a brief moment and let go.

 

Lay then turned to the fans and bowed low. "Thank you for sending me off. Thank you for all your love. And I will always be remembering our moments together. I'll come back for all of you soon! Please pray for me. I love you all."

 

Screams, wails and sobs responded Lay's words. Lay bowed for the last time, waved and off he went inside the departure door.

--

Epilogue

2 years later, still in South Korea.

 

"Thank you." Haneul received the change from the coffee shop's male cashier. Haneul was about to leave but the cashier stopped her, even before she turned around.

 

"Excuse me." He shyly began as he held out paper and pen, "Can I please have your phone number?"

 

"Yes?" Haneul was in daze, the last time people asked for her phone number was 4 years ago. And it was actually by none other than Lay. Haneul eyed the pen and paper thinking how to refuse to his request. She was clearly not interested in the guy but didn't have the courage to rub it in his face. "Oh. Err... You see, I--"

 

Suddenly another familiar hand pushed away the paper and pen to the man. Haneul turned to face the person and just smirked in anticipation. The person was wearing a mask over his mouth and nose but Haneul knows him so much that she can recognize him just by looking at his hand.

 

"Sorry, our infant broke her phone last night." The masked Lay suddenly interrupted.

 

Haneul only chuckled in amusement. Infant? Wow, Lay can really be reckless when he's jealous.

 

"Oh, you're married?" The male cashier face fell in despair, "I apologize." The man bowed towards the couple.

 

Haneul then turned to her man, "Let's go, husband." She entwined her arm around Lay's and off they went.

 

No, they are not married yet. And, no, of course, there is no infant.

 

The couple reached the secluded place in the park  and settled themselves on the bench.

 

He gave her an unsatisfied glare as she was sipping from her coffee. Haneul who noticed this narrowed her eyes towards him.

 

"What is this? I was only away for a week and you're flirting with another guy." Lay pouted, folding his arms together showing his displeasant.

 

"What? Xing!" Haneul threw her arms up, "I did not! I didn't even lay my hand on the pen he gave to me!"

 

"Sounds convincing..." Lay replied in sarcasm, still eyeing his girlfriend.

 

"Whose fault is it that I have to go back here in Korea one week earlier than you do?"

 

"I admit I was wrong okay? But it's your fault for not reminding me that I left my passport at home."

 

"Then why did you have to fly here only after a week?"

 

"That--" Lay was about to get mad but rather embarrassed, "I forgot to place another booking to go back to Korea. I was too caught up watching the drama."

 

"Why didn't you leave after the drama finishes?"

 

"The drama is 30-episode long okay? And it's 5-episodes back-to-back a day so that's 6 days. The last day of the weeks they have special episode."

 

She rolled her eyes in return. She then took out an iPad from her bag and placed it across him. She knew this would make him put the coffee shop male cashier case aside.

 

"You made the headline, Xing!" She announced happily, "After 2 years!"

 

Lay started to scroll down the tab and started giving the article she opened to a read.

 

'Lay to rejoin EXO.

 

According the representative of Exo's label company earlier today, Lay will be rejoining the group by EXO's next comeback. Lay left 2 years ago due to health complication. He was welcomed to rejoin the group and he is going to take the offer. His recovery process finished and he is ready for action!

 

Lay went back to his home country 2 years ago but was spotted flying back and forth from China to Korea last month. Fans at first speculated his return, however, as a solo artist which brought them joy but their joy doubled when Lay decided to rejoin his former group.

 

Lay also shared through SNS 'Polished and ready' which according to fans, to showcase his feeling towards rejoining his former group.

 

SM Entertainment confirmed the return stating that Lay would rejoin EXO's next comeback which rumored to be happening next month. We would like to welcome Lay back. '

 

"Welcome back, Lay." Haneul held out her right hand, "I am your manager, Im Haneul. I look forward to cooperate with you."

 

"The feeling is mutual, Ms. Im." Lay smiled, accepting Haneul's handshake.

 

Haneul giggled as she remembered that was exactly how Lay and her first met, 5 years ago. She just breathed in satisfaction that her Xing and Lay are both back in her life.

 

THE END.