We Are Married!!

A Baby For You, And Maybe One For Me

                On the 22nd of the next month, Chanyeol lifted his head in a silent prayer, thanking all the gods of high heaven above him. The sun was shining beautifully and the skies remained clear. There was a lovely breeze in the air and it was almost as if the universe was singing love songs for him.

                “This is perfect.” Chanyeol smiled, looking outside the window of his little wooden cabin. The immediate family of the couple had driven outside of the city to this picturesque farm an hour and a half away from the city. The farm belonged to the Park family and also served as a popular rustic retreat for city dwellers looking for a country getaway. Chanyeol’s uncle turned several barns and animal pens into charming chalets for guests on the 25 acre piece of land. This beautiful farm was the place Chanyeol and Baekhyun chose as their wedding venue.

                “Yeah yeah the sun is shining now sit down so I can do your hair.” Jessica pulled the groom back into his seat as she rubbed her hands with gel.

                “Please tell me you’re not gonna lather this stuff on my hair like I’m showering in it. You know I hate this stuff.”

                “Hey, are you the groom or the hairstylist?” Jessica pulled out a comb.

                “Groom.”

                “So zip it. Let me do my job.”

                “Chanyeol, I don’t think you could have chosen a better day to get married.” Sehun, Chanyeol’s best man, smiled as he entered the cabin. “The sun is shining and there are birds singing. Can you believe that? Birds singing?!”

                “Oh yeah it’s a real surprise.” Chanyeol nodded nonchalantly.

                “I’ll let you get away with that because it’s your wedding.” Sehun rolled his eyes. “Do you wanna see your little ring boys?”

                “Of course!”

                “Come on in kids!” Chanyeol squealed in joy (as manly as possible) as Jongdae, Jongin, Kyungsoo and Minseok entered the cabin, dressed in adorable suits with a white tulip in their pocket. Kris followed the children in, making sure they didn’t run around and ruin their outfits.

                “Well well look at you boys! Don’t you look handsome!”

                “What do you say to that kids?” Kris asked, nudging Jongdae with his knee.

                “Thank you Uncle Park!” the kids chorused.

                “Now do you remember what to do?” Sehun asked.

                “I’m carrying the rings!” Kyungsoo raised his hand.

                “And I’m spreading the flowers!” Minseok smiled.

                “Those aren’t flowers, they are petals.” Kris explained. “And what about you two? Are we going to run around or are we going to behave ourselves and listen to orders?”

                “Behave.” The twins nodded. “Daddy, will appa be okay?” Jongdae asked, leaning forward into his father’s embrace.

                “Appa? Is Tao okay?”

                “He’s fine. He had a contraction this morning but it’s nothing to worry about. He’ll be arriving a little later with Yixing because he has to pack his stuff.”

                “Are you sure it’s okay? Does Tao need to go to the hospital?”

                “It’s fine. He hasn’t had a contraction since then so it’s probably just hormones. Besides we wouldn’t miss this event for the world. If Tao had to, he will deliver the baby while the ceremony is going on.”

                “Oh but you…”

                “Relax it’s just a joke.” Kris teased, setting Jongdae down. “It’ll be fine.”

                “I’ve never told you guys this,” Chanyeol looked at his two best friends. “But I’m really glad you guys are here today.”

                “Anything for you my friend.” Sehun nodded, straightening his son’s jacket. “Just think, we used to hang out on the roof top of our old dorm, playing poker with peanuts as chips and drinking so much beer we could belch to the moon. And now we’re all married. Some of us have kids and one of us is gonna have one any minute now.”

                “And we all married our college sweethearts.” Kris chuckled.

                “It’ll never be the same again.” Chanyeol nodded. “No poker with peanuts, no Drink All Night Fridays, no Game Night Thursdays.”

                “I think all that ended when Sehun married first.”

                “Oh, so blame the maknae.” Sehun pulled a face as the men laughed.

                “For real though, bros for life?”

                “Bros for life.”

                “Bros for life.” They fist-bumped each other and watched as the ring boys all sat in a ring, playing together, their suits popping open. Tao and Luhan would have a fit so Kris and Sehun tried to set the boys right.

                Chanyeol was watching the event unfurl outside his window. Guests were arriving and sitting down on white lawn chairs laced with blue ribbons. The altar was nothing more than two baby blue wooden French doors placed a few feet apart and laced with white flowers. The carpet for the aisle was a dirty light brown, setting a stark contrast to the green grass. It was simple yet it couldn’t be any more perfect.

                Chanyeol couldn’t wait to be out there.

******************

                “Tao said he’s in one of the nearby towns. In a couple of minutes he should be here.”

                “He really shouldn’t force it. I mean I would understand if he can’t make it.” Baekhyun said, checking himself in the mirror one more time.

                “You know what he’s like. He wouldn’t forgive himself if he doesn’t show up.” Luhan sighed, looking outside and checking on the guests. “I hope he gets here in time that’s all. Any minute now and it’s time to walk down that aisle.”

                Knock knock knock

                “Unbelievable.” Luhan shook his head, opening the door to reveal a very pregnant Tao, whose face was flushed and hair slightly messy.

                “I am so sorry!” he panted a little, coming inside the cabin, Yixing following right behind him. “Had a minor contraction today so I stopped to get a few things.”

                “You didn’t have to do this Tao, you could have put yourself in danger!” Baekhyun hugged his best friend tightly.

                “You don’t understand me when I say I will be here, it means I will be here.” Tao teased. “I’ve had these contractions before it’s no issue. Besides do you really expect to get married without me or Luhan there?”

                “I guess so.” Baekhyun held in a sob. “It wouldn’t be right without you guys here.”

                “On behalf of the Married to Idiots club, let me extend a very warm welcome to you.” Luhan extended a hand as they laughed loudly.

                “Remember the time Kris tried to dye his hair blue to match yours?” Baekhyun giggled.

                “As if anyone can just pull of that colour,” Tao scoffed. “Remember when Sehun wanted to go on a backpacking trip through Spain by himself?”

                “Please, he can’t even go to the post office by himself.” Luhan waved a hand. “And remember when Chanyeol tried to bake you a cake but put so much baking powder it tasted like raw metal?”

                “How about the time he tried to ask you to senior prom by serenading you in class but Professor Hammington threw him out?”

                “Or the time he wanted to book a hotel room for us but made a mistake by booking the presidential suite instead?” Baekhyun laughed, remembering all the foolish mistakes Chanyeol had committed over the years. “He is the biggest idiot of them all.”

                “Funny, to me he didn’t seem all that stupid.” Tao rubbed his chin.

                “It must be because he is in love.” Luhan teased. “But let’s face it, our men are idiots.”

                “We’ve rendered them stupid.” Tao laughed. “And I think it’s time Baek. Luhan will go get your father and it’s time to get the ceremony under way.”

                Most couples would opt for a traditional wedding march, but Baekhyun and Chanyeol are anything but ordinary. Marching to the tune of Sweet Disposition by Vitamin String Quartet, Baekhyun walked down the aisle in a white suit, towards Chanyeol standing at the altar in a black suit. The ring boys were already standing in the front, Minseok holding a basket of petals and Kyungsoo smiling like the poster boy for Padini, holding his ring pillow. The twins were itching in their spots, trying not to move. Kyungsoo decided to hold Jongin’s hand in an attempt to hold him down while Minseok gave Jongdae a few petals to play with.

                The reception was going well, family and friends all behaving themselves. Their mothers were holding up tissues to their eyes, trying to stop tears from falling. Chanyeol himself had no idea how emotional he would be, and it caught Baekhyun by surprise when he saw beads of tears in Chanyeol's eyes.

                "Chanyeol, are you okay?" he asked, leaning over to wipe his tears.

                "I am, I just..." he sniffed loudly. "I just can't believe how beautiful you look."

                "You better cry, you're gonna be living with him for the rest of your life." Sehun cracked and Chanyeol started laughing so hard the tears flowed even faster. The poor priest just stood there, waiting for the emotionally unstable groom to calm down. Baekhyun apologized for the interruption as the priest just shook his head.

                "No worries, this isn't my first time." he smiled reassuringly and calmly led on with the ceremony. Thank god nothing else went wrong as they exchanged wedding rings and Baekhyun kissed a snotty Chanyeol with nothing else but genuine love.

                “Yeah!!!!!” Luhan and Sehun threw confetti in the air as the twins jumped their way following the newlywed couple as they waved to the audience. They hugged their crying mothers and received pats on the back by their fathers. Jongin and Jongdae were picking up petals on the floor and throwing them back up, making their own confetti showers.

                "Take care of my boy, Chanyeol." Baekhyun's mother kissed her son-in-law.

                "I'm so glad he chose you." Chanyeol's dad pulled Baekhyun close and hugged him tight.

                "Thank you everybody." Chanyeol wiped his tear stained face. "This day couldn't have been more perfect."

                "APPA!!! APPA!!!!!" The twins dropped all their petals and rushed to their appa, who was sitting and clutching his belly in utter agony. He groaned in pain as a contraction hit him and Kris checked his watch. "It's labour!!! Tao is going into labour!!"

                "OH MY GOD!!!" Baekhyun threw his bouquet high in the air and he could care less who caught it as some of the audience members scrambled for it. He rushed to Tao’s side and gripped his hand.

                "It's fine. I'm going to be fine." Tao breathed deeply.

                "No, you need to go to the hospital."

                "I'm fine! I swea......AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!"

                "I'll go get the car!" Kris rushed to the carpark as Tao stood up on wobbly knees. Chanyeol grabbed the twins as Baekhyun helped him to the carpark.

                "Wait! What about the wedding?!" Luhan called.

                "There's no time for that!! We have to get Tao to the hospital!" Chanyeol fired back, two crying boys in his arms. "Cover for us!!"

                "Cover for you?!?!? BUT IT IS YOUR GODDAMN WEDDING!!" The car sped out of the area faster than Sehun could even finish shouting at them. He looked at Luhan who looked back at him.

                "What do we do?"

                "What we should do. Feed the people and get to the hospital."

                "Okay. You pack the food for them and I'll go tell the wedding planner."

                "Gotcha. Come on kids." Luhan dragged the children behind him.

******************

                "Is Tao going to be okay?" Baekhyun asked the doctor in the hospital waiting room. They had spent 30 minutes outside, cajoling and comforting the twins, who were worried about their appa being in such a state of pain.

                "He'll be fine. He's expected to deliver in a couple of hours or so, in the meantime we just have to wait and see." Doctor Lee smiled. She gave the couple permission to enter Tao's room. Tao looked like he had been to hell and back, but his eyes brightened up when he saw his children and his best friends.

                "You guys...your wedding..."

                "Screw the wedding." Baekhyun said. "We wanna be here for you today, especially when you were there for us."

                "Appa, are you okay?" Jongin kissed his appa and hugged him tightly. Jongdae kissed the other side.

                "We were worried so much appa."

                "I'm fine sweeties, your new sibling is coming to join us today." he rubbed their heads reassuringly. "You'll have someone new to play with soon."

                "Will it hurt Appa?"

                "Oh I bet it will." Tao dropped his head back laughing. "But its okay, because your Appa is strong."

                "Did it hurt when we came?" Jongdae asked.

                "Oh yes it did." Tao chuckled. "Your first children always make you suffer."

                "Even after they are born." Kris laughed and the whole room followed, except for the twins who look just plain confused.

                "I don't get it." Jongin complained.

                "You don't need to, you're too young." Kris kissed his forehead gingerly. He looked at Chanyeol and Baekhyun. "You guys didn't need to do this."

                "Somehow we can't imagine being anywhere else but here." Chanyeol put a hand on his best friend's shoulder. "You're having another baby man."

                "I know." Kris rubbed his hands. "I can't say I'm not nervous."

                "You were so freaked out about this wedding and the food, the dance and the blessed band for pity's sake and yet you're willing to give that up to be with me?" Tao asked Baekhyun, who was still holding his hand.

                "Yes. You risked labour to be there for my wedding, how can I not do the same?"

                "This is definitely a day we will all remember." Kris chuckled.

                "And you better not remember it without us." there was a sharp knock on the door as Luhan and Sehun entered, their arms full of food, flowers and balloons.

                "Kyungie hyung!" Jongin jumped down the bed to his favourite hyung and hugged him tight. Jongdae crawled to the other hand to reach for Minseok, who scooped the boy off the bed.

                "What is all this?" Tao stared in disbelief.

                "Well, these are the flowers from the hall, and some food from the caterers and balloons the clown you hired blew up." Luhan set them all down at the table. "We decided to bring the wedding here! It's a baby shower plus wedding all kinda mixed up together!"

                "Oh god this is amazing! It is official, I have the best crew in the world!" Tao clapped his hands in joy.

                "Where are the guests then?" Chanyeol asked.

                "They are still having fun back in the hall. Great choice on the band though, they really are keeping the crowd entertained. By the way Chanyeol, I saw your dad on the dance floor and he has some interesting moves." Sehun raised an eyebrow and smirked.

                "How do you think I got the name Dancing Machine?" Chanyeol jerked his hands and was about to bust out some moves when a strong hand gripped his shoulders.

                "You named yourself Dancing Machine." Chanyeol smiled to see Joonmyun behind him.

                "Apparently this guy came with Yixing. They seemed to have hit it off at the party." Luhan whispered to Tao and Baekhyun, whose eyes widened and lips formed an automatic O.

                "Guys, this is Joonmyun, my childhood friend. He's the headmaster of EXO Elementary where Baekhyun is working."

                "Nice to meet everyone." he greeted politely. "Congratulations to you Chanyeol and apparently to the family who is expecting."

                "Thank you for sending my nanny here. Did you guys hit it off at the party?" Tao smiled, wiggling his eyebrows at the two of them. Yixing sighed.

                "It's just a favour."

                "Sure it is." Sehun coughed out and Luhan slapped him playfully for teasing them. He turned around and pulled something from the corner. "Hey Chanyeol, I brought this from backstage."

                "My guitar! Thank you!" Chanyeol smiled as he placed his precious instrument on his knee.

                "What do you need it for? I didn't even know you brought it." Baekhyun asked.

                "Well, I was originally going to sing a song for you on stage, you know after we had our first dance." Chanyeol smiled sheepishly, sitting next to his husband on the edge of Tao's bed.

                "Oh Chanyeol..."

                "Since we can't do it at the wedding, would you mind if I sing here?" he asked, moving his head to look at everyone.

                "Please do, I need something to distract me from the pain. Epidural is not working." Tao groaned, shifting in his seat.

                "Sing Uncle Yeol!" Jongdae threw his tiny hands up and everyone laughed. Chanyeol strummed his guitar, plucked a few notes and before you knew it, magic began to flow from his lips.

I won't talk

I won't breathe

I won't move till you finally see

That you belong with me

 

You might think I don't look

But deep inside

In the corner of my mind

I'm attached to you

I'm weak

It's true

Cause I'm afraid to know the answer

Do you want me too?

Cause my heart keeps falling faster

 

I've waited all my life

To cross this line

To the only thing that's true

So I will not hide

It's time to try

Anything to be with you

All my life I've waited

This is true

 

 

                Chanyeol’s voice spread across the room like a gentle spring breeze, and it seemed as if everything that happened that day was meant to lead to this. Tao laid in the bed, closing his eyes and humming softly. He was holding his husband’s hand in his, feeling the other warmth’s. Jongin was sitting on the floor quietly, listening to the song with Kyungsoo behind him. Jongdae was swaying in his spot and Minseok followed him. Jongin spotted his twin and they smiled at each other, swaying slowly in his spot, waving their hands as if they were in a small concert.

                Luhan and Sehun had their arms around each other. Sehun looked down at Luhan and kissed his forehead. He took the Chinese man’s hand in his, and they started a very slow dance to the beautiful tune. Joonmyun looked at Yixing and at the dancing couple before him. He put out a hand and bowed. Yixing didn’t hesitate in taking the hand and joining him.

                Baekhyun bit his lip, eyes never leaving Chanyeol’s perfect form as he serenaded his husband. He could feel tears springing up in his eyes and he tried to hold them back. It was a sight to behold. Two couples slow dancing in a delivery ward as a man performs for his husband. Even the doctors stood outside, waving their arms.

                It was a true celebration of love. The miracle of union, and the miracle of birth.

                And many hours later, Tao had given birth to a baby girl, and she was given a name that was perfectly synonymous with everything that happened leading up to her birth. She represented everything that happened before she was born and a gift from the people who loved her most.

                Her name was Mei Ai.

                And it meant: beautiful love.

 

3 Years Later

                “Jongin! You know better than to laze around in my class!” Baekhyun slammed the wooden ruler on top of Jongin’s table. Jongin was now 7 years old, and lucky him (or unlucky, you decide) Baekhyun is now his teacher. And just because he is Uncle Bacon (forever and always) doesn’t mean he was given special treatment.

                “Sorry Uncle…I mean Mr. Byun.” Jongin rubbed his head sheepishly.

                “Have you finished your Valentine’s Day project?”

                “Yes sir.” Jongin dug into his bag and pulled out a small card. Baekhyun scrunched his face at the messy crayon drawing on the cover but he couldn’t stop himself from smiling when he saw Kyungsoo’s name inside. Jongin’s senior student in elementary school seems to be a very popular Valentine’s Day favourite.

                “Are you going to give this to Kyungsoo?”

                Jongin shook his head. “Mark said that Kyungsoo has too many cards this year. He’ll never pick mine.”

                “I wouldn’t be too sure.” Baekhyun put the card down and patted his head. “Just give it to him. You never know what he would say.”

                “Yes sir.” Jongin nodded.

                “What about you Jongdae?”

                “I didn’t make a card sir.” Jongdae shook his head.

                “And why not?”

                “Daddy said that cards are old-fashioned. He said that nowadays people spend money on Valentine’s Day.”

                “And do you have any money to spend?”

                “No.”

                “Then what are you going to do?”

                “I’m going to go to Minseok hyung and say ‘Hyung, you will be my Valentine. I’m cute and smart and a fabulous person. You’ll be sorry if you don’t pick me.’” The child crossed his arms and held his head up high. The other kids laughed at him as Baekhyun shook his head. This was Tao’s child alright.

                “Good luck. Let me know how that works.” When you work with kids, you have seen and heard almost everything. Class was over in a bit and Baekhyun went back to pack up his belongings. He nearly crashed head first into the guy who just came out of the staff bathroom. Baekhyun smiled when he saw Joonmyun in front of him.

                “In a rush?”

                “I have a date waiting outside and I don’t want to be late.”

                “You work with kids during the day and you’re dating someone who takes care of children for a living.” Baekhyun teased.

                “So?” he shrugged nonchalantly and dodged a naughty punch from him.

                “Say hi to Yixing for me. Oh, and if the twins start talking about giant monsters and how Mr. Lee was kidnapped by aliens from Mars, it has nothing to do with me.” Baekhyun waved as Joonmyun left first. Not that he could blame his employer for rushing. He had a good reason to get home quickly too.

                Chanyeol closed up the music shop in the evening and headed home as quickly as possible. Baekhyun had promised him a special surprise when he returned and Chanyeol had prayed it wasn’t his cooking. No offense but Baekhyun was a terrible cook. He ruined Chanyeol’s birthday dinner and the couple ate nothing but pizza and ramen.

                “Baekhyun I’m home! Where are…oh.” He stopped in his tracks when he saw someone unfamiliar in the kitchen. Baekhyun was pouring wine and setting them on the table. “Hey Chanyeol!” he walked over to kiss him.

                “Who…who is in the kitchen?”

                “Oh that’s Henry. One of his boys is in my class and he owes me a favour.” Baekhyun winked. “I know I at cooking so I got us a personal chef for the night.”

                “You did?!” Baekhyun nodded and Chanyeol heaved a massive sigh of relief. “Oh thank you! This is the best Valentine’s Day present ever!”

                “Yeah, and for once we don’t need to rush you to the hospital.” Baekhyun joked as the first course was served. Chef Henry did an amazing job of course, creamy mushroom soup as a starter, rib-eye steak with red wine reduction for the main course and even a decadent chocolate dessert. The couple neared the end of their meal, sipping on the last of their wine.

                “This is an amazing Valentine’s Day surprise, and who knew Chef Henry was so good.” Chanyeol smiled, his dessert fork.

                “I told you, I know what I’m doing. I got Valentine’s Day all covered.” Baekhyun smirked.

                “I have to hand it to you. You did surprise me this year, and to think all I got you was red underwear.”

                “You nasty.” Baekhyun kicked him under the table. “You made me wear red underwear on our honeymoon night.”

                “I know. Think of it as a mediocre payment for your efforts today.” Chanyeol grinned innocently. Baekhyun took the advantage of this moment to hold out an envelope. He slipped it under Chanyeol’s hand.

                “What is it?”

                “Another Valentine’s Day surprise, and after this you’ll need to get me more than red underwear.”

                Chanyeol opened the envelope, and after several minutes, he whisked his husband in his arms and swung him all over the room, screaming in joy.

                Valentine’s Day couldn’t be any better.

 

 

A/N: It's finally up!!! The ending of this whole story. I've spent months on this, changing again and again because I wasn't satisfied. I gave in my best effort so I hope you guys like it. And what is Baekhyun's Valentine surprise? I guess I'll leave that up to you guys XD

Thanks for the support!! I truly appreciate it, and for better effect, I recommend listening to True by Ryan Cabrera. It is his song that inspired the whole chapter for me.

Kisses! Muacks!