Another Baby On It's Way

A Baby For You, And Maybe One For Me

                “AHHH!!!! Hold the phone!!!!”

                “Wait what who died?!?” Chanyeol shot up in surprise, his hair messy, hands fumbling on his bed and his eyes not even open. It was 3 o’clock in the morning, with only 3 more hours left until the day starts. He looked over to his left and saw his fiancé Baekhyun, panting while he sat up.

                “Baek? Baekkie is everything okay?”

                “Oh…oh god Chanyeol…” Baekhyun clutched his Chanyeol’s chest, breathing erratically with sweat beads forming on the edge of his hairline.

                “What’s wrong? Did you have a nightmare?”

                “I did…and…it was horrible!”

                “It’s okay, it’s not real. You’re here with me now.” Chanyeol pulled him close and rubbed his back.

                “I dreamt that the caterer forgot the smoked salmon on the salad.”

                “You gotta be kidding me.” Chanyeol rolled his eyes. “How is that a nightmare?”

                “What kind of smoked salmon salad would it be if we didn’t have smoked salmon?!” Baekhyun panicked.

                “It’ll just be a salad, which is what it should have been originally anyways.” Chanyeol chuckled. He looked down as his lover’s serious expression and sighed deeply. “Baek, I know you have been stressed out over the wedding but we have been planning this for months now. Weren’t you the one who told me everything was going well?”

                “It was.”

                “Then what are you so worried about?”

                “Are you saying you don’t care if the caterer messes up the menu or the photographer doesn’t show up or if it rains on our outdoor wedding day?!”

                “What I’m saying is that all I need on our wedding day is you, me, our closest friends and family, a ring and a promise to love each other forever. I could care less if it rains, shines, hailstorms or even a hurricane. I just want to marry you.” Chanyeol leaned down to kiss him, rubbing his back soothingly.

                “I can’t believe this. You don’t care about our wedding.” Baekhyun pulled himself out of Chanyeol’s embrace and pushed him. He turned and crossed his arms, pouting like an angry 6 year old because his mother wouldn’t get him candy. “How about we just go to the damn courthouse and just sign the papers and call it a day? We won’t need to invite anybody and just cancel the caterer, the venue, the musicians…I’ll go return my Armani suit and rent something that makes me look like Colonel Sanders!!”

                “It’s not that.” Chanyeol ruffled his hair and sighed for the umpteenth time. “It’s just that we have done everything we possibly can. All that’s left is a few small puzzles to fit in the jigsaw, and you worrying about the worst is not going to help. All that’s doing is making you agitated and sleepless.” He took Baekhyun’s hand and kissed the back of it gently. “I love you so much Baekhyun. All I really want is to call you my husband.”

                “Really?”

                “Really. We both want a nice wedding and we’ve done all we can, but worrying won’t change what might happen in the future.”

                “I guess you’re right.” Baekhyun unfolded his arms and he found his way back in Chanyeol’s embrace again. “I just wanted a nice party. I just wanted everyone to have a good time.”

                “I know Baekkie.”

                “I figured if everyone was enjoying themselves then we would enjoy ourselves too.”

                “Yes indeed.”

                “I just wanted some nice photos too, to keep as a memory.”

                “Of course.”

                “Some nice food too.”

                “Uh huh.”

                “And you know, maybe casually saunter up to my old high school mates who used to make fun of me for going to the prom with a chaperone and be like ‘who’s laughing now es?’”

                Chanyeol snickered at that one. Baekhyun’s rivalry with his ex-school mates was not something that would ever end.

                “I just wanted to stick my ring under their noses and be like ‘that’s right, look who’s got a hot husband you Two-Times-Divorcee-With-5-Children and you Still-Living-In-Your-Parents-Basement-With-Your--Collection and you Golddigger-Trying-To-Kiss-Up-Your-60-Year-Old-Boss’s-.’”

                “Baek if you hated your old high school mates why did you invite them?”

                “What’s the fun of a wedding if I can’t show of? I am the star of the wedding, and I’m marrying a prince.”

                “I wouldn’t call myself a prince,” Chanyeol laughed. “Maybe more of king or emperor.”

                “Stop it.” Baekhyun nudged him, but he was smiling anyways. “Thanks Chanyeol. I do feel much better.”

                “Shall I help you relax?”Chanyeol bent down to kiss him, lips moving fast to his jawline and down Baekhyun’s slender neck. Baekhyun had already fallen back on his bed, squirming from Chanyeol’s touch.

                “Nuh uh…you…already…relaxed me 4 times tonight.” Baekhyun moaned, feeling strong hands around his, bringing them back above his head.

                “There is no such thing as too relaxed.” Chanyeol smirked, rubbing himself against Baekhyun’s crotch, feeling a delicious spark between them.

                “I still need to walk tomorrow.”

                “I’ll be gentle.”

                “You say that but you don’t mean it.”

                “And you never mind it.”

                Baekhyun never won an argument with Chanyeol anyways.

*****************

                “Alright kids let’s go through the questions one more time and Hansol will you stop messing with Irene’s pigtails?!” Baekhyun got up from his seat and Hansol, a very rebellious 10-year old immediately stopped his ministrations and folded his hands quietly on the table. He gave an angelic smile while Irene pulled her pigtails back and pouted.

                “Hansol, any more movements from you and I’ll have to make you sit in the corner again. Do you want that?”

                “No Mr. Byun.” Hansol shook his head.

                “Good, so behave.” Baekhyun scolded, taking a deep breath once more. No one said being an elementary school teacher was easy. “Okay, back to the comprehension questions. Why did the Princess smile so widely? Was it because the frog turned into a handsome prince, or was it because her father had given them permission to be married?”

                “Me Mr. Byun!!” little Wendy shot her hand up in the air. “It’s because they were getting married!”

                “Very good Wendy! Does everyone else have the same answer?”

                “Yes sir!” the kids chorused.

                “Next question then. The king…”

                “Mr. Byun?” Bambam raised his hand and Baekhyun put down his book to look at him.

                “Yes Bambam?”

                “Did you smile when you knew you were going to get married too?” the cheeky child smiled. The class burst into a fit of giggles as he high-fived Hansol sitting next to him.

                “Okay, how did you guys know I was getting married?” Baekhyun sighed, trying to hide a growing smile but failing as badly as Minkyung did on his Science test.

                “Mr. Kim said you were passing out invitations in the staff office.” Bambam said. Mr. Kim was their math teacher, and also headmaster of the school.

                “Mr. Byun can we come to your wedding too?” Joy asked, and the kids all nodded their heads. “Yes sir!!” “Can we come sir?!” “Oh please sir!”

                “Now now kids,” Baekhyun tried to calm them down. “I would love to have you guys there with me but I can’t do that I’m afraid. I already have too many guests.” A flashback of Chanyeol having a heart attack at their guest list passed through and Baekhyun snickered on the inside.

                “Mr. Byun, who are you getting married to?” Irene asked.

                “Is it a she?” one of the kids asked.

                “I bet it’s a he. Like my daddies!” Hansol piped up.

                “Hansol is right, it’s a he.” Baekhyun chuckled.

                “I have two daddies too!” Bambam said. One of the kids at the back said she had two daddies as well and some of them had two mummies. It was slowly becoming noisy and Baekhyun clapped his hands loudly to gather their attention.

                “Come on kids! There’s only 5 minutes till the end of school and I want to finish this set of questions.”

                “Mr. Byun how does your husband look like? Is he tall and handsome? Like a prince?” Joy asked, almost standing up in eagerness.

                “Tell us Mr. Byun!” the kids urged. Baekhyun didn’t know what to do. He hid his face in embarrassment, feeling the heat in his whole body.

                “Now now kids.” A deep voice rumbled through the classroom and the kids stared in shock at the stranger that walked into his classroom. No one was more surprised than Baekhyun because he dropped his jaw so wide and his tongue unfurled like those cheesy Cartoon Network characters.

                “Your English teacher is marrying me.” Chanyeol grinned widely, holding a beautiful bouquet of white tulips. He wrapped an arm around his shocked and very red-faced fiancé (seriously, think of a lobster, but even redder) and handed him the bouquet.

                “Chanyeol! What are you doing here?” Baekhyun managed to stutter out, holding up the flowers so that it hid his whole face.

                “We’re supposed to go for lunch after this together, remember?”

                “Yes, but I still have three minutes left in class!”

                “I thought I’d surprise you, and I certainly did a good job eh?” Baekhyun wanted to smack Chanyeol’s way-too-gorgeous face with the flowers but he couldn’t do it (the flowers were way too gorgeous). The kids had already gotten out of their seats and were slowly crowding around the couple.

                “What’s your name?”

                “My name is Park Chanyeol, and what is yours?”

                “I’m Hansol and this is Bambam, Irene, Joy, Wendy, Peter…”

                “Okay kids go back to your seats! Come on! We don’t have time for this!” Baekhyun tried to chase them away.

                “Give him a kiss Mr. Park!!” Joy teased from her seat.

                “Don’t mind if I do.” Chanyeol leaned forward but Baekhyun stopped him immediately.

                “Park Chanyeol if you kiss me here you will never kiss me again.”

                “Kiss!! Kiss!!! Kiss!!” the kids chanted. Naughty Hansol sneaked out of his seat and pushed his teacher. Baekhyun slipped from his position and his lips crashed into Chanyeol’s. The kids laughed and squealed, just in time for the bell to ring.

                “Not my fault. The kids pushed you.” Chanyeol spoke up defensively, watching the kids pack up their things and head off. “Goodbye kids!”

                “Bye Mr. Park! Bye Mr. Byun!” the kids waved goodbye to them, smiling and laughing as they left the class. Baekhyun waited for the class to be empty before hitting Chanyeol on the chest.

                “Chanyeol!! That was embarrassing!”

                “But a good kind of embarrassing right? You didn’t try to kick me out of class so I assumed it went well.” Chanyeol laughed, pulling Baekhyun close, rocking him side to side. “Let me give you a proper kiss, the other one almost knocked my teeth out.”

                “Chan…” Baekhyun felt a warm pair of lips on his and he could feel his cheeks reddening again. It almost felt wrong, to be kissing in an elementary school classroom but he had to admit, what Chanyeol did was pretty romantic.

                “You like the flowers?” Chanyeol asked.

                “I do. Thank you.” Baekhyun smiled. “I’ll grab my stuff and we can go off.”

                “Perhaps I should set up a rule for kissing in the classroom.”

                “Good grief Joonmyun! You gave me a heart attack!!” Chanyeol clutched his heart dramatically. He walked over to his friend Mr. Kim Joonmyun (the math teacher and school headmaster) and gave him a friendly hug. Joonmyun and Chanyeol were childhood friends, growing up in the same neighbourhood.

                “Looks like your age old fantasy of surprising your lover in a classroom finally came true.” Joonmyun teased. “Although you do realize you can’t do this all the time. I’m only cutting you slack because you guys are getting married.”

                “Got it boss.” Baekhyun gave him a mock salute. “Chanyeol why don’t you go get the car?”

                “Sure. I’ll meet you out front.” Chanyeol waved as he left the room. Baekhyun was closing up his bag as Joonmyun roamed the classroom.

                “Are you all prepared to get married?”

                “I am.” Baekhyun smiled. “I’m looking forward to the big day. You’re supposed to come right? Don’t skip out on me.”

                “I will I will, otherwise Chanyeol would rat out to my mum and cry about how our 20 something years of friendship was a waste.” Joonmyun chuckled.

                “Are you bringing a date then?”

                “Er no. I’m coming alone.”

                “Come on Joonmyun.” Baekhyun put a hand on his shoulder. “It’s been 4 years since Sunny has passed away. I know you’ve been having a tough time but I don’t want to think about you spending your future all alone.”

                “That’s nice of you Baekhyun but believe me I’ve tried. I just can’t seem to find the right person, regardless of any gender.”

                “Well, remind me to hook you up on my wedding.” Baekhyun teased, walking out of the classroom.

                “Don’t count on it Baekhyun, and you’re supposed to call me Mr. Kim when we’re in school grounds.”

                “We’ll see about it, Mr. Kim.”

*****************

                “Hey Yixing!!” Baekhyun greeted The Wu family’s nanny Yixing, who has been working due to Tao’s pregnancy. “Twins still in pre-school?”

                “Nope, they just got back. They’re out in the yard playing football, or something that seems very similar to it. You never know.” Yixing laughed, welcoming the couple into the house. “Lunch will be ready in a few minutes.”

                “How is Tao doing today?”

                “Like how every other pregnant person acts. Grumpy.” Yixing rolled his eyes. “It’s much better this time around though. I think it’s because he’s only having one baby this time.” The group made their way into the living room, where Tao is sitting there, bundled up in sheets and pillows, his baby bump just peeking out.

                “How you doing Tao?”

                “Hey Baekhyun, Chanyeol!” Tao tried to stand up but gave up eventually, giving them half hugs. “I’d like to stand but you know that once I sit down I can’t get up again.”

                “I know and you really are peaking this time.” Baekhyun joked.

                “God I know you wouldn’t understand this but I just cannot wait for the baby to come out.” Tao groaned. “I know it’s warm and comfy and all you do is sleep and eat but come on, you gotta give me a break.”

                “Still don’t know the of your child?”

                “Nope, we want it to be a surprise.” Tao snickered. “I have a feeling it might be a girl, while Kris thinks it’s another boy.”

                “What do the twins say?”

                “They are kind of impartial. They want a sister so that they can play Kings and Queens with, but then again they want another boy to complete their football team.” Tao patted his tummy protectively.

                “When are you due again?” Chanyeol asked.

                “In about a month’s time. The doctor expects it to be on the 27th.”

                “That’s cutting it a little close. We’re getting married on the 22nd.” Baekhyun pouted. “I hope nothing bad happens.”

                “It’s fine. No matter what happens, by hook or by crook I am attending this wedding.” Tao stood up with Yixing’s help and sat down at the dining room table. Lunch was a pleasant affair, and after that Yixing had some chores to do while Chanyeol played with the twins.

                “As they say, you only have one month left until hell.” Tao teased and Baekhyun groaned.

                “Oh come on. It’s not that bad is it?”

                “Of course not. I never understood why they all made jokes about marriage being the romance graveyard or the end of freedom or whatever. As far as I’m concerned, my relationship with Kris didn’t get better until we were married. And then of course that’s when the kids came.”

                “Yeah, it’s so good you guys are expecting another one.”

                “Exactly.” Tao rubbed his belly like it was the magic crystal ball. “This is proof of our love right here.”

                “Then shouldn’t there be the Brady bunch somewhere around here?” Baekhyun looked around.

                “Shut up.” Tao pushed him. “Are you excited or nervous about getting married?”

                “I’m excited to be married, and nervous about the wedding.”

                “That’s normal. I remember I was so stressed for mine I didn’t sleep for two days before the wedding.”

                “I know! Your eyes were so red on that day you looked like a vampire!”

                “And then I started crying but it only made it worse!” the two best friends laughed heartedly. “They never needed the red-eye thing when we took a pictures. It would have worked in reverse for me.”

                “All I know is,” Baekhyun rubbed his cheeks that were sore from laughter. “I’m going to be the star on that day.”

                “Yes you will. You two are going to shine so brightly the aliens will be drawn from outer space.”

                “I just hope I make a good husband like you.”

                “Then it’s impossible.” Baekhyun snorted loudly. “But seriously, you’ll be the perfect husband for Chanyeol.”

                “How do you know?”

                “You love him right? Then that’s it. The one and only criteria. Done.”

 

 

 

A/N: So many of you guys have been asking for a sequel, and guess what? HERE IT IS!!!!! XD

This is only part one though, I do have another part coming soon. In the meantime please do enjoy it and upvote and subscribe!! Thanks guys!!

I can't seem to stop using these Xiumin kiss gifs XD