Chapter 22 - Sanctuary

The Puppet Master
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The memories of yesterday seems to haunt me, pictures of my mom and dad casually replaying in my head, those days were made to be broken in a short span of life. I could still remember the days, that I’m sneaking out from my room, to went out to the nearest convenience store, it has green paint in the wall, the stalls are quite big, from smallest thing you need to the most needed ones it’s available in it. The strawberry ice cream that I always pick as I cheerfully walk over to the counter.

Then I’m going to the other side of the bridge, there’s a playground there, kids were in the same age as mine running and giggling while I just sit under the tree eating peacefully my ice cream. But then there’s this always kid he’s about older than me, he’s on the car watching from afar, his eyes were gloomy, as if he wanted to play along with the other kids. He will just stay there then after thirty minutes the car will always disappear.

“Hyun Jae, are you okay?” Mr. Kim ask me, he is looking at the rear mirror, examining my face. “Yeah I’m okay, I’m just thing about something” I said as I look at him and smiled. “Are you familiar with this neighborhood?” he asked me as he made his turn to park on the side. “Yeah kind of, I used to play on this area” I said as I wander my eyes around. We came here to this place because we need to do survey in this area, this is important for the new project that we are making right now. But somehow this place is a bit uncomfortable though I’m pretty familiar with this neighborhood.

We ask several people and give them a paper for them to answer the surveys. This work is kind of challenging because some people won’t even pay attention to us, but then we still manage to do this job. It’s twelve in the afternoon, and Mr. Lee decided to get a bunch of food for the staffs and of course to our team. Just then Seunghyun came as he patted his head with a white cloth, he seems exhausted and all, but he still manages to handle things professionally. “How’s the work?” he asked in his usual tone. Mr. Lee decided to talk to with him privately. Just then I wander around and saw a familiar figure, he is wearing casual clothes, his gray is turning gray, those eyes still intimidate me. I tried to lure m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter