Thanks

Fool's Paradise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sunlight shone through the open windows. A finch came and sat on the window sill of the open window and stared curiously inside. The inside room of the small shack was empty except for a bed, a nightstand, and a desk in the corner with a small wooden chair. There in the bed lied a girl who was sleeping soundly. A movement from her scared the bird, and it flew away to who knows where.

 

Where am I? Damn it, my head hurts too much.

 

"Did you finally decide to wake up? I seriously thought for a moment that you were dead, Irene. Well, at least it was quiet in the house for a while." The door creaked open, and Myungsoo came in carrying a tray of milk and a loaf of bread.

 

"Shut up. You wouldn't have rescued me if you really wanted me dead. How long was I out?" Irene asked while trying to sit up on the bed. He set the tray on the night stand and pulled up the wooden chair and sat down next to the bed. "Not long. About a day. It's 7 a.m. right now. How you feeling?" Myungsoo asked with a face of worry he only showed to Irene. However, Irene hated seeing that face. It made her feel guilty for making him worry. So although her head hurt like hell, she lied and said with a smile, "As good as new. You don't need to worry about me. It's not like it's the first time this kind of thing happened."

 

Why won't you ever rely on me? Don't let your delicate shoulders carry all the burden.

 

He sighed and then managed to give out a chuckle. "True. I guess that stupid brain of yours will never learn. You do realize that I'm the one cleaning after you whenever you make a mess right?"

 

"Well, I'm sorry for being born with a stupid brain. And you do realize I am sorry for that every time right? In my defense, the guards were just exaggerating over a loaf of bread. I mean who beats a kid to death just because they stole something as little as that and send them to the most notorious jail? They just wanted to kill time. I hate those kind of people." Irene said while finishing the bread and gulped down the glass of milk in one go.

 

"If you hate those kind of people, then all you have to do is avoid getting involved with them. Meaning no stealing."

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter