Escape

Fool's Paradise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I'm going to start off the story with them before 17, so you guys know how they met and stuff. After that, I'm planning to do a two year time jump and go back to the 'present' when they're 17 year old. So please don't get confused. 

 

 

Fifteen years old. I was caught stealing bread. The only sense that functioned properly was my hearing senses. I couldn’t see anything due to blood and all I could hear was the guards beating the life out of me. I was sure I was in the midst of a crowded market, yet I felt no warmth reaching out to help me. It was to be expected. Fear is a powerful thing. Next thing, I out.

 

 

When I came to my senses, I was in a dark room with only the moonlight coming through the small window to light the place up. Laying on the stone hard ground, every part of my bone became numb and I started to doubt if they were there in the first place. Seeing it as useless, I stopped trying to move and just laid there. Looking around, I was surrounded by stone walls, several debris of broken stones and the steel door. I realized it was an underground jail. It's the place where they keep the criminals. Then, all of a sudden, I laughed out loud in a hysterical and maniacal way. I can't believe I only stole a loaf of bread and this is where I end up.

 

Wow. I really have hit rock bottom.

 

A loud bang was heard from the clashing of something against the steel door.

 

“Shut the up, you swine!”

 

It was the guard. So they're guarding the doors. Out of nowhere, a sudden burst of courage rose from deep inside of me, and I talked back to the guard.

 

“Hey. Isn’t it boring to guard just a bunch of worthless criminals? Not to mention when all you can really see is a bunch of doors. You must be a newbie,” I called out in the silence.

 

I had no idea where this courage came from. I guess when you realize you had hit rock bottom, you also realize you had nothing to lose. So this is why people say the ones you should fear are not the ones on the top, but the ones on the bottom.

 

As if he was insulted the most revoking insult in his life, the guard put his face against the little rectangular box on the door that only showed half his face and shouted, “You little ! I’ll let you know that I am a high ranking officer and respected by most! I’m on a completely different level than you little ing swine!”

 

He kept on shaking and pushing against the door as he shouted. I realized he was pretty easy to manipulate if he could get this worked up by a fifteen-year-old girl. If this was any other situation, I would not have stepped over the lines just to save my life, but I realized this time, I needed to step over to save my life. So I continued to provoke with him my words as best as a fifteen-year-old could to an adult.

 

 “Man, how respected are you to be in charge of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter