Chapter 8

Please, I'm a survivor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Breakfast is served!" Irene cheered serving kimchi pancake with soy sauce. 

"I told you, don't feel like you have to return anything," I stated lazily. Finally it's the weekend and I'll get to do some actual research on Jieun. I have my day planned out already, Seoul institution of mental health it is.

"But I do, I can't be a burden all the time." I rolled my eyes at her and started eating. Her cooking is amazing! All the flavors blend so well with each other and is melting in my mouth. After I finished the plate I looked over to Irene who hasn't touched the food.

"Why aren't yo-" Suddenly, head started spinning and my vision started blurring. What's going o-

I'm sunbathing next to the pool in my garden. Tiffany is next to me. Is this Austrailia? I remember this day. Jiyong oppa is going to silently come for me next and tell me that he has something to talk about. I took my sunglasses off and looked over to the side where he was already there with a glum and unsatisfying look on his face.

"We need to talk." He said signalling Tiffany to leave us alone.

"What is it GD? Uni problems?" I asked. Of course, now I know what it is about.

"It's about Jieun." He stated making me sit up straight.

"Did she get bullied again? Who was it this time?" I asked annoyed. 

"She's not being bullied, it's worse." 

"What?" This time I was concerned.

"She's gone." I froze. Gone? As in dead? Tears started forming in my eyes. "It was a car accident, both her and Driver Smith have passed away." Tears were now rolling down my face as he hugged me tightly caressing my hair. 

I remember that day very well, all those feelings and thoughts that I had. It was so...

I started awakening. It looks like I've been crying in real life. My vision started becomming clearer as I looked at the ceiling. It was plain black with just one light bulb giving off a very dim light. I am in a very uncomfortable bed and my hands are tied over me. I feel like I've seen this before, but where? Memories of how I became unconscience flooded. Did Irene drug me? Why? How long have I been unconscience for? From the side I fell a heavy dip. A figure was next to me. Slowly, I turned my head only to scream at the top of my lungs. Jieun, no her dead body, is next to me! I moved about to free myself but I couldn't.

"The space is saved for you." The last words from 'Jieun' in skype rang in my head.

Tears fell from my eyes. I'm exactly where  'Jieun' wants me to be in right now. How am I going to get out? I managed to get the guts to look at Jieun's dead body again. I studied her. Her black and blue skin due to no blood circulation, the heavy make up on her face to make her look somewhat alive, her perfectly curled hair which looks like it has been done just 5 minutes ago, her eyes are still open, however the pupil has dissapeared. My breath quickened as my body started shaking. Inhale, exhale, inhale, exhale, inha-

"You're awake," I turned around to see Irene coming into the room. Anger and betrayel rushed through me.

"So it's you." I stated in realisation. Irene's Jieun?

"What? No!" She shouted taking off everything that binded me into the bed. "We don't have much time left." She said.

"No, I think we have time for an explanation. Why did you drug me?" I asked devastated.

"I got a message from 'Kai' yesterday. If I did what he said then he'll reveal himself to me. I'm so sorry! I became selfish. I just wanted to get this over with!" She broke down into tears. Although I'm still angry at her, I underestand her, I wouldn't think twice if Jieun had made me to that. I would have done it straight away, I guess every person's just selfish and greedy to answer their own questions.

"So, do you know who it is?" I dared to ask. She wiped off her tears.

"Yeah, that's why we have to run. Or else, he'll kill us." She stated grabbing my hand and rushing out the room. I had no idea where we were going but I followed her without thinking.

"Can't you at least tell me who it is?" I shouted. Instead of saying it, she shushed me. We slowly hid ourselves as footsteps were heard behind us. 

"Come out, come out wherever you are!" A male's voice singed causing a shiver down my spine. I suddenly had a thought. Could 'Jieun' and 'Kai' be the same person? I suddenly felt a breath on my neck. "Found ya." he whispered. I slowly turned around to a guy that I had never seen before. He had dark brown hair and a smug look on his face. "You must be Jisung. You're beautiful but unfortunately, I'm not h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter