Chapter 1

This Ghost's In Love With You

SANDARA’S POV

“Stop her, chase her, and kiss her!” I am getting frustrated with the main characters of this TV drama I have been watching on the displayed televisions of an appliances shop.

“Babo-ya! Why are you both so dense?! She doesn’t want to go, can’t you see it?” It was a scene where the heroine told his leading man that she realized she was being a bother on the man’s life when in fact everything about the guy’s life went right because of her.

“Why do you guys always have to be martyrs? Babo-deul, mongchong-ie!” I kicked the can lying quietly on my feet and I shocked myself when it flew farther than it should.

I turned my back from the display window and started walking away as the drama ended.

“They had the chance to love and why do they choose to become stupid? Aigoo.”

I noticed that people hugs themselves as I pass by them. Well, cold breeze and chilly feelings always comes with me when I walk. It’s inevitable since I am a wandering spirit. It hasn’t been long since it sank on me that I really am a ghost. I remembered when I first realized it, I was very shocked and confused because I have no recollection of what my past life was, who I am, what I look like or how I died. Nothing. Nada. I was only able to know that I am dead when a mail with wings came flying to me with a letter saying “WELCOME TO THE SECOND DIMENSION, SANDARA PARK!” And it was the only thing I know, that my name is Sandara Park.

My reminiscing was cut off when I heard a very familiar voice calling my name.

“Nunaaa! Dara-nuna!”

I looked around trying to find out where the voice was coming from.

“Nuna! Here! Look over here!”

On the roof of a café not far from me was Chanyeol. He was waving at me so I immediately flew to him.

“Ya! Chanyeol-ah! Long time no see.” Chanyeol was the very first soul to talk to me and we have been together for most of the times.

I smiled at him and he smiled back. But not the kind of smile I am familiar with because it didn’t reach his bright round eyes.

“Hey, what’s wrong?”

“Nuna, have you heard of the latest from the Spirit Bulletin?” He was talking about the official announcement board of the whole spiritual dimension.

“No, not yet. Why?”

“Hasn’t any fly mail come to you yet?”

“No, there noth- Wait.” I remember, a fly mail did came earlier but I was too absorbed with the drama that I did not bother to read it.

“I have it somewhere here.”

I opened my hands and it came floating in front of me so I opened it. It was the latest list of the next batch of going souls. It was a long list but something particularly caught my eye.

On the latter part of the list was a name creepily and recklessly written. And it was mine.

On my peripheral view I saw Chanyeol looking at me intently as if waiting for my reaction. His eyes reflecting his emotions.  (Yea. Souls do have emotions too.)

I myself cannot speak. Something was pinching my chest and it hurts. And the expression my favorite dongsaeng has on his face makes it hurt even more.

“Nuna.”

“Oh?” I turned to him when he called me silently.

It hasn’t even been long since I became a soul and I am already scheduled to go?! I haven’t even figured out who I am nor have I finished watching my favorite drama, so why?!

“WHY?!” I shouted on my mind but decided not to voice it out thinking of Chanyeol.

“Sorry.” A voice suddenly said inside my head.

“Who was that?” I looked around to find who owns the unfamiliar voice.

“Who was who, nuna?’

“I heard a voice. Didn’t you hear it?”

“I didn’t hear anything. Are you okay?” he looked at me worriedly.

I looked around one more time but found no one. I guess it’s just my imagination.

“Yeah. I’m okay.”

My eyes flew to the letter again and I saw Chanyeol look away. Then his shoulders started shaking and then I hear him cry.

“Yaa~ Chanyeol-ah.” I tried consoling him but his cries grew louder that I didn’t notice myself starting to cry. He faced me.

“Nunaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh!” he bawled and before I knew it, we were hugging and crying like little kids.

 

AUTHOR’s POV

“Shut up!” Jiyong yelled loudly that his friends stopped talking and laughing and turned to him. They were sitting inside a café near the park where they just performed at. They went there to chill because their leader is in a bad mood since earlier after having no sleep due to writing a song, being prematurely woken up by Seungri, got stucked on traffic, fan girls started coming over the stage harassing him, stepped on a dog poop and the last thread being cut off by a hard hit on the head with a can. His morning has been pretty ty.

Seungri, Daesung, Seunghyun and Youngbae eyed Jiyong cautiously.

“Do you guys hear that?” he asked his friends irritated.

“Hear what?” Youngbae asked his obviously agitated friend.

“That!” he answered even pointing in the air trying to emphasize his point.

“It sounds like two pigs crying who were on the verge of being slaughtered. It’s ing annoying!” he screamed earning even more weird glances from his friends and some of the customers sitting near them.

“Hyung.” Seungri called, “I don’t hear anything.”

Seungri then stood up followed by Daesung. The former touched Jiyong’s forehead as if checking his temperature while the latter looked over his head trying to look for something beneath his hair.

Jiyong slapped them both and they returned to their seats trying to conceal their laughs.

“Did the can hit you that hard?” it was Seungri.

“Maybe it was the dog poop.” Daesung added and they laughed except for Jiyong. They fell silent then Jiyong screamed again surprising everyone.

“Aaaaghhh!” realizing where the noise must be coming from and why his friends cannot hear it Jiyong frustratedly scratched his head and stood up. He then wore his hoody, took his guitar leaning on the table and strapped it on his shoulder before taking his Iced Americano and walked out of the café.

“You see, sometimes I don’t really get him. He’s like this person who has split personalites.” Seungri turned his head towards his hyungs who are standing up one by one and preparing to leave.

“The dude had a pretty ty morning thanks to you, the dog and the can, so let’s try to understand.” Seunghyun answered throwing his guitar bag over his shoulder.

“No, you see he’s like a cool hyung sometimes, sometimes y and most often ier.” Seungri insisted and sipped on his caramel macchiato not realizing that the person he was talking about came back and was standing right behind him.

Seunghyun tried to contain his laugh and they all looked sympathetically at their maknae then to Jiyong who’s brows are forming a straight line.

“Kwon Jiyong. Stop giving our maknae a hard time dealing with your iness.” He said making Seungri look behind him only to be welcomed by a solid hit on the head from Jiyong.

“Aaah! Appeo!” he rubbed his head which was ‘blessed’ by the grumpy Jiyong.

“Let’s get out of here or I’m going to kill someone right now.” Jiyong said and turned back picking up his bag which he came back for.

He could still hear the annoying howl and when they stepped out of the café he felt a strange sensation on his neck making him look over the café shop. His eyes were caught by two strange figures on top of the roof.

“I knew it.” He uttered to himself.

“Knew what, hyung?” Seungri appeared beside him.

“Shut up or I’m gonna kill you.

The wailing grew louder. He looked one last time on the roof.

“ing ghosts.” He cursed and continued to walk away from the shop.

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------x

Sooo, this is chapter 1. Sorry for the boring first chap. Mian, mianhae~!

Comments and reactions are most welcome.

Thank you for reading and subcribing guys! ;)