Prologue

This Ghost's In Love With You

SOMETIME IN 'THE LIGHT'

AUTHOR'S POV

 

“Hey, Sanghyun!” Sanghyun heard Il woo call him from behind and he immediately stopped from what he was doing upon hearing his team leader's and looked up. He saw IL Woo flying towards him smiling and stopped in front of his desk.

“Hyungnim?” he stood up and smiled at him.

“How are you doing here? Are you adopting well?” Sanghyun is an intern as a spirit relations officer at the Spirit Bulletin department and Jung Il Woo is his immediate supervisor.  It hasn’t been long since Sanghyun crossed “the tunnel” and it was Il Woo who recruited him to the SB. He had always been accommodating and nice to Sanghyun and he feels really comfortable with him as if he had known him in his past life although he finds him weird sometimes, like now. Il Woo was eye-smiling at him.

“Ye-yes, hyungnim. I’m just waiting for the last batch of names before finalizing the list so I may be posting it later today.” Il woo smiled more brightly and tapped him on the shoulders.

“I’ve always known you’d be something great.” Il Woo held him at arm’s length and looked at his face as if admiring him and he looked pleased. “And good looking.” Sanghyun’s brow creased at his team leader’s strange actions. Il Woo let go of him and satisfyingly smiled before winking at him.

“Well, I better go. Just make sure you get the names right and post it by tonight so we can post it on the board tomorrow. Make no erasures, remember that that list is a special paper so you can’t erase anything you write. So, I just checked on you. Keep up the good work. And take care of yourself. Most specially the face.” He motioned his hands over his face and looked at Sanghyun one more time before turning away and spreading his wings.

“Haaa. Why am I so good looking?” Il Woo uttered to himself which Sanghyun was not able to hear because of the sound of his wings flapping as he flew away.

Sanghyun’s eyebrows are still wrinkled while watching his team leader flying away in a graceful motion as if he’s on an exhibit or something. When he vanished, sanghyun turned back to what he was doing and noticed a fly mail floating beside him. He took it and opened it. It was the last batch of the names of the ‘going-souls’ scheduled to go through the tunnel 40 days from now. He then started typing but stopped at the name on the bottom of the list. It was blurry and slightly erased making it hard to read. He turned his head looking for anyone who can help him and failed to see one, well, besides Lee Joon who’s busy looking at the mirror and stupidly making aegyo with his face. He kept on looking but his eyes still ended up on him. He sighed and approached him anyway having no choice.

Lee Joon was winking on his reflection on the mirror when Sanghyun called his name. He looked up and smiled his foxy smile on him.

“Yaaaa. Sanghyun-ah! Wassup?” he stood up and threw his arms over Sanghyun’s shoulder.

“Hyung, I need your help. Do you know how to read?”

“Ya! What do you think I am? Stupid.”

Sanghyun answered yes in his mind but decided not to voice it out afraid of the continuous blabbering his friend’s mouth is capable of.

He took the letter from his hand and showed it to him. “Can you understand what this is?” he asked pointing at the blurry name.

Joon looked at it then brought it near his face, his eyes getting smaller as he tries to read it before looking at it far away and bringing it close to his face again.

“The last name’s Park, that I am sure of.” Joon said.

“Hyung, I can see that. What I need is the name. I think it’s like Samara, Damada, or Canara?” Sanghyun guessed exchanging gazes with Joon who was obviously thinking hard.

“Nah, it seemed more like Sandara or Sarara.”

“You think so?”

“I have an idea.” He smiled brightly before taking the list and took his pen. “Give me that paper.” He said pointing to the one on top of his table and he gave it to him. Joon turned his back on Sanghyun and scribbled something. “Sanghyun-ah, say stop whenever you like, okay?”

“Why? What are you doing, hyung?” he tried peeping over his back but Joon only covered the paper more. “Just say stop anytime you like.”

“Okay. Stop.” He saw Joon’s arm stop from moving and wrote something on the paper.

“There, your draft is complete. Thank me later. I need run away from Seungho-hyung.” He said talking about the spirit guide who’s in charge to train him. He then winked at sanghyun and flew away.

“Why is everybody winking today?” he asked himself before looking at the paper Lee Joon just handed him. It was only then that he realized what happened. He looked at the last name written on the paper which earlier was a blank space. There lays a reckless hand writing which read ‘SANDARA PARK’.

"Y-ya,ya,yaaaa Hyung! What did you do!? It's not a draft!" he yelled to Lee Joon who is now very far from him flying in circle motions and the paper on his hands is slowly vanishing.

Then its gone.There goes his welfare.