Waltz for you.

Never Knew I Needed.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 3: Waltz for you

 

 

“And last but not least, I wish my daughter and her new husband a happy life filled with loves and blessings. Congratulations, my little girl,” the bride’s dad wrapped up his speech for the newlywed with loud applause from the guests.

 

Shinhye was holding back her tears, smiled gracefully to her dad from her table. “Jinja mianhae,” she muttered softly.

 

“Thank you for such a lovely and heartwarming speech, Congressman Park. We are touched by your words. May the blessings given by the father become the happiness in our newlywed’s life,” the MC took over the mic. “Now, let’s move on to the dance floor. Shall we invite our bride and groom for some waltz?”

 

The guests agreed on behalf of them. Then the band started to play some waltz music and everyone had their eyes on the bride and the groom.

 

As they planned, they had been expecting this. Yonghwa got on his feet and reached his hand toward Shinhye. She took his hand and they walked to the dance floor. Just like the real bride and groom, they danced.

 

“Are you okay?” he asked, his mouth was just next to her ears.

 

Shinhye was in his arms, literally they were like hugging each other plus with the dance steps. They were so close, they could felt each other warm breath. Though they were long time best friend, such close contact or close skinship was not their thing. Goodbye hug, happy hug were used only when there were required.

 

“Will I be okay after lying to my dad about my own marriage?”

 

Yonghwa knew she was still worried. He could read it just by looking at her eyes.

 

“Well, I’m sorry for dragging you into my own mess.”

 

“You know heaven will punish us for this right? We can lie to them, but we can never lie to our ancestor after we took our vow.”

 

“I’m sorry Shinhye ah. I’m sorry for making you my bride. I’m sorry for stealing away your most awaited moment in your life.”

 

Shinhye rolled her eyes. Things had already went this far. They already took their vows in front of hundreds of guests. Their parents had give their blessings. Yonghwa knew this. She understood why he was saying sorry now. Because they couldn’t turn back the time.

 

“Ouch!” Yonghwa jumped slightly. Shinhye pretended to step on his foot, but he quickly remained calm and continued their dance.

 

“Don’t say sorry when you don’t even mean it. It’s too late for any sorry, Jung Yonghwa ssi,” she told him.

 

“Ah, so you did that on purpose huh?” his eyes went wide. He pulled her closer to him. Their chest met. “I could do the more than that,” he said mischievously.

 

She scoffed and this time she slightly stepped on his left foot with her pointy heels.

 

“Yah!” Yonghwa almost dropped her from his arms. Everyone was actually watching them.

 

“Aigoo, my husband is so clumsy,” she smiled and rest her hands firmly on his shoulder. “Don’t make me do it again,” she whispered to his ears.

 

“You are so dead,” he whispered back.

 

“Good then. Since only death do us part,” she said in a mocking tone.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter