Marry you.

Never Knew I Needed.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 2: Marry you.

 

 

“You are crazy,” Shinhye said for the nth times. She felt like throwing a punch at the face who was looking at her innocently.

 

When Yonghwa lose his mind, by kneeling in front of her and asked her to marry him on their first meeting after 6 years apart, Shinhye responded with a kick and back away immediately before the crowd misunderstood the situation. But Yonghwa didn’t stop there. He took her for some chicken and beer time, along with his reason for proposing out of the blue.

 

You all thought it’s going to be a romantic reason ha?

 

“Really Yonghwa? Have you lose your mind? How can there be a wedding without a marriage?” she couldn’t stopped herself after hearing all the absurd talks ever from her best friend.

 

She never thought he was this crazy. Well, she knew he was a crazy namja back in high school who was so popular among girls for his look and charms. But she never thought he would ever lose his mind like this.

 

“Then do you want to marry me? Like for real?” he asked, innocently.

 

“Yah, why should I marry you?” she scoffed as she stared at him.

 

When he told her that he wanted to save his restaurant by getting married, he sounded so desperate. Desperate enough to ask his own best friend to fake a wedding without a real marriage so he could keep his business.

 

“Look, it’s nothing much. I need to save my restaurant and you need to keep your promise with your dad. Isn’t that like a win-win situation?””

 

“But that’s cheating. It’s not even a real marriage, that’s mean I lie to my dad.”

 

“I would do anything, we can even write a contract for this deal. A real contract.”

 

Chuckling, Shinhye glared at him. “Have you been watching too many dramas? Then what happen if I choose to have a wedding with you with a contract? We will get a fake divorce and made our separate ways? You’ll give me half of your shares from your dad company? Like that?” she mocked.

 

 

“Yah, I’m serious here,” he sighed when she made fun of his words.

 

Basically, Yonghwa asked her to marry him, so he could saved his restaurant by keeping a promise with his parents. Well, he didn’t really ask her to marry him. He explained it would just be a wedding --- real wedding ---- but not a real marriage. They wouldn’t have to sign up the marriage registration form. So legally, they would be unmarried.

 

Crazy right? Sounds like a show called We Got Married, a fake marriage show.

 

“Yonghwa ah, if the person whom you were meeting in this blind date was not me, would you ask her the same thing like you ask me too?” she asked in a serious tone.

 

“Because it is you, that’s why I asked. I asked for your favor, chingu ah!” he pouted.

 

Well, he didn’t think of it too. This crazy idea of him came 2 hours ago when they met as blind date. That’s why the proposal came after. He was so determined, he didn’t thought of what happened if it was the other way around.

 

But it didn’t matter anyway. The present was Shinhye was his blind date and he was really thankful for it.

 

“Yah, I still don’t get this. Jung Yonghwa, you better tell me honestly, why you ask for this fake marriage? If there’s something you haven’t tell me all this while?”

 

Yonghwa swallowed down and there’s silence between them. “Okay. Fine. I don’t want to get married, for the rest of my life.”

 

“Huh? Jinja?” her voice was filled with suspicious. “Wait a minute, don’t tell me... You... Are you gay?!” she shrieked, earning the attentions of the other customers.

 

“Yah, have you lose your mind?” he said. “Why would I become gay when I can have women with my handsome face?”

 

“Then why? Why don’t you want a marriage?”

 

He nodded his head firmly. “Commitment. Attachment. I dislike all that. With my handsome face, I want to stay free,” he sounded cocky at the end of his words.

 

“Heol, Jung Yonghwa... I didn’t expect this.”

 

“Shinhye ah, please, help me out,” he reached for one of her hands and held her tight. “We’ve known each other for half of our life. You know me inside out, better than anyone else that I’ve met. I will take care of everything. You don’t have to be worry about a single thing. Before you know it, it will be over. I just need this one time, this one time to save my restaurant that I’ve built for 2 years with my own sweat. Please Shinhye, just help me out with this favor just this once.”

 

He was begging, his eyes were so desperate. She could understand the desperate in him to save his own precious business. She finally got to own her own art studio after 2 years too. She understood that part. But she didn’t understand why must it be her. And what would happened nex

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter