It's Getting Hot in Here, so Put on All Your Clothes

To That Beautiful Place

The morning after the date, Taemin woke up without hitting the snooze button once, something completely unheard of before. Knowing he finally had his first boyfriend was more than enough to put a spring in his step and a smile on his face. It helped that said boyfriend lived in the same house as he did, so they could see each other basically any time they wanted.

 

Taemin ran into his boyfriend when he went inside the kitchen to get his morning coffee. Jonghyun was leaning against the counter, already fully dressed and showing off those goddamn forearms as he drank his coffee. His face lit up as he saw Taemin, and he gestured towards another cup of coffee that he had prepared specifically for Taemin.

 

“Thank you, hyung.” Taemin said, taking a sip before grimacing and reaching for the cupboard where the cream was stored.

 

“Sorry I didn’t put any sweeteners in it, I figured you like your coffee a certain way.” Jonghyun said, feeling slightly guilty.

 

“It’s okay, you’re actually right.” Taemin said, pouring the creamer into his coffee. “Thanks for being thoughtful.” He cupped the side of Jonghyun’s face and gave a quick peck to his cheek, before hurriedly busying himself with stirring his drink.

 

“That was so ing cute!” Jonghyun cooed, facing Taemin, who refused to meet his eyes. “We’re like an old married couple.”

 

“I am not cute.” Taemin mumbled, cheeks flushed red.

 

“Beautiful?”

 

“No.”

 

“Gorgeous?”

 

“Stop it.”

 

“Stunning?”

 

“I will pour this coffee on your head.”

 

Jonghyun gave a cocky smile and drank his coffee, deciding to drop the subject for now. After giving Taemin a few moments to simmer down, he drawled out, “You know, I was hoping we could do something today…”

 

Taemin visibly perked up at that, although he tried to hide it. “Like what?”

 

“Netflix and chill?”

 

Taemin coughed up his coffee. “Excuse me?!” He exclaimed, wiping off his lips.

 

“You know, Netflix and chill.” Jonghyun replied, still wearing that stupid grin.

 

“Goodbye.” Taemin said, deadpan, emptying the rest of his coffee into the sink and leaving without giving Jonghyun a second glance.

 

“Was it something I said?” Jonghyun wondered aloud, sticking his lower lip out.

 

 


 

 

When Taemin went inside the limo to go to school, the first thing out of Jonghyun’s mouth was “Okay, but don’t you want to Netflix and chill?” Taemin sighed and ignored him for the rest of the ride.

 

During school, his phone kept vibrating with messages from Jonghyun, saying things like:

 

Y u no Netflix and chill? (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ

 

Netflix and chill tho??

 

NAC???

 

(that stands for Netflix and chill)

 

Taemin turned his phone off for the rest of the day.

 

Once school was out and he saw the limo waiting for him, he already knew what Jonghyun was going to say before it even left his mouth.

 

“But Taemin-ah, Netfli - “

 

“FOR ’S SAKE, JONGHYUN, I’M NOT GOING TO HAVE WITH YOU, I’M A ING .”

 

They both sat in awkward silence as they felt their faces heating up by the millisecond.

 

Jonghyun was the first to speak up. “W-when did I ever say I wanted to have with you?” He stuttered, taking his sweaty palms off the steering wheel. “I mean, it’s not that I don’t, I just think it’s a bit early for that and I - “

 

“Oh my god, shut up.” Taemin groaned, hiding behind his hands. He could almost cry, he was so embarrassed. “Do you not know what Netflix and chill means? Or are you just ing with me?”

 

Jonghyun’s eyes grew impossibly wide in shock and realization. “Netflix and chill is slang for having ?!” Taemin nodded. “So THAT’S what those internet memes meant…” Jonghyun flushed again as he registered what he has been asking Taemin the entire day. “Oh god, Taemin, I’m so sorry, I didn’t mean to make you uncomfortable…”

 

He looked on in horror as Taemin’s shoulders began to shake. “Oh , Taemin!” Jonghyun rubbed his hand up and down Taemin’s back, trying to comfort him. “I didn’t mean to make you cry, god, I’m such an idiot!”

 

Taemin reappeared from behind his hands as his back fell onto the chair. His body shook with laughter, filling the car and making tears form in the corners of his eyes.

 

“You’re damn right you’re an idiot!” Taemin wheezed out, covering his mouth with his hand. Jonghyun half-heartedly laughed along, still feeling guilty about the whole situation. He wiped his hands on his jeans and bit his lip as he waited for Taemin’s laughter to die down.

 

“I can’t believe you got me so worried over nothing.” Taemin said, wiping his eyes. “I was so on edge during school, you have no idea…”

 

“Can you forgive me?” Jonghyun questioned, turning his attention towards the road.

 

“Huh? Yeah, of course. You didn’t mean it.” Taemin replied, removing a huge weight off of Jonghyun’s shoulders. “By the way, I would love to watch Netflix with you today.”

 

Jonghyun furrowed his eyebrows. “Wait, really?”

 

“Yeah, I could even give you the kisses I owe you for dinner last night.” Taemin blushed.

 

Jonghyun’s face pulled into that cocky grin again. “I might just have to take you up on that offer.”

 

 


 

 

As Taemin set up the Wii U in the game room so they could start Netflix, Jonghyun observed his surroundings. The only other time he’d been there was when they were watching Mulan, so none of the lights had been on. The room itself was pretty small; just large enough to fit the couch, television, and a few baskets, presumably for storing the gaming systems. He wanted to take a look at some of the games Taemin had, but something else caught his eyes.

 

“Is that a karaoke machine?!” Jonghyun asked, pointing towards a small box hiding in the corner of the room.

 

“What?” Taemin glanced over his shoulder. “Oh yeah, Uncle Jinki gave it to me when I moved in, but I never actually used it.” He frowned at the red light on the Wii U’s gamepad and looked around for the charger.

 

“Can we do that instead?!” Jonghyun asked, approaching the machine before Taemin had a chance to answer. “I haven’t done karaoke since I was high school!”

 

Taemin paused with the charger in his hand. “But I already plugged the Wii U in…”

 

“We can still watch Netflix, I just…” Jonghyun grunted as he picked up the heavy machine and dragged it to the center of the room, “I just really want to do this, is all.”

 

Taemin plugged the charger in and shook his head. “There’s no way in hell I’m singing in front of you.”

 

“What? Why not?” Jonghyun asked, searching for the on button.

 

“Because you’re probably the best singer I’ve ever heard and I sound like my balls are being crushed by rocks.” Taemin mumbled, looking off to the side.

 

Jonghyun blushed and gave Taemin a bashful grin. “You really think I’m that good?”

 

“T-THAT’S WHAT I SAID, AND DON’T EXPECT ME TO SAY IT AGAIN.” Taemin erupted, red as a fire truck. “AND WE’RE NOT DOING KARAOKE.”

 

Twelve minutes later, Jonghyun had already finished three songs and Taemin hadn’t stopped grumbling on the couch. Jonghyun kept doing cutesy dance moves, yelling the lyrics at the top of his lungs, and addressing Taemin as “his loving fans” in between songs, but Taemin still refused to budge. In reality, Taemin was nearly bursting inside with laughter, but he kept a straight face because he’s stubborn.

 

That is, until now, as Jonghyun starts the fourth song. Taemin recognizes it not even one second in. It’s Chocolate. His favorite song. His lips twitch as he forces himself not to start singing.

 

I’m your , throw away the boring clichés,” Jonghyun sings, “I’ll thickly color you tonight, cause you’re my chocolate.”

 

“It’s ‘I’m your chocolate’, not ‘you’re my chocolate’!” Taemin bursts out. “At least sing the right words!”

 

Jonghyun smirks in triumph as Taemin covers his mouth. All that stubbornness, gone to waste.

 

Taemin looks up to see the microphone held right in front of his face. “Then why don’t you do it the right way, Taemin-ah?” Jonghyun says, tilting his head to the side. Taemin groans and snatches the mic from Jonghyun’s hand.

 

Baby baby like the starlight, love spills down on you and me,” Taemin half sings, half mumbles. “I’ll sip a mouthful of your beautiful lips, you’re so sweet, breathtaking, I’m dizzy.” His face heats up as he realizes how much more sensual the lyrics sound when he’s singing them in front of his crush.

 

He barely makes it through the chorus before his nerves get the better of him. “T-there. I sang. Can we stop now?”

 

Jonghyun stared at Taemin in awe, causing Taemin to look around him for what could’ve possibly earned such a reaction. “What is it, hyung?”

 

“Your voice is really good.” Jonghyun said, before grabbing the microphone and holding it up to Taemin’s lips. “Keep singing. Please.”

 

Taemin pushed Jonghyun’s hand away. “Don’t be stupid, it’s not nearly as good as yours.” Taemin said under his breath, blushing for what seemed like the millionth time since he met Jonghyun.

 

Jonghyun brushed Taemin’s bangs out of the way and stood on his toes so he could press a kiss to Taemin’s forehead. “Your voice is beautiful, Taeminnie, just like you.”

 

“I understand what you meant when you told me to get used to your cheesiness now.” Taemin offered weakly, trying to divert the conversation away from himself. Jonghyun rested his forehead against Taemin’s and sighed, taking his boyfriend's hand into his.

 

Taemin shivered as he felt Jonghyun’s breath against his lips. “U-um, can we watch Netflix now?”

 

Jonghyun pulled away and smiled. There was something different about the way Jonghyun looked at him, but Taemin couldn’t tell what. “Of course we can.”

 

 


 

 

If someone were to ask Jonghyun what Taemin had chosen for them to watch that afternoon, they’d only get a blank stare and a half-hearted shrug in reply. Jonghyun didn’t look at the television for even a second, because while Taemin was getting the gamepad, Jonghyun had laid down on the couch. He was hoping Taemin would pout at him, or at least get flustered, so when Taemin laid eyes on him, he flashed his signature smile. But Taemin didn’t do either of those things. He did something Jonghyun never would’ve expected in a million years.

 

Taemin jumped onto the couch and snuggled in next to him. So now Taemin’s back was pressed to Jonghyun’s chest, Taemin’s head was resting on Jonghyun’s arm, and Jonghyun really couldn’t give a about anything else in the world.

 

In fact, Jonghyun was so mesmerized he didn’t even realize that the beautiful man in front of him was speaking until Taemin turned around to face him.

 

“Hyung, are you listening?” Taemin pouted.

 

“Sorry.” Jonghyun said, voice dropping dangerously low. “I wasn’t.” He pressed his lips onto Taemin’s, sneaking his arm around Taemin’s waist. Taemin tensed in surprise, but soon melted into the kiss, furrowing his eyebrows in concentration.

 

It didn’t take long for Jonghyun to shift their positions, so Taemin was on his back with Jonghyun hovering above him. Jonghyun took advantage of the new situation, kissing Taemin with more fervor and passion. It was almost suffocating, but neither were willing to break away, needing to feel the other closer, yet never close enough.

 

Taemin moaned into Jonghyun’s mouth as Jonghyun began caressing his sides, feeling his curves. Each of Jonghyun’s feather-light touches seared onto his skin, making him lean into Jonghyun’s hand. He gasped as Jonghyun’s fingers traveled lower, to the band of his jeans, and Taemin’s blood started rushing south, and…

 

Oh.

 

Oh, no.

 

“Um, hyung?” Taemin croaked, pulling away from Jonghyun and breathing heavily.

 

“Hmm?” Jonghyun replied, moving his lips down to Taemin’s jaw.

 

“I, um…” Taemin bit back a moan as Jonghyun on a sensitive area. “I have a problem.”

 

Jonghyun raised his head and looked at Taemin quizzically. “A problem?”

 

Taemin bit his lip and looked off to the side. He couldn’t bring himself to say it, and instead just lifted his hips towards Jonghyun’s.

 

Jonghyun’s eyes widened when he felt the younger’s semi-hard-on against his pelvis. “Oh.”

 

“Yeah.” Taemin said, still refusing to meet the others eyes.

 

“Do you want my help?” Jonghyun offered.

 

“I-I don’t think I’m ready for that.” Taemin replied, wanting nothing more than to crawl in a ditch.

 

“Do you want me to leave?”

 

“No!” Taemin met Jonghyun’s eyes then. Even the thought of Jonghyun leaving him at this moment was unacceptable.

 

“Let’s just…” Taemin began, before taking a deep breath to compose himself. “Let’s just watch the movie.”

 

“Okay.” Jonghyun agreed, leaning back onto his knees so that Taemin could sit up. He immediately brought his knees to his face and drooped his head, letting out a pathetic whine. Jonghyun scooched closer to Taemin, but gave enough space so that they could move without immediately bumping into each other.

 

Jonghyun looked at the screen for a quick second before turning back to Taemin. “I gotta tell you, I haven’t even looked at the TV all night. I don’t even know what this movie is.”

 

Taemin giggled and picked the gamepad off the floor, returning back to the Netflix homepage. “Me either.”

 

They spent the rest of the afternoon in each others arms, watching Hercules, and just enjoying one another’s company. Taemin had to do some homework, so they parted ways with a quick kiss in front of Taemin’s bedroom door. And once Jonghyun was by himself, he suddenly felt very somber. Because he knew what was happening.


He was falling for the prince of Aellyn.

 


 

AN: That awkward moment when you accidentally post this chapter onto the wrong fic ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also I SWEAR THERE WILL BE OTHER CHARACTERS BESIDES JUST JONGHYUN AND TAEMIN NEXT CHAPTER

I hope the fact that this is the quickest I've ever finished a chapter will help you all to forgive me.