BamBam~ Love Isn't Seen, It's Felt

GOT7 Love Stories/One Shots
I have this problem with my eyes, it kind of happened when I was younger. Some big kids held my face towards the sun, and made me stare at it for like 15 seconds. Can't really say it was bullying, we were young so we didn't know better. The sun was beautiful though, so I shouldn't feel regretful right? But due to that "incident", my eyesight has not been the best. The eye doctor told me to wear sunglasses whenever the sun is shining really brightly, to prevent further problems. But I can live day to day with no problems, so I'm content. I love music, I often go to the music store to buy CD's, records, anything that involves music. One day, after having coffee with a friend, Vera, I decided to go to the music store. The moment I walked in, I took off my sunglasses. Everything was white for a few seconds, my eyes had to adjust to the new lighting. After my eyes had adjusted, I went up to the front counter.

"Morning Mr. Tale!" I said.
"Morning ________, glad to see that smiling face of yours. Looking for new music?" Mr. Tale smiled.
"Yes I am, hopefully I can find something new to keep me occupied during my break." I said.

The shop's door opened and a group of people entered, I didn't notice since I was talking to the owner and other people were talking in the store.

"Well hope you can find something ________, I added some new records on the back shelf, hope one can catch your eye." He gave a joking wink.

I replied with a wink and a thumbs up. I went to the back and looked through all of the new records, some of them seemed interesting, so I tucked them under my arm and continued. I turned around and looked through the chin high isles of CD's, I slowly looked through all of them. I found one on piano pieces by Mozart, I stopped, picked it up and scanned the back. I felt that across from me on the other side of the isle, someone was standing there. I looked up, and I was right. A young man was looking at a CD as well, he was almost the same height. He has Asian features. He has light brown hair slightly tinted to the red side, eyebrow length. His skin is slightly tanned, which made him look really nice. He as a mole right under his left eye, which brought my attention straight to his eyes. He looked up, and his eyes met mine. His eyes were bright, and big, standing out more than his other features. His eyes gives him that youthful look, that a lot of boys desire. I was completely taken by him. After a few seconds, he broke the connection, and gave a gentle smile. I reciprocated that smile,  and returned with one of my own. I placed the CD down and gave him another smile, and walked away to the record player. I sat down, placed the record on the record player and placed the headphones on. I had to take my mind away from everything that has happened. I closed my eyes and enjoyed the music. I don't know how long it passed, but I felt like I fell asleep. I opened my eyes, and everything was blurry for a few seconds. I got up, took the record, and bought them.

"Enjoy ________, get some rest when you get home. I thought you were going to sleep here tonight." Mr. Tale said.
"Haha sorry, ya I was tired and I was just so drawn into the music. I'll be back a week from today then." I said with a wave.
"Sure thing, see you then." Mr. Tale smiled.

I turned around and went to the exit, took my sunglasses and started to put it on. I turned my head to the right, and saw him on the other side of the store. He was with another 6 boys, his friends probably. It seemed like he was leaving the store too, he was talking with his friends. Then he turned forward, and once again, his eyes met mine. We just stared at each other as we both walked towards the exit. I slightly gave a small smile, gave him one last glance and placed my sunglasses on. I pushed the door open and didn't return till 7 days later.  A week later, I completely forgot about the meeting with the boy. I returned to the music store to check out new things, excited and anticipating. I took off my sunglasses, and allowed my eyes to adjust to the dimmer room.

"Welcome back ________, hope you'll find something you'll like today." Mr. Tale welcomed me.
"Hopefully I will." I replied.

I walked around, it was just me at the moment. It was quite peaceful, just myself surrounded by CD's and records. I found 3 CD's that interested me, I took it to the CD player and placed the headphones on. I closed my eyes, and allowed myself to lose within the melody. A few minutes ticked by, I was still listening to the music, I didn't know people were coming in now. Suddenly someone tapped my shoulder, I opened my eyes and looked beside me. My eyes slightly widened by the sight, it was him.

"Hi, I was wondering if I can quickly give this song a quick listen, the other player is broken. Is that ok?" He asked?

His voice was soft and has a slightly higher pitch than average boys.

"Uhm ya, of course, I was just finishing listening." I quickly ejected the CD, and placed it back into the case.
"Oh, if you're almost done just let me know." He quickly said.
"Oh no it's ok. Please go ahead." I replied quickly.

I grabbed the CD's and went to the front desk.

"You're buying these ones?" Mr. Tales asked.
"Yes please." I smiled.\

I paid for the CD's, my mind was swirling slightly. I went out the door quickily, the first thing I did was look up at the sun. The sunlight hit my eyes like lasers and I shut my eyes immediately, and turned around to go back under the store's roof. I bumped into someone, and I fell backwards. The person grabbed onto my wrist, preventing me from falling. I looked up, and there he was. During the "bump" I dropped my CD's and he dropped a CD as well.

"You ok?" He asked.
"Yea.. I'm ok." Sorry about that. I said getting up, and finding my balance again.
"Hope I didn't break any of your CD's.." He said looking at it as he picked  them up.
 "I don't think they break that easily. Yours should be ok as well." I said.
"This? Oh no, this is yours. You happened to have left it behind after you left the CD player area and paid for them. You seemed rushed and forgot. so I went to return it to you. Didn't realize you were standing right outside." He said scratching his head.

I looked at him, taken by his kindness and appearance. I completely forgot about my sunglasses, I wanted to look at him in full colors under the sun's light.

"I'm ________. What's your name may I ask?" I finally said after a few seconds of silence.
"You can call me BamBam." He said with a warm smile.
"Sounds cool and unique." I said with a small laugh.
"Not my real name of course, real name's much harder and longer. So my friends just call me BamBam. Shall we go for a walk? Get to know each other more along the way?" He asked.
"Sure thing, and thank you for giving me the CD." I said with smile.
 "No need." BamBam said.

I can see his cheeks are slowly turning red, I just looked on with admiration. I placed my sunglasses back on, and we started walking towards the opposite direction. It wasn't long before BamBam and I were talking like old friends, it was amazing. BamBam is a sweet boy, at times a bit sassy but that's his charm. Unfortunately, I couldn't see his face clearly, my sunglasses covered his natural skin color and eyes.

"Hey ________, do you always wear the sunglasses?" He asked.
"Well not always, just sometimes like right now." I said with smile.
"I'm guessing you're not using it as an accessory? It seem as if it's a really important part of your life." He said.

I nodded.

"When I was younger, I had this incident. I almost went blind from the sun, so the eye doctors told me to wear sunglasses as long as the sun shines brightly." I told him.

He placed his hand on my arm, and gently squeezed it. I looked at him and gave him a small smile.
"Hopefully you won't need to wear them one day when the sun is shining brightly ________." BamBam said.
"Thanks BamBam, hopefully I can live like that one day." I smiled.
"Hey I was wondering if you want to hang this weekend? Of course if you want to." Bambam asked scratching his head.
 
My eyes followed his eyes from behind my sunglasses.

"Of course I would love to." I replied.
"Then it's a deal? How about a number exchange then?" BamBam said with a big smile.

I nodded, his smile melted my heart. We exchanged numbers, and we hung out when the weekends arrived. Before we knew it, we became close friends. Whenever BamBam is going somewhere, he would always invite me. We did so many things together, we were like a unbreakable bond. Unfortunately, the sun shone brightly each and everyday. Due to that, I can feel that BamBam was a bit sad. From his expression, I can tell that he wants to see my eyes. Aside from the two days at the record shop, I don't think BamBam has seen my natural eyes since. I felt bad for not being able to look at him with my own eyes, but what can I do. But, as time ticked by, I fell more and more in love with him. I wanted to tell him, but I didn't know how. As for him, I had to consider his feelings as well, if he'll feel mutual feelings or not. Isn't that everyone's worry when they like someone? Haha. One day, BamBam took me to the beach. It was a sunny day... Like always. Surprising isn't it? Not. BamBam and I had so much fun, we walked along the beach, splashed water onto each other, pushed each other into the water, and sat underneath a tree. We were there for the whole afternoon, till the sun started to set. He and I walked side by side, the blue ocean turned orange and yellow from the fiery sun.

"Such a fun day today, but I'm so tired." I said rubbing my knees.

BamBam knelt down, he left me confused.
"Hop on." He said.
"No~ it's ok BamBam." I said.
"Gee ________, hop on before I leave you behind." BamBam lightly threatened.

I looked at him with a "fine...." look, and wrapped my arm around his neck. His back was warm, it was comforting.

"How was today?" He asked.
"It was amazing. Thanks BamBam. But why the beach?" I asked.
"I wanted this day to be special." BamBam said.
"Special how?" I asked confused.
I don't know how this will turn out but here it goes, I actually liked you for a long time ________. I don't know if you figured it out or not but here it is finally." BamBam finally confessed first.

I was taken by surprise, but remained calm.

"I understand if you don't feel the same way, but I just couldn't hold it anymore." He said.

I didn't respond, BamBam just awkwardly piggybacked me for a few more minutes in silence. as the ocean water swished back and forth in constant rhythm. I smiled, and brought my face to his cheek, and gave him a kiss on his cheeks.

"What was that?" He asked shocked.
"When a girl kisses you on your cheeck what do you think that means?" I asked him.
"You feel the same then ________?" BamBam finally coming back to his senses.

I rested my head beside his neck.

"Yes, I like you too." I finally said.

BamBam gently set me onto the sandy ground, and turned around.

" Since the sun is set now, I think you can take your sunglasses off now." BamBam said.

He gently took off my glasses off for me, I looked up into his bright big eyes.

"Wow, it's been a while since I saw your eyes, they're unique and beautiful ________." He said looking at them from left to right.
"They're just eyes." I said laughing.
"Not to the people who are looking at them. Everyone's eyes are different." BamBam quickly said.

I just smiled. I looked at the direction of the still visible sun, and I started the squint. BamBam noticed that I was squinting from the sun, he suddenly stood in front of the it.

"BamBam?" I said.
"Since we both know how each other feel now, let me protect you from the sun." BamBam said.
"How?" I asked confused.
"I'll be your sunglasses, I'll be your shade, I'll be your umbrella, I'll protect you from the sun. That's a promise." BamBam said taking my hand.

I was so touched, I started to have tears in my eyes.

"Oh BamBam." I smiled.

I walked up to him and kissed him on the lips, I could feel his passion and love. With that, I felt grateful and blissful. I released him, and looked into his eyes with my natural eyes. The sun finally dipped below the horizon, with the moon following behind with its many stars. The sun and the moon exchanged with one another as each day went by. Each day, I try to go out without sunglasses or any kind of eye protection from the sun's ray. I wanted to adjust to the natural light, I wanted to see BamBam with my eyes. One sunny day, BamBam took me to go shopping for a pair of new sunglasses. I lost my old one that day at the beach on the way home, haha. We went to like 5 stores, but none seemed to catch my eye. I felt sorry towards BamBam, but he didn't mind, it gave him time to look at clothes.

"Sorry BamBam, I don't know if I can find the right one." I said.
"Let's not give up yet, let's try some street ones there's some outside. If you then can't find one, then we can go. How about some ice-cream afterwards?" He smiled.

I nodded. BamBam took my hand and we went outside. When we went outside, we actually found a row of street stands. Luckily, there was a sunglasses stand. On our way to the stand, we passed a stand that was 5 stands away that sells handheld mirrors. They were all beautiful, but those weren't my priority. The sunglasses were abundant, they were decent and they weren't really expensive. I looked around, and I finally found one. The frames was in a slight oval shape, and the border was black with 3 thin gold stripes at the upper corners. 

"Hey BamBam, I think I finally found one. I said picking up the sunglasses.
"That's great! Hey it looks nice on you." He said.

I didn't put it on but I placed in front of my eyes and looked at a mirror.

"I'll take this one please." I said to the seller.

Since it wasn't store stock, it was $7.

 "Come on let's go for ice-cream now, the sun is too brightand hot." BamBam said.
We walked back the way we came, there was a woman who was holding one of the handheld mirrors, and was bargaining a price for it. We just continued walking, I decided to place the sunglasses on. The woman started moving her arm around back and forth, still trying to bargain. I was just about to put my sunglasses on, I looked up and my eyes landed on the mirror. The sun was shining in the opposite direction, which was behind us. The sunlight- shining at its brightest in the evening, its ray reflected off of the mirror that the woman was holding, and the it reflected off into my eyes. A bright flash of white flooded into my vision for a second, I shut my eyes quickily and covered my eyes.

"________ are you ok? What happened?" BamBam asked shocked.
"I'm fine, the sun's reflection reflected into my eyes a little bit." I replied.

I opened my eyes, and the white light slowly faded away, and my blurry vison slowly came to clarity again.

"Can you see? Can you get up?" He asked taking my hand.
"Ya I'm fine." I replied.

I got up places the sunglasses on and we left for the icecream shop across the street. BamBam ordered a mango flavored, and I a vanilla. We sat down and talked, laughed and enjoyed each other's company. Once in a while, I would see small flashy lights. I brushed it off as normal since everyone sees them, but deep down I knew something's not right. When night fell, BamBam walked me home.

"Glad you finally found a glasses that you like, it was tiring but I guess fun too." BamBam said with an eyesmile.
"I know, sorry about that." I said with a small laugh.
"Ah don't worry about it, it was for your eyes so ya. You should go get a check up for your eyes soon, I think the incident today may have tripped you a bit. You've been squinting a bit this whole evening." He said concerned.
"I know, and I will..soon." I said taking his hand.

He smiled, I could only look at him with sadness all of a sudden. I leaned in and kissed him on the lips, it wasn't a smooch. It was a kiss that lasted a few seconds.

"Everything ok ________?" He asked curiously.
"It was a thank you kiss for everything so far." I replied.
"Ah... I see... Well anyways you should get some rest, I'll call you tomorrow."
"Sure thing. Night." I said.

We said goodnight and departed. I looked out the window up at the moon, that looked so round just like a record disc. I smiled, went to my music player, turned it on and slept as the music flowed into my ears like a stream of musical notes in quarters, eighths, and sixteenths. Within minutes, I entered my dream world. I didn't know how long time passed, but everything was a blur when I opened my eyes. My phone suddenly rang, I reached onto my bed drawer and found my phone. I didn't bother looking at my screen cause my sleep was still on me. I unlocked it and answered.

"Hello?" I gave a small sleepy groan.
"Almost good afternoon. Are you still sleeping? You sound like you just woke up." The voice said.
"BamBam?" I asked recognizing the voice.
"Ya.... Haha Did you not look at your phone when you answered?" He asked with a small laugh.
"Uhm ya.. I didn't look. Sorry." I said rubbing my eyes, still having my "sleepy" visions.
"It's fine, so want to hang later? Watch a movie?" He asked.
"Ya sure thing." I replied.

Suddenly something hit me.

"Wait, it's afternoon?" I asked shocked.
"Ya. It's 11:37AM." He replied.
"Ah, grr, didn't know that I'd been sleeping this long." I said quickly.
"Ahh no prob, it happens. Anyways I'll pick you up at around 5 then. See you soon ________. Xoxo" BamBam replied.
"Ya.. Bye." I said and then hung up.

Suddenly my sight completely faded, and went bright. I placed my hands out, and reached out trying to find my window. After a few seconds, I finally reached it and touched it.

"I can't see... I can't see." I said to myself.

And in that whole afternoon, I tried to go down my stairs, and opening my front door and walking down the steps. Trying to remember my steps, to make it seem normal, to not let BamBam know. I let my ears listen to the sounds around me, facing towards the sound. guess all the music I listened to paid off. I placed a dress on, since it was the simplest. Brushed my hair and placed my sunglasses on, everything was still bright.

"How am I going to cope with this?" I thought to myself.

I closed my eyes, even though it made no difference. After tiring my mind out for a few minutes, I opened my eyes.

"I need to accept this, I need to stay positive for BamBam. I'm not the only person with blindnesss, I can't be a wimp like this." I told myself.

I sighed, I wanted to cry but I controlled myself. An hour passed, and I heard my doorbell. I guided myself outside of my bedroom, down the stairs and to my front door. I took a deep breath and opened the door.

"Hey ________, are you ok? That took about 2 minutes for you to get down." He asked.
"Sorry, I was caught up in something." I replied with a smile, my sunglasses blocking out the eyes contacts.
"I see, no problem. You ready to go?" He asked.
"Ya I am." I replied.
"Then let's go." He said.

I followed slowly, feeling uneasy now that all the sounds started to spread into the bigger space. I reached out, trying to grab BamBam's hand. I touched his wrist, luckily, then went down to his hand.

"Is everything alright?" He asked surprised.
"Ya, I just wanted to hold your hand today. " I said.
"Don't worry, I'll hold onto it the whole way except when we're driving, and going to the bathroom." BamBam said.
"I hope you will the whole way. Because right now, I need you the most." I mentally said. 

On the way although I can't see anything I can feel happiness. The windows were down in the car, the wind was blowing through my hair. I smiled through my blindless.

"Do you see the stars in the sky?" BamBam suddenly asked beside me.
 
It took me by surprise, I turned my head towards his direction.

"Oh I wasn't paying attention to the sky, I had my eyes closed and was focusing more on the wind." I quickily said, thinking about the outcome if there weren't any stars.
"Ah, well it's kind of cloudy outside, so they're not really visible anyway." BamBam replied.
"Ya, it is difficult to see them." I added.
"Say, are you going to wear the sunglasses the whole way to the movie theatre?" He asked.
"Uhm, ya just for the time being, I was rubbing my eyes a bit much earlier and it is a little swollen at the moment. Haha. My vision's a little blurry too" I lied.
"Ah, I see. Don't touch it for a while then, it will get better soon." BamBam said holding my hand.

I smiled. A few minutes later, we arrived at the movie theatre. I opened the door slowly and got out, I was completely lost. I just stood by the car trying to adjust to my surroundings. The wind was blowing past my face, making me shiver. Suddenly I can sense someone coming up to me, and took my hand.
"Let's go pick out a movie."  That familiar voice said.
"Sure." I said.

BamBam guided me into the movie theatre. He asked me what I wanted to watch, and I told him thay it's up to him to decide since my vision's not that good anyway.

 "Hmm I think we should get your eyes checked if you continue to have blurry visions." BamBam suggested concerned.
"Nah it's ok, don't worry." I replied quickily.
"Ok, but if something is up, you need to tell me ok?" He said.
".... I will." I said with hesitation.

He decided that we're going to watch "The Lights Between Oceans." When the lights dimmed, I finally took my sunglasses off. I closed my eyes, feeling disappointed in my eyes. I took a deep breath and just listened to the voices from the movie. About 2 hours later, the movie finally ended.

"How was it?" He asked.
"It was very emotional, I enjoyed it." I replied.

As we walked outside, BamBam guided me once again to the car. As we neared the car, BamBam suddenly let go of my hand.

"BamBam?" I asked worried.
"Hey you go ahead, I think I drank too much soda earlier, I have to go to the bathroom. You go on ahead." BamBam answered.
"Ok, don't be too long." I added.

As I heard his footsteps walking away quickily, it just suddenly faded. I was completely senseless now, no guide as my eyes, and nothing that I can touch to lead me to my destination.

"Ok, ________, you can do this, there are many people out there who are blind, yet they still go through everyday life. Ok, listen to the sounds around you. You can do this." I told myself.

I slightly held out my hands as it was the only support that I could get. About a minute of walking, someone took my hand, and turned me towards them.

"________, what is going in?" The voice said.
"BamBam." I blurted.
"Blind? How? When?" He asked worried.
"It's nothing, really, it's just from the allergies." I said.
"You're eyes aren't swollen, I was watching your gaze the whole time you were finding the car. It seemed distant, unfocused. That's not the symptoms of allergies ________." BamBam said holding my face.

That's when I realized that I totally forgot my sunglasses.

"It really is nothing BamBam. It's probably just temporary." I said.
"Temporary, look at you, I'm right in front of you and you eyes isn't even looking at me, it's looking past me. You're still saying this is ok? The majority of blindness are always permanent. Now tell me how it happened? Or did it just one day happened?" He said.

After thinking about it for a while, I came to the conclusion that BamBam won't leave this situation alone. 

"I went blind this morning, but I think my eyes got blinded that day when we went to buy the sunglasses. A mirrior reflected the sunlight into my eyes, which may have caused an effect to it." I finally said.
"Gosh why didn't you say anything? I could've taken you to the eye doctor to get a check up. We're going right now. No buts or excuses." BamBam said grabbing my hand.

He drove us to the eye doctor, and I got examined for half an hour.

"It seems like your eyes were damaged slightly prior to your most recent incident. Was it?" The doctor asked.
"Yes... It happened when I was younger, some kids made me look directly at the sun for about 15 seconds. It caused my retina to deteriorate a little, damaging my sight a bit." I said.

I heard BamBam let out a sad sigh beside me. I tried searching for his hand, and his hand found mine first. The warmth of his hand made me feel secure.

"We might need to do some more tests, but for now, it seem like you need someone to help guide you for the time being. Can't be sure when you'll recover, it could be years but it doesn't seem as if it will be permanent though." The doctor said.
"Wait, so you're saying that she may recover?" BamBam asked.
"It's not certain, but since it's not a direct damage to the eye by an object. I do believe she by miracle may recover." The doctor said.
"Thank you doctor, have a good night then. You don't need to find her any help. I'll be her arm and guide." BamBam said.

At that moment I felt so happy. BamBam brought me back home and helped me into bed.

"You're going to be ok tonight?" He asked.
"Ya, I'm going to have to get use to this sooner or later, you never know what fate has in store for us all. Thanks for being with me today." I said holding his hands.
"Anytime ________, gosh, wish this never happened. Do you need anything before I go? Or should I stay here tonight?" BamBam asked.
"Haha no, you don't need to stay here with me, but can you grab my music player and place the earphones in my ear?" I asked.
"Sure thing, goodnight ________, I love you." BamBam said, placing the earphones into my ear.
"I love you too." I replied.

I felt his lips touched mine, and then the bed felt lighter. 

Days went by, soon it turned into months, I slowly adjusted to my blindness. BamBam held my hand whenever I feel lost or scared, I was glad to have him by my side through my darkness moments. One day BamBam took me to a open plains, the tall grass brushing my arm as I walked passed them. The warm breeze gliding pass my face, my sunglasses covered my eyes to hide my unfocused gazes - making everything dark. Even so, I knew that it was a beautiful day. BamBam held my hand ever so gently, I felt that I could walk on fire with him beside me, he was my confidence, my balance, and eyes. No I'm not making him look like a tool haha, I'm saying that he's the tiny light at the end of the tunnel. I let my hands touch the tall grass, it was a beautiful feeling. The birds were singing on the tree branches, beautiful melodies were coming from all directions. After walking for a while, BamBam guided me under a tree.


"How was this trip?" He asked.
"It's wonderful, it makes me forget my worries, and my lost of vision. Thanks so much for today BamBam." I said smiling towards the direction of his voice.
"Glad you're enjoying it, I was a little sad knowing that you can't see the beautiful scenery." BamBam said sounding disappointed.


I tried searching for his, but his found mine first.


"Don't you know? There's a saying:  all the beautiful things are felt by the heart, not by sight. Like hugging, you don't see the warmth of the hug, you feel the warmth through the heart. " I said.
"You're right ________ , I've never realized that. Thanks for letting me see that." BamBam said.


Suddenly, BamBam placed something around my wrist.


"What is this? A bracelet?" I asked feeling the small chains and charms.
"It is, I got a matching one as well." He said shaking his wrist allowing me to hear the jingling of the charms.
"Thank you so much!" I said.


BamBam pulled me into a hug, and we leaned against the tree and fell asleep. I don't know how long time passed, but I woke up maybe like an hour after. Something seemed off, I can't feel any precence around me, the birds were still singing, and the wind was still blowing.


"BamBam?" I said.


I tried reaching around me, trying to feel him.


"BamBam? Where are you?" I said again.


At that moment, I began to panic, at that moment I began to feel helpless, lost, frustrated, and anxious. They all hit me at once, I was about to lose it. From not far away, I heard running.


"BamBam? Is that you?" I shouted desperately.
" ________ , it's ok! I'm right here, don't worry anymore. I'm right here." He replied grabbing onto me.


My hands grabbed onto his arm to make sure he was there.


"My god I was freaking out, where did you go?" I asked calming down.
"I woke up early, so I went to check ahead for anything interesting. It was the edge of a cliff so I came back and I saw you desperately reaching for something." He said.
"I was scared, I didn't know where you were, I thought it was a dream." I said hanging my head to catch my breath.


BamBam pulled me into a hug, he held me tightly.


"I'm so sorry, you're safe now." BamBam said.


I couldn't see anything, but I closed my eyes regardless and let everything that I want to sink in, and everything that I hated out from my tears. Months went by, and soon it turned into a year and a half or so. At this rate, I'm fully adjusted to everything. I can do mostly everything when I'm at home. Outside, BamBam still helps me a little, but I insist that I try to do everything on my own. One day, my eyes began to feel weird. They were sore, but not to the point where they hurt. At times I can see weird shapes, very very blurry shapes, dark shapes. I just brushed them off as lack of sleep, I mean what else could it mean right? A few weeks later, BamBam told me that his friend is going on a half day trip, and they wanted him to tag along.


"Of course you should go, you've been by my side everyday, you haven't spent time with your friends in forever. Go and have fun, I'll be fine." I said.
"You sure? You want to come along? I'm sure they'll be happy if you came." BamBam said.


I shook my head.


"It's a guys trip, besides what can I do right? I would probably sit somewhere for half the day. Go on, I'll be fine really. I'll probably just sit at a café or something." I laughed.
"Ok, phone me if something happens ________ , I'll be going then." BamBam said giving me a kiss on my cheek.


After he left, I slept for about 2 hours because my eyes were bothering me. At times I would feel like I'm awake, and I can see some of the things around me, but only in dim and blurry visions. When I woke up, I asked my phone what time it was through Siri. It was 3:53PM.


"Time seems so slow when you have nothing to do, let's go out for a bit." I said to myself.


After a year of walking around my neighborhood, I knew where I was going, so I had no worries. I found my sunglasses- placed them on, and wore my short sleeved top. It seemed warm outside. I took my walking stick, and went out the door. The air was fresh, and the birds were chirping. There was a cafe close to my house, and one of the waitress is close to me due to me going often back then and now.


" ________ , you came today. Hold on let me help you." The familiar voice said coming closer.
"Thanks Sera." I said.


She supported my arm and guided me to a table, and she knelt beside me.


"Hmmm BamBam's not here with you today, I'm so proud that you got to the cafe by yourself." Sera said holding my hand.
"Ya, he's out with some friends, he should be back in a few hours. Well, I'll have to depend on myself one day right? Might start asap." I laughed.
"You're right, you go girl, so the usual? Black coffee?" Sera asked.


I nodded. After I got my coffee, I placed headphones into my ear and listened to ballad songs to keep my mind clear. About half an hour to forty minutes, I said bye to Sera and I left the café. The weather seemed colder, and I could feel tiny raindrops.


"Great, now it's raining." I said beginning to worry.


When it rains, the raindrop sounds prevents me from hearing the sounds aroud me, keeping me from focusing. Soon the raindrops began to become heavier. I was trying to hurry home, but I know that I began to get lost, my walking stick began to feel useless, so I shortened it and placed it away. At times I would hear car horns, letting me know that I'm stepping into a line of danger. Soon, I realized that I walked into a park when I heard the raindrops dropping into a lake that I know only exists in a neighborhood park. I was scared and cold, but I was especially lost. After wondering desperately for a bit, I heard footsteps ahead.


"Excuse me, can you help me?" I asked.


There was no reply for a second or two.


"Sure what do you need help with?" a man's voice replied.
"Can you tell me where the exit of the park is please?" I asked.
"You turn around and walk straight for about 20 minutes, then turn left." He said.
"Thank you so much." I said through the pounding raindrops.


I turned around, but then I was stopped by a question.


"Are you blind by chance?" He asked.


At that moment, a feeling of dread slowly crept over me. I turned around and tried my best to accurately face him.


"Why do you ask?" I asked cautiously.
"Nothing, just wondering. Because I thought if you were, I can guide you there." He said with a calm tone.
"It's ok, thank you for your help, you might want to hurry home before you get drenched sir." I replied.


Last time that I heard, besides heavy raindrops and my own footsteps... I couldn't hear anyone else's in the park, till him. Knowing that something bad might happen, I tried to leave without showing my suspision. I turned around and tried my best to listen pass the raindrops, but behind me I heard footsteps walking closer fo me. I was suddenly grabbed by the arm and flung around, he grabbed my wrist, the side where I held my hand purse. I was right, this person was up to no good.


"Let me go! Help! Anyone?!" I shouted.
"Give me your purse, and I'll let you go woman." He said while trying to pry my hands open.
"No! Let me go! Help me!" I shouted.


One of his hand suddenly clasped over my mouth to prevent me from screaming. At this time, the rain was falling heavily, and my mind was a mess. My free hand tried to pry his hand away from my mouth, but he was stronger.
"I like your bracelet, how about I'll take that instead?" He suddenly said.
"No.." I said mentally.


Now both of his hands are on my wrist, I too, was trying to protect the bracelet that BamBam gave me.


"No please no!  Help me!" I gave one final cry.


I wanted to give up so bad, but I know that I can't because if I did I would really be helpless and useless. His hands dragged me forward so suddenly that his hands slipped and released my wrist. I heard a kicking sound at the same time, then another person grabbed my shoulders and brought my balance back.


" ________ , are you alright?" The ever so familiar voice asked. "BamBam?" I asked.
"Yea I'm right here ________ , it's ok." BamBam assured me.


I was so in shock that my legs gave in on me, and I collapsed onto the ground. I heard the man get up and ran the opposite direction. BamBam held me as I tried go catch my breath, I was drenched completely from head to toe. 


"Is the bracelet still there?" I asked unable to feel my arms due to the coldness.


BamBam took my hand and rubbed my hand to warm it up.


"It's still there ________ , don't worry." He told me with a comforting voice. I nodded.

"Take me home please." I said crying.


BamBam lifted me up and carried me bridal style, except it wasn't a feeling happiness, but weakness instead. I rested my head close to his neck, letting my tears fall as he held me tightly. The rain poured onto me for another 20 minutes or so, we finally arrived outside of my house. After entering, BamBam carried me upstair.


"Let's get you out of these drenched clothes." He said.
"I'll do it." I said.


BamBam grabbed my hand.


"Your hands are freezing, don't move, I'll do it, it will be quicker." He said.


I couldn't say anything, I was flooded with emotions and stiffness. He draped a towel over me, and helped me take my shirt and pants off. He didn't take my bra or undergarments off, I felt very bare so I tried to cover myself with my hands. Another towel gently wiped my face, then my body, arms and legs. He used that towel to cover the front part of my body, then he came back with another set of clothes and helped me into them. No words, none from neither of us. In just a few minutes I was dry and in a warm set of clothes, BamBam took my hand and guided me to my bed. He helped me in and covered me.


"I'll be going now, get some rest, I'll see you tomorrow." He said.


I can feel his presence fading, I managed to grab onto his arm aiming for areas where I can grab without missing unlike his hand.


"Stay, stay with me tonight." I said.
"You sure?" He sounded surprised.


I nodded.


"Alright, I'll stay with you tonight." He said softly.


I moved over a little, allowing him to get in beside me. I took his hand and rested my head on his shoulder.


"I'm sorry for leaving you today, I will take you with me next time." He suddenly said.
"It's not your fault, who would've thought something like this would happen. I'm just glad that you came to me at the right moment. How I wish I can see again. How I wish, I could've done so many things." I said.


BamBam suddenly kissed my eyes.


"Don't think about that, don't stress yourself over that. Get some rest. I'll stay with you tonight, so don't worry." He quietly said.


I heard him grab something and a faint melody started playing, a pair of earphones entered my ear.


"Sleep, clear your mind and let the music rush over you." I heard his voice behind the melody.


He kissed me on the lips and rested his head on mine. I closed my eyes and did just that. The sun rose above the clouds, as morning came. I opened my eyes and turned off the music by touching the pause button on the player. I rubbed my eyes, and looked around me.


"BamBam? Where are you?" I asked around me.


I got out of bed, walked towards my door and felt dizzy and leaned against the doorway.


"Gosh thank goodness the doorway was here to support me." I thought to myself.


Then it came to me, I slowly looked at my hand. And held it close to my eyes.


"I.. Can see... I can see again." I said.
"BamBam, I have to find him." I said.


I put on my shoes, and ran out the door. I ran to all the places that I knew, all the places that we went to. I suddenly remembered that one place. I ran towards the music store. On the way there, I just ran without stopping. I was just excited to tell him about having my sight back. As I ran, I bumped into someone. He dropped the belongings in his hands, they were cd's. I knelt down and helped pick them up.


"I'm so sorry, I was in a rush." I said.


The man suddenly stopped what he was doing, and touched the bracelet that I was wearing all this time.


" ________ ? How are you outside?" The voice asked.


I looked up and saw him, he was a young man, brown hair reaching a bit pass his eyebrows- slightly tanned and a mole under his eye.


"BamBam?" I asked almost forgetting how he looked.

"You can see me.. Your eyesight came back." He said.

"Yes, I came back after I woke up and I went looking for you. Why were you outside? You said that you would stay with me last night." I asked.
"I noticed that you fell asleep, so I went out early in the morning to buy more cd's for you to listen to. But guess I don't need to anymore, you have your sight back, I'm so relieved." BamBam said pulling me into a hug.
"I see now, thank you so much for getting me new music to listen to, but I don't think I need to anymore." I said with a smile.


BamBam released me and gave me a quick kiss, he then lifted me up.


"Let's get you home and get you out of these PJ's." He said with a laugh.


A few days has passed, and my sight improved everyday since then. The doctor told me that my eyes were has recovered greatly, so that was good news.  BamBam took me to the beach a few days after the check up, where we splashed water on each other a long time ago, it was a memory that I'll never forget. BamBam took me to the same tree where we sat underneath, and I could see the green blue ocean water underneath the parallel colored sky. The breeze gently swayed, and BamBam and I gazed out into the landscape beside each other.


"You know, I almost forgot what you looked like. Kind of sad isn't it." I said with small laugh.
"It is, but I mean who can blame you, it was a long time ago. But good thing is, you have your sight back so that's what is most important." BamBam said holding my hand.
"You're right, can't believe a miracle came to me. Never thought that I would get my sight back. I just want to say thank you BamBam, you've been with me through my darkest and literally darkest moments." I said.
"I mean isn't that what love is about? It's about staying with that person through thick and thin." BamBam replied.
"It is, thank you for being my eyes." I said and then I gave him a kiss.


BamBam hugged me and I rested my head beside his. The bracelet that we wore ever since glittered underneath the sunlight.


"Love isn't something that we see, it's felt with the heart." I thought to myself.