JB~ Center Of Attention

GOT7 Love Stories/One Shots
 "Reminder"
It's in the *reader's* point of view.
*______* is where you put YOUR name.
There are kissing ;)
And the stories are exaggerated
Enjoy! :)  

 
I'm the type of person that doesn't like having a lot of people staring at me, it feels really awkward. That feeling you get when all of sudden everyone stares at you randomly, ya that's me. I don't know if it's a phobia, or just my mind. So whenever I hang out with friends from school, I'm always hiding myself in the back of the crowd. Surprisingly, I still have a lot of friends. One day, my friend Miriallia and I hung out at school.

"Hey, what are you doing tonight?" She asked.
"Nothing much, rest?" I answered.
"Ah, how about a girl's night, the two of us, a movie or something?" She suggested.
"Hmmm sure." I said.
"Great! I'll pick you up at around 8?" Miriallia said.
"Ya sure." I said.

Mirialla frowned at me.

"What?" I asked.

"Can you say something else besides Ya, sure, ok?" She asked.
"Haha sorry, I didn't want to talk much." I laughed.
"Hmmm." Mirialla said rolling her eyes.

That night Miriallia and I went to watch "The Hunger Games: MockingJay." Yes I know it's a little old, but since I didn't want to be in a theatre with a lot of people, and Miriallia wanted to watch it, we decided to watch that since everyone already watched it like a month ago. We got into the theatre, found a seat in the middle, there weren't a lot of people, thankfully.

"Hey, I'm going to the washroom, want anything to drink?" I asked.
"Ya, large popcorn and Sprite." Miriallia said getting comfy in the seat.
"Ok, I'll be back ASAP." I said.

I ran to the bathroom. 10 minutes later, I returned with pop, and popcorn in both hands and locked them between my arms. It was dark, the lights were off, except for the stairs. I couldn't see, so I followed the stair lights down.

"Psst Miriallia, where are you?"

No one answered.

"Miriallia?!" I whispered a little louder.
"Oh _______, I'm here." She replied from a distance.
"Ok I'm coming." I said.

I found the row that she was in, I went between the seats. I scooted down, suddenly I bumped into someone. I fell sideways, the person grabbed my waist and pulled me back. The person pulled me back into the seat next to them, I was shocked. It was dark I couldn't see. The person was holding onto my wrist.

"You ok?" A voice asked.

The voice was deep, soft, and full of liveliness.

"Ya I'm ok." I said trying to see the person's face.

Suddenly the screen went bright, beginning the commercials. I squinted at the sudden light, then turned to see who the person was. He turned back to look at me as well, I was frozen. He was flawless.

"Did you get hurt?" He asked with a soft but lively tone.
"No, I'm fine, sorry about that." I quickly said, face turning red.

From the screen's light his face was porcelain white, his hair is black, slightly tousled, covering his forehead, and he had a beauty mark below his eye. His eyes caught my heart, he was Korean.

"Sorry I should've said something before you walked by." He said.  
"Oh No, it was my fault, I didn't sense you guys so I just thought no one was sitting here, but thank you for preventing me from falling." I smiled.
"Ya no need." He said giving a small smile.

I tilted my head trying to see how far away Miriallia was, I gasped silently. Beside him were 6 other handsome guys, they looked at me and waved. I slowly waved back with an embarrassed face, I got up and thanked him again.

"Sorry for ruining the atmosphere." I said again.
"Haha no need to apologize, glad you're not hurt so that's all good." He smiled back.

His eyesmile is adorable, his smile looks really pure and unique. I smiled lightly and slipped passed all of them and found my way to Miriallia. Our seat and their's were about at the edges of each row, so pretty far.

"Psst, what happened?" Miriallia asked grabbing the popcorn.
"Embarrassed myself.. Big time." I said.
"Well, at least there's your daily attention." Miriallia smiled.

I glared at her, and chucked a popcorn at her.

"Take your drink." I said handing her the drink.
"Thanks_______." she said, eyes glued on the screen.

A few minutes into the movie, I kept having the urge to look around.  I slowly glanced to my left, I can see the 7 of them laughing and talking. I tilted my head a bit more, and I found him. All my attention was on him, I zoned everything out.

"I'll just look at him for a while, he can't see me because it's quite dark in here luckily." I thought to myself.

A few minutes went buy, I didn't even notice. He was talking to his friend, and he was drinking pop. Suddenly he leaned forward to set the pop down in the holder in front. I stopped, and looked up... Towards me. My eyes went wide, and I turned my head back as quick as possible. My heart was pounding, I was shocked.

"Hope he didn't see me." I worried.

I watched the film afterwards, till it was time to leave. The lights came back on, I stood up with Miriallia. We walked out of our end, they walked out of their end of the row. I was behind Miriallia, we walked up the stairs towards the exit. I looked over to the other side of the theatre, he looked over here too. Our eyes met once again, we just kept looking at each other. Even when we got to the door, our eyes never left each other's. In the end, I broke the stare first, and walked out.

"Ready to go back home?" Miriallia asked.
"Ya I am, I'm really tired." I replied.
"Ok, let's go, get some rest when you get home, it's late." She said.
"Thanks Mir." I smiled.

She turned and walked towards the Exit of the cinema, I took a step and stopped. I turned around and looked at him, he and his friends were walking away as well. He stopped, and turned around. Almost as if we sensed each other's presence. His eyes set on mine once again, We gave each other a soft smile. I looked away and caught up with Miriallia, I fell completely for him. As time went by, I began to feel more comfortable with people's stare. Miriallia noticed, and told me. I felt that I improved a lot, which is kind of weird to be honest to feel uncomfortable with people's attention. A few day went by, I somehow forgot about the man with the pure face and heart-melting eyes. I didn't even notice. One day I decided to go to the movie theatre again, by myself. I wanted to be alone, and just enjoy a movie. I chose a sad movie, I had no idea why. Guess I wanted to feel a little emotional? Haha. I went into the theatre, once again there weren't a lot of people. I found a seat and sat down, I closed my eyes. Waiting for the movie to start, I suddenly felt something, familiar. I opened my eyes and I turned my head towards the door, I was surprised. Standing on top of the stairs, there he was. His ebony black hair gently covering his forehead, the black of his hair making his white skin look even more white. He was looking at the ticket, and he looked up. He looked around, then his eyes looked down and met mine. My heart stopped, I didn't know what to do. He smiled, I smiled back without knowing. He slowly walked down, and came over.

"Can I sit here?" He asked, his voice echoing gently in my ears.
"Ya, sure." I replied flushing red.

He sat down beside me, and we both stayed silent for about 6 seconds.

"It's..." We both said at the same time.

We both looked at each other, and laughed.

"Sorry, you can go first." He said.
"Thanks, it's surprising how we happen to see each other again." I said.
"I know, I wasn't expecting this either. I wanted to enjoy a movie by myself, and I found today was the right day." He explained.
"Ah same, I've been with my friends a lot, so I wanted to have some time to myself." I told him.
"Friends, sometimes you got to leave the pack just for a bit." He laughed gently.
"I know." I replied.
"By the way I'm JB, it's nice to officially meet you." JB said.
"Nice to meet you too JB, I'm ​_______.." I introduced myself.

Our eyes locked onto each others once again for a few seconds.

"You like sad movies?" He asked.
"Uh, so so I guess, I don't know, today I felt like I wanted to feel a bit emotional. Haha been a little dull lately." I said.
"I understand, well cry as much as you want tonight, I won't judge." He smiled.
"Haha thanks." I smiled.

We watched the movie, I cried a few times. JB once in a while gave me tissue paper for me to wipe my tears, I was touched. After the movie ended we both walked outside.

"That was really emotional, wasn't expecting you to cry that much." JB said.
"Ya me neither." I added.
"Well it's nice meeting you again, do you need me to walk you somewhere, it's quite late." JB asked.
"Oh no, it's fine, I don't live too far away. Thank you though, we should get to know each other better someday." I suggested.
"Like hang?" JB asked.
"Ya.. You can say that haha." I laughed, blushing again.
"Sounds nice, here's my number then." JB said giving me his number.

We exchanged numbers.

"Well hope to hang soon ​_______., I'l get going now." JB said.
"Ya thanks again, and bye." I waved.

JB gave me a gently smile and walked away. I looked at the number he gave me, and smiled. Once again my heart fluttered. Time went by, JB and I hung out a lot and got to know each other better. We became close friends. One day the two of us sat beside a big water fountain and just talked.

"You know I've noticed something about you." JB said.
"What is it?" I asked.
"You seem pretty shy or closed up. Like you're trying to hide from something at times." JB said.
"Ahh that..." My voices trailed off.
"Is it something you want to talk about?" He asked me.
"It's not anything serious, sometimes I just feel really uncomfortable when a lot of people stare at me or pay attention to me all of a sudden." I told him.
"So it's it a phobia kind of?" JB asked me.
"I don't know, I've been like that ever since I was young. I wonder at times if something happened to me when I was younger." I quietly said.

I just stared at the sky above us after I told him, the wind was gently blowing. JB gently rested his hand on my head, and smiled.

"Don't worry, you'll be fine. I'll try to help you get rid of that uneasiness." He said.
"Huh? How?" I asked confused.
"I don't know, but we'll find a way." He assured.

My eyes went from his eyes to his lips, my heart began to beat faster. JB completely caged my feelings, I was caught by him. Miriallia and I walked around in a park one day a few days later. We linked each other's arms, and talked.

"How's JB?" Miriallia asked.
"Well, he's sweet, caring, and a really close friend." I said smiling lightly.
"Closer than me?" Miriallia said giving me those looks that you know.. Good friends would give to each other.
"Haha no of course not Miriallia, I'm more comfortable talking to you about things than anyone else." I said.
"I see. By the way, since you and JB are close now, I think you can tell him some things." Miriallia said.

I looked at her, she lifted her eyebrows.

"I mean, what if I'm not beside you one day? Who would you talk to then?" Miriallia said to me.

I thought about what she said.

"Though I don't know JB that well, but I hope he can be the person who can make you open up to others, and won't let you feel uncomfortable when other's gives you those unwanted attention." Miriallia smiled.

I slowly nodded.

"You're right Mir, I think he can be that person." I said.
"Now the question is... Do you like him?" Miriallia suddenly asked.

I smacked her arm, and she started laughing. I started chasing after her, and we had a great time hanging out. Though I didn't give Miriallia an answer, but in my heart, I know the answer. A few days later, JB took me to an amusement park that was opened on the weekend.

"How are you enjoying it so far?" JB asked.
"It's really fun, thanks JB." I smiled.
"No need, I thought that maybe this can help you forget about the attention thing." He said.
"Oh, haha that's really thoughtful of you JB. Honestly I don't mind, as long as I'm with someone I'm close with, I can forget about it." I said. "That's good, let's go on the ferris wheel." JB said.
"Sure." I replied with a smile.

The ferris wheel started running. We kind of stayed quiet for a while, just enjoying the wheel as the wheel brought us higher. Suddenly JB said something.

"​_______., have you ever thought that maybe having someone beside you to help you forget about your phobia?" He asked.

I looked at him confused.

"What do you mean?" I asked.
"Well someone who can always keep your mind occupied and keep you from feeling uncomfortable at all times?" JB said clearing his throat.

I finally understood what he's trying to go.

"Actually I do, JB, honestly I've liked you for a quite a while. But I didn't know how you would react to my confession, so I kept it hidden." I suddenly said.

It went silent all of a sudden, it was really awkward. From the corner of my eyes, I can see a small smile appear on JB's ivory colored face.

"​_______., you know, I wanted to say the exact same words that you said just now." JB finally said.

I looked at him, his face shining brightly under the sun, his hair gently swaying in the high wind. His irises glittering underneath the monolids.

"JB..." I choked out.

My mind emptied itself and was filled with relief and happiness. I leaned to the side and looked at the far away mountains, the wheel suddenly jerked back then forward. I let out a small scream, JB grabbed my arm and pulled me into him. He held me tightly to him, my face was just a few centimeters away from his. My heart began to pound really fast, I was dazed.

"You have no idea how long I've waited for those words." JB said looking into my eyes.
"I like you." I whispered.

He nodded.

"Let me be the one who you'll pay attention to, the one who will only give you the attention that you need, no more and no less." JB promised.

Small tear crystals formed in my eyes, JB leaned in and his lips touched mine. I closed my eyes and letting all my fears drift away. Ever since JB came into my life, all of my fears, and worries faded away. For my fears of having people giving me unwanted attention , I'm slowly forgetting all that, thinking it's just some random thing that took over me at a young age. Everytime JB and I hang, he will hold my hand and always have my mind occupied so I won't think of things that aren't  important. For that I am really thankful, till one day. One day, while sitting in a park and enjoying the beautiful weather. JB got a call, He picked it up.

"Hello? Hey Jackson, what's up,  movie tonight? Sure hold on." He said.

JB turned and faced me.

"Hey the 6 guys are going for a movie tonight, and asked if you want to go with them or not?" JB said.
"Sure I would like that, it's been a while." I replied.
"Great, I'll tell them." JB smiled.

I nodded. Later that night, JB drove us to the movie theatre.

"They say they're already inside, so we just go in I guess." JB said looking at his phone.
"I see." I said.

I looked around, feeling uneasy. There were a lot of girls, and they were all staring at us.. Whether if they are eyeing JB or I.. I have no idea. They looked like wolves, surprisingly JB didn't notice at all. From his angelic features, it would be weird if girls didn't stare at him. I brushed the feeling off and walked in, it started to rain. When we arrived inside, I saw the other six, Mark, BamBam, Jr.,Jackson,Youngjae, and Yugyeom. They waved and we waved back, we found a seat and sat down beside them. I sat beside BamBam who gave me a high five and a hug(I became close with them over the months). JB sat on the other side of me, it felt nice, safe. There were not a lot of people yet, we decided to watch "Poltergeist" I don't know, guess the guys have a taste for horror films.. Haha. I jumped a few times, heart pounding from the jump scares and so on. I would calm down really quickly, reason being, JB. He would hold my hand and smile in the dark, from the dim light projected from the screen,   I can see his soft smile. After 15 minutes, a bunch of people came in, I couldn't tell who they were, but there were a lot of flashing lights. We sat in the back, so the people in front of us weren't effected. They shone the light on us, and turned the lights off and came towards us. When they stopped in front of us, a bunch took the seats in front, and some in the back. And a few in our row, I can tell who they are. Girls, they were all girls. One of them squeezed between and stopped in front me, and whispered in my ears.

"Look here, we've known them longer than you have, so move out of this seat." I was surprised.

Before I can say anything her eyes met mine, though I didn't know who they were, I kept my mouth shut, and got up. JB grabbed my arm, I looked down at him.

"Who are they? Where are you going?" JB asked.
"Idk, she's a schoolmate, just came by to say hi. I'm going to the washroom." I said with a fake smile.

JB looked concerned.

"Ok, come back quickly." JB said narrowing his brows.

I left, when I went out I texted Miriallia.

"Hey Mir, can you meet me at the park?" I pressed send.

I looked outside it was raining pretty hard, I walked out. I walked outside without an umbrella under the pouring rain. People around me looked at me, wondering why a girl is walking under the pouring rain without an umbrella. I tried to phase them out of my thoughts, it was hard being stared at by 10's 100's of people. I found the seat that JB and I sat in at the park that morning, and just sat under the rain, it lightened a tiny bit. I waited with my eyes closed, 8 minutes later, the rain stopped. I opened my eyes, and looked up.

"My god ​_______., what happened to you? Why are you out here alone?" Mirialla asked.

I smiled.

"Glad you came." I said.

She took off her coat and placed it on me, and sat beside me and gave me an umbrella.

"Let me guess something happened?" Miriallia asked.

I nodded.

"What? What happened?" She asked.

"Girls, we went to the movie theatre, a bunch of girls kept eyeing JB, and one told me to leave as she took the seat beside him." I told her.
"So, you're worried about that she's going to take him away from you?" She asked.
"That, and him reciprocating back, since she told me that they knew each other a long time ago." I said looking at my hands.
"Are you going to let him go?" Miriallia asked again.
"I don't know, if he likes her, then I will. He helped me a lot, forgetting about my attention problem, and so on. He suffered a lot as well by helping me with that, I feel like I'm locking him in a cage." I said truthfully.
"If you really love him, you wouldn't think those thoughts, and if he does too, then he will come find you." Miriallia assured me.
"Do you really think he will?" I asked.

Miriallia took my hand and smiled.

"Question is now, will you stay here and wait? Or will you leave?" Miriallia asked.

I didn't reply and just held her hands.

"I will give you time to think that through, I know you will choose the right option ​_______.." Miriallia said.

She got up, gave me a nod, and left. The rain started again, and I closed my eyes. 10 minutes went by.. It felt  like I fell asleep, but I wasn't sure. Somehow I can feel someone taking my hand gently and holding it tightly, it feels like a dream, and then I opened my eyes. A hand... A hand as smooth as ivory was holding my hand, the rain above me stopped. I looked ahead, a beauty mark, right below the beautiful brown iris.

"I finally found you." He said with a sigh and a smile.
"JB?" I stuttered.

He took my hand and pulled me up, and held me close under the umbrella.

"I was looking all over for you, I thought you said you were just going to the bathroom?" He asked.
"I... Well something came up.." I lied.
"You're lying, it's something else." JB said.

I looked at him, his eyes staring deep into mine.  Guess I can't lie in front of him, he can see right through me.

"Well... I uh." I began, then gave up.
"You were worried weren't you?" JB said.

I didn't reply.

"Mark whispered to me, he told me that he saw your facial expression when the group of girls sat beside us, after you left, BamBam told me to go look for you." JB said.
"Guess I can't hide anything from you seven." I muttered.

JB let out a small smile, and held my hand tightly.

"Haha what were you afraid of? That I would give all of my attention to them and not you, because they're girls?" JB asked.
"You're making me sound selfish.. But kind of yes." I said feeling guilty.

JB slowly hugged me, dropping the umbrella.

"I promised you didn't I? That I'll give all of my attention to you if you're willing to accept me as the only person who will stay by you." JB reminded me.

I nodded, a teardrop forming.

"I can promise you that I didn't care at all about those girls, a few minutes after you left, I got up and started looking for you." JB said.

I smiled.

"You don't have to worry about those things ​_______. I'll be the one that will give you the attention you rightfully deserve, and in return... Let me be the one who'll receive your love and attention." JB said.
"Promise." I whispered.

JB released me, and looked at me. The rain stopped, the fresh smell from the rain seeped through our noses. JB, leaned in and kissed me. I feel so secure, and relaxed.

"Maybe everything is just from my mind... Me overthinking... Me too insecure. I can overcome this problem of mine, I just need to try and believe in myself. Being stared at isn't something to be shying away from... It shows that I'm special." I thought to myself.

After that day, JB and I spent everyday together. As time progressed, I became more open. I started hanging out with friends at school, people outside. JB helped me a lot, I'm really thankful. Miriallia has never been happier to see me so open and not shying away from other's eyes.

"I'm so happy, glad to see your smile, haven't seen them in a long time." She said.

Miriallia and I went to a coffee shop one day, and talked.

"I am, I'm really grateful to you and JB. I honestly can't imagine what today would be like without you and him." I said drinking my coffee.

Miriallia smiled, and sipped her coffee.

"Question, that day, that rainy day." I said.

Miriallia placed her coffee down, and listened.

"You told me that I will choose the right choice. You sounded so sure." I said.

Miriallia smiled.

"How? How were you so sure?" I asked.
"Because I know your true feelings." Miriallia said.

I nodded. 

"You..." I stuttered.
"I'm your best friend, I can basically see right through you ​_______.. I knew how much JB meant to you, so I believed that you would choose the option to stay, to wait for him. Guess You never let me down ​_______.." Miriallia smiled, picking up her coffee.
"Mir.. But how.." I began.
"How did he knew that you were there at the park? I went the movie theatre, and I saw him waiting for you by the bathroom. I told him that you were at the park waiting. I handed him the umbrella, and told him that I believe that he'll choose the right path as well. Guess my trust for you two will never waver." Miriallia laughed.
"You are like my Guardian Angel.. Thank you." I said tearing.
"Hey, that's what best friends are for, yes they tease you, bully you, but when you need them, they're only a call away." Miriallia said smiling.

I smiled. A few days later, JB took me to the amusement park again, first ride.. The ferris wheel. As we got to the top, the Ferris wheel stopped for a few minutes, the people at the bottom were switching off.

" Are you ok now?" JB asked.
"Ya I'm totally ok now, I'm not shying away from people's eyes, I feel more opened than I've ever been." I said looking at him.
"That's absolutely amazing, glad that I helped." JB giving a cool look to me.
"Not just you, Miriallia too, she helped me a lot too." I said glaring at him.
"Haha of course, Miriallia as well, she's been beside you even before when I appeared in your life." JB said nodding.
"I want to ask... That day, how did you know I was at the park? Did Miriallia told you?" I asked.
"Yes. I waited for your by the bathroom, you never came out. At that moment, she appeared. She told me that you were waiting for me at the park, I ran out and started looking for you." JB admitted.
"Just curious, what if I did fell for one of those girls?" JB asked.

I stayed quiet for a sec.

"Guess I have just have to let you go." I said with a shrug.
" I hope that will never happen." JB laughed.
"Let's hope not." I smiled.
"Unless you break up with me first, and with a good reason, I'll make sure to be there for you." JB promised me.

I took his hand, and hugged him. His chest was warm, and his heart beat was beating at a constant speed.

"Thank you.. For everything." I whispered.
"I love you ​_______., just remember that. Focus on those words, just as if you're focusing on me and phasing out the unwanted attention from other people." JB said hugging me.

I looked up and kissed him, the wind gently blowing pass us.

"I love you JB." I said.

I closed my eyes, the wheel started moving again. I phased everything out, and in that moment, I only focused on his heartbeat, and the words "I Love You." ❤JB