Reason # 2 (ft. Myungsoo)

Reasons Why Lee Sungjong Is The Perfect Friend

Reason # 2: When you are blue…


“So you got stood up.” Sungjong dead-panned, primly cutting his steak unto little pieces. Across him, Myungsoo indignantly scoffed behind his wine glass. They were at a high end restaurant having dinner – the older surprising the younger when he suddenly arrived at other’s doorsteps wearing a suit

“No, I wasn’t stood up.” He snorted as he brought a fork over his mouth – Myungsoo ignored it. “It was just… cancelled. And seeing as it took me months to get this reservation, it’ll be a waste not to attend it.”

He smirked smugly, hand reaching out to grab his own wine glass. “Sure hyung, whatever makes you sleep better tonight.” The other only scowled at him, mercilessly cutting through his own steak and roughly shoving one piece on his mouth. He couldn’t help laugh mirthfully at the other’s pathetic state – you can’t blame him really, it wasn’t every day that he got to tease his elders – it was usually the other way around.

To make things even better, Myungsoo choked. This only made him laugh harder as he watched the other violently cough and wheeze.

“Seriously Hyung? What did the poor steak do to you… Hyung? HYUNG!” an episode that was supposed to be a fun memory turned into the worst when Myungsoo’s face turned into an alarming shade of blue and it looked like he was having trouble breathing. Sungjong immediately shot up from his seat and ran to his friend’s side, frantically shouting help at the top of his lungs.

Praying to whatever God above, he couldn’t be happier at getting an A on his first aid class back in high school. He knew it would be useful someday! Like he remembered, he wrapped his arms around the other’s middle and started to push on his stomach. He repeated this for a few more times until Myungsoo coughed and the piece of steak flew out of his mouth and into the floor.

Heaving a sigh of relief, he left the other to be fussed about by a nurse who luckily was also dining at the restaurant that time.

“Seriously hyung… this is why I never eat violently.”


…I will try to dislodge whatever is choking you.