Triggers

Morning Star

Triggers

 

The pretty boy woke up early to cook for his boyfriend who still slept peacefully. He whipped up an easy meal with egg, bacon and toast. Perfect for Friday morning as it would be another busy weekend for the chief. He even made some for the officers outside his house.

"Umm...smell good" The taller man hugged the tiny body from behind while sniffing his hair made the pretty boy smiled.

"Cheesy"

"Morning Kiss?" Jeonghan turned and pecked on other shortly and resumed back to his cooking.

"You will be a good housewife"

"You think?"

"Of course" Seungcheol smiled brightly to himself. He was lucky to have this beautiful and kind heart boy as his lover. "I can imagine you in just an apron" He lifted his hand hitting the other arm.

"Ouch! Why so violent"

"You deserve it" Jeonghan put the eggs on plate and handed to his boyfriend who went back to his seat waiting.

"Really Jeonghannie, you will be a good housewife and I wanted you to be one for me" He dig his fork right in the egg and started eating. He said as if it was a normal couple talk.

"We just date"

"A year??"

"Not long enough for me to be your wife old man!"

"But you can consider it right?"

"Yes I guess"

He never thought of getting married, it seemed to be a huge responsibility and commitment that he was not ready for yet. A year with his boyfriend was amazing and he could not be happier but he noticed a slight change from Seungcheol and himself when the other man walked into their life…Joshua, the man who could make him blushed and smiled easily. The man who stared at him with adoration since the first day they met. The mysterious stranger who helped him.


Maybe he should stop analyzing too much it would only cause headache because he already had the best boyfriend in his life and he would not ask for more. He was happy how they were now...wasn't he? The topic was dropped off when they heard the news. The news on their case and updates for the press who wanted to know everything. 


The big brown eyes watched TV listening to what the news reporter talked. They showed the suspect photo so it would be more difficult for him to make a move now. 

"I will be at the club today"

"But it's Saturday" 

"He normally attacks on weekend so today is our best chance"

“But he won’t be there” Jeonghan argued. His face was shown on national news like that so the killer would be hiding now.

“He might” 

"You have to be extra careful" Jeonghan looked real worried. This killer seemed to know what he was doing and if he was cornered, he would fight for his life and it might cause someone getting hurt. 


At the end of the day, the pretty boy was home by himself. He kept painting and drawing pictures. The officers were still outside his apartment in the car. He looked out the window on the busy street and found nothing wrong.

He was surprised to see a familiar figure walking his way. He looked nice in grey t-shirt and slacks. His hair was up and the man had something in his hand. Not long until the same man knocked on his door.

"Good afternoon!"

"Good afternoon Joshua"

"How are you?"

"I am good" 

"That's great"

"Come in" The pretty boy noticed that Joshua did not step in the house so he invited.

"Thank you" 

"Here I bought you a cake"

"Cake?" Jeonghan was not a fan of sweet treat so cake was not his favorite thing either but he accepted Joshua generosity anyway.

"Yes it is really good, chocolate cake" The gentle man walked to kitchen and put the box of cake on the dining table.

"Why are you here?"

"I thought you need a company because your boyfriend is away so here I am!"

"I can stay by myself" He said quietly but Joshua heard that anyway. 

"No it's always better to have friends around"

"I..." He was about to say something but he did not. He really was with himself in that square room more than 8 years. He was surrounded by nurses, doctors or mentally ill patients. No one would understand him, no one would care to listen. He did not think he would be out from that miserable hospital but he was lucky.

"Yes?"

"I don't know how to make friends"

"It's easy, just smile"

Joshua sat down in living room looking at paper on an oval shape glass table. He noticed that the pictures were only in black and white. There were places, people and scenic. Jeonghan must have painted what he saw. Both his tiny hands were stained by black carbon from pencil. His brown hair was loosely tied up into a low bun so some dropped on the side of his beautiful face. 

"This is nice" He picked up a plain grass field picture and took a good look at it. "Since when you start drawing"

"When I was 4"

"You only draw in black and white?" Jeonghan went quiet for a while. When he was young, his parents would give him crayons for drawing...colorful family photo was painted by his little hands. He remembered the last piece he drew in color, it was his home.  The square looking house with triangle roof among green grass. It was not sophisticated like what he was doing now but it meant the world to him. 

After his parents’ death, he stopped drawing. It was painful for a little boy to know that his picture would not be seen by someone he loved most anymore so he quitted ever since. It took years and years until he picked up a pencil to draw again. His painting was dull and full of sorrow, they were in black and white never other colors.

"Yes" Joshua noticed the change in the pretty facial expression. He could see the sadness in those big brown eyes like he was going to cry. 

"Black and white is nice too" That word brought the other back to reality. "These paintings are from your thoughts and I think they're quite unique...nothing is wrong with it" 

"You are one of a few people that think so...most people find it weird" Jeonghan grabbed a paper and looked at it. He admired what he drew and that was charming.

"I am weird too, suits you well" The long hair boy smiled out. He put his pencil down and stared at Joshua eyes quietly. This pair of eyes were too familiar like he saw them before but where? They only met. 

"You like my eyes?" 

"Huh?"

"You are staring at them...find anything interesting?" Joshua teased. He knew he could hypnotize most people but now he was more interested in unlocking this beautiful boy mind rather than anything else.

"They look familiar"

"Maybe we met from the past life!"

"There is no past life"

"Well you'd never know"

They spent their afternoon talking again just like the other day. Joshua did not mind talking by himself while the pretty boy was drawing and listening. He would comment a little here and there when he wanted. It was a good progress.

"Where did your boyfriend go anyway? It's weekend"

"He has to be at the club tonight to catch the killer" Jeonghan replied weakly. 

"He might change location"

"Yes his previous place is exposed, he won't go back there"

"Where do you think he will be?"

"I don't know, but he won't do anything tonight" 

"True" He saw Jeonghan went quiet like he was thinking. "But no one listen to you?"

"They listened but it's not like they're going to do a thing about it, even Seungcheol"

"Don't be mad...they just worried about you"

"Too much" Jeonghan frowned slightly because he thought Joshua would agree with him.

"But I know what they are thinking"

"What?"

"They know you would give yourself up as a bait to catch the criminal" The devil indicated that out. He knew this boy was not as weak as he looked.

"What's wrong with that?"

"The possibility of catching the killer is slimmer than you get stabbed" Joshua tried to scare the pretty boy but he did not flinch. The determination in his brown orbs were far greater than fear. 

"I know but it is the best chance to lure him out"

"That's true but it is too risky"

"Even you think so?"

"What do you mean by that?"

"I thought you will agree to my plan because you looked like someone who will do risky business" That made Joshua laughed. This boy could notice that much of him, it was interesting.

"What if you got stabbed??!!"

"Call 911"

"You are definitely crazy"

“I already know that” 

“But I am here to help, remember?” Jeonghan looked at the gentle smile skeptically. Joshua looked a bit playful so risking it with this man might cause a bigger problem but who else he could turn to. “Trust me Jeonghan I can protect you” 

The gentle man smiled proudly. He was a prince of hell, his power was beyond imagination only he wanted to use it or not. Most of the time his power was to destroy and used it to finish off the murderer was not a bad idea. That promise made Jeonghan smiled slightly in return. This stranger came into his life like a flash light and now this same stranger promised to protect him. It was a bit weird but somehow Joshua made him feel safe like no one could...even his boyfriend. To protect him was not caging him in his room surrounded by police officers but to be by his side once in a while, it seemed like Seungcheol probably starting to forget that.

It was true to Jeonghan predicted, the killer did not attack anyone this weekend. He waited patiently somewhere and the police officer could not find him yet. The evident leaded to his house but every time he got away like a ghost. The beautiful boy still went to work when he was called in and his boyfriend tried to come home in the evening a few days a week as he was worried about the long hair boy. Joshua dropped by whenever Seungcheol was not around as if he sneaked in, he would spend the whole day just talking to Jeonghan and sometimes went outside for a walk together.
.

.

.

.
It had been a month passed and the killer was nowhere to be found. He did not attack anyone and polices could not track where he went either. It was extremely bizarre and dangerous. It was Wednesday night when Jeonghan had to leave work late. He was on his way home just a short walk from his car when he noticed a man stalking him from behind. He stopped and turned to look but the stalker hid behind the concrete wall. It was too dark to see from a far so he decided to walk as fast as his legs could bring him to until he hit someone. 

“Where are you rushing to cutie?” His soft voice was soothing…a familiar voice.

“Joshua” The smaller body leaned close like that while trying to catch his breath. His hands touched the other chest lightly supporting himself at the same time.

“Your boyfriend won’t be mad seeing you snuggled up to me like this?” Joshua let out a cheekily smile. He the other back softly. “I can walk you home” He looked over the other shoulder to see the grinning face of the man he met three weeks ago. The stalker stood further away behind corner of the building before he quickly ran away as soon as Joshua saw.

“Why don’t you call me? I can pick you up too”

“I forgot”

“Put me in urgent number, I can come and fetch you faster than your boyfriend” Joshua walked and talked making the pretty boy calmed down a bit until they reached the front door. 

“I will stay with you for a bit” His soft honey voice confirmed. 

“But you are not going somewhere?” From how he dressed, the pretty boy thought he must be going somewhere.

“No”

“You can sleep here, I have a spare room” Jeonghan pointed at another smaller room. It was normally used as a guest bedroom where Seokmin or Jihoon slept. 

“Can’t I sleep in your room?” 

“Yes then I’ll sleep in another room” The long hair boy glared the other a bit but Joshua just acted like there was nothing wrong about it. 

“I don’t think your boyfriend will be pleased to know I’m here with you at this hour”

“Don’t worry about him” His sweet voice was now back into usual whispering. Joshua was a devil so he did not really get about human relationship. He knew that people loved and cheated and hated each other and happy ending was totally a dream. He usually influenced people to break up which so far he did not do it to Seungcheol and Jeonghan yet. But thought about it again, him being here could cause a lot of relationship problems to the beautiful boy too. 

That night, they sat in living room watching late night movie and drank tea. It was nice and comforting comparing to what was about to happen earlier tonight if Joshua was not there on time. 

“Can you look at me into the eyes?”

“Sure” Jeonghan stared right back and nothing happened.

“You don’t feel anything?”

“What am I supposed to feel?”

“People normally fall for my charms”

“You have a lot of charms but not this creepy looking face” Joshua laughed by the comment.

“Did my father send you?”

“Definitely not and I don’t know your father”

“You’d better not know him” Since he ran away, he did not reveal himself to anyone yet. He spent his time just like a normal human would do. He talked and blended in to people. He even had one human friend which was Jeonghan but rather than that they were his followers from hell. Joshua did not hate his father but he was bored and not very happy with what he did so he took a break from it. 

 

The gentle man ended up staying the whole night until morning. Jeonghan was sleeping and leaning on his shoulder. He looked peaceful in his sleep, he snuggled closer to the other while blanket wrapped around his petite body. Joshua had an urge to touch the boy long smooth hair and pinkish cheek. Those rosy red lips looked tempting…he did not know that a male human could be this breathtaking. Not every long hair men were beautiful but Jeonghan was. 


This must be why devils attracted to human kinds, they were like fun games to play with before breaking them into pieces…easy baits and easily broken. Even though Jeonghan looked frail and weak but his heart was hard like a diamond. It made the Lucifer wondered what was really going on in that head…what he was thinking…what he saw through those big brown eyes…or even how he felt. He was totally mesmerized by the beauty of this boy. His slender hand caressed silky hair faintly while Joshua let his mind wandered.


The knock on the door woke the devil up from his thoughts… He shifted himself out from the sleeping boy and placed the smaller one on the sofa. He walked to the door and opened just to meet with a short pink hair boy wearing a pair of thick round glasses. 

“Who are you??” The boy asked a little upset.

“I am Joshua Hong”

“Why you are in my friend apartment?” His tiny body pushed past Joshua straight to the living room right away. He sighed deeply when he saw the pretty friend slept on sofa.

“Yoon Jeonghan!!! How can you let a stranger stay in your house??” The little boy shout so loud until the long hair boy sat up and almost fell on the wooden floor.

“What’s wrong Jihoon?”

“Archhh you! Who is that man??” His index finger pointed at the other man who stood quietly.

“Joshua?”

“Oh so you know each other?” Jihoon shove his friend to the side and sat down next to him. His arms folding and he looked ready to scold at the other. This tiny boy was opposite to Seokmin who mostly smiled at all time, more to the funny side but this little one was serious and very grumpy.

“I’m sorry I didn’t tell you…you guys were busy”

“And where are all the officers??? Are they all death or what?? They are missing” Jeonghan looked at Joshua confused. They both saw officers outside the apartment last night and this was already late morning so they should be there.

“They were here last night” The gentle man mentioned. That alerted Jihoon who abruptly stepped to the living room window, opened the curtain wide. 

“I will call Seungcheol to check” Jihoon dialed the chief number right away. He explained, talked and more yelled at his colleague. It turned out that Seungcheol did not know where the officers went either. They were instructed to stay in front of the apartment monitoring at all time. Their car was there but the two officers went missing. 

“I will be right back” Joshua walked out.

“Where are you going?” 

“Just to check outside”

“I’m going with you” Jeonghan followed but he was stopped by the other.

“No!!! No way, you are going Jeonghannie” Jihoon protested. He walked and picked up a knife from kitchen before handed to the other.

“Here”

“No thank you, I don’t want to look like a crazy man with a knife alone in neighborhood” The gentle man gave small assuring smile to Jeonghan before walking out to check on the empty police car.

The devil knew right away what was going on, he could sense some energy in the area and it was familiar. He bent down looking inside because the window was down half way. One of them must have drawn the window down to talk to someone. He heard the giggle very close by and that sound was from someone he knew…Ren.

“What did you do Ren?”

“I thought they were lonely last night so I played with them a bit”

“You killed them?”

“I didn’t do anything, poor men…they just killed each other” Ren made a pouty face and chuckled again not moving out from where he stood. He knew someone was watching them from the opposite side. Joshua stood at the car and his back faced the apartment so the two boys in the house would not see.

“Why them” 

“Who are “them”? These two officers??”

“Yes”

“Lucifer, if you don’t go back there will be more deads” 

“I told you I’m on vacation”

“Your father requires you back and we need you”

“Don’t even try that with me, I’m not buying it” Joshua walked slowly to the next block pretending that he checked the area.

“You are the Satan, you are not supposed to care”

“I don’t care”

“You do…you do” The pretty blonde hair boy waved and walked away leaving Joshua there. He did not care what happened to these two officers. His tender eyes looked back at the door on the opposite side. Jeonghan was standing there worriedly and he knew what Ren was talking about. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*****************************************************************************************************

Ok This chapter is quite short...so sorry TT

Joshua is getting there I swear, he really starts to feel something for Jeonghan 

The killer is coming for Jeonghan. Who will save him?? Joshua? maybe Coups or no one? hehehe 

Thank you for reading and supporting this fic.

Comments, subscribes, upvotes are all good! ^^