Savior & Secret

Morning Star

Savior & Secret

 

Jeonghan walked out from the back door slowly, he was being cautious with every steps. He stopped short thinking whether he should open the door or went back to Joshua first. He did not have any weapons nor strong enough to fight that man. His hand was at the door knob, did not turn but then the door was yanked open from outside, he stumbled out in the dark alley losing balance and fell down on his knees.

 

That man knew he was there and he was waiting, now Jeonghan was in big trouble. He stared at the killer who was only a meter away standing swinging a knife in his hands. His eyes were all black, no white left in them...what was he? He grinned wickedly seeing his recent prey...a long hair beautiful male, fair skin and slender body...perfect...too perfect.

 

"Oh boy...I have been looking for you" He walked closer while the boy blenched and struggled backward, hands scratched on the concrete floor. "He has watched over you too well" The man laughed deeply. Jeonghan did not understand what he meant but when his hand reached to Jeonghan, only finger tips touched. It showed that same vision he saw before he passed out a day ago. The terrified sight which gave him pain and agony. The lean arm was pulled up forcefully before slammed on the brick wall.

"What do you want?" His voice was soft but not giving up.

"Your life"

"Why?"

"You are special...your soul...a foresight, very rare" Jeonghan did not move. If he moved, he was sure that the man would cut his throat or stabbed him because he could feel the sharp tip poking and cutting on his skin.

“You are too beautiful…little boy...too bad you are going to die today” He used the tip of sharp shining knife pushing the long hair from pretty face admiring it.

"Don't try to fight, doesn't worth it" The man laughed but then he stopped. Jeonghan saw another dark shadow approaching them fast.

"What are you??"

"I am..."

Jeonghan did not hear the man answered as he felt a strong force knocking him right on his head. It was like his head was beaten by brick wall behind, he did not feel the stab while he tried hard to keep his eyes open but they were too heavy. He only saw a blur figure…a man walking toward them, someone came to save him? He already had a thought of accepting that he would be death this time before he collapsed on the floor unconscious.

“His soul is mine!!" The devil growled angrily.

“Who said so?” Soft honey voice commented loud enough for the killer to hear. He flicked his hand a little to the camera this time…probably went black the whole night.

“Lucifer”

“Sure if you want me to be Lucifer for a day” He had been a nice and kind Joshua for a while but this stupid devil asked for his death wish so he would gladly give him one.

“This is my prey”

“He is? I don’t think so” Joshua stepped closer until he was just a meter away. The knife was too close to the pretty face so he had to get rid of it first. He moved his hand again and he went flying on the opposite direction. The man growled low while his hand went right on Jeonghan neck.

“Get away from him and I shall let you live”

“No” The possessed man stood up ready for a fight but who could fight a Lucifer.

"I don't want to kill my own kind" He glared at the man with pity face. "It's wrong you know?" Joshua took one step closer, his cold smiling eyes now were crimson red...threatening. He was thinking of the way to negotiate with this stupid man but when he saw a little cut on Jeonghan neck he was losing patient...very fast.

"I'm bored of you now" He grinned to the possessed man.

"What?"

“Your time is up” The Lucifer smirked and stepped away.

The man did not even have a chance to move before a sharp blade went through his chest in one strike and the owner of the sword pulled it out as fast as he plunged in. That was fast, precise and no splashing blood. The man body was tremble and struggled to breathe, his hand was on burning hole on his chest. He turned back just to meet with a blackening eyes staring right at him and that smirk on his lips satisfied with his work.

 

“That looks hurt” said Joshua, who had smile plastered on his face as he bent down.

 

The burning was bad enough and caused the man to scream but no voice came out as his lips were sealed shut when Joshua touched them. His eyes had black blood running out like an ink as he trashed on the floor before fully collapsed face down while his body was distorted and twisted after a few torturing minutes indicated that the man was death. The other man wiped his sword cleaned and kept it close before using a tip of his shoe kicking on the death body making sure his job was completed.

"He is death" He kicked again. “Should you at least burn the body?”

“No” Joshua stood up. “Just left it there for the officers” He then turned his attention to the long hair beauty who was unconscious on the floor. His head was bleeding slightly from the hit his follower caused earlier...just a little scratch but rather than that he was breathing and nothing was broken.

"You didn't have to knock him out this way"

"Well you didn't say which way so I did it my way" The tall lanky boy spoke. "So this is the boy?"

"Yes"

"He looks like a girl to me" The devil laughed slightly but he got a death glare from Joshua then he stopped.

"Thank you, you can leave now"

"Yes master"

The tall boy now paid attention on the pretty one unconscious on the floor. He touched the wound lightly stop it from bleeding then lifted the boy up in his arms before returned to the car like nothing happened earlier. Ren was already there leaning against his car smoking, his pretty face was a little upset.

“You killed my slave”

“So?”

“You killed your own kind just to save this boy?” The incubus asked.

“I will kill just about anyone to save him” Joshua gave out a warning to the other.

“He is your boyfriend then?”

“No” Joshua placed the tiny body on front seat and closed the door. He should bring the boy to hospital because the hit earlier was quite hard, it knocked the boy down so a little check-up would be good.

“I don’t have time arguing with you Ren” He got in the car and drove off right away. Making the incubus frowned slightly. His plan was ruined and he lost a follower…what an unlucky night but he smiled out again thinking of another plan in mind.

"Lucifer it won't end here" Ren giggled then he went back to the club to find his play thing for the night while thinking of his new vicious plan.

.                                                                                                                                     

.

.

.

Jeonghan woke up again on the next day because loud noise besides his bed. Jihoon was scolding Seungcheol on the phone from being a careless boyfriend. Only if the man stayed with his friend a bit longer then the pretty boy would not go out and did the crazy thing he tried to do last night. If not for Joshua then things might be out of hand and his friend would be death by now.

"Oh you are awake! Doctor he is awake!" Seokmin ran out to call doctor in. The pretty boy opened his eyes slowly adjusting to the light on the ceiling. He saw Jihoon, Seokmin and Joshua...where was his boyfriend again?

"Seungcheol..."

"He was called to the crime scene just a bit ago, he will be back"

"Ok"

"How do you feel?" Soft honey voice asked, his hand brushed off string of long hair out from pretty face. The gesture that made two friends who just walked back stopped and stared.

"My head...hurt"

"Yes you got hit pretty hard last night" Jeonghan lifted his hand up touching white bandage on the back of his head. That was where it hurt most. He really did not remember what happened last night. He knew he met a criminal then he was off. At least he was alive but how he survived the situation like that.

"You saved me?"

"No I only helped" Joshua smiled tenderly. His eyes did not leave the beautiful face.

"He saved you big time Jeonghan" Jihoon confirmed.

"Thank you"

"My pleasure" Jeonghan smiled lightly to the gentle man sitting next to his bed. Jihoon pulled his smiley friend arm lightly giving them time to talk. It was like these two were developing some special from that looked in their eyes. Even though Jeonghan already had a boyfriend but the older man seemed to forget that these days leaving the pretty boy sad and stressed. He did not encourage his friend to find a new boyfriend but Joshua could be a potential candidate which decision was totally up to the pretty boy.

"Did they catch the killer?"

"He died. Someone killed him" Seokmin said.

"But who?"

"We don't know yet. Joshua already saw when he is death too and the security camera all broken last night"

"Oh so someone killed the killer"

"Yes"

"Strange"

"Yes but at least the criminal is death. Case closed" The bright sound said firmly.

"And the officers case?"

"Not going anywhere...it stuck" Seokmin added. He did not want his friend to worry too much now as he just woke up from coma. He must be a bit disoriented and what Jeonghan should do now was resting.

“Don’t worry about it now Jeonghannie, you should rest more” Jihoon rubbed his friend arm lightly.

They stayed for a little longer before letting Jeonghan slept some more. Joshua decided to stay even though hospital was not the best place for the devil like him but he was worried about this boy. Yes, he admitted that he was worried a lot last night.

“What happened last night?”

“Nothing really. I told you to wait then you didn’t wait, you just walked right off to the killer” Joshua sounded a bit upset. He did not want to complain at the boy but he had to. Tiny little human like Jeonghan would not be able to fight off anyone but at least he was brave enough so Joshua had to give credit on that.

“I’m sorry”

“You are safe now so all is good” He ruffled long hair with smile, the smile which made Jeonghan smiled along.

“Who was that guy?”

“Which guy?”

“The one you talked to at the club, your friend?” Jeonghan laid down again. He felt sleepy, maybe the medicine was not worn out yet.

“He is someone I know”

“Umm…he looks scary…” Joshua was a bit surprise by the comment. Not many people found Ren scary, they mostly said he was handsome or pretty. Jeonghan must have seen differently but his big brown eyes were closing while Joshua was slowly his hair.

“Sleep…I’ll be here when you wake up” He actually put a little spell on the beautiful boy on bed. It would be better if Jeonghan could rest a bit more.

The devil sat next to bed looking at the door. He was sure Seungcheol would be back very soon not because his boyfriend was hurt last night but because he was here. Joshua remembered the irritated facial expression when the older man knew Jeonghan went out…he concerned more about who his boyfriend going out with than his boyfriend was in pain? That was not love, wasn’t it? Even the Lucifer like him knew love was not supposed to be this way.

It could be that his thought was too complicating, maybe Seungcheol loved this boy too much and he could not let go but the Lucifer could not ignore the conversation they had earlier. It disturbed him greatly.

.

.

.

.

“We need to talk”

“Sure”

Actually he went to the office and was questioned about the incident already this morning but he did not want to tell Jeonghan. The boy would defend him but he did not need that. He could take care of himself perfectly well, also he wished to read the chief mind. The Lucifer did not like the look on Seungcheol face…it was over protective and unreasonable which could lead to worse situations when a devil was targeting them.

“Your intention is not to question me about the case” said Joshua, as he sat comfortably. “But about your boyfriend”

“What happened last night?”

“I went to the club with Jeonghan, he wanted to check on the case” Joshua stared right at the other man sitting on the opposite side of the square wooden table. “I met my friend then your boyfriend went out…I only saw when your boyfriend was knocked down outside the club later”

“You can check the bartender where I was” The Lucifer smiled softly. This chief did not have effect on him instead he had much effect to the other. His calmness started to get on the other nerve and Seungcheol was losing his cool.

“Seungcheol shi…You are just jealous of me”

“Why do I have to be jealous of you?” Seungcheol asked angrily.

“Jeonghan…your boyfriend is very unique” The devil grinned lightly. He liked provoking this man, he gave some reaction to it. Seungcheol gritted his teeth and both hands folded into fist on the table. His dark brown eyes were filled with anger. “Who wouldn’t like him? I personally do”

“Stay away from Jeonghan”

“I cannot” He tapped his finger on the table did not pay attention on the other threatening words.

“Have you taken care of him well these days?” Joshua did not stop. He was the Lucifer for nothing and he enjoyed what he was doing. This man should thank him for saving his boyfriend life but instead he questioned him like some kind of criminal. This was a little revenge he wanted. "Have you satisfy his need? Oh no your need"

“It’s none of your business Joshua shi”

“Maybe it is”

“Seungcheol shi…” He paused then continued with his question. “Who is Jihyun?” It was Lucifer who asked curiously. Seungcheol abruptly went quiet and said no more word. He also seemed a bit panic.

“Jeonghan knows?” Joshua tried to make still face but it was too fun playing around with this man mind. “Oh right it’s a secret” He put his index finger on thin curling lips.

“He is my boyfriend and he belongs to me…no one can take him away even if they try” The chief said firmly. “I will never let him go…never”

Joshua chuckled lightly after hearing that confession, this man badly wanted to hold on to the beautiful boy. Seungcheol realized what he just said and stood up. He turned to look at the other man again with piercing eyes and only received a smirk in return.

.

.

.

.

“What an unreasonable boyfriend” The devil commented to himself. He looked at the sleeping beauty on a small white hospital bed. This human was indeed beautiful even when he slept.

“Should I try stealing you away from him?” His hand touched on the other cheek tenderly, meeting and knowing this boy made him felt something in his heart. Something that did not happen when he was with others…maybe what Ren said was true. He cared for Jeonghan…too much.

 

 

 

 

 

***********************************************************************************

I finally updated this chapter, sorry it is a bit short TT I have been busy with my work :(

Anyway, Joshua came to rescue...of course! hehehe 

He is such a kind devil (only to Jeonghan probably) ^^

Thank you for reading and supporting this fic. It really makes me happy!