Until Love Happened

Until Love Happened

Chapter 7

 

Once Soccer practice ended that day, Junsu hitched a ride with Yunho. Yuri had Taeyeon over at her house since Hyukjun was out with his girlfriend Haneul that night.

 

Yawning, Yuri stretch herself over her sofa.

 

"Are you sure you don't want me to cook?" Taeyeon asked, for the billionth time.

 

"I'm sure Tae. My friend is coming over and he said he was goi..." As if right on time, Yuri's cell rang. Looking at the number, she grinned.

 

"Hey."

 

On Yunho's end, he just dialed Yuri number, it being a big risk since Junsu was in the car, "Hi princess."

 

Hearing Yunho calling who the name 'Princess', Junsu's head whipped in his direction quickly.

 

'Now, I'm more curious to find out who she is. Injured fingers? How many girls had injured fingers in our grade today?' Junsu thought, but only one name screamed in his head but he was trying to ignore it.

 

"When are you coming?" Yuri asked him.

 

"Soon, I'm dropping Junsu off right now."

 

"Tae's over at my place right now."

 

"Really? Tell her I said hi."

 

"Hi!" Taeyeon screamed into the phone. Yunho laughed, "Funny. Anyway, I will be there in half an hour."

 

"Alright. I will get Tae out by then."

 

"Hey!" Taeyeon screamed.

 

"You guys are riots. Anyway, later princess."

 

"Bye!" Yuri squealed, as she hung up.

 

"So, was that your friend?" Taeyeon asked Yuri.

 

"Of course. Who else would it be? Now Tae, I need you to leave in a safe procedure so I can get the stupid house ready for him."

 

"Now I'm starting to think like Su Oppa." Taeyeon muttered.

 

"Ew!" Yuri shrieked.

 

"What do you expect me to think with the way you phrased that sentences Yul?"

 

"You need to cut back on your Su dosage. Anyway, why don't you go out with the poor guy? He's been after you since day one."

 

Taeyeon blushed, "He's a ert."

 

"A ert that makes you blush, my dear." Yuri pointed out.

 

"Damn you! Anyway, your mom isn't home and neither is Hyukjun so don't do anything I wouldn't do." "You mean, don't do anything Su Oppa would do." Yuri said, winking.

 

Taeyeon laughed as she got up, hugged Yuri and left.

 

Just as Taeyeon left, Yuri went to get herself a glass of water, her fingers wrapped in up bandages.

 

'At least Yunho Oppa apologized.' She thought to herself.

 

Sitting back down on the sofa, Yuri flicked on the radio, using her remote. Just then, the song, 'I'm your angel' by Yuri and Yunho came on.

 

"What are we? The nation top singers?" Yuri muttered to herself, as she heard her voice come on. She then heard walking on the top floor and knew that it was Yunho right away. He usually climbed the tree at the back of their house and walked into her bedroom.

 

"Hey Yunnie Oppa!" She yelled, as he walked down the stairs.

 

"Hi princess." He said, grinning as he lightly brushed his lips over hers. Yuri had to pray to the gods she wasn't blushing like a ladybug.

 

"What's for dinner?" Yuri asked, grinning.

 

"Beef and radish soup." Yunho said, smirking as he walked into the kitchen with Yuri hot on his trail.

 

"Wow, sounds yummy. You should be the next cook at your place, not Hoonie."

 

Yunho laughed.

 

As Yunho started cutting up the beef brisket, Yuri sat at the dining table, watching his every move.

 

"That smells awfully good." She said, grinning.

 

"Thanks."

 

Finally, after half an hour of cutting the beef brisket and onions, washing the Korean radish, the food was on the stove cooking as Yunho and Yuri sat down on the sofa for some alone time.

 

"So, what are we going to do about our sleeping beauty performance?" Yunho asked.

 

"We have everything planned out and as far as memorizing the lines go, Yunnie Oppa, we are singers, we memorize our lyrics all the time. Some two or three lines for a class play isn't a big deal."

 

Yunho nodded, "And the kiss?"

 

Yuri sighed as her shoulders slumped, "I'm not to sure."

 

"We could just call it another friendly kiss?" Yunho suggested.

 

Yuri shrugged, "That could work, you know, but I was thinking, it's a musical theater course, right? Singing is a big issue along with acting so if we need to sing at any point..." Yuri trailed off.

 

Yunho's eyes widened, "They will recognize your voice."

 

Yuri nodded, "Yeah."

 

"You could try to sing differently."

 

"That could work, only if I haven't used every single damn pitch of my voice for our U KNOW Y CD!"

 

"What do you mean?"

 

"I did high pitch, low pitch, regular, squeak, everything you can imagine."

 

Yunho sighed, "I guess you are right but we will worry about that later."

 

Yuri nodded, knowing what that meant.

 

"Dinner time."

 

Yunho served up two bowls of soup as Yuri ate tenderly with her injured hand. Yunho saw the faint purple blotches and winced.

 

"I'm sorry. It was my fault that you got hurt." He said.

 

"Not really. Tae was the one who slammed the locker on my fingers." Yuri said, smiling.

 

"But you were mad at me for being mad at you."

 

Yuri shrugged, "It will heal."

 

Yunho still looked worried as they continued to eat.

 

Once they finished eating, they decided to go to bed early since tomorrow, they had to go to school early to practice for their sleeping beauty performance.

 

Yuri yawned as she sat in bed, waiting for Yunho to come out of the bathroom. Hyukjun had came home already and had greeted Yunho before going to bed. Since Yuri and Yunho grew up together, they got used to sleeping in the same bed if either were to sleepover.

 

Once Yunho came into her room after using the bathroom, Yuri started to laid down while he got settle in beside her . Wrapping an arm around her waist, he kissed her cheek.

 

"Good night princess."

 

"Night Yunnie Oppa."

 

As Yuri slept, she started to dream that she was in a fairy tale. The same fairy tale she was going to present to the class. sleeping beauty. However, this tale was dark and treacherous. It was twisted and unholy. It was sleeping dead.

 

Since Princess Yuri like using bows and arrows, she was presented with one on her sixteenth birthday. However, a curse bestowed upon her was long forgotten after her father, King Haejin had died.

 

"Yuri." Her little brother, Prince Hyukjun, said.

 

"Yes?"

 

"Ae has a gift for your sixteenth birthday." Hyukjun said, as Ae stepped out from the bushes.

 

Ae was Yuri's trainer, "Great job Yuri." Hyukjun said, smiling as he watch Yuri released the new arrow and bow she got for her birthday, hitting a tree.

 

"Thanks Hyukjun."

 

Yuri walked over to get the arrow back and once she got it out of the tree truck, she started to walked back but accidently tripped over a root and fell down, pricking her finger.

 

"Yuri!" Hyukjun screamed.

 

Yuri then saw herself sleep in silk sheets as her mother, Yura, brother Hyukjun and her trainer Ae wept for her, "Yuri." Hyukjun cried, as he shook her.

 

Yura held his hand, "Leave it Hyukjun. How we could have forgotten this curse, I do not know but I remember that the witch said that a true lovers kiss shall awaken her."

 

Instantly, Ae ordered all of the Kingdom's men to come and kiss Yuri. Yuri saw Jonghyun, Kyungseok, Manseok, Changmin, Jaejoong, Hyunki, Hyunshik and lots of others kiss her but still, she didn't awake.

 

Hundreds of years passed by and her family died off one by one. Rose vines covered the castle as a fairy named Taeyeon watched over her sleeping body.

 

Finally, after five hundred years passed, a young prince from a foreign land happened to cross by the castle Yuri slept in.

 

"My grandfather, Mansoo, has told me about this." He muttered to himself.

 

Taeyeon, Yuri's guardian fairy flew in front of him.

 

"Who are you?" She asked.

 

"Jung Yunho from the Eastern Lands." He replied, his sword at the battle position.

 

Taeyeon nodded as she pointed to the vines.

 

"Many have entered, none have crossed and none have returned. If you can make it through to Princess Yuri and awakened her, you are truly her loved one but I fear I must warn you. An evil resides in this forest for the past five hundred years by the named Onew. I bid you farewell." And with that, Taeyeon flew away.

 

Yunho pulled out his sword as he used attacks upon attacks to cut the vines, however, halfway through the vines as it started to clear, he noticed a black castle in the horizon. Yunho mounted his horse who had been following him the entire time.

 

"Who goes?!" Came a booming voice.

 

"Yunho! Who are you?!" He growled.

 

"Onew." He said, smirking as he appeared out of nowhere.

 

"What do you want from me?" Yunho asked, as he dismounted his horse with his sword pulled out.

 

"Your life!" Onew hissed, as he and Yunho started to fight. With a sneaky idea forming in his head, Onew fake his death, hoping to catch Yunho off guard. Thinking that he had won, Yunho started to head towards the castle but with one step, his eyes went dull before his head rolled away.

 

Onew then took the formed of Yunho's appearance as he waltzed into the castle. Taeyeon appeared in front of him and tried her very best to stop him but it was futile.

 

After killing Taeyeon, he went towards the tower room where Yuri was sleeping.

 

"You have been waiting five hundred years to find your loved one and now that I have taken his form."

 

Onew leaned forward and kissed Yuri, awakening her.

 

Seeing that her eyes were fully opened, Onew change back to his real form. Yuri screamed as she pushed herself up against the headboard as Onew pinned her against it.

 

"Good morning, sleeping beauty!" He growled.

 

"Who are you?!" Yuri screamed, as Onew pressed forward, his hot breath splashing against her face.

 

"Onew, and I have come."

 

He brought his right hand up which was holding his bloody sword in front of her, "To kill you." And with that, he used it to sliced off Yuri's head.

 

Onew laughed as he left the castle.

 

"The sleeping beauty is now the sleeping dead!" He roared.

 

Yuri woke up panting; sweat dripping off her face as she recalled her dream moments ago. Yunho woke up from the movement to see Yuri sitting up with her knees pressed against her chest.

 

"Princess?" He said, his panic rising as he sat up and wrapped an arm around Yuri's shoulder.

 

Yuri turned to face him and dug her face into his chest as she clung onto him while crying her eyes out.

 

"Princess, what happened?" He asked worriedly.

 

"I dreamt that Onew killed us." She cried, cutting out the entire sleeping beauty theme of it.

 

Yunho cracked his knuckles, "You dreamt that, eh?"

 

"Yunho Oppa, I was so scared. He was kissing me in your body and then transformed into himself and took off my head."

 

That caused Yunho's blood to boil even further, "Kissing you in my body?"

 

Yuri whimpered as she clung onto him even tighter. Wrapping his arms around her tightly, Yunho glanced at the clock and saw that it was five in the morning.

 

"Come on, let's go get something to drink while you tell me everything ok?"

 

Yuri nodded as they both went downstairs, holding hands.

 

After finishing the warm milk Yunho prepared for them, Yuri started to tell Yunho her dream. Yunho nodded and swore a few times throughout but he was a very good listener.

 

"And he killed me, you and Taeyeon?"

 

Yuri nodded.

 

Yunho put the cups in the sink and went back to hug Yuri, hoping to tell her nothing was going to happened to him or her, "Shhh. It will be alright." He murmured, as he felt her shoulders shake, proving she was crying again.

 

"He won't get you Yul, not while I'm around." He added, as he led her to the sofa. Picking her up bridal style, he walked into the living room and sat down with Yuri sitting on his lap. A few minutes later, she fell asleep.

 

Mrs. Kwon, having heard some noises, came down to check it out and saw Yuri and Yunho on the sofa.

 

"Yunho?" She whispered.

 

"Auntie Kwon."

 

"What happened?"

 

"Yul just had a bad dream and we came down to get some warm milk."

 

Mrs. Kwon nodded, "You want me to take her up for you?"

 

Yunho shook his head, "No, I can handle this by myself, you just go back to bed."

 

Mrs. Kwon smiled as she left back to bed. Standing up, Yunho carried Yuri back up to her bedroom quietly, not wanting to wake her up. Once he got to her bed, he lay her down gently and got in after her. He kissed her softly on her forehead before laying down.

 

'What the is wrong with me?! What am I feeling for Yul? I can't feel these things for my best friend. That's just not right. Besides, I'm dating Boa.' Yunho thought, as he continued to looked at Yuri's sleeping figure.

 

A/N: I apologize for the 'Dream' Yuri had. My sister wanted me to let her write the dream part so I gave it to her and once I saw her laughing like an idiot, I knew she was going to mess it up and when I got to read it, it was stupid and childish -_- so I'm sorry on behalf of my childish younger sister.