Until Love Happened

Until Love Happened

Chapter 12

 

Finally, it was Monday again, and sadly, it was school. Yuri yawned as she got up and changed into her school uniform. She knew that she wouldn't see Yunho today because he and Boa have the winter festival to prepare for. It was their final year in high school and as every year, Yunho and Boa were king and queen of the winter festival. Every year near Christmas, the school holds a winter festival. People can sign up to go skiing or skating or go on an overnight camping trip on a ski resort. This year, Yuri, Taeyeon and Junsu decided to go on the camping trip. Boa and Yunho usually do something together on the Christmas dance and they start preparing before Christmas.

 

Yuri hopped down the stairs to find Hyukjun eating breakfast.

 

"Morning Hyukjun." Yuri greeted.

 

"Yeah, yeah." Hyukjun mumbled.

 

"What's wrong?" Yuri asked.

 

"Are we and Boa related?" Hyukjun asked.

 

Yuri coughed, "No. Where did you get that stupid idea?"

 

"Our last name."

 

Yuri giggled, "Oh, silly. Just because we have the same last name doesn't mean were cousin. Look at Tae and Junsu, they have the same last name and aren't related."

 

Hyukjun sighed, "Thank god."

 

"Stupid little twerp." Yuri said, and ruffled his hair as she started her breakfast. Mrs. Kwon was already at work so Yuri had to pack their lunches.

 

After a few minutes, Hyukjun heard a honking noise from outside and rushed out. Yuri came out a few seconds later, locked the door and ran to meet Junsu and Taeyeon.

 

"Hey Yuri. How was your birthday?" Junsu asked.

 

"It was cool. My grandmother gave me cookies." Yuri lied, not wanting to make something authentic at the moment.

 

"Cookies?" Junsu asked, raising a brow.

 

"Cookies as a treat. She got some wicked new things from Goyang thanks to my grandmother." Hyukjun fibbed. He didn't want Junsu and Taeyeon to catch onto the princess gig.

 

Junsu stared into Yuri's eyes and Taeyeon noticed. She turned to looked into Yuri's eyes and found that her eyes match Yunho's princess's eyes, one hundred percent.

 

"Uh...yeah, you two are freaking me out now." Yuri said, as she inched closer to her brother.

 

"Just seeing that your eyes match Yunho Oppa's princess's eyes. You do know we danced with her, right?" Taeyeon asked.

 

"Yeah, I saw you guys on tv." Yuri sighed.

 

"Are you sure?" Junsu asked.

 

"Yes, she's sure! Now drive!" Hyukjun roared, hating all this confrontation about princess.

 

Yuri sent a look of gratitude to her brother as he smiled at her. This arouses more suspicion on Junsu and Taeyeon's end.

 

They finally arrived at school as Yuri got out of the car, yawning.

 

"You guys have spare first while I have musical theater." Yuri said.

 

"Musi...Yuri, I have never heard you sing before." Junsu said.

 

"That's because I can't. I prefer dancing and acting." Yuri lied.

 

'I hate lying but I have to.' Yuri thought sadly.

 

As they entered the school gate, Junsu and Taeyeon decidced to escorted Yuri to her first period class.

 

"I feel so royal." Yuri giggled.

 

"That you are princess." Junsu said. Yuri stopped breathing as she looked at Junsu, "Excuse me?"

 

Junsu shrugged, "If Yunho could have a princess, can I?"

 

"That's why you have Tae." Yuri muttered, before entering her class. Taeyeon turned to looked at Junsu who frowned. She shrugged before they left.

 

Seeing that Yunho still wasn't there, Yuri took her usual seat, thinking about Taeyeon and Junsu worriedly.

 

'I think they are catching on.' She thought.

 

Just then, Yunho walked in looking as cocky as ever.

 

"Hey Jung! Wicked show on Saturday! Your princess looked hot!" Changmin screamed.

 

Yunho winked at Yuri who turned her head, still thinking about Junsu and Taeyeon.

 

'They can't. I have kept it hidden for the past years. They can't figure it out.' She thought.

 

Yunho sat down beside Yuri and smiled, "What's wrong?" He whispered, as the teacher walked in.

 

"I think Junsu and Tae are catching on."

 

Yunho frowned, "What?"

 

"I will tell you on the phone later." Yuri said, as the morning announcements came on.

 

"Good morning SM High. We have a few announcements this morning. First of all, all the receipts for your payments for our ski resort trip are here. Please pick them up from the guidance office. Secondly, in a couple of weeks is our winter festival and the ski resort trip. We will be picking winter king and queen on the day of our Christmas dance. The nominations will be based on, the dresses of the female and for you ladies, your obsession with the boys, Mr. Jung."

 

Everybody sniggered as they turned to looked at Yunho.

 

"On another note, we have Christmas carol this year. Anybody can be nominated with a carol and they must sing it on Christmas dance day. We have open spots for three nominations. They will be announced a week before the dance starts. Ballots are available in the musical theater room. Write down the full name of the student, homeroom and the carol they should sing. We will draw three and announce them. Thank you and have a great day."

 

"I'm nominating Yun Oppa!" Jessica called out. Everybody burst out laughing as Mrs. Ahn tried to quiet them down.

 

"Shall we?" Junsu asked, grinning after hearing the annoucement.

 

"We shall." Taeyeon laughed as they ran towards musical theater class.

 

"Alright class. Now, we are going to be singing. Girls on right, boys on le..." Mrs. Ahn said, however, was cut off when Junsu and Taeyeon came knocking on the door.

 

"Yes?" Mrs. Ahn said.

 

"We would like to fill in ballots." Junsu said.

 

Mrs. Ahn grinned, "Why certainly."

 

"I nominate Yunho Oppa." Taeyeon said, filling in a little card. She then grinned, "Singing deck the halls."

 

"Oh, great Taeyeon." Yunho called.

 

"I nominate." Junsu pretend to think.

 

"Yuri for jingle bells." Junsu smirked as he wrote down his nomination on the card.

 

"Kim, you die tonight!" Yuri growled.

 

"I love you too, Yuri." Junsu winked before running out.

 

"Die Kim!" Yuri roared, using Junsu's last name.

 

"Uh...Yul, calm down." Tiffany said.

 

"It's just singing." Jessica said.

 

"Bad history with singing!" Yuri roared.

 

"Yuri, calm down please." Mrs. Ahn said.

 

"Fine." Yuri muttered.

 

For the rest of the period, Yuri had been fuming. Yunho was even scared that he didn't dare to say anything to her, not wanting to face her warth.

 

When the bell rang, signaling Yuri's spare and lunch, she walked out, hoping to pummel Junsu into the ground when it was their math class but met up Jinsook and Jooeun.

 

"Hi guys." She smiled, running up to them.

 

"Hey Yuri." Jinsook greeted.

 

"So, what's new?" Yuri asked, as they started walking.

 

"You look really y on your stage show Yuri." Jooeun smiled.

 

"Thanks guys." Yuri smiled. Just then, Sangmi, Yunho's cousin and a member of the archery team ran in her direction.

 

"Hey Sangmi." Yuri greeted.

 

"Yunho Oppa wants to talk to you." Sangmi said. She grinned and greeted Jinsook and Jooeun.

 

"Why? Can't he call me? To preoccupied with Boa, is he?" Yuri asked.

 

"Boa is going crazy on this winter queen thing. I think she's charging Oppa's platinum card to buy the dress." Sangmi frowned.

 

"Ouch. I hope he doesn't go bankrupt." Jinsook grinned.

 

"Jahoon Oppa would kill him." Yuri smirked.

 

"He had probably do more then that." Jooeun giggled.

 

"I should go call him." Yuri said, as she waved goodbye. She walked to children's grand park and sat on the swing as she speed dialed Yunho.

 

"Hey princess." He said sweetly.

 

"The sky." Yuri said cheekily.

 

"Very funny. Sangmi said that you said that I was too preoccupied with..."

 

"I did in fact. After our show, you have only been talking with her."

 

"Was it not I who talked to you in class today?"

 

"That's because we go to class together."

 

"Ok."

 

"What is it that you wanted to talk to me about?" Yuri asked.

 

"You see, I got this dress for Boa and well..."

 

"Fine. I will try the dress on for you." Yuri sighed.

 

"Thanks." Yunho said, sighing thankfully as he hung up.

 

'That's it? You haven't really talked to me and you finally call me up asking if I could 'Model' Boa's dress for you?' Yuri thought sadly, before she got up and started walking back to school when she felt a hand wrap around before pulling her into the bushes.

 

Yuri's eyes widened as she started struggling. Once the hand was gone, Yuri let out such a deafening scream that the man thought his ear would be ringing.

 

"Shut up!" He growled.

 

Yuri turned around and her eyes widened, "Onew Oppa."