Part III

Matched
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jinki woke up, a sudden sense of uneasiness taking over him. He sat up groggily, blinking rapidly to clear his vision. His heart picked up pace when he saw Jonghyun laying down in front of him.

“Jonghyun! Jonghyun wake up!” Jinki exclaimed as he shook Jonghyun awake.

 

“Wha-” Jonghyun blinked his eyes open, his eyes widening when he saw Jinki peering down at him. “Oh my god!” he squeaked happily.

 

“Yes!” Jinki exclaimed too as he pulled Jonghyun up.

 

“Yes yes yes!” Jonghyun chanted happily. “I’m back!” he exclaimed pulling Jinki into his embrace.

 

“Yes we are back!” Jinki proclaimed happily, spinning around Jonghyun in his arms. The smell of burning meat had them pull apart abruptly. “!” and Jinki ran to the kitchen.

 

“We can’t salvage it?” Jonghyun asked as he saw Jinki trash the burnt meat.

 

“Nope. Why don’t we order take out? As a celebration?” Jinki grinned at him. “And I have enough beer to complete the celebration too.”

 

Jonghyun chuckled at Jinki’s suggestion. “Let’s do that.” and he followed Jinki back into the living room. He slumped down on the small sofa, his arms wrapped around himself, “Ah I missed myself.” he sighed contentedly.

 

Jinki rolled his eyes as he placed the order.

 

While they waited for the delivery to arrive Jinki went through the documents, signing at the places marked by his secretary. He found himself nodding or otherwise softly humming along to the tunes Jonghyun strummed out on his guitar which they had brought along with them from the practise room. Seeing Jonghyun’s form in front of him rather than the mirror made him see Jonghyun in different light, made his heart feel varied emotions. Yes, there was no doubt that the man was endearing and adorable in every way, he had experienced his quirks and charms all through the day. There was something about him that made Jinki occasionally pause from his reading as his mind wandered to the man in front of him, his thoughts about the other man arousing questions in him.

 

“I’ll get it.” Jonghyun said when they heard the bell ring. He soon walked in with a large bag containing all their orders. “It smells so good,” Jonghyun sighed as he placed the containers one by one on the coffee table after Jinki had cleared it off his papers.

 

“They are the best.” Jinki said as he offered Jonghyun a plate and chopsticks.

 

They dug in, toasting to their coming back to their own bodies, deciding on answering questions about the other’s life.

 

“Only one?” Jinki asked when Jonghyun refused the second can of beer.

 

“I’ve got practise tomorrow, don’t wanna wake up with a hangover.” Jonghyun said as he watched Jinki open up his third can of beer. “You know..” Jonghyun began.

 

“Hm?” Jinki hummed looking at Jonghyun.

 

“You’re like an onion.” Jonghyun commented. “The more you peel, the more you unravel.”

 

Jinki chuckled at Jonghyun’s reference. “I could say the same about you too. Who would have thought you graduated the music university with the top marks? And have surprising talent when it comes to writing lyrics and composing?” Jinki felt his lips involuntarily turn up in a smile when Jonghyun blushed. He was right, Jonghyun blushed easily and looked rather adorable with his rosy ears and cheeks.

 

“That’s there, but who would have thought that you set up a company just for revenge? To get back at your father ‘cause he disowned you when you came out to him? And who would have thought that you adored bunnies so much that you bought eight of them just on a whim?” Jonghyun chuckled. “I mean I like dogs too, but I just have one!” Jonghyun exclaimed.

 

“I was drunk okay. I lost all sense after 15 bottles of soju.” Jinki grumbled.

 

“Where are the bunnies now?” Jonghyun inquired, the grin on his face failing to fade.

 

“At my farm.” Jinki mumbled.

 

“You kept them?” Jonghyun proclaimed loudly.

 

“Yes, how could I give them away! Hey stop it!” Jinki said trying to place a good kick on Jonghyun who had cracked up again.

 

“Oh man, you’re so adorable Jinki. Adorable just like the bunnies I bet.”

 

“Go to bed already.” Jinki groaned as he cleared the table of the empty cans and pushed Jonghyun in the direction of the spare bedroom.

 

-

 

“Jinki?” Jinki turned towards the door where Jonghyun stood. “Can I sleep with you?” Jonghyun asked. “The room’s too big for me and makes me feel lonely.”

 

Even though it was dark Jinki knew Jonghyun had a pout on his face, blinking up at him with those pretty eyes of his. “Yeah sure.” and he scooted towards one side of the bed.

 

“Thank you.” Jonghyun said softly as he slid in beside Jinki.

-
 

In the morning Jinki woke up to Jonghyun snuggled into him, which made his heart skip a beat at their intimacy. He lay still, not wanting to wake Jonghyun up, his mind raced just like his heart as all his senses got overwhelmed with Jonghyun. Jonghyun felt warm against him, his scent unexpectedly pleasing Jinki. Jinki heard his alarm ring, he shifted trying to reach his phone.

 

“You have such an annoying alarm.” Jinki felt Jonghyun mumble against his chest.

 

“But it does it’s work effectively, doesn’t it?” Jinki said as he turned off the alarm. He felt Jonghyun snuggle even closer to him at that. Jinki’s heart fluttered insistently against his chest, sweat forming at his nape. “Jonghyun?” he tried again.

 

Jonghyun immediately pulled apart when he realised their intimacy. Jinki felt a sharp pain in his chest when he saw Jonghyun fall of the bed, the last thought on his mind as everything blackened for him was about the possibility of him having an heart attack.

 

-

 

When Jinki came to his senses, he found himself on the floor. He groaned in misery, feeling messy silver strands over his eyes.

 

Damn. They had switched again.

 

“Why did we switch?” he heard Jonghyun ask. He looked to the bed from where Jonghyun (he) was peering down on him.

 

“I have no clue,” Jinki groaned as he got up from the floor. “This means we have to stick to our plan that we had made yesterday. And that means you have about two hours to teach me the setlist.”

 

“Damn.” Jonghyun wailed as he slumped down in bed.

 

After an intense practise session Jonghyun let Jinki go to get dressed when he had deemed Jinki passable. He waited with bated breath for Jinki to appear after his bath. He let out a sigh in relief when Jinki came out dressed completely normal.

 

“You should get ready too.” Jinki insisted. “Otherwise you’re going to be late.”

 

Jonghyun hurried off to the bathroom as Jinki began preparing their breakfast.

 

-

 

“Why are you dressed like that? I’m the CEO I can’t go around dressed like that!” Jinki exclaimed.

 

“Whats wrong with them?” Jonghyun gestured to the blue skinnies he had worn when in Jinki’s body which he paired with a plain white polo shirt. “I’m not gonna suit up in this summer. Nah-ah.” he said as he took a buttered toast from the plate.

 

Jinki bit back his words, at least this was better than what Jonghyun had had him dressed up the previous night. “Okay fine.” he hissed. He passed him the car keys, “Drop me off and then go into work. Don’t park, leave it for the valet.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter