Part II

Matched
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jinki and Jonghyun were now seated at a bench in a vacant part of a nearby park, sighing repeatedly.

 

“So we are soulmates?” Jonghyun asked, resting back, “Wow.”

 

“Do you really believe her?” Jinki asked incredulously.

 

“Well...you are me and I am you, I’ll believe anything now.”

 

Jinki sighed, “Point. Let’s try to get back on our own at least.” he got up, signalling Jonghyun to get up as well, “Let’s collide into each other. On the count of three, okay?”

 

Jonghyun nodded, getting up.


 

“One...two...three.” and both of them ran towards the other, bumping into each other and falling down, groaning in pain.

 

“Doesn’t work.” Jonghyun grumbled as he rubbed Jinki’s  his forehead.

 

“Okay, then just close your eyes and pray. Pray hard, okay?”

 

A minute passed and Jonghyun sighed, laying down on the grass, “Not working.”

 

They tried all kinds of things, they even talked the waitress into giving them that special sake, which they drank, but nothing, absolutely nothing happened. They were back at the park, standing a feet apart on the grass, sighing dejectedly.

 

“I’ve ran out of ideas,” Jinki sighed as he dragged his fingers through his hair.

 

“Hey don’t spoil my hair!” Jonghyun exclaimed. “You don’t know the pain I have to go through to get that perfect look!”

 

Jinki rolled his eyes, they had even more important things to think about.

 

Jonghyun pondered a while, “Well, how about we kiss? You know all those fairytales and movies...a kiss solves everything!”

 

Jinki seemed convinced but then it all disappeared, “You do realise that it will be like kissing your own self? Gosh, how freaky.”

 

“Yeah.” Jonghyun anyway stepped forward, realizing Jinki to be looking away before aiming and closing his eyes tightly and landing a peck on Jinki (his own) lips. He pulled away, opening his eyes, and still finding himself trapped in Jinki’s body, “Didn’t work.”

 

Jinki was frozen and Jonghyun clicked his fingers (or tried to, those stubby fingers just didn’t make the slightest sound), “I tried out all your ideas, don’t make a fuss. It’s like kissing the mirror anyway, nothing disgusting.”

 

Jinki sighed in defeat, “Whatever.”

 

“So this is how it feels,” Jonghyun spoke up as drew closer to Jinki again, “When they all look down on me.”

 

“What?” Jinki asked bewildered.

 

“All my friends are taller than me you see,” Jonghyun explained. He watched himself a while, seeing himself in new light. He looked different, quite adorable rather than handsome (and he suppressed the thought that handsome was more of Jinki’s domain). He drew closer in interest, peering over himself, running fingers over his  Jinki’s face.

 

Jinki shook his head, prying off Jonghyun’s fingers over his face. “We can’t go on like this.” Jinki stated, “I’ve got an important meeting to attend today!” and true to his words he heard his phone go off.

 

Jonghyun fished out the phone from his pocket and Jinki immediately grabbed it. It was Minho.

 

“Hello?” he answered.

 

“Who is this?” Minho asked.

 

Jinki’s heart sank, he had forgotten his condition. He immediately handed the phone to Jonghyun, who looked at him stupidly. “You are me now, okay?”

 

“What am I supposed to do?” he asked eyeing the phone in hand.

 

“Talk to him.” Jinki hissed.

 

Jonghyun cleared his throat that had suddenly clogged up due to nerves. “Hello?”

 

“Who was that Jinki?” Minho asked.

 

“N-no one.” Jonghyun bit on his lower lip.

 

“Where are you?” Minho inquired. “You do remember we have a meeting with the board of directors today don’t you?”

 

Jonghyun pulled the phone away from his ear and covered it with his hand. “He’s talking about some meeting.”

 

Jinki cursed under his breath. “Tell him I’m not well and I can’t make it, tell him he has to deal with the directors by himself.”

 

Jonghyun nodded. “Jinki says-” he gasped when Jinki hit him, his glare making Jonghyun realize of his blunder. “I don’t think I can make it today, Minho.”

 

“Why? Is everything alright?”

 

“The fish we had yesterday, I can feel it swim in my stomach.” Jonghyun hissed when Jinki kicked him.

 

“What?” Minho asked exasperated. “Is everything really alright Jinki?”

 

“I’m sick and I can’t make it to the meeting, you have to deal with them. Bye.” and Jonghyun ended the call.

 

“I can feel it swim in my stomach!? Couldn’t you come up with something better!”

 

“I couldn’t help it! Your friend sounds so intimidating!” Jonghyun exclaimed as he rubbed the sore spot on his arm where Jinki had hit him again.

 

“I can’t go on like this!” Jinki exclaimed, lifting his hands up in defence.

 

“Even I can’t go on like this!” Jonghyun exclaimed. “I’ve got to prepare for a performance that’s day after tomorrow and it has to be perfect, our career depends on it!”

 

“Performance?”

 

“I’m a guitarist in a band, Sunny Day Heroes.” Jonghyun informed proudly.

 

Jinki sighed, they soon had to find a way out of this...mess. He flinched when he felt Jonghyun’s phone vibrate in his back pocket. He pulled it out, squinting at the letter on the display, God, Jonghyun had such a bad sight.

 

“Who’s Kibum?” he asked finally when he could make head and tail of the letters.

 

“He’s our bassist and sort of a manager/cordi too. Give me the phone.” and he was about to grab the phone from Jinki’s hand.

 

Jinki moved back, “You did see your face in the morning, didn’t you?”

 

Jonghyun pouted, “Okay fine.”

 

Jinki cringed at the expression he saw on his  Jonghyun’s face. He took in a deep breath as he picked up the call. “Hello?”

 

“Where the are you?” Kibum hissed. “Do you know what’s the time?”

 

“Um it’s somewhere around 11?” Jinki tried.

 

“Are you crazy? Have you lost it? We’ve been waiting for you since past two hours.” Kibum’s tone was angry and nothing after that made sense except for the string of curse words Jinki could grasp. “Sorry?”

 

“Get your sorry to the practise room right now otherwise you wouldn’t even have the little of that you have left.”

 

“He wants you to come in for practise.” Jinki informed Jonghyun as he handed him back the phone after hanging up.

 

“What am I going to do!?” Jonghyun wailed in distress.

 

“He said if you don’t make it…” He felt himself strangely flustered, his words reminding of the curves he had seen in the mirror, “You wouldn’t even have the little of the that you have left.”

 

“God damn that Kibum.” Jonghyun muttered. “Let’s go.”

 

“Where?”

 

“To my place, to get you ready for practise.”

 

“What?”

 

But Jinki never got an answer for that because Jonghyun had begun to drag him out, only stopping when Jinki said he brought his car. Jinki drove them to Jonghyun’s house then, finding himself voluntarily silent under Jonghyun (his, actually, but those eyes seemed different with Jonghyun’s consciousness controlling them), sighing in defeat and deciding that it was better to just play along.

 

---

 

“Jinki my keys.” Jonghyun extended his hand.

 

Jinki dug into the tight pocket, “How do you even breath in them?” Jinki muttered as he pulled out the keys with difficulty.

 

Jonghyun rolled his eyes as he accepted the keys. He led them both inside the apartment, grabbing a bottle of cold water on the way to his bedroom.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter