Is This Love?

"Those" Cringeworthy Words

Some people never believe in destiny, some won't believe that it exist and some is constantly convinsing theirselves that it will only be true and legit if that so-called-destiny happens in their not so special life. It just a lame excuse from people that don't have any love life at all according to most of non-believer of destiny; believing that they are only waiting for that special someone and that someone exist waiting for them also. That destiny is a cringeworthy for some, the corniest word created by man kind according to that some people. 

 
 
 
Park Chanyeol is one of the example of that "some" or should I say best example of that non-believer. He never been in love although he had lots of relationships. He defines relationship as someone you accompanied only and that feeling you felt inside you was only a pure lust—according to him. What is love without lust? That was the famous line from him with a smirk on his lips.
 
 
 
Although he isn't a believer, Park Chanyeol is sweet and romantic because he watched it in a mainstream love story movies. Adding his good looks many are craving to be his. He isn't a player actually he had lots of serious relationship (it was depend on his outlook of what is serious) although he had lots of flings too. Some last longer but many of them last only for days. He ain't sure if his looking for something or he wasn't just serious or not contented.
 
 
 
According to his friends, Chanyeol is nice. He's kind and loyal to his friends. He's one of that people you'll look for it when having a get together or parties. He brings positivity. Everything about him is good except his thoughts about Love. When talking about love he'll just make face and mouthing the word 'whatever'. It was like you are telling him the most disgusting word in the whole wide universe. It was obvious in his face that he can't deal with the topic.
 
 
 
No one never knows why Chanyeol is acting weird in terms of love and destiny or whatever  that cringeworthy word. No one knows if it was based on experience or it was more on theoretical. He never tell anyone about the reason but Jongin and Sehun have an idea but Chanyeol never admits it.
 
 
 
Park Chanyeol is the biggest anti of love. If Chanyeol isn't busy maybe his going to create a group that support anti-love coalition.
 
 
 
Lust only matters... What is love?—is it food?
 
 
 
***
 
 
 
Good morning Pheonix!
 
 
 
Chanyeol smiles after reading the message from his co-player at his favorite online game. It was became a hobbit from his friend on a cyber world to talk to him. Chanyeol used to it and made him happy to talk to that player. They have lots of common traits according to Chanyeol based on what they talked about throught cyber messages. In his thoughts, the guy gets his humor, every topic is interesting in both sides he guessed and he just happy talking to the guy.
 
 
 
Jongin and Sehun look at each other after seeing Chanyeol's lips turn into a moon shape and those eyes that obviously smiling. Both smile to each other and conveying a hidden message that both of them get it without saying it. After several years of being in one home their brains are connected as . 
 
 
 
Chanyeol slowly changes his brow and raise it, "What?" he asks the two with an annoying tone. He waits for an answer.
 
 
 
Sehun immediately looks at his phone and acting like nothing happened and Jongin gazes Chanyeol with a weird face that obviously playing and messing around, only to make Chanyeol mad.
 
 
 
"What!?" Chanyeol repeats himself with a mad tone.
 
 
 
"Nothing" Jongin says then after that he laughs and Sehun laughs too. Obviously both are thinking of same thing; Chanyeol isn't dumb to not notice those things.
 
 
 
Chanyeol both kicks the two outside of his bed, "I'm asking you! You're both annoying!" Chanyeol is lying on his bed while Jongin and Sehun are on the lower side of the bed using their phones.
 
 
 
"Who texted you Yeol?" Jongin asks while his smile staying on his lips, "Is it the one?" Again the two laughs while holding their stomach.
 
 
 
"The One" two words that refer to that special someone. Chanyeol hates it. Hate is actually underrated. That is part of Chanyeol's cringeworthy list of words.
 
 
 
Chanyeol rolls his eyes, "the one your face! He is only my friend in a online game, so please".
 
 
 
"Why are you smiling though?" Sehun asks while trying to sound innocent.
 
 
 
"I'm not!" an immediate answer of the taller.
 
 
 
Chanyeol keeps on denying the fact that in a simple text message he smiles. Nothing special with the text message but he doesn't know why he smiled. He was just always excited about this guy he knew on a cyber world.
 
 
 
"Maybe you're in love" Sehun says with enthusiastic voice. He's the one convinsing Chanyeol that it exist unlike Jongin that believes that love is just for lust too.
 
 
 
"Oh my God Se, I told you several times that I was in love too" Chanyeol answers, "I had so many relationship and love isn't new to me". Jongin nods.
 
 
 
Sehun shakes his head, "Believe me Yeol, you're never been in love".
 
 
 
Jongin raises his brow, "What did you know about love? You're !!!" he laughs exaggerately with his own statement. "!" he repeats.
 
 
 
"Remember this day Yeol and Jong, when that special person came in your lives you'll regret that you won't believe in love. You'll come to me and ask me 'why'." Sehun jumps the bed and goes outside of the room after saying such thing but before he closes the door, "You'll regret it!" then he closes the door slowly.
 
 
 
Sehun is one of the biggest fan of true love. Everything about destiny is music to his ears while Jongin is the opposite one. Although he isn't an anti but he don't believe in destiny because he believes that people are responsible about his own destiny.
 
 
 
 
"Is that a curse?" Jongin asks blankly. He rub his arms and look at Chanyeol weirdly, "Creepy..."
 
 
 
"I don't know" Chanyeol responds.
 
 
 
***
 
 
 
Chanyeol named himself as Phoenix on that game he was playing. He met lots of new friends on that game but this certain someone is special. His name is Earthling (obviously in that game too). They became so close after talking about theirselves. Chanyeol find the player interesting in not-so-romantic-way. They were just close.
 
 
 
Chanyeol wears his favorite black leather jacket and his ready to see Earthling. While  wearing his shoes Jongin slowly traces Chanyeol in his eyes. 
 
 
 
"Yeol where's Fan?" a sudden realization that he never see their other friend named Yifan. Sehun nods at the question asking it to himself.
 
 
 
"With his boyfriend?" Chanyeol guesses.
 
 
 
Chanyeol, Yifan, Jongin and Sehun are staying at one apartment. They were friends since they were young. After Chanyeol and Yifan started an engineering firm they bought this apartment near their office. While Jongin and Sehun's university is near too so they decided to stay at one roof.
 
 
 
Chanyeol waves his hand telling his friends that he'll go somewhere. The two just look at each other, a-wow-he's-on-a-date look. Chanyeol just rolls his eyes, it's a beautiful day after all.
 
 
 
He is walking straight when Yifan opens the gate. "You're going to a date Yeol?" the older asks.
 
 
 
"No, I'm just meeting a friend" Chanyeol walks towards the gate, "Where have you been?"
 
 
 
"I've been with my new boyfriend" Yifan smiles.
 
 
 
"Ew" the only reaction Chanyeol gives Yifan, "I'll be late in my appointment" Chanyeol looks at his watch.
 
 
 
Yifan waves his hand trying to shoo Chanyeol, "First date is important go ahead".
 
 
 
"Whatever".
 
 
 
Chanyeol and Yifan are the closest among them four. They have been through a lot. Their parents are both manipulative for being in a high society. Their lives are being manipulate since then so the two decided to make their own lives. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
***
 
 
 
 
Chanyeol hated it when he doesn't bring his car. It was a long trip so he decided to use the bullet train instead but he hated the fact that he left the house when busy hours is on. Gladly he's tall to pull those safety railings. 
 
 
 
He sighs several times. The bullet train gets crowded everytime. Because of the crowd, people keep pushing each other and he ended up holding a brunet guy in front of him. The guy is smaller than him and the guy almost bury his face on Chanyeol's chest. Chanyeol looks down to check the guy but the guy nods down. He accidentally smell the smallers hair. He smells good—a caramel scented shampoo.
 
 
 
"Sorry" the guy mumbles. 
 
 
 
Chanyeol feels weird after hearing the guy talk. It was like hearing a good music—eargasm. He almost slaps his face for thinking that what if the guy moans when he tries to you know (I'm inserting some rated R words here).
 
 
 
Chanyeol is eager to check the smaller's face but it seems like the brunet is trying to evade the taller's eyes. Until they stop on the first station, people start to walk their way. The brunet slowly nods upward and look at the taller.
 
 
 
The brunet smiles genuinely, "Thank you".
 
 
 
Then the brunet walks outside of the bullet train and waves his hand towards Chanyeol. Chanyeol never believed in love, in destiny, in soulmate and in love at first sight. But how can he explain this something moving inside his stomach, these strong heart beats and this time stopping moment. He never felt this weird before. He slowly touches his chest asking himself what happened. Those eyes smiling towards him, the voice of an angel and the caramel scent. Everything about that guy is sweet, a sugar coated human...
 
 
 
...until he realizes that in that same station is his destination, "", he runs outside of the bullet train. After Chanyeol went out he turns his head left and right, checks if the brunet is around. "Where are you?" he mumbles.
 
 
 
While browsing the whole station using his eyes he realizes something. Words are starting to echoed on Chanyeol's mind, Sehun's voice is slowly starting to be crystal clear on his thoughts. "...when that special person came in your lives you'll regret that you won't believe in love. You'll come to me and ask me 'why'..." Chanyeol freezes on the place where he is standing, "...you'll regret it".
 
 
 
Chanyeol bites his lips, "No, imposible" he mumbles, "I'm not in love".
 
 
 
Then, he remembers again how the brunet smiles on him. The sound of his voice echoed again. And the scent is back like it was staying on Chanyeol's nostrils.
 
 
 
Riding on a bullet train is sometimes good. I'm gonna left my car once in a while... Another realization came on Chanyeol's mind. It was like a hammer smash on his mind; a bazooka that explodes in every nerves on his brain; a baloon that pops inhise his central nervous system. 
 
 
 
"Wait, am I in love...? Is this love?"