Chapter 01

Consciously Unconscious

The Dream

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQq0vV24JyHhXwOw5QXrsx

Surrounded by darkness I ran. I had no destination in mind, nor a specific direction to go. I just kept on running. I ran until my body felt numb. I ran until my legs gave out. All I wanted to do was run. Run away from the monster that he became.

But suddenly, I stopped..

I stood still, my body just stopped..

I still wanted to run but my body just froze on the spot. 'No no no!' I chanted in my thoughts, 'I cant stop now, he'll catch up..'

I started to panic. My breath started to uneven, I breathed harshly. My body shook in fear, I felt scared.. No.. I was terrified. Terrified that he would find me, terrified that he could catch me.

I imagined the thing he could do...

I imagined the things that he would do...

I felt something run down my cheek. I didnt even feet that I was already crying..

Wiping my tears, I tried to move.. but still, I failed. Why couldnt I move? 'Someone! Please, help me!' I screamed in my thoughts. Then I heard footsteps behind me. I heard that deep voice, laughing on how pathetic I am. I closed my eyes.. Praying..

I prayed the he was just a figment of my imagination..

I prayed that somehow, he would just disappear..

 

But.. He didn't ..

 

When I opened my eyes, he was right in front of me. With a devilish grin etched on his lips, he grabbed a fistful of my hair. I whimpered in pain and fear. I didn't want to look at him but he forced me to..

I saw those eyes..

Those dark brown orbs that displayed nothing..

Completely nothing..

He didnt feel any guilt for the lives he took. He didnt show any emotions. He was merciless..

I struggled for my life..

I struggled to escape..

But he was just too strong..

Then suddenly

 

He smiled..

 

That smile, it didn't mean happiness. That smile meant the end of me..

He raised the knife he held and I watched it glimmer in the darkness..

This is it..

This is the end..

I screamed on the top of my lungs..

Then everything turned bright..

 

 

 

"Luhan!!"

I heard someone call my name..

Slowly, I opened my eyes. I felt myself panting and drenched in sweat. It was just a nightmare. What happened wasn't real. I sighed in relief as I slowly sat up from bed and glanced around. I was home, in our bedroom, safe from harm. But how come that dream felt so real. I still feel my body shaking, I still feel my lips quivering. I was still terrified from the man in my dreams.

"Luhan.. Are you okay?"

I heard his voice once again. That soothing voice that made me feel safe. I turned my head to the side to look at him as I tried to calm myself down.

"S-Sehun.." I called out, more like a whisper.

I couldn't even find my own voice due from fear. He looked at me worriedly before he moved closer and cupped my cheeks softly while looking at me directly in my eyes.

"Are you okay?" he asked once again when I didn't respond to his first question.

I nodded at him to answer his question. Slowly, I leaned in close to him and hugged him tightly. I felt him hug me back as I hid my face into his chest. I couldn't even hide the fact that I was still shaking.

"I'm fine Hunnie.. It's just a nightmare.. It can't hurt me.." I said softly that was muffled by his shirt.

Couldn't it?

It can't hurt me right?

He can't hurt me..

It was just a dream.. a terrifying nightmare..

"Do you want to talk about it?"  he asked me while he soothingly rubbed my back to help me calm down but I just shook my head in response.

I don't want to talk about that man..

I was still scared of him..

I still felt terrified from what I saw..

I didn't know why.. it was just a dream..

A dream thatfelt so hauntingly real..

But how come I don't remember the man's face? Are all dreams like this?

I then heard Sehun sigh as he slowly pulled away from the hug. I saw him smile at me softly.

That smile..

That smile was so contagious that I found myself smiling back at him..

"Are you feeling better now?" he asked while his caressed my cheek softly. With a smile, I nodded at him before placing a kiss o cheek then to his lips.

"That' good then.. Come on.. Let's go back to sleep.." he said softly.

I glanced at the clock on the wall opposite to our bed. It was only midnight and I barely even got some sleep. I even woke Sehun up from the screams I did while I was asleep. I wish I wasn't a burden to him. I looked back at him and saw him waiting for me to get back to his side. I smiled once again before I lied back down beside him. He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me close to him.

He felt so warm..

I felt safe in his arms..

He felt home..

I smiled at his sweet gesture before snuggling close to him. My breathing was now calm. My shaking stopped and I felt tired.

"Goodnight Sehun..." I mumbled as I closed my eyes.

"Goodnight baby.. I love you.." he answered back as he pulled the blanket over us.

"I love you too.." I answered back before I was consumed by darkness.

 

-----------

 

It's already morning and I was downstairs, in the kitchen, preparing some breakfast for Sehun. I wanted to make it up to him when I woke him up last night.

Yeah.. Last night..

That dream..

I sighed as I cut the crust off the bread. I never liked the crust on breads and I don't know if Sehun felt like that too. I guess he had gotten used to eating bread without crusts since we started to live together. I smiled at the thought.

I gasped in shock when I felt to arms wrapped around my waist from the back. I then felt a weight on my shoulder. I guess Sehun's awake now.

"Don't scare me like that!" I exclaimed and tilted my head to look at him

"Well, thats a great way to great goodmorning.. Goodmorning to you too baby.." he said before pecking my lips.

I just rolled my eyes at him and took of his arms around me.

"Here.. I made you breakfast.." I said as I gave him the plate then smiled.

"Thank you.." he said then smiled back at me

"Now go eat! I need to feed our cat.." I added then pushed him towards the table while he chuckled at my childishness

I walked towards the living room to look for our cat. His name was whiskers and yes, I was the one who named him like that.

I was calling out to him when I noticed a letter on the floor in front of our front door. The mail's already here? I furrowed my brows as I went to pick the letter up.

"What's that?" I heard Sehun ask and then I turned around to see him enter the living room and walked towards me.

I just shrugged and opened the letter. I blinked a few times when I saw what it was. It was an invitation.

"A reunion, huh?" he said as he looked at the invitation I held.