Pampered Little Birdie

Meow! Crayon Power!

 

Ellin wasn't expecting to be working as a waitress for the new cafe. In fact, she wasn't expecting her life as she knew it to completely change. And who did she have to thank for that? Chanyeol and Kai.

The dynamic duo told her about evil aliens known as the VIXX clan who were planning on invading the earth and taking back what used to be there's. This sounded a little too farfetched for Ellin, but she figured she would wait and see. They also mentioned that there were four other girls like her who would accompany her in her battle against the VIXX clan and that she would be able to identify them by a strange mark located somewhere on their body. Since then, Ellin has been asking her closest friends if they've noticed any weird markings, but no luck. In fact, they thought she was even crazier. 

Ellin was completely exhausted being the only waitress working the cafe. Chanyeol would come and help from time to time when she got extremely busy, but Kai was always in the basement lab on his computer. Some help his is.

"Thank goodness this day is finally over. I'm heading home to take a nap!" Ellin said stretching and yawning wide.

"You'd better close your mouth, you might attract flies," said Kai.

"Ugh!! Do you always have to be such a jerk!?!" Ellin grumped as she grabbed her bag and bursted out of the door. "I don't get it! They're the ones who forced me into this! I never asked for this!! Yet they treat me like dirt! It's so unfair! I quit!!" Ellin shouted to herself. Just then, a little brown dog ran up to her wagging its friendly tail. Ellin beamed down at the adorable creature and picked it up, cooing over its cuteness.

"Oh you're so cute! Yes you are! Yes you are!" she said.

"Cucumber! Get back here!" Ellin turned to see who shouted and saw a girl with short hair, dyed blue at the tips, running towards her. The dog then jumped out of Ellin's arms and ran to the girl. "Now Cucumber, you know not to go up to strange people," the girl said as she brushed the dog's fur.

"Your dog is adorable," Ellin said as she walked up to the girl.

"Oh thanks, I know. Sorry about that, she's just excited to run around because she hasn't been outside all day," said the girl.

"Oh no it's totally cool, not a problem. I'm Ellin by the way! I don't think I've ever seen you around here before."

"You haven't. I go to Shinhwa Academy." Ellin's eyes nearly popped out of her head.

"S-Shinhwa Academy?? The Shinhwa Academy??? That school is only for like rich people! I could never in a million years get into there!"

"I'm sure you couldn't, not even if you got a scholarship," the girl said as she brushed her hair off her shoulder and chuckled a little. Ellin curled her lip in an irritated scowl. "I'm actually in this part of town because I heard a new cafe opened and I've been dying to see their menu! I'm a er for scones!"

"Oh, I work there! I was just leaving actually," said Ellin.

"Really? Then you can serve me my tea and scones! Come on let's go!!"

"Uh no no I'm done for the day, I'm going home now," Ellin said waving her arms, but the girl grabbed one of her arms and pulled her back in the direction of the cafe.

"Come on Ellin! I've been dying for a scone all day, be a dear and serve me! It is your job after all. Besides, aren't we friends?"

"One, I just met you and two I don't even know your name! Plus I wanted to get home and call Baek--- um someone," said Ellin.

"Oh my apologies. My name is Geummi. Now that we're acquainted, let's go!" Geummi said pulling Ellin to the cafe. For a snobby rich girl she sure is strong, Ellin thought to herself.

Ellin was dragged back into the cafe by Geummi. Chanyeol was wiping down tables and was surprised to see her back so soon.

"Ellin! I thought you were going home for the day?" he said.

"Yeah so did I..." Ellin muttered. Geummi sat down at one of the tables and looked at the menu.

"Blueberry scones!! My favorite!! Waitress! I'll have three of those please! And a cup of mint tea would be nice. I must have my afternoon tea! It's just essential. You understand don't you?" she said. Ellin stared at her for a long time then groaned as she went back into the kitchen.

"Hello there, my name is Chanyeol, welcome to our cafe. Please make yourself comfortable," Chanyeol said to Geummi with a huge smile.

"Oh wow, you look just like my ex boyfriend! You're so cute!!" said Geummi. Chanyeol blushed a little and scratched the back of his head bashfully.

"Thank you," he said bowing politely.

Ellin burst through the kitchen doors with Geummi's tea and scones, then placed them on the table in front of Geummi. "There. Enjoy your afternoon tea. I'm going home now," she said.

"Not so fast. I like precisely two cubes of sugar in my tea. You gave me three. How can you expect me to drink this? Take it back, please," Geummi said handing Ellin the tea cup.

"I like this girl," Kai said smiling as he walked into the room, seeing what was going on. Ellin rolled her eyes at the blonde.

"Oh wow, you're cute too! No, you're hot!" Geummi said with a blush. Kai winked at her.

"Stop flirting with the customers Kai! Don't you have work to do anyway?? Mr. I always spend time in the basement because I'm stupid and unhelpful!!" said Ellin.

"You're just jealous because I don't flirt with you. It's not my fault that you're not that attractive," Kai said with a shrug.

"Okay. That hurt," Ellin muttered. Just then, a beeper in Chanyeol's shirt pocket went off. He pulled out a small cell phone and looked at it.

"Oh no," he said.

"What's wrong?" asked Kai.

"The VIXX clan. They're close, and their mutating more animals," said Chanyeol.

"Ew," said Geummi. Chanyeol gasped as he forgot that she was still in the room.

"Alright, we'll just send Ellin out then. What are you waiting for? Transform!" said Kai.

"Right here? Now?" 

"Waitress where's my tea with two sugar cubes?" Geummi said impatiently. Ellin turned to Geummi to scowl but was quickly surprised when she saw a glowing mark on her back. It looked like wings..

"Chanyeol," Ellin whispered, motioning for him to look. "Is that...the mark you were talking about?" she asked. Chanyeol saw it and nodded.

"She's one of you," he said, then pulled out another pendant from a bag beside him. Ellin decided not to waste any time and transformed into her fusion form, causing Geummi to panic.

"Oh my goodness!! What are you??" she shouted jumping up from her table.

"You're one too Geummi!" said Ellin.

"Excuse me?"

"You have a fusion form as well, and to activate it, I need you to take this pendant," Chanyeol said walking up to Geummi with pendant in his hand.

"Eww! I don't wanna be a freak girl!"

"You're not a freak. You're a beautiful young woman who has the ability to save the endangered species of animals, no not just animals, you could save the earth if you help us," said Chanyeol. Geummi blushed at how close Chanyeol had gotten to her.

"Well..I-I guess so," she said as she took the pendant from his hand. Instantly, she sprouted beautfiul blue wings through her transformation.

"Alright! A bird thing!" said Ellin.

"She's a lorikeet you moron," said Kai.

"Which is a bird, so you're the moron!" Ellin said sticking her tongue out at Kai.

"Enough fooling around. I need the two of you to get to this area immediately before another major mutation happens!" Chanyeol said pointing to a map on his phone.

"Right, don't want another rat incident," said Ellin.

"Rats!?!?" Geummi squeaked.

"Uh forget I said that. Let's go!" Ellin said pulling Geummi along with her out of the cafe.

 

The two of them reached an alley where the blinking on Chanyeol's map was. There was no sign of anything unusual.

"Hmm there's nothing here.." Ellin said tapping her chin and looking around.

"What exactly are we looking for?" asked Geummi.

"To be honest, I'm not entirely sure," said Ellin. Just then, one of the nearby trash cans tipped over and a small slimy bubble spilled out from inside, growing bigger.

"EWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!" Geummi squeaked.

"Something's mutating! Quick! Use your weapon!" Ellin shouted.

"What weapon?"

"I dunno, you tell me!" Geummi thought for a minute, then raised her arm in the air.

"Heart Arrow!" she shouted, instantly a fancy blue bow and arrow appeared in her hand. She twirled around ballerina style and shot it at the bubble, destroying it completely without a trace left behind. "Gross," she said.

"That was so cool, Geummi!!" Ellin exclaimed.

"That was so not," Geummi replied.

"Getting rid of my predasites? Naughty naughty," said a voice. Ellin and Geummi looked all around, searching for the whereabouts of the voice. Ellin turned around to be face to face with a tanned, red-haired man in front her. The man grabbed her and pecked her on the lips then flipped away as she swatted at him.

"Agh! Gross!!" she said as she wiped her lips. She looked up to see him hovering in the air.

"The name's N, leader of the VIXX. I think we'll be seeing a lot more of eachother, kitty cat," he said then disappeared.

"He was kind of cute. You know, for an alien. Why did he kiss you and not me?" said Geummi.

"You're unbelievable," said Ellin.