Hopeless Love

Small Shadow

This chapter will be Taehyun's POV. Happy reading ^^~

= = = = = 

In the 6th semester, in our departement have a big project. Our class divided to 2 groups, we must sells foods and beverages that unique, make some unforgetable cafe! In the preparation days of the cafe, I started to realized something. I love music so much. And become tired with this college life. I survived until now just by thinking my parents's hard work to pay this extra-expensive high-end college. And maybe because in first bored college life, I finally knew Mino. We get separated classes before and make a many same classes after 4th semester. And we become very closer and closer that people around us mistaken us for dating. They start to asking us if we are dating. We just shake our head and state "No, we're not dating!" or just stared each other with annoying look when people ask us when together and said like "I'm dating this ugly man?!" or something like "Am I that crazy dating this man?!" Jokes, curse, tease with friends plus a packed paper, endless tasks, busy preparation for cafe, make me so tired to do this again. I just want a free life. My own life. No lies, no acts. I decided to take a break from college. Coward, I know. But I just want to pursue my dreams. My real dreams.

 

*JinSeungHoKyungMinHoonYoonNam Group Chat*

Taehyun : Guys I have some news

Seungyoon : Bad or good

Taehyun : Bad? or good? idk

Jinwoo : what news?

...

Jiho : Why not answering Taehyun-ah?

Taehyun : Idk to write this to you

Mino : why why why my nam nam nam

Jihoon : They start again

Jiho : otw puke to the bathroom

Taehyun : This is serious kay?

Mino : say it

Taehyun : mmm

Seungyoon : Just say to me and will write it for you tae, cant you just say it to me im in your room okey?

Taehyun : I take a break from college

...

Mino : you're not kidding rt?

Jiho : why

Jihoon : WHY

Jiho: tae why

Mino : tae?

Jihoon : WHY YOU MUST EXPLAIN IT TO US

Kyung : hey sorry just join what hpn?

Mino : tae said he want to take a break frm college

Kyung : serious?! why?

Jihoon : we waiting his answer now stupid. TAE ANSWER

Taehyun : sorry sorry, Jinwoo and Seungyoon in my room and bombardir me with questions. I just want to take a break. idk

Mino : why so sudden?!

Kyung : OMG

 

I can't say I take a break to pursue my dream, become a singer. I'm a strerotype person with shy personalities that I can't shared all things in my head to other people, even my best friends. I don't know why, maybe I'm shy? They're good friends, not they're a bad, it's just my bad personality I have make it all awkward. Notice tone from my phone that tell me I have a new private chat. I read the sender. Mino. 

 

Mino : hey

Tae : hey

Mino : so can you tell me why the sudden news?

Tae : i just tired

Mino : liar

Tae : what

Mino: you have smthng rt? secret? tell me tae !

Tae : nothing rlly~ i just tired

Mino : liar

Tae : jinjjaaaa~ i just tired and i want to visit my parents after 1 year I'm not go home

Mino : so tell me the other secret

Tae : no other secret!

Mino : liar

Tae : jinjjayaaa~ I'm not lying!

Mino : r u hate me?

Tae : ?????

Mino : T_T

Tae : why the sudden self-blame? hahaha

Mino : I just feel...

Tae : ???? 

Mino : ...

Tae : what

Mino : i won't tell you coz you don't tell your secret

Tae : ish! no secret kay? I'm just tired with all of this...

Tae : jinjja yaaa

Tae : Mino yaaaa

Tae : r u angry?

Tae : please please repply sorryyyy

Tae : Mino yaaaaaa

Mino : we're start to have same classes, same group but suddenly you left. U hate me rt?

Tae : eh???? no no NO

Mino : liar

Tae : No! Mino NO! Not that reason! Really!!!

Mino : whatever

Tae : No MINO i will go to ur room

 

After I explain all the reason (except the singer reason) finally you understand me and give me a weak supporting smile. Everyday you send a complain message, both in private and group chat or when we talked together in our room, but still you help me to pack my things. So after some difficult process to take a break, I take all the saved money on my secret pocket on my bed, I go to Seoul and auditioned in various music label. Big company, until the company that I don't know exist. Six months passed with a dissapointed result, I decided to back to college. Maybe that action is just my un-matured mind cause of the stress of busy semester. So I just determined myself to graduate faster and pursue my singer dream. 

 

Many things changed after I left college. Seungyoon, Jinwoo, Jiho, and Jihoon decided to take a double degree in overseas. Park Kyung become a sudden president of a big company, since his father is ill. He become absent-rich boy on college and get detention because the absents. And so, I left alone with Mino in this college. We spend time always together and decided to take the same classes since no close friends again beside each other. We started to go out together. Start to go out in the night for dinner or just a snack to satisfied hungry tummy on midnight. We always together. Eat, study, finishing tasks from the proffesor all together, we even share a same group if the class have a group projects. 

 

I start to have this sweet expectation. Once I get this - I don't know what to say - signal from you, I just closed fast all the expectation. Afraid. Coward. We're best friend, I don't want to ruin this. We're just a best friends, nothing special more than that. Maybe we're just lonely because our best friends all gone. But... I can have that expectation right? Expectation... That you have a feeling for me? That we're not a just friends? 

 

Until that some night, we go to our favorite snack house. We ordered our favorite menus, and sit faced each other and start to talk random things like that is the natural thing to do. Curse the groups's person that not come out when we worked the projects, curse the proffesor that have a dificult tasks or difficult exam, video calling the four overseas person and share our activities, called Park Kyung, with his favorite menu in this house. 

 

"Many people asking me that if we're dating." Mino said after ended the call with Kyung.

 

I stop munching my food and face him. "What?"

 

"I said, many people asked if we're dating." He faced me too. Look straight to my eyes.

 

"That's the everyday quiz, Mino-ya. I get that questions too." I said, try to act all cool, but avoided his hipnotized deep black eyes with that annoying perfect eyelashes. 

 

"Are we look like we're dating?" He asked. No munch again and just look at my face. I look his face. Serious look changed that loveable tanned face. So I just let out a small smile and shake my head. Continue to snack my mouth with my favorite snacks that the taste become like a sands. I hate this talk. "Friends right? No more? Why they always ask that question? Don't understand~" Stop munching and I look at him.  "We're... just friend... right?"

 

For a few seconds, I just stared blankly at his deep eyes. Mind gone blank. Afraid he catch my sudden shock reaction, I just nodded, continue munch my snack and acts cool, said, "Yeah... what else?" Coward. I even said it with a flat tone, little trimble and weak voice, eyes avoiding that black one. 

 

Awkward silence. Still avoided your glance, munching as many of my food. 

 

"Yeah right?" And you start to smile. I hate myself still have that stupid butterflies attacking my stomach when see that stupid wide smile. 

 

Why you must smile like that?

 

It makes me weak.

 

It makes me to... like you and like you again.

 

I even can't say love on my own mind. 

 

Because I'm afraid...

 

I'm...

 

Hurts.

 

It hurts.

 

A lot.

 

= = = = = 

 

어쩌면 그렇게 아름답게 웃는지  (Why you smile beautifuly like that?)
너를 보고 있으면 내 시간이 멈춰서 (When I look you, my times stops)
어째서 이런 사랑을 하는지 (Why I must have this kind of love?)
 
네가 하는 말이, 말할 때 몸짓들이  (The words you said, the gesture you made when you talked)
내 가슴을 끝없이 두들기고 두들겨  (It knocks my heart endlessly)
하지만 나는 문을 굳게 닫아 (But I close that door tightly)
 
오 날 보는 네 눈빛 속엔 내 맘과 같은 맘이 없어 (In you eyes that look at me, there are no same feelings to me)
슬프고 슬픈 일이지 네 맘을 안다는 게 (I know this is a sad thing)
 
희망이 없는 걸 알아 그래서 널 볼 때마다 난  (I know there's no hope, so when I look into your eyes)
너무 힘들어 너무 사랑해서 (It's so hard, because I really love you)
친구라는 말이 아파 넘지 못할 선 밖에 선 나 (It hurts so much when you said we just friends, I'm standing in the line that I can't cross)
아픈데도 왜 난 계속 돌아서질 못하지  (It hurts, but why I can't turn away?)
이 Hopeless Love (This hopeless love)
 
조금만 더 있다, 조금만 더 바라보다  (Just a little more, I look at you just a little bit more)
마음을 정리할 수 있을 거라고 믿어 이러고 있어 (Then I can put away my feelings)
하지만 점점 더 커져만 가고 (But my feeling getting bigger)
점점 더 깊어지는 내 맘이 (And getting deeper)
말을 듣지 않아 나아지지 않아 (My heart won't listen, won't get better)
 
Lonely, 널 보는 내 마음이 (Lonely, my hearts that looks for you)
희망 없는 이 사랑이  (There's no hope in this love)
참 아프기만 하지 (It hurts so much)
 
= Park Ji Min - Hopeless Love =
 

= = = = =

 

Chapter two is out ^^ Longer than I planned. This is un-beta one, please understand me if there are some errors ^^;

So what you think? Is Mino have a feeling for Tae? Or Taehyun just mistaken his feeling of the friendship that they're shared? Scream all your comments! That will make my day ^^ Subscribe and upvote will be great ^^

Hope you like this story ^^ See you soon at the next chapter. ppyong!