Hiding Behind the Friend Label

Small Shadow

After Jinwoo and Seungyoon left, Taehyun made some new friends. First, Lee Seunghoon. he's Tehyun's senior by 2 years, they met when they in one group of the class. He was really nice, warm heart hyung, and have so many great place to eat. And the other is Jinhwan. Taehyun and Jinhwan is in the same year, before they never talk, but after they met in same class, they become close since they have many mutual. They love musics, eat many good food and for the surprise, Jinhwan's room is just beside him. And one day, when Park Kyung, Mino, and Taehyun promise to eat together, Taehyun bring Jinhwan. After few months, finally Jinhwan tell Taehyun that Jinhwan and Parkyung is dating. 

 

After Jinhwan-Kyung big news, Taehyun who avoided Mino doesn't have the reason to avoid Mino again. Jinhwan is busy dating. Seunghoon who always become his partner to eat is have a part-time in Coffee House near their college. But Taehyun tried to avoided Mino if he can. If Mino ask to eat together in cafetaria, he just said that he have class. If Mino ask to dinner together, he said that he have homework left. They're still friends. But Taehyun felt that he must close his feeling, before it's getting bigger and deeper. But as he prayed, Seunghoon is out from his part-time job and they now spend time together, without Mino, since Mino don't know Seunghoon. Thanks to Seunghoon, Taehyun now can avoid Mino easier. But after a few months, Taehyun feel something gone in him. Now he met Mino just in class and when they work same homework. And for the chat, Taehyun just answer Mino with simple words with no emoticon and he avoided his phone as he can. He miss Mino's joke. He miss Mino's smile. He miss Mino's call. He miss Mino's touch. He realized that he miss Mino so much. But he always avoid Mino, he remember that Mino just think that they're just friend. So before this feeling become bigger, he must close it. 

 

At one night, when he work some tasks, Taehyun heard a loud knock in his room. He open the door and found Jinhwan there. He smiles, sad smile. "Hey, come in." Taehyun said and open the door bigger to let Jinhwan enter. Jinhwan sit in Taehyun's bed and Taehyun just cleaned the books that randomly placed on the floor. 

 

"Why it's so hurt?"

 

Taehyun heard Jinhwan's voice. He turned around to face Jinhwan and saw Jinhwan already have a flood-tears in his cheeks. Taehyun's panick and don't know what to do. So he just place stacked books on the floor, take tissue box and go to Jinhwan. He cried even louder and hug Taehyun.  He don't know what to happen but he just silent there and wait for Jinhwan is ready to tell him his problem. Taehyun just tap Jinhwan's shoulder with same beat to comfort him. So Jinhwan is still sobbing and tears ruthless still flowing, he said, "I... broke up with Kyung..." I stop the tap because of the shockfor a few seconds. "After that meeting, we become closer... he always chat me and ask me to out... I... We become best friends... And we felt something different... Finally we dating... but... but... " I hear him in silence. "I... he... always busy with his... his works..." I'm answer with some "Hmm" sound to tell him that I listened. "He didn't have time... for... for... me..." I nod at his shoulder. "His father knows about our relationship... and... he... his father contacted me... to end... end... our relationship..." Jinhwan let out the hugs and sit in front of me, pull out some tissues and wipe his eye but his eyes become wet again with new tears. "I... I.... said I can't..." Silence with Jinhwan's soft sobbing. "But... Kyung said... we... must... must end this." Jinhwan's cover his eyes with tissues and I can see his shoulder move up and down, crying hard. Don't know what to do, Taehyun just sit in front of him in silence. He just scomfort him with silence until Jinhwan fell sleep. Check for the last time that Jinhwan really sleep, Taehyun took his smartphone and send a message to Mino. 

 

Taehyun : hey

 

Mino immediately read and repply

 

Mino : Hey

Mino :You hear KyungHwan's news?

Taehyun : Yeah, I heard. Now Jinhwan's in my room 

Mino : Yeah? Me too in Kyung's office

Taehyun : How's he?

Mino : Like a zombie. Drunk 4 bottle soju already. All alone

Taehyun : OMG. 

Mino : and still sober

Taehyun : this is bad.

Mino : Jinhwan?

Taehyun : Sleeping

Mino : WHAT

Taehyun : with his tears wetting my bed.

Mino : Kyung said that he don't want to end this tough

Taehyun : --?

Mino : why?

Taehyun : Jinhwan said that Kyung asked them to end this all

Mino : You know Kyung's father right?

Mino : He don't want Jinhwan hurt because of him

Taehyun : OMG. Drama-like relationship? What should we do now?

Mino : Don't know either. Have you tell JinYoon?

Taehyun : Not yet. You tell Jihoon and Jiho?

Mino : Yeah, but no answer yet. Ahhhh what should I do??? So awkward here!

Taehyun : same here, afraid he will awake and cried again

Mino : Poor them

Taehyun : T_T

Mino : (food emoticon) 

Mino : Have you eaten?

Taehyun : You mention eat in situation like this?!

Mino : Why? I'm hungry!!! But I'm a loyal person, I can't leave Kyung now

Taehyun : whatever

Mino : Oh kyung's drunk! Since jinhwan sleeping too, how about dinner?

Taehyun : I can't! 

Mino : I'm hungry! Long time not meet you, I miss you ^^

 

Taehyun shock at the last message. He... miss me? He think. Sudden loud ringtone make him shock. A call from Seunghoon hyeing. Yeah, miss me as a friend, he think and answer Seunghoon. "Oh, hyung?" I answered while left the room so he doesn't distur Jinhwan. "Ah... dinner? I can't hyung, sorry. Jinhwan... you know him right? He just broke up with Kyung..."

 

"Really?!" Seunghoon asked in other line. "Ya! How come you trap him in the room! We must eat good food to entertain him! I will go to your room in few minutes!"

 

So I entered my room and wake up Jinhwan. Still sobbing he open his eyes. Swollen red, and have a tear that ready to fall. "Oh my God. Your face is like a trash." Jinhwan back to sleep. "Oh my! You..." I pulled his heavy body from sleep. "Need..." I pulled he to my bathroom. "To eat! Now wash your trash face! I can't look you, really!" 

 

"I'm not eat tonight..." without look his face in mirror, Jinhwan already walk back to the bed, Taehyun pull him back. 

 

"Look your face!" said Taehyun and sprinkle some water on Jinhwan's face. "Ya! If you end with Kyung, does that mean you end your life too?!" As Taehyun wash Jinhwan's face, the door open and Seunghoon enter. "Oh, hyung, here in bathroom." Jinhwan turn his face at the guest. Seunghoon give him with confused look. 

 

"He's Jinhwan?" he asked to me, I nod. "You said he have a handsome face? His face... just like...no comment."

 

"You hear that?! The person who first time look at you said no comment! Just wash your face and eat with us!" 

 

So here we are sit in the fast food restaurant far from dorm. It's lucky that Seunghoon have car, so they can escape to the far place. We ordered chocolate ice cream for Jinhwan who sitting blankly with his eyes swollen red in the chair. Taehyun and Seunghoon rolled their eyes and scop the ice cream to Jinhwan's mouth. And after Taehyun and Seunghoon become like a idiot just to entertain Jinhwan, finally they can see Jinhwan's first smile that night. Even tough a weak smile. That night, Seunghoon and Jinhwan decide to sleep in Taehyun's room since his room is empty. After few days, things become normal, except for Taehyun's mind.

 

After that, Jinhwan avoided Kyung as much as he can. When Kyung visit him on dorm, I must shake my head and tap Kyung's shoulder. His smartphone is turn off even his mother called me to ask Kyung's news. And when I planned with Mino to eat together, Jinhwan just go home when saw Kyung's face. So I just accompany him to dorm, and Mino must comfor Kyung in the restaurant. They become distant. Jinhwan determined himself to forget Kyung. 

 

"If you can, don't date your bestfriend, Taehyun-ah. If things become bad, you can lost your best friend."

 

Jinhwan's voice like a thunder in my head. 

 

What if Mino knows what I feel about him? What if he avoided me like Jinhwan did to Kyung? What if I can't see him again like usual? What if our relationship become awkward?

 

Taehyun look at Jinhwan who blankly saw the skyscapers in front of them. He saw it too and he saw that sun is setting. The orange light cover the sky as he got the answer. I just satisfied with this relationship. I still can talk to him everyday. We still throw jokes each other. We can work our tasks and curse other person. We can waste our time at night when we can't sleep and bet who will fell sleep first. I satisfied when I can see him at close distance if we talk in group at cafetaria. I still can watch your smile and laugh. Yes, I satisfied with this relationship. A relationship called friends. But... Mino ya? You... really don't know my feeling? Are you really don't have any feelings for me? Why you just calm like that if you touch my hand when my heart like want to explode? Sometimes I'm angry with you. But this all is my mistake. I'm afraid. Because I'm hiding. So I will not angry again. I'm happy. I'm happy become your best friend. 

 

= = = = =

 

어느새 넌 내게로 와 내 맘속으로 와 (You came to me, into my heart)
친구 아닌 남자로 내 옆에 있었지 (as something more than a friend)
그렇게 널 옆에 두고 내 맘 숨기고 이렇게  (Next to you, I hid my heart)
숨어, 숨어, 친구라는 이름 뒤에 숨어 (Hide, hide, hiding behind the friend label)

 

솔직히 나 겁이 났었어 (Honestly I was afraid)
너를 보면 떨리는 내 맘 익숙지 않아 (I wasn't used to my trembling heart when I saw you)
사실 아무렇지 않은 네가 미웠었나 봐 (Honestly I resented you for acting like everything was normal)
이런 내 맘 너는 왜 모르니 (Why you didn't know my heart?)

= Apink - So Long =

 

= = = = =

 

Okay, first, I don't know why I coupling Jinhwan with Park Kyung. Hahahahahah~ I just want to coupling Taehyun's friend with Mino's. And I found that Jinhwan and Park Kyung left since Zico,P.O, JinYoon gone to overseas.  Okay, I'm sorry for that. Hope you like this chapter ^^

Oh! I read my story mentioned by NamsongFiction at twitter. Thank you so much ^^ Ad for the subscribers! When I saw the notification, it become my energy drink to write this story hahaha~ Thank you so much ^^ For carolbension : I'm happy you like my story ^^ For lingzw87: I love your story so much and don't believe that you read my story too ^^ Happy that you like my story ^^

And thank you so much for the readers ^^ Thank you for your time to read this lame story, this is not beta one, so please understand if there's some eror. No silent reader please ^^~ LOVE YOU ALL <3 *hug and kisses*

 

Updated :

Okay, I decided to end this story here. 

Thank you for all read this story ^^ Sorry if I'm inactive.

Hope I will bring you a new story soon!