If You

Small Shadow

 

The sun already rised high above. Bright sunny and windy day, the perfect combination that make Nam Taehyun lazy enough to go out from his cool, comfortable room. Let out heavy sigh, he finally get out from the dorm. Imagine all about making uniques dish or sweet bread since he entered Hospitality Management, and here he is studying management, especially tax, that make him want to puke and trap with thick books on his hand and heavy bag on his shoulder, walking together with SeungYoon to campus. Sighing and resigning with today's exam. Enter class, and for surprise, the proffesor already arranged the chair. With a soft curse, they look at their chair and when found it they let out a happy curse. They sit near to each other. The bad part is, Taehyun sit in front of Seungyoon. 

 

One hour passed. Taehyun look at his answer sheet. Empty. Busying himself with calculator beside him, and random doddling on his empty paper bedise his answer. Glancing here and there hope that he can get an answer with Seungyoon kicked his chair thousand times already. He steal a glance to the proffesor and found him already close his eyes, sleeping. Took the chance, he turn his face to Seungyoon and shake his head hurriedly. Seungyoon look at him and give a motion in his mouth like a curse and start to glance around him look for the answers. Taehyun straight his body and wasted time until someone give him an answer. Suddenly-and luckily, the girl in front of him give her answer sheet with a carefull motion. Taehyun give her a questioned look and get wink for the answer. So he take the answer sheet and copy all the answer. Done, then give his answer sheet to Seungyoon. 

 

Come out from class, Seungyoon give him a hug from behind. "Thank you for the answer Tae! I love you so much!" And give Taehyun a peck on his cheek.

 

Taehyun looked annoyed and clean his cheek. "Aish... Don't do that again!" 

 

"Ah, Tae, this is Song Mino."

 

Taehyun look at the tall tanned man beside Seungyoon. The tanned man give Taehyun a smile and extended his hand, "Song Mino." Unexpected from his cute-looking-like face, he have a deep rough husky voice. Taehyun give his hand to him. 

 

"Taehyun. Nam... Taehyun."

 

"Thank you for the answers, Taehyun-ssi..." Mino said after they let go their hands. He said with such an awkward tone, since don't know what to called the middle part in front of him. "You look like you can answer all the questions."

 

Taehyun startled. "Ah! Oh, I'm... I... I got the answer too. Actually I can't... well..."

 

Seungyoon give him a surprised look. "That's not your answer?!" He almost scream, make his voice crack. 

 

"Yeah... I get the answer from... from the girl in front of me..." He found Mino and Seungyoon widened their eyes. "If I'm not mistaken, her name is..."

 

"HYEWON?!" the three of them said a name together with a different tone. 2 shocked tone, 1 with a little question tone. 

 

Taehyun shock and nod after hear a name. Mino sit in nearby chair with covered his face with his hand. And Seungyoon start nagging. "You get the answer form Hyewon, and give it to me?! What the hell, Tae!"

 

"Why... why... Hyewon... why?" Taehyun look at his bestfriend with a worried look as he tugged his hair behind his ear. He drop his eyebrows. 

 

"You don't know Hyewon?! She's always like that! Stupid girl behind that smart-looking glasses! She always trapped other student so she didn't get the lower score in class! GOD!" 

 

"But... but she look kind..." Taehyun said with his guilty look with hs droopy eyebrows. "I... I'm sorry..."

 

Seungyoon sigh and said like whatever but continue to nagging without look at Taehyun. Mino stand and walk toward Taehyun who look so guilty with his droopy eyebrows like that. "It's our fault anyways! Don't study last night so we can't answer. I can't do tax tough. It's okay." He said and tap Taehyun's shoulder and give the droppy eyebrows boy a wide smile, hope that will comfort him. 

 

Seungyoon look at his watch and tap Taehyun's shoulder. "Ya, we must go to Jinwoo's class and eat if we don't want to starve in the next class." The tax exam waste their energy from him. Mino said he have a class in few minutes so they decide to separate ways. 

 

"See you next week!" Mino said and waved to them. They go to Jinwoo's class. Before that, Taehyun watch the tanned man again with a guilty look. 

 

= = = = =

 

Now, 2 years after that here Taehyun just smiled at Mino who joke around with him. He mentioned about how they meet for the first time to JInwoo, Park Kyung, Jinhwan, Jiho, and Jihoon. 

 

"He looked so serious that time! Like counting on his paper, and I found out he actually drawing some trees!" Mino laughed so loud. The group ask him the next. "And finally he get the lowest score from three of us!" Laughed again now with the group laughing too. Taehyun slapped him, want to shut his mouth. 

 

Taehyun don't remember when or how. He become close to Mino and his friends, Jiho and Jihoon. Same with Mino, he become close to Jinwoo and Seungyoon, Taehyun's best friend. At the first time they met, Mino just like hearing their accent. Not like the Busan one, Jeolla* dialect with that 'ing-ing' sound so funny to Mino. Taehyun, Jinwoo, and Seungyoon come from Daegu and have a thick Jeolla dialect, so Mino who all his life lived in Busan want to hear it from the native one. And they become close. Just like that. And from when and why, Taehyun felt empty if Mino not sit beside him like this. And Taehyun become all bored if not joke around with Mino like this. 

 

If you, If you 

너도 나와 같이 힘들다면  (You have the same hard times like me)

우리 조금 쉽게 갈 수는 없을까 (Can we make this little easier?)

 

오늘같이 가녀린 비가 내리는 날이면  (On days where thin rain falls)

너의 그림자가 떠오르고 (I remember your shadow)

서랍 속에 몰래 넣어둔 (Our memories that I secretly put in my drawer)

우리의 추억을 다시 꺼내 홀로 회상하고 (I take them out and reminisce again by myself)

= Big Bang - If You =

 

*Jeolla Dialect : Dialect that come from Gyeongsang Province. Seoul, Busan, Gyeongsang, all have a different dialect. Seoul with a gentle tone and end with a high tone. Busan have a strong dialect (you can hear it from Seungyoon or Seunghoon if they talk with their dialect, you can hear it on Cultwo Show or WINNER Talk on DVD Welcoming 2015). One of the member who have this Jeolla dialect is Jinwoo since he come from Imjado Island, Gyeongsang Province. If you can't imagine it, just listen at him on Cultwo Show too, but that's very short and not clear enough. Or if you watched Repply 1997 or Repply 1994, listen at Seong Siwon's dad, he's doing Jeolla dialect ^^) I have this video so you can imagine them using this dialect, I love korean's dialect especially Busan and Gyeongsang. Watch. For the difference, if you still don't know, Jung Eunji, Seo InGuk, and Go ARa use Busan dialect. And Sung DongIl (the two father who use Baseball Jacket) use Jeolla dialect.