Chapter 23

You Must Protect Her
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER TWENTY THREE; IN THE DARK.

"Sometimes it isn't as easy as a few words"

“Why can’t we just turn the lights on? Kris and Suho aren’t with us, they’re up on the other level, they’ll never know if we turn the lights on or not” Sehun complained, groaning as he pulled his legs closer to himself as he stayed hiding under the cover of the front desk. Hope followed Lay into the supply closet with her torch shining the way for them, pointing over the boxes that Lay looked in to find what they needed.

“I found it, finally” Lay sighed, pulling a box off a shelf and Hope followed him out of the closet, shutting the door behind her and rushing to keep up with him.

“We can’t turn the lights on because it is what we were ordered not to do Sehun, besides, I would totally tell on you if you did” Lay rushed past the entrance to the hospital, trying to avoid being seen as he quickly ducked behind the wall and pressed the button to the elevator. Sehun took Hope’s hand into his own after he crawled out from under the front desk. He scurried them past the clear windowed doors and over to Lay just in time for the elevator doors to open.

“I’ll put some of this cream on Daehyun” Lay muttered when he left the lift on the tenth floor, Hope followed after him until she heard Himchan yelling her name.

“Hope~!” He sang and Hope let out a sigh as she stopped walking, turning to look at the man that was second in command.

“There you are! I found her Yongguk!” Himchan continued to sing as he ran up to the girl.

“Come, come this way, you need food” Himchan chided when he grabbed onto the girl's arm, pulling her in the direction of the canteen on the tenth floor.

-----------

Lay made sure he didn’t make a sound when he was opening the door to his room so that he wouldn’t wake the one sleeping in the room. He put down the box filled with different creams and ointments on the sofa in the room and picked up the one that he was sure would help the wound he was fixing. When it was in his hand he went over to the bed of his roommate and pulled his covers back, moving his shirt so that the recovering scar was visible on his stomach. The coldness of the ointment was enough to wake Daehyun from his light sleep. He blinked at Lay who gave him a smile before putting his focus back on the scar. Daehyun thanked him and closed his eyes again, trying to go back into his dreams that didn’t seem to want to come to him. When Lay heard Daehyun’s breathing even out in what made him believe he must have been asleep, he finished rubbing the ointment into Daehyun’s skin and frowned at the scarred tissue.

A grunt unconsciously escaped Lay’s lips moments later, with a purple glow coming from his hands being where his concentration was, he didn’t even notice the noise he made, or that it forced Daehyun’s eyes open in curiosity. Daehyun was horrified as much as he was confused by what he saw, he threw himself away from the hands of who he thought was his friend, quickly fumbling to get off the bed, glaring at Lay as he pulled down the mask on his face.

“What the hell are you?” Daehyun hissed, he knew this was not the work of a simple human. Daehyun’s hands latched around the vase next to him on the bedside table, raising it to show he would attack if he needed to.

“I wasn’t going t-to hurt you I-I promise I-I was just healing y-you quicker. T-To get r-rid of your s-scar” Lay stammered, stunned by the situation he found himself in, and he felt as if he were done for.

“What are you? And tell the truth” Daehyun snapped and Lay stood frozen in his place, he knew he was done for, the others would find out that he had gotten them caught and they would kill him off. Lay took in a deep breath, raising his hands in the air so that Daehyun could see them no longer holding the same glow he had opened his eyes to before.

“I, I am from EXO Planet. The others and I were sent to this planet to look for the human that our king needs”

“You have got to be kidding me” Daehyun’s face dropped, angrily he let go of the old vase, letting it crash to the floor and break around his uncovered feet.

 “All this time, this entire time, everything you told us you knew about EXO Planets was because you are one of them, you’re part of that sickos plans. I cannot believe we were dumb enough to trust you! How can we even be sure you were telling us the truth now? You probably lied to us this entire time to get us in your grip, right where you wanted us. You probably told them where we were so they could attack us at the motel didn’t you?!” Daehyun shouted with pure aggression, he had never been so angry before, he had never had to use his voice to show his emotions so much, his throat was starting to itch and ache already.

“I promise you that we had no intention to do that, we didn’t know they would come to the motel, we didn’t think they would find us. What would that matter to you anyway?” Lay snarled, gaining his confidence when he remembered that he was the overly strong alien here, not Daehyun.

“Because you’re the ones that we’re meant to be stopping! We should have had you dead weeks ago!” Daehyun shouted, only to stop when he realised what he too had done, just like Lay.

“I can’t believe I just told you that, they’re going to kill me” At least he could relate to something with Lay, they would be lucky to make it out of this situation alive.

“Hold on a second. Is Hope the one we’ve been looking for? That means they weren’t after us, they were actually trying to take her, and your those warriors from Mato Planet that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter